Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

https://twitter.com/Standplaats_KRK/status/1583238077190807553?t=a-qXR-hocTG0rni3kEQxEQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

Lol when the UK megathread is incapable of defining tankie then you know its lost all usefulness.

that was a joke my guy

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I keep finding myself thinking that Sunak or Mordaunt or whatever would be a better outcome just because I really hate Boris. They are all Tories, and they will all Tory.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I guess I'm getting old, what is that ominous device in front of him?

That's a speakerphone, I think.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Lady Demelza posted:

Cat Owner just phoned me to reassure me they're "trying to get some bigger cages" and that if I "let them run around for a bit" when I go in to feed them, they'll be OK.

drat, maybe the cats will have two square feet to themselves rather than one square foot! (Box of cat poo poo not included)

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewSparrow/status/1587027457982570497

:allears:

There was no way he was going to allow Boris to play leader

Also King Charlie's been pissy about it, from what I gather - he set up his own pre-summit bash for attendees, which Rishi Will Attend. Not surprising, given the environment's always been his thing.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

The other thing about power cuts - hope you didn't need your fridge/freezer for anything

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Clarence posted:

That's right, it was me wot dun it, gov.

I do get the impression, though, that mods have to deal with insane amounts of reports on the most trivial crap all the time.

you deserved this fate

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1588456176253128704

drat, you got us

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

The UK ballot is not secret, if there is a suspicion of fraud they can literally check each ballot against the voter, we already have security against fraud.

Wait, what? Can you elaborate on this?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

Gonna be loving hilarious when all the olds die off and no one votes Tory because no one has a loving freedom pass.

Eat poo poo you dumb loving wankstains.

I mean, once all the old people die off, there will be new old people. This is how aging works.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Git means "bastard" as in illegitimate, from the word "get" meaning offspring (aka "Lizzie's get in their fuckin' palaces and their silly hats").

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

keep punching joe posted:

Training my body to maximum efficiency where 98% of all food is converted to energy and I poo poo a single pellet every quarter.

Wasting valuable biomass, citizen. Twelve social credits deducted - you are no longer allowed to stand still outside for longer than five seconds.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Nah, that was just the standard response to any FOI request that wasn't perfectly formatted. Jeffrey confirmed a month or two ago that he'd found the emails talking about it, and an account from around the time registered to a Secret Service email.

EDIT: here's the quote

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

*ignores whatever this is*

Okay I have 100% proof the secret service thing happened - privately I thought it was kinda dumb that people concluded it was a lie so readily, but now I have documentation. I have emails to radium from lowtax saying they visited the office to drop off a federal subpoena that day, and making them the account. This is the account https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=170309 and it's complete with a secret service email address. It hasn't been logged into since 2010 which is the year this all went down.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Like I'm gonna trust a user called "Just kidding, Somethingawful" to be real. Jeffrey just added that fake user into the database.

I do not believe you could do that without accidentally adding FYAD flags to all forums and beecocking all the mods.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

But what does he call this?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

You really are just trying to get a rise, aren't you?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

god drat it

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Following on from insulation/efficiency chat…

Our house has double glazing with plastic frames (in brown colour, ugh). It’s probably 20+ years old and a few of the panes have condensation in the middle, but they’re generally in good nick.

Im finding it really hard to find any information about whether 2022 double glazing is significantly better and more efficient than the older stuff. We have been visited by a couple of salespeople and they claim that new stuff will be more efficient (of course they will) but is that really the case? Unless of course we go for the super expensive triple glazed or the vacuum sealed stuff.

We were originally planning on replacing them all but figured if we can paint the frames and replace a couple of panes, is it worth it?

post/avatar combo

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

"So that's it? Eight tips and good luck?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

His missus has that Maggie Gyllenhall 'The Secretary' look of "please won't someone shag me, this is dire, please.. help"

This is a weird post to make

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Thomas Robinson: "1665 (gored by pet bull)". There's something about the phrase pet bull that tickles me. A lot of time for Charles Lennox too: "1819 (died of rabies from fox bite)". An absolutely glorious number of hunting deaths.

Oh wait, here's the best one. William Payne-Gallwey: "1881 (fall on turnip while shooting)"

"Strange though it may seem, Gallwey is not the only MP whose death involved a turnip..."

quote:

In November 1833 the Whig MP for Huddersfield, Lewis Fenton, elected for his native borough during a riotous contest the previous year, fell from one of the upper windows of his home at Spring Grove. He landed in the courtyard below at around 8:30 a.m., and died later that morning from his injuries. Press reports suggested that there was ‘considerable mystery’ surrounding the circumstances of his death, hinting at suicide, but the ensuing inquest returned a verdict of accidental death. As Fenton’s widow explained to the surgeon who tended him, Fenton had been in the habit of going into the attic to look at ‘a piece of ground where some turnips were growing, to see that none of his cows were trespassing in it’. He had apparently over-balanced while standing on a chair to look out of the window. Other evidence showed that Fenton had been in a cheerful mood the evening before his death, when he had drafted a speech for a forthcoming meeting regarding a testimonial to the anti-slave trade campaigner William Wilberforce.

EDIT: This wasn't actually listed in the article, though it was on his wiki page, so I've rectified this.

Freudian fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 25, 2022

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Is London not minority majority? I just assumed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Apparently the aide also moved the guest's hair to see her name badge - rather than, say, ask her name. Obviously royal circles have incredible entitlement, but this is just something else!