Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Count me as one of those people who have never watched Gundam and loved Revolutionary Girl Gundam. Finished it last night and can't stop thinking about it--hell of a cliff hanger :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/osawa841/status/1655574244338683905?s=20

Still not ruling out this exact scenario

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

"Your only choice is to revolutionize the world."

I thought the same thing when I saw this and was totally pumping my fist. the utena parallels aren't stopping anytime soon

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Between this and Archive Undying, (a novel that isn't out for another month) Mech Story With Gay Protags is a trend I can absolutely get behind :hmmyes:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

But Mobile Suit Gundam came out in 1979?

It's a trend that needs to be so thoroughly cemented that even the most Bad Faith fan can't even deny it. No more, "um actually in the original Japanese Karowu says... :actually:"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Me when Suletta Hamgetta: you go girl we've all been there :qq:

also

https://twitter.com/Gee0Man/status/1662923488922075137

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Booky posted:

i was a bit lost by the ochs earth/SAL stuff, what was their whole thing again??

Literally just came here to link this tweet thread. This helped clear some things up for me

https://twitter.com/benjanun_s/status/1662824818759303169?s=20

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

This

I like this :hmmyes:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

All scenes need at least 10% more ChuChu

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Like being physically present, or by sheer hair volume?

yes

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Suletta hamgetta

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Man the aftermath made me tear up like crazy. It's not uncommon to see teenagers die in anime, but the body bags just felt too real :sigh:

I pretty much knew Norea was done for as soon as she dropped her sketchbook. Doesn't make it hurt any less. Her and 5lan's last moments were so good

goddamn, this episode

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

What time does the episode normally drop? I'm in Pacific timezone and I'm pulling an all-nighter tonight and depending on when the ep is up on Youtube I might use the ep as extra motivation to stay up and get stuff done

edit: nevermind, I got about 2 hours :shobon: 2am for the west coast it seems like

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 11, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Hogama posted:

The initial TV broadcast is at 5 PM JST, which would be 1 AM PDT, if I have it correct. I believe it's around an hour later that it goes up for streaming, but the Gundaminfo youtube does gate regionally, so if you aren't using a VPN to access through SE Asia it's not going to be available there - they haven't even opened this cour to the US, so the most recent there will be episode 12. Crunchyroll has streaming rights, I think? Anyway it's usually around an hour or two after I post my live follow-along that I notice others chiming in so I'd assume that's the earliest most are going to be able to see it.

The last two previews are always 1 hour and half an hour before live broadcast.

Yeah, I got VPN. My friend also has a plex server and he's been adding the new episodes, but it usually doesn't show up until Monday morning and honestly I'm just trying to dodge spoilers as this point. Honestly it's really annoying that the US Gundam youtube doesn't have the newest eps yet and I wonder if that has to do with Crunchyroll

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

God I love that stupid smiley he's using (𓁹‿𓁹)

I don't know what else to say about this ep that hasn't already been said. Ryouji is a little goober, though

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

That's because he's the new head writer for the Spy x Family movie and second season

Oh! :eyepop: That makes sense!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

So this was my first Gundam series and overall I really liked it! I definitely agree with a lot of the criticisms but I don't think those things affected my overall enjoyment of this series. Still recommending it to other friends who have never watched Gundam before. Maybe it's kind of shallow but I hope there's more girl-led Gundam series on the horizon

give ChuChu her own series

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd rather be left wanting more than wishing it had quit while it was ahead, tbh.

I think this is ultimately where I stand. I keep hearing that SEED and IBO kind of dipped in quality in its second 25 episodes? But yeah, better to want more than to have it spinning its wheels for too long

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I think we can all agree that Suletta with her hair down is the best Suletta

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Current mood

https://twitter.com/HeyHelloWinter/status/1675963629445828609?s=20

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011