Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People who YELL LIKE INSANE FUCKS when they sneeze. You are human. You can control yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Powered Descent posted:

When people leave out a necessary "to be" from a sentence, as in: "The car needs washed."

I've never encountered this before. Are you from a southern state?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Worf posted:

Cereal with water instead of milk even if they have milk

Is this actually a thing some humans do outside of making low effort youtube videos?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Some people pronounce "picture" as "pitcher" and not even because of a speech impediment

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People who are emotionally moved by K-dramas despite the fact that they all reuse one of the same three lovely storylines

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I've yet to meet a fellow American who uses the term "bollocks" as part of their regular vocabulary but for some reason I know it's going to happen some day and I'm not sure how I'll react

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Imagine doing dirty talk with that pattern. "Oh yeah baby, my clit needs rubbed. My rear end begs ate."

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

drinking beer from a can.
i will absolutely judge you for that regardless of anything else.

bonus minus points if youre a woman.

You really seem to hate the poo poo out of women

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Sheen Sheen posted:

Now I’m curious

Someone in this thread who isn’t me please say “my rear end needs ate” to your partner next time you’re having sex and report back with said partner’s response

Just tried it. Should have been more specific. Ended up with 7 more dildos in me than I bargained for.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
"Mouth-feel"

"Preggers"

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Worf posted:

i have a decade+ old mandalorian tattoo

i was at the grocery store one day as a customer and noticed some carts askew

there was another person there as well doing the same thing- also with a mandalorian tattoo

What was the same thing that you were both doing? Noticing askew carts?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

pablo gbscobar posted:

If I saw this irl I'd probably assume it was some white power poo poo and judge you for it accordingly

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Shithouse Dave posted:

Meandering down the highway in the passing lane doing 5 under, not passing anybody.
E: especially when there’s no cars in the non-passing lane

Even better: there's a car in the lane next to them going the exact same speed

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
When a coworker DMs me in Slack with "Hi [Devils Affricate]!" and then refuses to say anything else until I say Hi back. Bitch we are working, not making friends. Just loving tell me what you need to tell me.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Nuts and Gum posted:

It’s such a widespread annoyance there is an entire ‘movement’ if you will in the tech industry to not do that poo poo at work

https://nohello.club/

Oh my god I'm not alone. Thanks for the link!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol. cool. never seen that before but i literally don't respond to "hi" or related pleasantries at all on my interoffice teams chat and idgaf. it works, people stopped doing it long ago

Yeah at this point I just don't respond. Most people seem to get the picture after waiting for a day or two. There was one very special individual who gave me 4 "Hello!"s in a row spaced 24 hours apart before just giving up forever, though.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I don't get angry at my mom for just wanting to talk to me, but she absolutely loves to do the whole switcheroo where she texts me something like "we need 2 talk. IMPORTANT FAMILY ISSUES!!" then when I call her up she spends 20 minutes telling me about how her friend Sharon's daughter had a birthday party but the cake was wrong but it was still an okay party and also I should get in touch with Sharon's neighbor's cousin who is about my age and also knows things about computers so we'd probably become best friends.

The worst part is that there usually actually is some important bit of information that she needs to tell me, she's just holding it hostage to keep me on the line to tell me about a bunch of people I'll never meet.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
All this time I thought manslamming meant something very different

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Private Cumshoe posted:

people who pronounce harassment like it has two Rs

sexual HAIR-ESS-MENT

gently caress off ugh you're almost saying loving hairy assment christ learn to R

I honestly can't tell if you're complaining about the American or British pronunciation. Both pronounce the R only once, though in different ways. Can you describe your grievance with IPA?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Oldstench posted:

People who say "let's go!!!" when they get excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKaYp7QjeM

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Private Cumshoe posted:

No!

But also I think I described it wrong it's more that emphasis is put on the first syllable of harassment that sucks as opposed to stressing the second syllable.

So you just hate the traditional British pronunciation of it for some reason?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Speaking of utensils, people who can't wrap their heads around how to use chopsticks

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

People who do the Pittsburgh Left.

Actually, it's less the first person doing it and more the 2 other cars behind glued to their bumpers also forcing their way into the intersection to make the turn before oncoming traffic t-bones them

e: to specify, nobody actually does the hand signals in the graphic they just loving floor it into the intersection, so your options are either "go straight as is my right, and hope this idiot doesn't turn into me" or "wait until one of the turning cars decides it's not worth the risk"

I'll do this if the jackass in the oncoming lane is sitting there staring at their phone when the light turns green and the people behind them are too timid to honk, but otherwise what the gently caress?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

Look, if you're focused on making sure you maintain lane when there's a concrete wall to your left or right and traffic all around you, I'm gonna give you a pass if you don't manually flip your signal off, I'm just glad you used it.

If you want to get all ragey about it that's your problem but maybe you should talk to someone.

You just said that people who manually disengage their signal when they don't need it shouldn't be driving. Now you're saying that you'll tolerate people who don't do that. :confused:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
*sees someone leave their turn signal on too long*

"Well that's dumb and pointless"

:siren::siren::siren: RAGE POLICE, STEP OUT OF THE VEHICLE NOW :siren::siren::siren:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I would work for the CHP for free if they let me pull over people cruising in the passing lane just to tell them to knock it off

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

:kingsley:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People who refuse to use self checkout even though they aren't buying anything age-restricted. I have to use the standard checkout lines because I'm buying alcohol, but these motherfuckers are just clogging it up for the hell of it.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If you think automation is a bad thing, I'd like to know your opinion on the following technologies that also replaced direct human labor:
-tractors
-looms
-calculators
-engines
-printers/printing presses

Did these lead to fewer people being paid? Should they be abolished?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

the funny thing about supermarket self-checkouts is, most of the places around me have realized that they need to keep 2 or 3 people full-time just hanging around them because of how fucky they are, so really what even is the point

The machines work fine for the most part, it's just that there are a lot of people who are too dumb to use them, which is also something that I absolutely judge people for

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People whose cars are perpetually full of trash

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Powered Descent posted:

When people use the word "anymore" in a sentence that does not contain a negation.

"This show isn't very good anymore" <-- Perfectly fine.
"This show is terrible anymore" <-- Wrong and bad

You don't even need an absolute "not"; a partial negation like a "rarely" or a "hardly ever" is enough. But people using "anymore" in a way that doesn't relate to what isn't happening any longer is infuriating somehow.

I've never encountered a native English speaker who does this. If I heard someone talking like this, I'd assume they have some kind of learning disability.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

humpthewind posted:

I feel like you have this backwards. Omitting the "to be" sounds wrong to me.

Red Fructidor posted:

No, I absolutely agree with you

I regret to inform the both of you that your brains don't work

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Extra row of tits posted:

Nobody is telling on themselves.

The post is “I judge people that pretend they don’t know about the most common feature of a pop culture reference while talking knowledgeably about that reference”.

Example: “ What was that variation the sperg guy :spergin: in The Big Bang Theory invented again? I forget... like Rock Lizard Spock or something, anyway it was sooo funny, Bazinga!”

I think you're confused

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Icochet posted:

People who are mad about people not using self-checkout registers are the saddest little bitches on this planet

Agreed

Except the opposite!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

cutting through parking lot spaces to avoid the speed bumps

You're an absolute fool, a clown pretending, fruitlessly, to be a normal member of society, if you ever even think about not doing this

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

There is a use case for this though,
Fake quotes; "Trump say's, "CNN is showing it's bias""
Fictional newspaper is showcasing it's penchant bias against group x yet again

I think that is where they are getting confused.

I don't think the person you're replying to was suggesting that "bias" itself isn't a word.

Also, watch those apostrophes, cowboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People who move so slowly on the onramp that I have to zip around them. Beep beep, grandpa.