Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm gonna make an almond cake in a bit and then order some quesabirria for dinner.

Ahh it turns out partner got rid of my cake pan during one of her manic cleaning phases. It'd easy enough to replace but I am a little annoyed.

Your a good partner because if my SO ever through out a kitchen tool I would be seriously rethinking where I'm going in the relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
White Castle in multiple NYC locations. It's always terrible.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Freaquency posted:

Why did the Babadook elbow drop that poor man from 15 feet up?

I wonder how much I would need to get paid to do that jump.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Timby posted:

I've been a moderator at Trek BBS for more than 20 years. :( (And I'm currently the #2 admin.)

What's the best star trek slap fight you have witnessed?

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
TIL that GBS can pull down 750 viewers on a Friday afternoon. SA not dead and gay yet?

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Sing it to the heavens

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Skwirl posted:

Wouldn't he be defacto stuck in Florida if he'd gone along with that? His favorite part about running for President was all the rallies, so much so he kept doing them while he was President, kinda need to be able to travel to do that. Plus if he didn't turn himself in, even if Florida cops aren't complying, couldn't the US Marshalls just go and arrest him?

From the US Marshals fact sheet posted:

The Marshals provide assistance to state and local agencies in locating and apprehending their most violent fugitives.

So maybe? These are NY state charges and not federal.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

I hope the new avatar can top the old one.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

harperdc posted:

I’m so glad this is the year we can travel overseas again, I missed international sports tourney trips. Not like I have the leash to leave the baby with the missus anytime soon, but business trips and sports club away days may happen again.

Playing rugby in Europe was always awesome except for the part where I got my rear end handed to me every time.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
If I don't take this last chance at wrecking the planet, someone else will and I can't live with that.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Hilldawg, you and your election staff are about the only people that can't make fun of trump

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Acid in butthole trip report - it burns

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Alice in butts does remind of one of my first acid experiences. I was at Alex Grey's (of Tool album cover fame) art gallery. I walked into the bathroom and someone was getting dosed on their eyeball. It seemed not that intelligent even for my stupid 18 year old brain.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Quiet Feet posted:

Please post me a song you have heard recently. I'll start.

https://youtu.be/ormQQG2UhtQ

Proclick ^^^^^

https://youtu.be/3S33OPOdyO8

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Patriot Front, a fascist white supremacist group, put signs up with their website saying, "STRONG FAMILIES, STRONG NATIONS" in my picturesque New England college town yesterday for Juneteenth. They can put them as high as possible on the telephone poles but I will still rip them down.

:patriot:

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

T-Square posted:

I caught a light at a perfect time with no other traffic near me and jumped out of my car to rip one down but I couldn’t get my fingers under the masking tape or any angle to tear the paper and flailed uselessly at it until the light turned green and I had to jump back in my car :downs:

Oh I certainly didn't look like a spaz at all as I flailed with a stick beating a plastic sign with a vaguely wholesome text at a busy intersection during rush hour.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Subchat update: All Things Considered did a 5 min piece on it and long story short, if it didn't implode at depth, it's probably on the surface now but the sub is painted white and the seas are all whitecaps in the area. So good luck with that.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
I've never seen Titanic but I remember the 2 VHS box set at our house.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
XII is the best FF

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Qwijib0 posted:

Turns out TFF is extremely online, who would have guessed.

With all the backyards and smoked meats posted I'm often fooled into thinking you all have lives

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

25oz isn't enough. Needs at least 40.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Pro click for Antonio

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
I'm not a twitter person. Is the X more than just a lovely rebranding?

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/st...mber%3D2360pti1

Make this man President

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Goon designed and installed slide

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
:911:

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Talk dirty to me more Mr Giuliani

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Amy Pole Her posted:

Travel chat - Rhode Island is pretty awesome. Providence and Newport are two really fun spots. Amazing views too

Thanks for coming to the best state in the Union

Pontius Pilate posted:

Re: books are dead, death of the author, etc. Just had my George RR Martin and GoT moment but for American political history nerds. I’ve been meaning to read Robert Caro’s LBJ series for over a decade, and at that time the fourth volume wasn’t out and he was getting up there in age, but then the fourth was published and all was well. Whelp, just finished the second volume and learned that there’s a fifth volume yet to be published, covering his presidency and death, so kinda a big topic. Caro is 87, please don’t die

The only real difference in the two authors is the GoT has progressively gotten shitter to the point of "who cares if GRRM doesn't finish."

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Grittybeard posted:

There are good pieces of books 4 and 5, if you liked the earlier stuff it's just...they aren't really put together correctly (partially since they were supposed to be one book, partially because Martin lost his fastball I'm guessing). And Dany's storyline is mainly super boring and stupid in 5 until something happens, then goes right back to being miserable to read.

I'll read 6 if it ever comes out just because I'll read anything, but I'm not expecting much even if it does happen.

You aren't missing out on anything. Save you time for other 900+ page tomes

kiimo posted:

Where my zero Covid goons at?

represent.

Kiimo: So what you're saying is, I'm indestructible!

Doctor: Oh, no, no, in fact, even a slight breeze could-

Reporting in 0. I do go outside among people.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm planning to go out tonight to try to catch the meteor shower

Did this last night and it was bomb. All 4 outer planets are visible too! Go to scope Saturn for the first time this morning. Did not disappoint.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

FizFashizzle posted:

Saw phantogram and queens of the Stone Age last night

Phantogram sounded like complete poo poo

Queens were fine

I was at the same show last week and the sound person for Phantogram was loving awful. The levels were so poorly done. Sarah Barthel also looks like she's using again.

Donald - 6'1" 285lbs

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Twitter is dumb and always has been dumb OP

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Braksgirl posted:

Dating is wild y’all. I don’t know how y’all do it. My coworker and I are going through her bumble matches and the photos these guys post and the bios they put out there. Lord have mercy.

Post some of the content

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Pour some ocean water out for a real one

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Silly Burrito posted:

Tyranny of the minority taken to the extreme.

Did you read this book? I'm waiting on it at my library.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Silly Burrito posted:

No, but it’s on my list.

I'll report back but I'm currently going through "How Democracies Die" and it is just reinforcing my ideas that we are hosed already. And its from 2018.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Rugby World Cup people

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

swickles posted:

Wife has never been to NYC and wants to see Chinatown, but I haven't been in over 20 years. Any thoughts/recs on places to eat there? Anything else we should do?

You should go to the Met

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, MoMA is second for me to the natural history museum, in particular its mineral floor. Getting to touch just about every meteorite in the meteorite room was so cool.

Wicked on Broadway was a lot of fun when we saw it a year ago.

Don't know how long it's been since you went there but minerals wing got redone in COVID times. It's super cool. They have a 16 and 20 ft geode lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Sup New Haven buddy.