Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I can hear the salivation of the upcoming cross examination. All this fluffing is going to get torn apart in cross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
He's been burned by exactly this effort to fluff his own dick and brag about his audience size in the past, and his lawyer is leading him in to the same rake again voluntarily. What the gently caress?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
"Do you rely on anyone else while making your show?"

"Yes I rely on my staff"

Why do I hear the sound of a bus backing up?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I will be at work tomorrow during the really fun stuff. If I don't catch it live can I get a replay somewhere? I want to see the even more insane poo poo hit the even faster moving fan when Jones gets cross examined. Live tweeting and highlights afterwards just aren't enough for me any more I want the real stuff, uncut and pure.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Fully expecting today to be bat poo poo crazy.

Also fully aware I'll be surprised by the crazy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
"I motion for a bad court thingy!"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mojo1701a posted:

"Juror #1: what's new, pussycat?
Juror #2: what's new, pussycat?
Juror #3: what's new, pussycat?
Juror #4 what's new, pussycat?
Juror #5: what's new, pussycat?
Juror #6: what's new, pussycat?
Juror #7: what's new, pussycat?
Juror #8: It's not unusual.
Juror #9: what's new, pussycat?"

GOD DAMMIT!

That's a good bit.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Has anybody asked or answered why those records were collected in the first place? I don't see why Jones' lawyers had them at all and given past performance I'm inclined to believe the worst possible interpretation by default.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

BigHead posted:

When a plaintiff alleges injuries of a medical or emotional nature, then their medical and emotional states become relevant. The plaintiff himself or herself is putting their own medical records into play, so a judge is almost always going to order the plaintiff to turn over those historical medical records. The defendant usually does not want to even be there, so it's not their fault that the plaintiff puts that kind of thing into play.

If I allege that your actions caused me emotional distress, whether or not I have a history of being diagnosed with mental illnesses is super relevant to both whether I was injured and the extent of the injury caused by you. If I allege the car accident caused me a back injury, then whether or not I have a medical history of other back injuries is super relevant. The defendant can look and see if I have a history of other back injuries.

Like it hate it, that's the general rule.

That's significantly less evil than I expected. Makes sense though and yeah I get it. Now I guess we wait for someone to get nailed to the wall for not keeping that locked down like they should have which, given the last few posts above this, sounds like a fleet of busses are backing up to see who gets thrown under what and when.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's been a hot minute since I was an EMT getting lessons on HIPAA but from memory that sounds exactly like a for-reals HIPAA violation. Not the stupid CHUD anti-mask wallet card dumb poo poo going around. My recollection is "If you are in a position to receive, store, or handle third-party personally identifiable information, this poo poo's on you to secure and not discuss. Don't gently caress it up or here's X, Y and Z."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What is supposed to be representing the new world order, a previously unknown species of grape-headed humanoids?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
A true believer I guess. Bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works for him.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Not to sound all negative Nancy on this but exactly what enforcement mechanisms are there to ensure they actually get all that financial information? What actually *makes* that happen? Like, forcefully, to guarantee it? We've seen over and over that these poo poo heads are constantly rewarded for just saying no to any enforcement they don't like, so what's the mechanism here and how will that mechanism react when it gets told to gently caress off?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Froghammer posted:

The Connecticut Lawsuit apparently starts this Monday, September 13th. Not sure if it'll be livestreamed like the others.

Get your popcorn ready.

I hope it is streamed. If we can't get any justice out of this lovely Hellworld at least give us good content. Bread and circuses don't work if there's no bread or circuses

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

My body is ready, though my supply of chili bowls may run low. Is the insanity going to be streamed? I want to see that pasty red-faced fucker squirm.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Super looking forward to this. Does it have the same thing as the last one where you watch it live or not at all? That kinda sucked. Some of us have jobs

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

This trial is expected to last a month. Jones will testify at some point, but he probably won't be there except for that.

He'll be there in spirit, telling his lawyer to do whatever the dumbest poo poo imaginable is.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

OneMoreTime posted:

What is up with Jones' lawyers invoking the holocaust poem

Fascists delight in playing with language. Turning themselves in to the victims of their victims is just what they do.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is the link to watch in the OP? First video at the top is a dead link. Back from work and I would like to watch.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry if this is a dumb and obvious question, but why are they hammering the Google Analytics so hard? Is it just to prove that FSS didn't participate in discovery?

To prove Alex Jones knew his lies were making him more money because he followed that data and doubled down on this specific coverage to make more money.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I imagine it's the same playbook it's always been. Kick up a stink, drag poo poo out forever, lie about everything, then DARVO (Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender for those who haven't dealt with domestic abuse) until the cows come home.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Froghammer posted:

A week ago on his show Alex mentioned off-hand that he'll be testifying "next week", so it stands to reason we'll see an Alex on the stand soon.

Over / under on contempt of court?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Agents are GO! posted:

This hummus vs your finest Nutella.

What kind of hummus are we talking here? If it's roasted red pepper you might be in the runnings.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I do think it's important to keep in mind that whatever level of restriction in loving around would apply to a normal person, Alex Jones is not normal and will do whatever he can get away with. Unless something is forcibly prevented from happening don't expect it to be stopped.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

A Good Username posted:

We can all look forward to the moment Alex puts two and two together.

Don't hold your breath on waiting for that or anything. In this situation two and two would equal "gently caress you (((globalist)))".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mojo1701a posted:

Might also be why the Texas lawyers instead just kept sanctioning him. Easier to get money out of him than silence.

We've clearly seen the limits of that strategy. Until it's enough money to cost him more than the dick pills he can shill by screaming louder about his persecution it'll never stop.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

happyhippy posted:

If the Judge did take action on everything Jones said, she would become the center of the story and not Jones.
When you have already lost the case, you want to either drag it out as long as possible or be as convulated twisting poo poo about in the majorly slim hope of getting a mistrial or vastly reduced charges.
If she slammed him in jail for a day for not shutting up, you would have every right wing media outlet posting how the law is breaking Jones' first amendment, they wouldn't do it to a left wing journalist, its the worst thing in the world, hunter biden helped with his laptop etc.
They are already smearing her as best they can, if she gives them any more ammo it could take over from what it should be about, Jones being a massive pile of poo poo.
Which the world is seeing everytime he opens his mount thinking it will help himself.

Afterwards, when the piss baby is blaming everyone but himself while hocking marked up snake oils to chuds to cover the costs, they will have nothing apart from photoshopped images and not actual court clips to frame the narrative.

Is this not an explicit endorsement of the two tiered system of justice we have? Nobody south of 7 figures net worth is going to get this kind of treatment. They'll get told to shut the gently caress up, gently caress the gently caress off and get their balls nailed to the wall with every piece of the book Jones isn't getting right now because of who he is and what he can do, and then lose on top of it like he is hopefully going to as well.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Froghammer posted:

I'm trying to juxtapose today's testimony with Alex on the stand last week saying he's done apologizing and accusing Mattei of a Maoist shakedown.

The jury must be exhausted.

I hope they're exhausted enough to slam the "gently caress You Alex Jones" button hard enough for him to actually feel the loss. He's never going to stop until he is forced to. Take his money away, it's the only thing he will understand. Everything else to him is just Sartre's antisemites playing with words.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Scam Likely posted:

I wish big pharma lawsuits were as proportional to the harm/profit as this case was. This feels like progress.

Big pharma doesn't have an ego it needs to feed to slake it's narcissism. Corporate lawyers will easily and (relative to profits) cheaply lie the right lies to a court, and pharma companies will absolutely play along to keep the bottom line fat and happy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Facebook Aunt posted:

Debtor's prisons are pretty scarce these days.

*Some restrictions may apply, offer not valid in the state of poverty.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Fell Mood posted:

This has been one of the most frustrating things about not only Alex Jones, but the entire Trump era as well. I thought lying to a court and/or Congress was supposed to be a crime, but we hardly ever prosecute for it. Same for contempt. Like I get it's a high bar to prove someone intentionally lied and isn't just forgetful or an idiot but come on.

Well, that stuff is a crime for you and me at least. We're not invited to the real party so we have to live with little people rules. Or "laws" as some people like to call them.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Morter posted:

More deposition audio for today's Knowledge Fight (742)

:sickos:

God I love Formulaic Objections episodes. Wife has demanded that I use headphones because she can't handle hours of me listening to legal proceedings like this. She probably has the more healthy reaction between the two of us but I just can't stop enjoying listening to Alex unloading shotgun shell after shotgun shell right straight in to his foot.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
"Did you ever tell anyone you have a photographic memory?"

"As hyperbole maybe but I have a really good memory. If I want to commit something to memory I will remember it."

"But you don't remember telling anyone on Joe Rogan's show that you have a photographic memory?"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
A billion in potential fines is nice and all, but it means nothing until it actually impacts Jones in some way and actually changes something in his life. Until something actually changes it's all bluster and bullshit, another talking point to yell and scream about.

What happens if one of the immorally wealthy assholes on the planet just hands him a pile of money and basically pays his fine for him? Once you're at that level fines aren't a punishment they're a line-item. There's people out there that wouldn't even notice paying a mere $965 million. Get the right brain worms in some of them and the desire to stick it to Jones' enemies and the money can be found easily. Peter Thiel did exactly this because he had an axe to grind, it's not some completely left field fever dream from the ether so don't immediately dismiss it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Xakura posted:

He's literally not in control of his own company any more

I am going to though. 1 billion dollars is an enormous amount of money, no one is going to throw that at alex for a lark.

Elon Musk just threw 44 times that into a raging dumpster fire so he could poo poo post to soothe his ego. It's not impossible.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Especially when, due to this being Alex Jones, if his fine was suddenly paid off he could just as easily be back in this same hole a few years from now. Dude cannot shut the gently caress up.

This does actually have a ring of truth to it so I can see that as a valid counter thought that I'll add in and mull over a while.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Pirate Radar posted:

He’s going to say that his “ordinary living expenses” include buying a bunch of poo poo from a company he conveniently forgets he also owns. That and a steady stream of Jack Daniel’s.
I don't think he can get away with shenanigans like that? Sounds like his finances have an electron microscope shoved up their rear end and dialed to maximum.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If we assume good faith with his statement above (which I do not) then this one is different because it's something that he, personally, has an emotional reaction to. Muskrat is totes cool with all those other hateful bigots targeting the people that he doesn't care about, though. That's not a problem to him personally.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
An arsonist isn't a good person if they're one of the firefighters battling the blaze.

Alex Jones isn't a reasonable person in these clips, he's been tossing these matches for decades and in tomorrow's episode he'll bring the lighter fluid out again. He'll absolutely still get credit for being the voice of reason because that's how he set things up to be portrayed but it's another one of his self serving media manipulation lies designed and produced for that purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Morter posted:

According to Opening Arguments (law podcast), all that was done to attempt to claw back was 'please ignore', and they never even took down/changed the hyperlink, lmao

And they went to great lengths to explain that, for normal lawyers acting like not-dickheads at every step of the way, that generally would have been OK. There's a level of professional courtesy and respect given in situations like that where they knew exactly what was meant by 'please ignore' and would have for almost everybody else.

Jones' lawyers were constant dickheads every step of the way and did not get that respect, they got the exact letter of the law and told to go gently caress themselves.