Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd just played the Valkyrie Elesium demo which had L2 as pick up lol

At least no one ever replicated FFXV's brainfart of having jump and confirm on the same button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Wo Long has issues but I really hope they address them for the release because the game is sick as hell.

- The heal absolutely needs to be quicker because everything else is so lightning fast
-The Circle + Triangle input doesn't seem to register
- The parry window should be slightly bigger because you will eat poo poo if you miss the input once. Also relates to the healing problem
-The lock on camera could be adjusted a bit because it can be hard to see what the enemy is doing because the camera is so low and it moves around during combos.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Genichiro is mostly getting into the rhythm of strike strike deflect x till dead and sometimes avoiding his unblockables.

He's a mid boss that tests your fundamentals because couple later fights are much harder.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The one fatal blow where you leap into the air and skewer the enemy with your spear while the message REVENGEANCE ACHIEVED or something similar appears is sick as hell.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Is this a remake or a port?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

My kids love Hot Wheels so yay

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

Playing MGS2/3 without being able to slowly let go of square to not shoot a guy in the back of the head seems like not even playing it at all.

I hear you have to press down on the dpad in the non-PS2/PS3 versions instead? gently caress that.

Pro trick is to unequip your gun with the shoulder button while aiming. It's much faster and reliable. This also reloads your gun if your mag isnt full so its something I do all the time.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Sep 30, 2022

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The next Kojima game will simply be named An Unnamed Hideo Kojima Game

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Because PS5 has no games my favorite past time is checking out various PS4 games and see how they run on PS5.

Anyone have any recommendations? Basically games that do not have official Pro or PS5 patches but run significantly better on 5 (For example Dark Souls 3)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

goblin week posted:

that’s so awesome. we finally have the power to make games look bad

It's like someone filming a zero budget horror film with shaky cam.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

https://twitter.com/okami13_/status/1581084392453451776?s=46&t=Xk42_c7O_iGArYCm4k4MvA

both Failstation and Drecksbox taking a rare L… this game must be optimised like absolute poo poo.

Dont worry it will run at 60 fps on PS6.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

PS3 is still holding some of my favorite games of that gen hostage and it's really annoying.

Like where the gently caress is Metal Gear Rising: ReCut Edition with improved dismemberment physics

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

It's weird living in an alternate dimension where PT gets cancelled and we get a Silent Hill 2 remake instead.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Personally I think it plays fine. Especially if you compare it to the original RE4 rather than 2 or 3 remakes.

It's definitely more aimed towards people who will get motion sickness from FPS games though.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

And by swansong they mean fighter jet afterburners.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

If Nioh Collection is coming then that should include a native PS5 port of Nioh 1.

Does that matter? For most people no but you can't actually play the native PS5 version unless you get the collection because Nioh 1 remaster was never released separately.

I happen to like the original quite a bit so yay.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Yall have to elaborate because TLOU I played was gory as hell and the sequel even more so.

I didnt play the multiplayer tho.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

haveblue posted:

Got much further into Signalis and I think I'm literally in hell right now

I have only played around 3 hours but when I'm not playing I keep thinking about Signalis and hearing the three note sound cue in my head.

The game really scratches that survival horror itch but not in a campy way RE does (both are good)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Kojima changed the way people feel and think about video games like 2 decades ago. He already achieved something most never get a chance to do.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Oct 29, 2022

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

BurningBeard posted:

I bought this, and I’m excited to play it, but I hate poo poo like this.

Resource scarcity and limited inventories are cool, because they force you to be mindful about what you’ll actually need when in a hostile environment.

But backtracking after you’ve covered an area multiple times, knowing exactly what you need but lacking the space to carry it, running past enemies better juked than fought, that is all kind of the opposite of scary.

I certainly won’t complain about it in this specific game. First I’ve not played it yet and second, the creators are doing a deliberate sendup of late 90s survival horror. But sendup or no, some trends in mechanics were abandoned for a reason.

If a harsh inventory limit like that actually succeeded at its goal, I’d be all for it. But it sounds like it ends up draining all the tension out of the experience if it gets that bad.

E: To propose an actual solution that keeps the spirit of the mechanic, I wish games would just make all puzzle components key items that have their own separate inventories, but keep the limited inventory, and offer a wide enemy variety plus bespoke equipment that might make some baddies easier while perhaps making others tougher to deal with. Then you get to keep the tension of having inefficient or even detrimental equipment in some situations, while never needing to play the shuffle game just for simple progression.

The only way limited inventory has any real consequence is if it is truly limiting.

I'm talking about a choice of bringing extra ammo or a healing item because you can't carry both.

I don't disagree separating key item and inventory slots but the latter needs to be very limited or else you'll just have double the inventory.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Quote is not edit

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The Perfect Element posted:

Lol I've been transported into the sellia crystal tunnel and now I'm totally hosed.

There's something je ne sais quoi about forcefully transporting the player to one of the most difficult areas in the game within hours of New Game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Adaptive triggers suck and I always turn them off.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Was it ever confirmed what contribution grrm actually made to elden ring? I remember loads of marketing at the time, but now I'm playing it there seem to be no traces of his influence at all.

He wrote the general origin story for Elden Ring and backstories for the demigods you fight in the game but From basically took a look at them and said

"Mm yes the great Praetor Rykard let's make him a big snake"

https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/01/28/george-rr-martin-may-be-shocked-to-see-what-his-elden-ring-characters-have-become

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I keep on finding weapons in elden ring that I'm significantly under levelled for. For example, the hand ballista requires 30 strength and I'm way off that...,and I've been putting a lot of points in strength.

Is the game telling me I should be exploring somewhere else, or is this just how things are?

Nah, sometimes you'll just find weapons with ridiculous stat requirements like 40 or something for a greatsword in the starting area.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I'm just here to hear what is the point where the new GoW falls apart. (If it ever does, heck it might be super good)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Yeah if the game leaves the service it's gone for good unless you buy it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Costco Meatballs posted:

How is Ragnarok on medium difficulty? I am enjoying the challenge of the second hardest mode but Kratos does seem to get stunlocked to death an annoying amount.

The normal difficulty feels like you could sleepwalk through the whole game so I turned it to hard. Enemies are a bit tankier but you can combo them to death.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Costco Meatballs posted:

I must suck then because I am dying constantly to the trash goons in dwarfworld. I think maybe I'm locking on too much.

Try launching enemies in the air with R2 and then switch to fists and pummel them till they stun. Arrows also increase stun while they are floating in air

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I dont even like the axe that much but punching is very good. I love the L1 special move in Spartan Rage mode.

Also did they take out barehanded stun grabs from Ragnarok because I remember 2018 had stuff like Kratos ripping dudes in half.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I said come in! posted:

People just mainly don't like the NPC backseating, but love the game otherwise.

Name one person who likes the camera.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I'm suprised people like the camera. I think the game would benefit from a manual camera and increased FOV so you don't need to rely on indicators.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Twibbit posted:

But the camera is manual... are you thinking about GoW2 ps2?

Manual like in Metal Gear or Tsushima that works independently regardless of what your character is doing, I mean

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Gort posted:

Elden Ring could've been better with less repeated content, fewer open world areas with little in them, and side dungeons. The "legacy dungeons" were definitely the high points of the game and I'm hoping that the DLCs are just straight-up "go through a portal into this legacy dungeon, remain there for the entire DLC".

I've been playing Demon's Souls recently and it feels pretty much like all the high points of Elden Ring. I don't really miss the open world.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Maybe there was some internal power struggle over the final boss of Sekiro but I'm glad they went with the best one instead of what Elden Ring got.

Sekiro 's final boss is the embodiment of using everything you know with no gimmicks.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 16, 2022

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Demon's Souls is great but I forgot how finicky Dragon God boss was. I died probably 20 times trying to figure out how to destroy pillars before he oneshots you.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I watched some Callisto Protocol gameplay and I didn't really get excited from it.

The monsters seemed rather unimpressive looking, even zombies in RE2 were more unnerving.

The gameplay had some strange bits like a comically long slide down a sewage pipe and then the player died at the end of it which is probably going to be a lot of fun.

You apparently have kinetic power thing and you can use it push enemies around but in the trailer you just used it to put enemies into meat grinders so you won't have to spend 2 mags worth of ammo on a single regenerating enemy.

I don't know something about the game seems off it didn't get me super hyped like RE4make despite them being in the similar genre.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

It works on so many levels

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

Seriously. We have analogue sticks just set the furthest tilt to be sprinting and anyone who wants to walk slower because ~~immersion~~ or whatever can just tilt it less.

This only works if your game does not need a sprint function.

The point of sprint is to give you a great boost of speed but it comes at the expense of something else like not being able to block or attack. This is important thing to balance in many games especially in multiplayer.

If you don't have a sprint on a separate button you are just going to accidentally sprint all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Oops