Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Jedit posted:

Korg, Agent 13, Iceman
Okoye, Armor/Collector (flex), Cable
Jubilee, Moon Girl
Devil Dinosaur
Hulk/Odin (flex), America Chavez, The Infinaut

Basic idea is to play a couple of cheap cards for presence and disruption, hopefully getting Moon Girl and Jubilee by turn 4. Moon Girl then fills your hand completely so you can't draw any more of your top end, and you play Jubilee on turn 5 and also turn 6 if you haven't drawn Infinaut or Devil Dino. Amy Chav is in the deck so Jubilee always has something to hit. The flex slots are a pair - either you want Armor and Hulk to lean more Jubilee, or Collector and Odin to play more as a Moonosaur.

Wouldn’t quicksilver and domino be good for this strategy or is that too greedy? It all but guarantees that your heavies are at the bottom, but then again I’m not good at math.

——

Any Sandman gamers? I completed my collection just before launch and have been having luck with this:

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Adam Warlock
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Armor
# (2) Baron Mordo
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Sandman
# (5) Ronan the Accuser
# (5) Aero
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9uYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyRG9vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWJvbnlNYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFkYW1XYXJsb2NrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQc3lsb2NrZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJhcm9uTW9yZG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhbmRtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Basically the plan is to rush out Sandman asap, win 2 lanes and then Aero into their winning lane, or get within 4 of their other lanes and win with Dr. Doom. I think Sandman doesn’t bloom until pool 3 but I think you could run Infinaut in this list and do okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
There’s a min/max way to do it (greys are 50% off) but in my experience it’s just best to dump all your credits every day upgrading cards you like. The more you upgrade, the faster you’ll finish your collection.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Jedit posted:

Quicksilver and Domino

Thanks for this. I didn’t take into account that it also makes Jubilee harder to draw. I’m not good at the math so I just had to rely on vibes.

And I co-sign the “biggest upgrade first” method. Personally when I make a deck I choose the lowest quality variant I want to use for each card and then upgrade as I play until I have a full infinite deck. The fully upgraded cards are really nice to look at.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I went from 60 to 97 in about 3.5 days of focused playing at the end of the season with this deck which I am calling Mr. Handman. I’m certainly going to hit infinite this season (I got to 91, stopped, then went from 91-97 in the last 2 hours of the season so I feel like I’m on to something).

It revolves around rushing Sandman out asap and then laying down big power (Maximus, Ebony Maw, Ronan) that your opponent likely can’t match. The dream curve is Psylocke on 2, Sandman on 3, Ronan on 5, Aero or Dr. Doom on 6.

Let’s talk specifics:

Sunspot is primarily there to soak up leftover energy, I almost never feed him deliberately unless he’s under Armor. He also works as a post Sandman play since he will soak up the floated energy.

Ebony Maw and Adam Warlock are a great turn 3 combo to grab some card draw. Usually I will try and leave one slot open for a Doombot. I routinely draw my entire deck when I get these two on board.

Psylocke is here primarily to get Sandman out on 3, which I’ve found to be pretty devastating to most other game plans. If I don’t have Sandman in hand on 2, I’ll usually play any other 2 drop.

Armor is here to protect Sunspot or Ronan, depending on what read you get from your opponent.

Baron Mordo, Maximus, and Ronan are a package that make up the “Hand” part of the strategy. I think you could substitute this with Devil Dinosaur and Moon Girl.

Sandman is the star of the show and you want him out on turn 3 or 4. You can usually snap the turn you play him if you’re in the lead.

Aero was my last card :argh: but is incredibly powerful in this deck. If you have priority and you both have have an empty spot in their winning lane, you’re 99% guaranteed to win no matter what your opponent does.

Dr. Doom is a no-brainer. He gets power into closed locations and when you can only play one card putting power in all three lanes is pretty good.

America Chavez is here for turn 6 consistency. If the game has gone well on turn 6 you should have Aero, Doom and Chavez available to address whatever the board state is.

I wasn’t able to build this until I finished my collection so let’s talk substitutions. The hand package can be fudged as I mentioned above. You can also consider running Lizard (once Sandman is out his drawback turns into a buff) instead of Mordo/Maximus. You can run Spectrum instead of Dr. Doom. Magneto can work as a substitute for Aero. I haven’t tested but I think The Infinaut would work as well.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Adam Warlock
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Armor
# (2) Baron Mordo
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Sandman
# (5) Ronan the Accuser
# (5) Aero
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9uYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyRG9vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVib255TWF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZGFtV2FybG9jayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHN5bG9ja2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJhcm9uTW9yZG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhbmRtYW4ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Scrap Dragon posted:

Is there a bigger self own card than Doc Ock? Everytime I've had it played against me it just wins the game for me

Play him on Negative Zone or Space Throne. It’s usually pretty good.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I always snap as tribute when Ego shows up.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

The Sean posted:

I barely have any interactions with other people in game but I had a really pleasant match just now emoting about if we're losing or not, double pointing spiderman for hobgoblin, and a fist bump at the end.

Online interaction is so much better than in the 00's when most of us thought microphones were a great development for interacting with other players.

We’re in a great spot to help shape the culture of this game. I pledge to only deploy the fist bump in earnest, never with salt.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I always use Deadpool as an “I hosed up” emote, like snap and play destroyer into Shang Chi.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
On the other hand, pointing Spider-Man is the best emote ever created for a mobile card game.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I just now had a game where my opponent’s Cosmo stopped his Shang Chi from killing my lane. We both simultaneously card reacted Cosmo after the game.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I bought the battle passes and the welcome bundle and completed my collection in about 5 months of dailies. If you spend money, get those first. I’m never going to buy gold, personally.

I enjoy deck building so the grind was fun for me - I enjoyed getting a card and trying to make it work, or doing a substitution for a meta deck where I’m missing some support cards. YMMV.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Joey Freshwater posted:

Any time I see a person using my avatar I do the spiderman point but haven't gotten one back yet :(

I use Korg exclusively until they add a ROCK avatar and I always greet anyone with the “Korg Fan Club” title. About 50% are poseurs apparently.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Xguard86 posted:

Also I'll be damned that snapping or retreating make lattering feel so much less painful. I feel just as good noping out of a bad endgame as I do when I win.

They should play the victory music when you escape.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Aero or Magneto into Warrior Falls is pretty good.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
ACAB includes the fun police, Armor players :mad:

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

WarEternal posted:

Sorry, I just wanna rank up with zoo in peace.

Yeah Killmonger is rough but do you guys always have to armor my Deadpool? I just want big number.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Studio posted:

How usable is Leech? He seems great for a meta that doesn't really exist at Early Pool 2. Turn 5 is just too important :ohdear:

A turn 4 Leech can be devastating if you can pull it off reliably, maybe with Psylocke or Electro precisely because turn 5 is so important.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I think people remember all the times she showed up late. She’s a really good combo enabler but she’s kinda like the opening act, you notice more when she’s missing.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
M’Baku: 2 power 1 energy: If this is not in your collection, jumps into your token shop :argh:

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Opopanax posted:

Am I missing any big brain plays or is M’Baku just a terrible card?

I can see him in lockjaw maybe? But yeah he seems like a worse Angel.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Fell from 79 to 63 yesterday but pulled Thanos this morning, someone tell me how to feel.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

AzureFlame posted:

Do you have other cards to help you play/pull the stones like Lockjaw or the Quinjet? I don't and playing Thanos is still a lot of fun! So fun I dropped from the mid sixties to 51 over the last two days. Excited to try it again when I get one of those cards eventually, it was rare to get to play all six stones + Thanos but using them as Carnage food or Kazaar army recruits feels satisfying to play

Yeah he’s very fun if not very good. I’ve been using Beast to bounce the stones. I think destruction is the way to go with Thanos, I kept getting blown out by killmonger.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Tender Bender posted:

Reefer Madness

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Shuri>Doc Ock>Zola is a pretty legit strat assuming you don’t pull Shang Chi.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Mind games work. A well deployed Deadpool emote has won me 8 cubes several times.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Ubersandwich posted:

*But sometimes you have mornings

I’ve had days like I was running an experiment to find the most mathematically useless order to draw my cards.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Snapping on turn 6 when you’re well ahead but don’t draw your payoff card is a great way to convince your opponent to retreat.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Tom Smykowski posted:

Who's good with Hela? Trying to retool my discard deck now that I have her

Nick Fury, if you can cheat him out. He can give you a backup Hela and some big cards to discard as fuel.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I’ve been having okay luck with Shuri into Hobgoblin into Galactus. Extremely obvious and loses to Odin unless you place Hobgoblin perfectly but it also allows you to pivot with Chavez on turn 6 if you need to.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I do think that the current card acquisition method is a pretty steep barrier to a competitive scene, unfortunately. I’m still interested in seeing what sort of format develops once battle mode is released.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I still think the best fix for Leader is to make him create plain copies instead of copying the buffs too.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Quackles posted:

I don't have Invisible Woman, but whenever she comes down, I drop Cosmo there ASAP.

I started running Invisible Woman in my Wong decks for this reason :v:

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
https://discord.com/invite/x8nVh8BjHB

There’s a community discord server that’s starting to organize battle mode tournaments if anyone is interested. They’re doing testing this week for different formats.

Edit: I’m not affiliated I just like esports.

Mushrooman fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 1, 2023

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
There’s always going to be a “worst result” from opening a cache. I just wish they mixed some Infinite Tickets (500g of value!) in as well.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Investing in Cosmo and Armor

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I always forget about Goose! Such a sleeper card.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Currently grinding medals with this deck, my PB is infinite 3 however so I might be on to something. I feel like Kang is secretly good in Conquest because he creates uncertainty. It’s like Mysterio, except your opponent has to decide if each snap is real or not. You can also bully your opponent with Daredevil too.

# (2) Carnage
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Wolverine
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Electro
# (3) Venom
# (4) Shuri
# (5) Kang
# (5) Nimrod
# (6) Knull
# (6) Galactus
# (6) Destroyer
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2xvYWsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWN0cm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNodXJpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaW1yb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktudWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXN0cm95ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2FuZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29sdmVyaW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYWxhY3R1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmVub20ifV19
#

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
My pet theory is that a lot of times he shows you that you’re going to lose, and people undervalue that. I play him on 6 usually, especially if it’s an 8 cube game. Snapping on Daredevil and after Kang had been good for me, I think because of the psychological effect of you seeing their play.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Related, since he’s Spider-Man adjacent: I’d like to see a Rhino buff where he ruins locations he moves to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I’ve been using him all day, he abducts a card from the lane you play him in and takes it with him when he moves. He can take face down cards. It’s cracked. I ruined a Hela Tribunal player’s day by stealing invisible woman on turn 5.