Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Pistol_Pete posted:

Thank goodness that I can now return to my habit of rapidly skimming through the hundreds of daily posts here looking to see if anything actually significant has happened in the war.

glad I'm not the only one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, run into way less "nuke their rear end take their gas" types, but I do drive past two farms on a regular basis decked out in Blue and Gold. They're not the local school colors.

I probably see more Ukraine stickers and flags than I do BLM equivalents.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

speng31b posted:

nah dude, Morgoth's gone by that point. Just a spirit floating in the void. At that time Sauron is his successor, not his minion

Its like Morgoth gave his old gaming PC to Sauron so Sauron could play a sick RTS

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Did they really refer to someone getting killed as having been "investigated?"

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Chewbaccanator posted:

You can go into the individual properties being sold and look at the pictures and where they are. You can even bid on stuff directly. It's all available in English: https://privatization.gov.ua/en/

It's kind of insane, a Clinton fever dream from the 90s.

Lots of potential goon projects here!

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Best Friends posted:

Yeah I’m partial to the theory that we’re not sending abrams and Bradleys cause we don’t want viral video of them getting exploded. hard to take the cost argument seriously.

Could you imagine the discourse if America's modern tanks were getting styled on? Even one video of a lucky hit or an abandoned vehicle getting destroyed would look really bad.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
once Ukraine occupies Kherson it will be pretty trivial for Russia to auto resolve the occupying army with their Kadyrov doom stack.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
cope army withdraws from seethe nation

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
are snowbirds a type of nomad?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
https://twitter.com/RadishHarmers/status/1592598053395267584?s=20&t=mw4Haz7cwfTDwuiU3F6BgQ

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

making the Afghanistan war look efficient

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

OctaMurk posted:

its reality

firebombing japan to the ground didnt make them surrender and arguably they were gonna surrender before the nukes, due to actual advances on the ground or the threat of them

carpet bombed germany and they werent gonna give up (also they bombed britain tons and that didnt work)

carpet bombed vietnam harder than ww2

iran and iraq bombing eachothers cities, with iraq literally gassing tons of people, didnt make either side give up.

why do you think strategic bombing of ukraine is gonna bring ukraine to the negotiating table ??

I think the major difference is that those other wars were seen as existential and the targets for the bombing was much more indiscriminate. Russia has been targeting infrastructure but it hasn’t been targeting people directly. if my local substation gets blown up that would suck but I would be way less upset at that than I would bombs just randomly falling in my city.

I know there are definitely Ukrainians that feel this war is fight or die but is that the the average view of this war from the Ukrainian perspective? i legitimately do not know.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

speng31b posted:

whatever it takes. i have yet to see him challenge the patriarch to hand to hand combat

yea he can call a new crusade at any time!

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Lostconfused posted:

Look on the bright side, european union commingling suicide is extremely funny.

yea I mean if I were the Russians I would be pretty disappointed and embarrassed the war was not over quickly, to say the least. However if a quick victory was not an option a long bleeding of Europe with a possible victory in the future is a decent option if I didn’t care about the death and suffering of other humans much.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
https://twitter.com/Euan_MacDonald/status/1599909743686225921?s=20&t=ARU2vl9enGJsFCulIFv0Lw

or maybe people just don't care as much anymore idk

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

gradenko_2000 posted:

TLJ may well be the best of the post-OT films (not a very high bar) but is still worse than any of the prequel trilogy

That's correct, shocking how many simply cannot see the truth.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
The prequels hit harder now that it is even more apparent that we, too, are in a dying system sliding towards authoritarian control due to the previous system being unwilling or unable to act appropriately to avert disaster. Even the supposed heroes of the story, the Jedi, are so detached from any society or social group but their own to the point they allow slavery to continue in places they have jurisdiction. They quickly embrace militarism the moment it is offered to them and continue to call themselves peacekeepers the entire time they fight a war to maintain control over various peoples who are trying to determine their own political system outside the republic.

There is a lot of political action happening in the prequel and imperial era in Star Wars that is really fun to watch, the Mandalorian has some of this too but the sequel trilogy as movies fails to capture these kind of elements that make the other stuff a lot more interesting to me.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Rutibex posted:

they blew up all the politics in the The Force Awakens with a big space laser. politics is boring grandpa :rolleyes:

Yea that sucked really bad. I agree with jettisoning all the EU stuff when Disney took over, but I think some of that could have been used to create a much more compelling version of Star Wars post Return compared to what they have done with those movies.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

I feel like something like this could be an unstoppable force immovable object thing between big and actual Israel if it blows up.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
did Ukraine even offer any payment to go along with that message or were they expecting FIFA to do it for free?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't usually call people out for their posts, but this is some ignorant poo poo. Of course Ukraine paid, if they didn't then it was just to get FIFA to reject the ad. The entire reason that FIFA exists is to grift and graft as much money as possible. Those people wouldn't even give a gently caress away.

yea man we all know what FIFA is about. Cool to call a post ignorant and then go on to admit you also have no idea whether Ukraine was going to pay for their spot.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

there was no suffering or anything else bad prior to the war and especially not in 2020 or 2021.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's one those times where it seems pointless to lie, whichever side is doing it. We will see who's right in time. It's like when the west said Russia was out of ammo in like March but now the war is still going. What was the point in that lie?

I don’t think they were lying they were just owning themselves by looking at their own supplies and going “drat at this rate we would be out of ammo!” and then posting about it.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Z the IVth posted:

She's the only one with a real weapon though. Make them fight it out Highlander style.

There can only be one!

Also I'm pretty sure I've seen that costume on a mobile game ad before.

Ukraine, now sponsored by RAID: Shadow Legends.

could definitely see a Zelenskyy speech where he has to stop and provide a message from today’s sponsor, RAID: Shadow Legends

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Malleum posted:

i really like imf recommendations, because the simultaneous directions of "increase your tax revenues" and "privatize all your state run companies" is right out of a vaudeville routine

you really need to strengthen the private sector, ukraine. you can do this by ending state subsidies of small business in the middle of a war to increase the health of the economy.

yea the real answer is that Ukraine is hosed no matter what now but the IMF needs to keep up appearances and provide some helpful tips as if there is a way to salvage a ship that broke in half and sank like 8 months ago.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Tankbuster posted:

poland should get something for services rendered.

they already got a rocket and a grenade launcher

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

gradenko_2000 posted:

Cspam will run out of permabans soon

it’s actually not the permabans, the mods don’t have the manufacturing capability up and running yet to make the sophisticated mod buttons.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
maybe learn the definition to words before you use them. no need to be embarrassed, you can always ask for help.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

paul_soccer12 posted:

Critical support to the Anti-Imperial Japanese Navy

”the greater East Asia co prosperity sphere is real” I assure myself as I close my eyes and ram the flat top with my lovely air plane

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Ork weapons and vehicles work so long as the orks believe they will work. This explains why they never run out of shells and why the Ukrainians cannot use any of the thousands of captured Russian vehicles.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Ardennes posted:

According to YouTube tank celebrity “the chieftain”, the US could push the entire Russian army back out of Ukraine with one armored and one infantry division.

this is true, the amount of atomic detonations that would occur in Ukraine and the rest of the world would push the Russians out.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Weka posted:

Is there any truth to the story that Soviet era bridges were built too small for western tanks?

I understand the Abrams is very maintenance intensive and the gas turbine engine requires some particularly technical knowledge to service, whereas a typical tank diesel engine can be fixed by some idiot like me.
Plus they're really pretty vulnerable, I posted a link to a video in the last thread of a Saudi Abrams (so as modern as it gets baring probably the depleted uranium armor) being defeated by an Iranian version of a Konkur, a 50 year old bigger version of a Fagot.

don’t sign your posts

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

lollontee posted:

the absolute, reality-denying hubris of the man is impressive

yea I think if you just reverse most of what he said and apply it to Ukraine it’s probably more accurate.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Have there been any military tourists named Bradley? That’s probably what he meant.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
hey doverhog which country is looting Ukraine the most right now? Hint: it’s not Russia.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

doverhog posted:

When Russia is bombing and raping Ukraine does it matter?

uh yea man it matters a lot and will impact all aspects of Ukrainian life for decades to come.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
still waiting to see the metrics by which Russia is losing the war, I heard it was all of them.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

crepeface posted:

it's pretty funny that we get gbs/dnd guys post for hours in the cspam thread in apparent violation of dear leader's directive and the only probes are this poo poo and the mildest ironic racism

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to post free, The wretched posters of your teeming forum.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I think the jokes about finns are mostly boring so they should stop for that reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Futanari Damacy posted:

With all the debt they're incurring maybe this is a cheap way of cutting and running- who's going to pay for a state that no longer exists? Who is legally the inheritor of the IMF's debt if the country disbands or is absorbed into other countries?

whatever government forms in that area in the future will be required to take on the debt in order to trade with the west, probably