Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Traveller posted:

Game pretty, I decided to leave the main quest pretty much at the start to go goof around. The new human enemies are lovely in a Prince of Persia way, I really like the grappling effect on the traversal stars, and holy crap everything is so pretty seriously
I'm pretty sure there's actually different dialogue if you wander off early enough and find a Withering Zone (or the other questline involving them) before Tighnari tells you about them.

The grapple points seem a bit temperamental, more so than the Inazuma ones, but the Inazuma grapple points weren't always active so I guess they don't want to make them too easy to trigger.

Port Ormos music slaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Traveller posted:

Raiden and Dendro MC are a hilarious pair, especially when you add Kazuha or Sucrose and just watch reactions happen. I guess I should actually build Lumine now, she's got assorted artifacts and a Prototype Rancour ever since that one Beidou's fight club quest.
I've been running around with Raiden/Yelan/Dendro Traveler/Sayu since 3/4 of those were already on my friendship squad, which creates Many Numbers, but I'm not sure if there's a better healer option than Sayu there (Proto Amber Sucrose? Burn my guaranteed banner 5* on Kokomi?). Bennett kinda doesn't work since he'd pop Dendro MC's burst. XQ instead of Yelan would work but I'm trying not to cannibalize my other teams.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Stare-Out posted:

They need to add leveling up materials to them or something at this point. Even the ore or mora doesn't seem terribly rewarding, even if it adds up.
The ore expeditions basically are weapon XP. At least, that's what I use them for: a very lazy way of forging 20 weapon XP crystals per week for the battle pass.

And yeah, it made more of a difference that there wasn't an expedition for the special Inazuma ore: Sumeru uses the old stuff and anyone with an older account has tons of that stuff lying around.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Endorph posted:

fyi benny only pops the burst if you go dendro mc burst -> benny burst. if you go benny burst -> dendro mc burst he doesnt pop it even with his burst still on the ground
I somehow didn't realize until now that Bennett's burst field doesn't do tick damage (it's just a hit on initial cast).

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Is the Aranara questline the first time we've learned about something specific the sibling did 500+ years ago?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's really weird to me that they added a separate billet item if they were just gonna let you convert them anyways.
Is there even a way to farm the new billets yet aside from the conversion recipe? There's no new weekly boss for Sumeru yet (presumably it'll show up in 3.1 or 3.2 or something).

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Re: collab characters: clearly the answer is a Switch release with a Travis Touchdown collab.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Zenostein posted:

One time I tried doing that commission with yelan.

:stonklol:

I actually tried a couple times, too. Couldn't blast the cursed arrows over the targets and get back fast enough, might've been doable if I wasn't doing that on ps.
It took me way too long to realize that the reason the Dendroculus orbs kept missing the targets was that I was using Yelan.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Maxwell Adams posted:

Well, I did it now. I broke the video game.

https://i.imgur.com/2rcVBSj.mp4

I can fast travel to the domain 'Fragment of Childhood Dreams' and drop down, there's a cave with some robots I can go through. I can play the game normally, except I can't shoot arrows, because I'm actually underwater. If I go upwards enough I reach the surface of the water and pop out.
Yeah, I did the same thing: apparently you're supposed to drain that area from the other side or something?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

FractalSandwich posted:

I don't know why a game developer would ever publicly commit themselves to "never doing X". Seems like a really bad call to me. We should have learned our lesson from the Reserved List in Magic.

I guess there's nothing to stop them inventing a new class of "event" banner that lasts for 364 days out of every year...
The fine print just says they won't be including the event 5*s (minus Tighnari, and Keqing awhile ago) in Wanderlust Invocation, which probably means they can make a Standard Banner 2 at some point (or a Mondstadt/Liyue permanent banner or something).

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm kinda glad all the small mushrooms are on floors 9 and 10 of this abyss layout, because it's kind of a pain having to chase them all down, and we get to do it for the next year because those floor layouts don't change each patch.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You'll definitely want to get some levels and a good weapon on at least one non-Noelle character though since the boss you need to fight for noelle's level-cap increase is immune to geo damage.
Noelle is really good at breaking the pillars; you just need someone else to actually kill the core.

Kaeya is also a perfectly reasonable on-field DPS for early game, and can be used off-field in other team comps later on.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I pick every Mean to Paimon dialogue option whenever it comes up
7.4: New Trounce Domain: The Revenge of Paimon

Ley Line Disorder: Paimon gains 5% ATK and HP for every time you called her "emergency food".

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Mix. posted:

I usually go artifacts first because those are RNG tied, whereas weapon mats/talent mats are less so :colbert:
Weapon and talent mats have day-of-week restrictions; you can do artifacts on the other days. Also you will never find perfect artifacts anyway.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Hazdoc posted:

i didnt realize there was gonna be a star fox crossover in genshin
Scaramouche in that one Inazuma archon quest: "Can't let you do that, Guuji Yae."

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm happy to just slow-drip out the remaining quests and exploration over the next year; a random commission sends you to an area you hadn't been to before and you see a chest there or something.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Where does the game mention this?
I'm pretty sure the tutorial that everyone just mashes through mentions that, much like the other puzzle objects in Sumeru, applying Electro or Pyro to them does something, but it doesn't say what.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Zenostein posted:

It hurts them, but does gently caress-all to their shields, iirc*. You'll still need something to break those down unless you want to spend forever running around doing healing and watching it chip away at them while you dodge icicles or lightning or whatever. A lot of the niceness of the foam is that it's an aoe, but it's still just bonus damage, you can't really just park yourself next to a jellyfish and wait for things to die.

*I don't really know off-hand if it does anything to say, a lector in their second phase, most of the time I've paid attention/seen it do stuff was to fatui, who you can hurt through their shields anyway.
Clam explosions are physical damage, so they don't affect Fatui shields at all.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

quote:

Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network
Paimon is related to a weird robot thing?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Zenostein posted:

That's the thing that finally got me to craft the stupid gust jar, after an hour of trying to finagle my way up the eaves with tiny characters and zhongli's pillar.

You might have to wait ages to do that though, I'm pretty sure it's a mondstadt reputation item and they helpfully designed reputation to take ages to get.
This is also why Kazuha is a must-pull. Not because he's a top tier unit in his own right (although he is), but because he can double jump.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

free Trapt CD posted:

Rolled on the Venti banner, saw gold coming up, got excited - it was Qiqi for some reason? You're not even meant to be here! :negative:
The good news is that now you have a guaranteed rate-up lined up for Nahida or whoever else you want. I got a Diluc off the monthly wishes so I'm in the same boat.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Leathal posted:

C0 on Noelle, Lisa, Amber, Kaeya, Qiqi, Bennett, Diona
C1 on Sucrose, Barbara, Xiangling
C2 Candace
C3 on Xingqiu
You can do something with Xiangling/XQ/Bennett/maybe Sucrose with this roster, but buying Razor would give you a second team with no overlapping members for Abyss (Razor/Qiqi/Diona or Kaeya). Not the worst idea.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Eimi posted:

Given Katheryne's true identity and the existence of Sandrome, it would be more surprising if the guild wasn't under the control of the Fatui.
You'd think that they'd have noticed that Nahida has been taking one of the Katheryne puppets out for joyrides and got it killed in the process of frustrating a Fatui Harbinger's plot before they just replaced her with another puppet. Maybe they're just different Fatui divisions that don't talk to one another.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Excelzior posted:

Scaramouche went rogue and is trying to seize the Gnosis of Wisdom to ascend to godhood; that's not part of the Tsaritsa's plans
Yeah, but Dottore is in on it, so either he also went rogue or Scaramouche is back in the fold. Either way, the Fatui can't not know about this.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Leathal posted:

Turns out Kuki’s ascension materials come from a boss somewhere in the Chasm that I can’t even access until I do some questline.

Seems kinda strange from a game design perspective since I assume you could potentially pull her in the first batch of wishes and be stuck with a single ascension character for like 30 hours with the ingame guide only saying “Complete this Chasm quest for more info”.
A lot of the Inazuma and Sumeru (and presumably further) characters are going to have this problem until the developers figure out a way to mitigate it. Particularly Inazuma and the Chasm, because you can just kinda walk to Sumeru if you want.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

FractalSandwich posted:

It's also possible that the Adventurers' Guild was originally written to be Mondstadt-specific, and they ended up expanding it for gameplay purposes. That would fit with Mondstadt's identity as a more typical European fantasy kind of setting, where the other regions are less conventional.
This would also explain why the Adventurer's Guild is headquartered in Mondstadt despite the whole Katheryne's origin thing, and why their uniforms look Mondstadtian more than anything else.

Maybe we were supposed to fall in with some other organization in each country (the reputation NPCs all have different affiliations) and they just decided it'd be less weird to make the Adventurer's Guild international.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Decent way into the game and I’ve only just discovered there are dozens of fully voiced conversations between paimon and the traveller hidden in the travellers character page. Does it even tell you these exist at any point??
There's a marker for newly available voice lines on the character page but it's kinda hard to miss. (Most characters have a bunch of these that are unlocked by friendship levels.)

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Bakalakadaka posted:

There's a bunch of stuff locked behind story quests so you can probably get there but won't be able to do half the content.
The idea would just be to dip into Sumeru to unlock dendro MC, which doesn't require any story unlocks. (Compare to Inazuma, which requires a fair bit of story content to even reach.)

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Sanctum posted:

Who are you using the sapwood blade on?

I'd craft the Sumeru weapons if I had any use for them. The catalyst looks good for sucrose/heizou/lisa but other than that I see nothing I'd want to use.
The sword seems okay for DMC? The theorycraft nerds seem to have been on vacation since 3.0 so I'm just going off vibes, but it sounds like the kind of stats you'd want there if you have something better to do with your Favonius Sword.

I'm curious if Nahida can use the catalyst or if you actually need her ATK for something.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

FractalSandwich posted:

All of those things, and also: expand the party UI to show the characters' skill cooldowns and energy levels instead of just a tiny HP bar and "burst ready? yes/no".

Hell, I'll do it for you, Mihoyo. Pro bono. Call me.
I'd settle for a buff display where you can actually tell the buffs apart and how much longer they'd last. Is that sword icon Noblesse Oblige? TTDS? Some character-specific thing? :iiam:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Genshin Impact Tree.2: Do you think love can hyperbloom even on the battlefield?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Harrow posted:

I'll probably activate Bennett's C6 when I get it because I don't currently run any characters/teams that would gently caress up and the exclamation point would bug me every single time I log in

Will I regret that in the future? Absolutely. One day they'll definitely release another physical damage character I really want who would love Benny's ATK buff and I won't be able to use him in that team. But that's a problem for future Harrow to deal with.
By the time they decide to make a physical damage character who relies on a reaction other than Superconduct, they'll have figured out a way to disable constellations to solve the Bennett Problem.

I don't quite have enough wishes to force a rate-up on Nahida, but I'm at least pretty close, so this is probably going to happen to me.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

FractalSandwich posted:

Maybe that's what the mysterious Kaenri'ah chapter is supposed to be.
I'm kinda hoping that the Khaenri'ah chapter is going to be a speedrun of the twin's travels through all eight nations 500 years ago. The gacha characters are explicitly not real in canon so the only change outside cutscenes would be that your MC is temporarily changed to the other one if you use them in combat.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Venti and Zhongli’s “party every night” and “beloved and efficient ruler of a nation” lives seem to be pretty nice compared to the more recent archons we’ve met.
None of the archons we've met seem to really want the job: Venti mostly just lets Mondstadt run itself, Zhongli got it down to one appearance a year and then came up with an elaborate scheme to quit even doing that, Ei built a robot to rule Inazuma for her so she could meditate, and Nahida isn't really sure she can do the whole job but at least wants to reach Venti-tier.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah, of course, but what's their use for information on the world's most lethal tumbleweed killing spree, specifically?

I guess if your tools automatically track every kind of interactable object at a per-player level by default, you just get that for free. Or at least for the price of storing a whole bunch of useless additional data for however long, which from their point of view might as well be free.
Yeah, there's not much reason to differentiate them in data collection. For all you know there's some weird bug involving killing a tumbleweed as it goes over a cliff or something and you can detect it by seeing an abnormal number of people go and kill a tumbleweed in that spot.

And then you have that data and can pull fun stats that amuse players, even if you aggregate it after a few days.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Clarste posted:

Regarding the new weekly boss, how do you dodge the big attack that kills you in one hit? It tells you to kill the things, but I don't even know how to hurt them? Specifically the flying ones.

Honestly it doesn't even matter though, since losing a character there has no effect on the battle whatsoever.
I've only done the story version, but they looked like electro shields there, so bring a cryo/pyro archer or get hosed I guess.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

gandlethorpe posted:

Yelan's main benefit over XQ is being a lot more convenient for overworld stuff (movement, bow, faster CDs)
She can't just charge her own burst by pressing E twice, though. (Maybe if you have C1.) You can get around this by running a second hydro or Raiden with her, but one of the other hydro characters you'd run with her is... XQ.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

signora sucks imo
too much time chasing her around after random teleports and waiting for tornados to end
Yeah, Signora is the worst of the weekly bosses because she's a big bag of HP that doesn't stand still long enough to set up on, has 1.5 invulnerability phases, and has everyone's favorite mechanic, Sheer Cold and Sheer Heat.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Did the Nahida story quest line last night, and people seem surprisingly okay with her just randomly showing up in town: yes, they're surprised that an archon would grant them an audience, but not more than that. You'd think that if your god hadn't shown up in person for 500 years and then suddenly reappeared (and turned off the internet in the process), it'd take people some time to adjust. (Even accounting for the changed timeline where Lesser Lord Kusanali has been the archon all along and just "gave up her power" 500 years ago instead of dying and being replaced.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tsyni posted:

With so much variation in Dendro and EM teams, I really think we need artifact sets we can save and label to quickly swap.
Yeah, now that we have more than 4 team slots this is probably the biggest feature request for team building: if you only have one good VV or Gilded set then you could pass it between characters, and if you're leveling someone to use in a scuffed friendship team you could just pass the artifacts from the last scuffed friendship team to them with a single action.

Bonus points if it's saved to the team loadout as well, but I feel like that doesn't help you with Abyss since that doesn't use the preset team loadouts.