Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

In a similar vein I have a Blueprints Hulkbuster that looks really cool but, well, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Red posted:

They really think people care about avatars? Maybe some people do, but ... eh.

I have my Rock, what more could I ever want?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

first time I did that with scarlet witch I remember going 'no loving way' when it actually worked

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

PlasticAutomaton posted:

announced that since the weekend missions are bugged, anyone who buys Silk will get a 1k token refund, so I'm actually tempted given the next two releases are straight to series 4.

I hope that's retroactive

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I'd save if you're already winning on average.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

cinnamon rollout posted:

Don't worry because that isn't exactly good advice anyway

Yeah it's the opposite. You want to experience what people are doing in this new pool, just having a couple s3 cards to begin with isn't going to do much if anything for you unless you're very lucky and all you're doing is delaying the inevitable

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Lol they raised all the medal costs of stuff in the shop by quite a bit

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

doingitwrong posted:

I can’t work out if I’d rather hoard gold/tokens by opening caches notes or wait for the new system.

I've been opening them just because gold/tokens are gonna be worse to get later. Heck, my last cache was 400 tokens

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Does Nimrod count as having been destroyed for Phoenix Force? The stupidest thing I can think of is Phoenix Force on Nimrod and then moving him into Kingpin on turn 6.

At that point why not just use ghost spider

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Cattail Prophet posted:

There's probably people out there that don't know you can tap on the facedown cards Daredevil shows you to see what they are.

I always hope this is the case when my opponent plays DD

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I love using and seeing the Kamala emote in smug circumstances, it's when it's used more than once that it sucks

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Devo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RTVoCkPlgE&t=459s

lmao this is so loving bad. Start at time stamp. This system could have been decent and they got greedy with it.

Yeah I think I'm just not gonna touch spotlights for a while. Only got the knull variant so far but just the idea that my second roll could go like that is offputting.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

New Leaf posted:

I'm at 97. How do I not gently caress this up?

I havent even gotten past 75 yet but I'd imagine just don't snap at all unless you know for a fact you can win. Retreat and take your 1 point losses when they snap if you have to.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Devo posted:

loving hilarious that I have to open my phone to even check that Conquest event. This game has been out a year and still doesn't have more than a bare bones functional PC client.

My cynical assumption is that this event was very recently conceived as a band aid and there was no time to make it an actual part of the game.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Devo posted:

The fact that they're doing repeats actually makes me think they'll drop a few of the cards that haven't been featured. I could very well be wrong though.
NTW, Zabu, Stegron, and Snowguard are not featured in any of the datamined caches so I could see those dropping to S3. Hit Monkey and Howard aren't showing up either, so those might be dropping to S4 before they're featured.
Again, I'm probably completely wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if Howard stays 5 just to gently caress with the series 5 pool.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Smiling Knight posted:

Load-bearing “theorized.”

Reminds me of how a bunch of people insisted modern warfare 22 had skill-based bullet damage and footstep audio and that's why they were losing

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

RIP Red.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I dunno how much of a difference it'll make but the survey in the app is pretty comprehensive,

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

canyonero posted:

Even if that's all true (he includes a spreadsheet if you want to double check his numbers), the system sure feels bad. I bought Legion because I have some tokens.

When people don't even want to open free lootboxes you know something went wrong.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

What is a good Sera deck? I've had her for a while but all the decks I've seen for her require cards I don't have. there has to be something out there that tier lynchpin isn't some card that was only available in the season pass 3 months ago.

On the off chance you have Surfer I've used this deck as my main with modifications here and there since his pass came out. It's gotten me a lot of sneaky 4 cube t6 wins but mostly I still have fun with it which is more important.

If not, going off s3 stuff, maybe a Sera Patriot build?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

New Leaf posted:

Going above and beyond on the Season Pass feels horrible sometimes. I just got 2 ranks for 50 whole credits and 10 Human Torch boosters. loving yay.

All 7 of mine so far have been credits, most of them 50.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

That's my favorite Scarlet Witch variant, but I suppose she's an easy pass if you don't like her effect.

Tom Smykowski posted:

Pixel modok is better

Nothing can beat that. It'd be an amazing hot sauce label.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

I got you, fam:

I was going to try and change "Buttchug" to "MODOK" but... :effort:

Thank you, I think about this episode every drat time I see the card.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I believe that's for Conquest but then again it might apply to ladder too.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Reek posted:

Yeah since a lot of decks are running magik with big late game plays leech has been back in the meta. It's super unfun to play against

Yeah. Leech replaced Scorpion as my least favorite card to see

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Opopanax posted:

Oh my god

They need a Hipp Fan Club motto

Hipp To Be Square

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Gold is available after 4 splits, Inked is 5.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It is the other way around

Oh. I have way more golds than inks so I guess I switched it around in my mind

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

Also Knull gets his 3rd Spotlight and Legion is MIA until at least December

And we get Loki in caches before Daken

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Hobgoblin/GG can help a lot too but yeah the retreat way is just quickest

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

uXs posted:

Anyway, that was all about spotlights while the topic was reserves I think. (I'm not opening mine. I've never regretted saving up reserves before, on the contrary, so I don't see why I shouldn't try it now.)

Yeah right now I'm at 80 collecter's and the idea of opening them all for like 15 Conquest tickets, a couple hundred tokens, some credits and a bunch of titles and avatars doesn't entice me.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

victorious posted:

I just opened two spitlights and got Hit Monkey, and the Dan Hipp Hit Monkey variant. Is that supposed to be able to happen? Does that mean that my first one was actually the random S4/5 card, and then I pulled the variant because I already owned Hit Monkey? I've never had that happen before. Surely the week's Spotlight cards would be removed from the random pull pool?

No, someone got Jeff and Hipp Jeff the same way last week

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I'm holding off on using Alioth because Lokii's prominent right now. Definitely hoping for Jean Grey next week.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

What's your deck list?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I definitely like the looks of it.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I ended up grabbing the pass just so I could get gold for that variant.

I planned on buying at the end of the month but oh well I guess I finally have an excuse to use this Quinjet.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Red posted:

Ohhhh, gently caress me.

Also, I like that the vault reopens on turn 7.

Me too!

Now if only Leech worked the same drat way.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Quetzadilla posted:

Don't sell short whatever location it is that grants you a 3-cost card (camp Lehigh?). At least if it was the 3rd location revealed you could play her but now you never will lmao.

At least there's some weird Zabu BC Ghost Rider combo for 12 on whatever location

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I liked him at 3/4. Felt good to have him and kingpin on the field at the same time