Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
So Angela doesn't work on Bar Sinister. Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

CapnAndy posted:

I seem to have plateaued; I can't bust rank 63 but I never fall any further down than 58. It's pretty frustrating.

Also, is anyone else as bugged as I am by Incredibly Off-Model Miles on the loading screen?

Wait, that's Miles? Morales? The _male_ black spiderman? Holy poo poo.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I got:

Sunspot
Killmonger
Sabretooth
Vulture
Sandman
Shang-Chi
Hoggoblin
Leech

as my pool 2 cards so far.

And I have Miles Morales. So what would a movement deck with that and Vulture look like?

Any other pool 1 decks that could be improved a bit with a few of my pool 2 cards?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
lmao I just Scarlett Witched a location into the TVA on turn 4 and instantly won the game

this game

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

stev posted:

Not but I've been stuck at 38 for over a week.

Same but 45-ish.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Jedit posted:

So far as we know, you enter Pool 2 for matchmaking when you open your first Pool 2 card.

You will still only match people with similar sized collections though.

So if you only have a few pool 2 cards, your opponents will too. Sure, they may have lucked into a perfect combination, but that would quickly increase their MMR and get them out of your range anyway.

On the other hand, if you wait until you can unlock a ton of cards at once, you'll be thrown into the deep end with people who already have experience with the pool N+1 cards and that won't be much fun either.

TL;DR: unless you have a very good reason not to (like you're on the verge of getting infinite for example), it's better to just keep progressing. Play, discover new cards at a decent pace, gain experience, and have fun.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

KungFu Grip posted:

really dont think that's how it should work.

wait until you see what happens when Iron Fist punches a Cloak

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Bucky Barnes + Carnage with Cloning Vats is just brutal. Drop Bucky three times, finish off with Carnage. Then play Bucky and Carnage again.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Lumbermouth posted:

I was riding high on Bucky+Carnage then my opponent dropped a turn 6 Shang-Chi on me and I ate poo poo.

Yeah you do need to calculate, especially if it has been snapped.

It does help to have your own Chang-Chi. And Killmonger.

Finally got platinum.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Quackles posted:

There is not. I can confirm.

It depends on how populated the player pool is at the time.

Yeah it would make sense that since there are probably a lot more players at the pool 1-2 border than the 2-3 border, there would be less crossover on the former and more on the latter.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Victor Vermis posted:

Infinaut is really good at being in your hand with Jubilee,

Getting KtfO'd by Shang-Chi,

and getting duplicated by Leader.

Nova + Infinaut and 10 other cards in between. It will probably help if you can keep the opponent guessing where you'll play the Infinaut to avoid Shang-Chi. (Or if you don't have priority Shang-Chi can't get him anyway.)

mirror123 posted:

Playing armor into nova bucky has gotten me so many retreats and is also teaching me what not to do when playing destroy decks.

Playing different decks is a great way to learn the game. You learn how to play your decks and how other decks are played.

priznat posted:

God I have hit a wall at 40 and just keep getting defeated and feel like a huge idiot. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

Are you retreating enough? If you don't think you'll win, retreat.

On the other hand, snap when you think you have a good chance to win, and _before_ you play your swing cards. And if it doesn't work, retreat anyway.

Finally, snapping on the last turn is mostly a waste I think. It makes it easier for a beaten opponent to retreat, losing you a cube instead of gaining the 3 you wanted.

The snap/retreat game is probably more important in getting cubes than winning a few more games.

That said, for gameplay: at the last turn, think about what the opponent will most likely do and play around it. I've won quite a bit of games by playing at the non-obvious location and getting just enough points to edge out a win.

Lugaloco posted:

Game's really enjoyable, I'm 9 cards into Pool 2 with one week of playing. Decided to buy the Welcome Pack and the Season Pass, 33 hours of playtime as of posting seems well worth the £11 or so I put down.

I managed to also fully accomplish all my goals before the season ends, namely A) Finish the Season Pass, B) Fully upgrade a card and C) Get into Platinum rank.

I've found the most effective way to rank is to build a deck around whatever the hot zone/new featured zone is and just exploit those who are not. That's how I went from struggling to get past Rank 39-42 to squeaking into Rank 51 this morning before it all resets.

Making a deck that exploits the hot location is a good idea, but swapping in a location-hate card in your normal deck is great as well. I made a Bucky-Carnage deck for the Cloning Vats and anybody who had Armor totally shut that down.

Just don't ignore the location.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

No Wave posted:

I've lost to moon girl enough that I run enchantress now. But my issue with the card is that a.) you only draw her on or before turn 4 7/12s of the time, b.) if you draw her you want your hand to be 4 or fewer cards at start of turn 4 to actually copy dino, c.) if you don't draw her you want card gen so that your dino is still big. I'm not sure what the correct approach for how you want to build is. (I skip MG for this reason, plus even the highroll of MG+Dino+Dino is so heavily teched against it feels scary to play)

T4 Moon Girl, T5 Dino, then smaller cards at T6 to exploit people who think you're going to play another Dino?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Coldbird posted:

Okay maybe it’s because I am bad and stuck in the mid-30s matchmaking ranks… but is it me or do movement decks always seem to backfire spectacularly?

I’ve seen any number of them attempted but maybe once has the guy not shot himself in the dick

I had some fun with one, but at some point it seemed to stop working. Currently waiting until I get Cloak to try it again.

I'd advise everyone to at least try one sometimes. If nothing else, it will give you an idea what to expect when you come up against one. Or what exactly the effect of a Heimdall will be if your deck gets swapped with your opponent's.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've seen a lot of people playing Lizard lately and I don't understand why. It's not like he's powerful on his own but that debuff makes him near useless. Is there something I'm missing?

2/5 are good stats. You could eat him with Venom. Or copy his stats with another that then doesn't have the drawback. Or disable his ongoing with Enchantress. Or play him at the end when you can be sure that your opponent won't fill the lane.

There's probably more.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's fair. In most cases I've seen people play him pretty early in the rounds. Even saw one guy play him where I already had 4 cards down lol

Could still be a good play if it's literally the only thing he has and the extra 2 puts him over your total. Or if he can kill one of your cards on the last turn. Or if he can use Magneto to move them out of the way.

Or it could be bad, sure, why not.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Jedit posted:

Variants that produce tokens do not as yet produce variant tokens, although the tokens will share all the effects on the split. It's been discussed, particularly with regard to Mysterio.

Regarding Pool 3, I have heard that the matchmaking no longer accounts for the divide. Still, I'd probably hang on until I was near the credit cap then storm up 100+ levels at once.

Just play the game and open packs you nerds. Stop trying to min/max yourself out of having fun.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I removed Heimdall and Multiple Man from my movement deck and I don't immediately dislike it. (Iron Fist too.)

uXs fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 10, 2022

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Opopanax posted:

So you have a movement deck that doesn't move?

Still has Nightcrawler, Kraven, Cloak, Doctor Strange, Vulture, Miles, and Vision.

Stuff still moves around, but it doesn't rely on the big Heimdall move in the end. It's a bit freeing actually.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Oh poo poo, just realized I have all the pool 2 cards!

I'm out of the kiddie pool now you guys. (I've already been running into the occasional deck that used pool 3 cards. Didn't count but can't have been more than 1 card per deck.)

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Jedit posted:

Hulkbuster does that with everything. Movement decks love to play Iron Fist into Hulkbuster on Multiple Man. Another strong combo is Hulkbuster on Deadpool in a copying location.

Iron Fist, play Cloak in empty location. If you had Kraven you can now move him + 3 cards to that empty location.

edit:

Played someone who put Nova and Bucky Barnes in Wakanda.

Wakanda, in case you forgot, doesn't allow you to destroy cards. I thought they were going to play something like Storm or whatever to change the location and then destroy them, but no: the next 2 cards there were Agent13 and Carnage.

(I still lost.)

uXs fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Nov 10, 2022

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

BoldFace posted:

One thing to note about pool 3 is that the collection level rewards will improve in a future update. Currently, Collector Caches have 20% chance of dropping boosters which, frankly, are worthless. They will be replaced with Collector Tokens which can be used to buy new cards from the shop. It might be better to hoard your credits now close to the 5k cap and only advance your CL after the update happens.

I decided to not give a poo poo about min/maxing my fun and I'm just upgrading whatever and getting cards when I can.

First pool 3 cards I got:
* Debrii
* Black Cat
* Daredevil
* Electro

I don't think I can do much with Debrii until I get Patriot at least, or with Electro until I get Zero (but I'm open to suggestions for pool 2 decks + those cards), and Black Cat seems unplayable (but same), but Daredevil seems like a top tier pull.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Tender Bender posted:

Been trying out a Control-y deck and having fun

# (1) Nova
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (3) Groot
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3Jvb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The idea is to shut down a zone or two and dictate the pace of the game. Storm is versatile and pressures them to commit to a zone. Lizard works well with Shuri's lab or as a T2 setup to Storm. The Guardians are there because you're making situations where you likely know where the opponent will be playing; Storm into a Guardian or Jessica can be strong. The dream is Storm t4 into Professor X t5 while they're responding to Storm, into Gamora t6 in the last open lane.

Nova/Carnage/Killmonger are there because the Deck was coming together low on one drops so I decided to go all-in so Killmonger could clear out Zoo decks. Popping nova can boost your closed off lanes. Hobgoblin is just fun, but Klaw probably fits the deck better tbh.

This deck is pretty amazing, it's getting me unstuck. Thanks!

Had a funny situation too when we both X'd unto the 3rd lane which was still hidden and it turned out to be the Sanctum Sanctorum.

Nikumatic posted:

Debrii is definitely a solid add to standard Kazoo decks if you enjoy playing them/can avoid Killmonger saying goodbye to your little friends, since she's a more solid body than Squirrel Girl and throws in some clog-your-opponent lanes fun too.

I don't usually like Kazoo but I should probably try playing them anyway, so I'm going to have a go, thnx!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

buffalo all day posted:

KaZoo melts pool 2 midranks, just add Shang Chi. Basically:

Angela
bishop
Kazar
Shang chi
Blue Marvel
7 1 drops, use ice man, rocket raccoon, etc.

Only play 1 drops on t6 unless absolutely necessary. Fold if you’re missing 3 or more of the non one drops.

Source: guy owning 4 pool 3 cards who just played this list from 50-65 over the last 24 hours

Wow this can be pretty nasty.

For one-drops I used:

* Ant-man
* Elektra
* Squirrel Girl
* Iron Fist
* Nightcrawler
* Rocket Raccoon
* Blade

Basically cards that can have useful side-effects on turn 6, that's why didn't use Iceman for example. Same for Korg, Mantis, and Hawkeye.

Iron Fist can be used to get into otherwise locked off locations, but only if that location isn't on the right. So I also got Nightcrawler, although he does need to be played before turn 6 for that.

Blade is a 1/3 and his 'drawback' (for this deck anyway) is irrelevant if played on turn 6.

Nikumatic posted:

what i'm saying is that marvel snap is a JUST HOW STUPID IS THIS GUY simulator

this guy usually ends up being me

I do occasionally wonder why ranking up is so difficult when I still run into people who don't retreat if they literally can't play any cards and they're guaranteed to lose.

uXs fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 12, 2022

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

buffalo all day posted:

Yep it’s exactly this list except I run iceman instead of iron fist, but, iron fist is an interesting one that I haven’t tried since usually nightcrawler and the squirrel can get you into dead locations. You end up needing to play a 1 drop early every now and then and iceman gets you a positive effect so if he gets killmongered it’s not a big loss.

Only played like 5 games but it seems crazy good. You don't play anything on the first two turns except Angela if you have her, then maybe Bishop on turn 3. Opponent thinks you have nothing and snaps, and probably thinks you're crazy when you counter-snap.

Then come the Kazar on 4 and Blue Marvel on 5, followed by flooding your board on 6.

I always made the mistake of playing my 1-drops when I got them, but the key definitely is to hold them until you play everything at once on 6.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Serperoth posted:

I am running this exact build, and I have lost a single game all day, 2 cubes, and that was due to a misplay (played Rocket Ruckcoon on a lane opponent had filled up). Wakandan Embassy tends to give a good bunch of power too, but between Elektra sniping a Maw or Sunspot, Bishop going in the double digits, and Squirrel Girl/Iron Fist letting me get some more points in a flooded location, it's giving me a lot of confidence, rather than "Oh I hope I draw XYZ last turn".

My highlights have been an opponent playing Hobgoblin into their own Cosmo, and someone giving me a cube turn four after I killed their Sunspot on Asgard.

It's getting harder as you go up though.

I've been wondering if Shang-Chi should be replaced by something. Because you want to play all your small cards on 6, and you really want to play Kazar and Blue Marvel on 4 and 5, most of the time Shang-Chi is just taking up space and I'd rather have a 1-drop in hand that I can actually play on 6.

So I just removed him and added Iceman and I think it's better. There's just not enough instances where playing Shang-Chi + 2 small cards on 6 wins the game.

However, since the biggest problem is getting Kazar and Blue Marvel on time, I wonder if, instead of the Iceman, another 4 (or 5) cost card could be added that could combine with either Kazar or Blue Marvel. Any ideas?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

No Wave posted:

Curve is very archetype dependent and even pool dependent. Pool 1 goodstuff should run 4 or 5 1 costs because there isnt punishment for spamming them and two 1 drops are much better than one 2 cost. Pool 2 goodstuff is all devil dino which makes you not want to dump your hand and killmonger is there to punish lots of 1 drops anyways. Beyond pool 2 decks run specific strategies and your deck's composition will generally be determined by factors other than the optimal curve out.

Just got into Diamond (=rank 60) playing Kazoo. I think 90% of my games are either retreat or snap (me and/or my opponent), only very rarely do I go to the last turn with no snapping. I either have Kazaar+BM and I'm pretty sure I'm winning (except if they play Moon Girl on 4 and snap, that's an instant retreat), or I don't and I'm pretty sure I'm losing. There's very, very little in between.

And yeah, if I have to put 1-cost cards out before the final turn, they get Killmongered. But if that happens or I get snapped on, I just retreat, it's not worth the risk.

I wish there was some kind of non-rank area where I could try new decks. The Infinity-rank overlords can test weird poo poo out all they want because 100 is a floor they can't go below, but the plebs is sort of forced to only play tried and trusted decks if they don't want to lose rank. And I want that card back dammit.

On the plus side, got a new pool 3 card: Wave. That makes the current pool 3 list:

Black Cat
Daredevil
Debrii
Electro
Jane Foster The Mighty Thor
Mojo
Ultron
Wave
Wong

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

buffalo all day posted:

Nice! So far I have

Wong
Agatha
Kingpin
Wasp
Psylocke
Aero

I know wong is good but i dont love him honestly, he comes out t4 and it's so obvious what you're doing that you rarely get to pull off the combo. The rest I'm really struggling with, feel like they're niche cards at best.

Yeah, Wong is obvious. Unless you play somewhere else. There's a pretty obvious drawback to that though. (Same with Jessica Jones, you would have to be crazy to just play another card on top of her. Except that sometimes wins you the game.)

Agatha yeah, she's niche incarnated.

Kingpin works well with Magneto, and Aero for that matter.

Wasp needs Lockjaw.

Psylocke seems great for decks that can use that extra energy.

And apparently Aero is currently the best card in the game. Probably needs other stuff though, I don't have her so I haven't looked into decks for her yet.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Jedit posted:

It's less bad than it sounds. Even as F2P if you just do your dailies you get an average 5100 credits a week, which is good for over 100 levels. And that's excluding the free Season Pass benefits and credit/gold rewards from boxes when you whiff on a card. Typically you should be getting a card every day from CL500 to 1000 and every other day after that. For perspective: I bought Season Passes 2 to 5, but with that as my only spend I got 90% of Pool 3 in less than 3 months.

Apparently it takes about 5 months for a F2P player to get a full collection. If you spend a modest amount, i.e. the welcome package and season passes, that goes down a few weeks, and if you spend the maximum you can (a thousand bucks+), it's a bit more than a month.

You also have to play a lot of Snap during this time to get all the boosters you need, so there's no way at all to get a full collection with just money.

Source, this Jeff Hoogland video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY-Kbf1gzfs

That sounds fairly reasonable I think. Sure, it takes some time to get all the cards, but if you're in it for the long haul, 5 months isn't that long at all.

I'm just wondering how they will adjust once they start introducing newer cards at a higher tempo. Eventually they'll switch to about 1 per week and they'll need to find a way for newer players to catch up in a reasonable time without breaking the bank.

Pretty hard to balance something like this. Nobody wants P2W, but that's kind of the nature of card games, and the second you gate progress behind something else (i.e. time), everybody starts crying that they want to be able to pay to bypass it.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Serperoth posted:

Got absolutely blown out earlier today by a big brain play. I'm playing my usual Ka-Zar thing, Bishop etc, until T6 where we've both snapped. We play our cards, opponent plays something and Sunspot, I dump the ones, and am narrowly winning middle... Until Sunspot eats the leftover energy and I lose 2-1. Not even mad, respect to that person.

Up 6 cubes overall today so far, not much. Luck's played a bit of a role, so overall not too terrible, just gotta learn. Deck's still going strong, and my booster luck has changed, got Angela up from common to split finally, and been getting Elektra boosters regularly.

Elektra is the MVP for strategically killing things like Sunspot and Ant-Man. Or a big Rocket Raccoon. Obviously no guarantee if they play it on 6, but even then you're 50/50 on getting him.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Opopanax posted:

Emma is less about having the card yourself and more about knowing what your opponent has in their hand

By turn 4 you should already have a pretty good idea what they have, so the information value of this is quite low.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Mierenneuker posted:

I learned today she can pull the 0 cost card earned from filling up The Raft. A free Hulk to drop on the final turn? Oh, you shouldn't have!

I hate the Raft, it absolutely fucks my Kazoo deck that would prefer not to even have 4 cards out on turn 5. The locations with card draw though, those are the best. Or Bar Sinister when I can put Blue Marvel on it.

Just checked the stats on the no-Shang-Chi version of the deck and it's 40/60 wins/losses, but with 92 net cubes. So it generally loses small (I just retreat when I don't have it, unless it's marginal and nobody snapped), but wins big.

The version with Shang-Chi actually has better stats, but I have to wonder if that's because that was about 20 ranks lower.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Xguard86 posted:

Edit: pixel cards suck but an all pixel deck would be art.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Duck and Cover posted:

Well alternatively you could have paid by playing a ton and got like 70% (this guess could be way off). Lol. Well Arena was an option but I didn't like Arena.

Just a quick check and a full collection of a Hearthstone expansion is about 300 to 350 bucks. There's 3 expansions per year.

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/how-much-does-a-full-hearthstone-expansion-cost-in-your-time-or-money/

I thought it would be more honestly.

According to that article, it's also physically impossible to have a complete collection with F2P. You'd have to play literally every waking hour and even then you'd be 80 bucks short.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

AloePieceOfShit posted:

Do y'all know if the pool 2 unlocks are predetermined? I got Killmonger followed by Shang-Chi as my first unlocks, and was wondering if it wasn't coincidental.

As far as we know it's completely random.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Kazoo vs Dino deck. Last location: Mindscape.

I play very little, just an Angela and then an Iceman because I had too many cards in hand.

Opponent plays Moon Girl on 4 and snaps. (Is there a reason to snap _after_ you've played Moon Girl? Shouldn't you snap before? Anyway.)

Turn 5, they play Dino (with 15 power or something), I play all my 1-drops leaving just Ka-Zar and Blue Marvel, the latter of which gets discarded by Blade.

Turn 6 they receive my 1 card making their Dino tiny while I get their full hand including a Dino.

They retreat, I laugh my rear end off, not necessarily in that order.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
My Ka-Zoo deck seems to have run out of steam, currently hovering around/clinging to rank 65. Or maybe I have run out of steam, I dunno.

Seems like there's always something loving with it, either locations or a dumb Iceman hitting my Blue Marvel. And when there's a good location, it seems to benefit my opponent harder than it does me.

Bright side, I did pull Arnim Zola, making this my pool 3 card collection:

2: Daredevil, Mojo, Quake
3: Black Cat, Debrii, Electro, Wave
4: Ghost Rider, Wong
5: Jane Foster
6: Arnim Zola, Giganto, Magneto, Ultron

Maybe it's time to try some other decks with one or more of these fancy pool 3 cards.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Squiggly posted:

Literal 50/50s seem like they should be both players hitting retreat later

This isn't right.

Say it's turn 6, both of you have snapped, so it's 4 now and 8 if you both stay in.

On a 50/50, and you both stay in, you would on average win half the time, and lose half the time. So you either win 8 or lose 8, and in the long run you would break even.

If you hit retreat, you lose 4 each time.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Hobgoblin in hand, The Peak gets revealed, suddenly I have a 0/5 in hand that will jump to the opponent's side if I play it. (It would be interesting if it changed to -8/5 but ok.)

The last turn my opponent can't win if he doesn't play something in a lane that already has 3 cards for him. So I play the Hobgoblin there, hoping he doesn't realize that if he just passes, I will just give him the win. He moves his Nightcrawler into it, I win.

Other game we both play Hobgoblin in the same lane, luckily he reveals first making the space for mine, I still win.

Weird Hobgoblin shenanigans, you gotta love them.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

buffalo all day posted:

gotta get him into my deck somehow, sounds cool as hell

I have him in this deck:

# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Armor
# (3) Storm
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9iZ29ibGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

buffalo all day posted:

Gah I need daredevil!!!

I've only played it for a handful of games, but it seems to cause more opponent retreats than any other deck I've played so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Getting whatever location where you get dealt cards from your opponent's deck, then beating them with their own deck, is pretty satisfying.

Weirdworld.

The combination with Lechuguilla, where you get 3 rocks in your deck when you play there, is quite interesting, because Weirdworld doesn't say you switch decks, merely that opponents draw from yours.

edit:

Other location abuse: Mindscape, where you swap hands before turn 6. Normally with the Kazoo deck, you only play your 1-costs on turn 6. But with Mindscape, you just play them all on 5, and if you're lucky you had Blade which discards Blue Marvel too. Opponents gets an empty hand, you get all their poo poo.

edit 2:

I've been thinking to add Quake to my deck. Locations have a pretty large influence on the game, and people are already packing cards to mitigate bad locations for their decks. So I wonder how effective Quake would be.

uXs fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 17, 2022