Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

And if it wasn't clear, the and one only applies if you make the shot. If you miss you get two or three free throws depending on the value of the shot you were attempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Huxley posted:

Any time I read one of the thread's translated comics and the poster just has to be like, "I did the best I could but this joke depends on both a deep understanding of 1980s Finnish pop culture and a pun based on a word that doesn't exist in English," I think of stuff like this as its equivalent.

A+J

I have to say, that's been a remarkably long running ad campaign by, uh, Progressive?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Selachian posted:

Get Fuzzy 1/14/03

The card from Quayle having "Hoe, Hoe, Hoe" on the front is a good gag.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 03, 1955)

You can't fool me Foster, those are bison, not aurochs.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

don Jaime posted:

I wasn’t aware these kids had names.

I like Breaking Cat News but I still haven’t sorted all the cats’ names out. I know Lupin is the white one who has more personality than the others. I think the black one is Puck and Elvis and Goldie are look alikes. I think. I wish she hadn’t added more cats.

Elvis is a Siamese and Goldie's an orange, they look very different! Now one of correspondent cats outside of the main group --Sophie maybe? -- I get confused with Goldie all the drat time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

EasyEW posted:

Rip Haywire

I just can't get past this bozo being named after the inventor of the wrap sandwich.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

here is a nice thread from georgia dunn that has a fun twist at the end if you click through

https://twitter.com/GeorgiaDunnBCN/status/1630694553186635776

The Girl wanting to take over BCN is adorable

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Selachian posted:

Get Fuzzy 3/7/03

Kind of funny that in a few months time a Red Sox/Cubs World Series almost happened. loving Grady Little :argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Julet Esqu posted:

Gil Thorp

I wonder if they were originally meant to be holding something else
It does kind of look like how you hold a trombone...if you flipped the hands around

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I never thought I'd say this, but the pitch clock is good Arlo :argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Pancho Jueves posted:

Is this supposed to be a pun or something?
It's about how dogs will do anything for food. Rumpelstiltskin's price was the girl's firstborn, and the dog just wants her sandwich.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno, giving up your boyfriend seems like it would make you eligible for the noble prize

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

That's...not how knuckleballs work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbUhjWVU1pg

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Selachian posted:

Get Fuzzy 6/2/03

The 2003 Red Sox will break your heart Rob.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

I dunno what they call them in Korea, but classically you score runs, not points, in baseball :eng101:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Huxley posted:

I don't think I get this one. Is it because it's so hot out she didn't want a hot bath?

That's the one. You can see her sweating in the first two panels.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

amigolupus posted:

The fact Mopey Pete and his girlfriend are dressed up as siblings just makes me think of that Shortpacked parody comic with "cancer cancer cancer? incest!"

They're just big fans of the Ultimate version of the characters.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

arlo is a cardinals fan?? gonna need to rethink the wholesome nature of this strip

I would've guessed he followed the Barves, but if he became a baseball fan before they moved to Atlanta the Cards make sense.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Oh Camille, you hosed up but good. Claire's gonna go burn your house down.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gnoman posted:

For the most part no, because it is generally recognized as a completely obsolete and useless skill that may actually delay children's ability to read and write. A shockingly huge number of older people are outraged that this obsolete skill is not being forced on today's children.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Green Intern posted:

Clammota Crank has a lot of good points here.

:mad:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

That's the end of this arc! Originally there were two full 7-day weeks of guest strips, but we're going to skip those since those are basically an artifact of the early 2000s webcomics scene and not plot-revelant at all. Tomorrow we start a Rachel and Tessa adventure.
The only SGR guest comic we need is the one that roasts how Allison tended to draw women in those days.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Thank you, that's immediately where my mind went as well.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Selachian posted:

Get Fuzzy 10/27/03

Grady Little.

We're only one year away from the Curse of the Bambino being overturned and Red Sox fans going from pitiable to insufferable.

If loving Grady Little had taken out Pedro when he should have my grandfather would've been alive to see the Sox win it all*. :argh:

* or they would've been clobbered by the Marlins, who knows. And the Sox had won a championship in his lifetime, but he was two the last time they had.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

That's what you loving get for intentionally walking two dudes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Selachian posted:

Get Fuzzy 11/20/03

Kent Tekulve is one of the nerdiest looking dudes to ever play professional baseball.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

EasyEW posted:

I had no idea this was a thing, but the only thing I know about college sports is the bit about exploiting athletic program students for profit without cutting them in on it.
The NCAA is still an exploitive crap sack organization, but at least athletes can now get a taste.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

EasyEW posted:

You might as well ask the birds to stop singing.

Mutts bumps back to the top today because :cry:

I didn't realize Guard Dog has his own special page on the Mutts official website advocating against tethering dogs.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

Scary Go Round (July 5-9, 2004)

When Johnny A decides a character isn't working, he is ruthless.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Literally me October 16, 2004

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

Wallace does have big Ferris Bueller energy (and come to think of it, Spud really is Cameron)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=595lVRKMiDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

The Dodgers clearly disagree