Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
going in blind is fantastic, but do not skip the tutorial jump down the cave, unlike many other things that is not a trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Propaganda Hour posted:

In terms of new stuff:

Dead Island 2 didn't play, but I watched a streamer play about 6ish hours and it looks okay? More Dead Island. I had my fill with the original Dead Island and Dying Light. I have no real interest in this game, but it looks fine.

cmon man it's not a horror game, it's just a regular stat grinding shooter with zombies

my vote: No one lives under the Lighthouse

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Dead Island 2 has interesting bits: the world assets

They spent all that time making a detalied Los Angeles and then bolted a stat/weapon grinder on top. The combat system is better than Cyberpunk, but they have the better story and characters, both made the same assets mistake (imo). And unlike Cyberpunk you can't save the game by making more Dead Island in a DLC, because "just more combat" is not gonna be interesting (compared to more good characters and story).

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
me after meeting the first party member in BG3

huh you're cruel and arrogant, that can work at level 1, but better be sure

"hey are you a Regil or a Bishop?"
"huh? no, haha im a good party member"

...she's a Bishop

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kalyna is a loving superstar (for that money)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you know how Steam says "unlocks in xyz hours" on a game's release day? wish they'd do the same for leaving EA (thinking about BG3)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

mycot posted:

I think people also just want a high budget (? Is BG3 AAA budget? AA budget at least) fantasy WRPG since Dragon Age is dead,

BG3 is more Dragon Age than any other game, like you do some fights, get a cutscene and blood is all over your face, your main character is mute, all the party members are assholes (but you need them!!!) etc

also it is hard as balls

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
no rope kid = no sell :colbert:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sab669 posted:

Does Ubi chase GaaS trends? When I think of their games I just think of POI fatigue and also I guess they probably sell skins.

right now they have Riders Republic, The Crew 2, The Division 2, For Honor, Rainbow Six Siege, could be more

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
wait this is the game? https://store.steampowered.com/app/2009100/Immortals_of_Aveum/

those are extremely 2018-rear end graphics, cmon man

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
fwiw Warframe "fixed" the powercreep by introducing modes where you simply don't use your Frame

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ShadowMar posted:

i love the story of Wildlands/Breakpoint's existences just because i find it incredible that Ubisoft, in all their genius, determined that the best way to do a sequel to a tactical stealth shooter was to turn it into a looter shooter

especially since Wildlands later had three non-looter crossovers: Rainbow 6 Siege, Splinter Cell, and the actual loving Predator

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

had to google what this is, came out exactly one year ago!

and it's worse, way less customization and attention to detail

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Shadowrun and Battletech were made by people who loved the games, and took the players seriously

Lamplighters had Marvel Quips and Pixar Faces instead, it never had a chance because it was made for money, not love

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
for me it's switching characters

think how bad DE would have been if you switch to Kim and then someone else in the other chapters

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

victrix posted:

Any Heroes of Might & Magic 3 fans in the audience?

I have great news for you

https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/wargaming/sale/HoMMIIIxWoWS

what the actual gently caress

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fruits of the sea posted:

Oh right, yeah I forgot about the easy mode. I'm extremely bad at noticing environmental effects. Weirdly souls games are not an issue but anything 2d is a struggle.

I mean souls games are very very slow, yours and enemy animation always have tens, some times hundreds of frames between them (and the bosses that break those rules like Pontiff Sullivan are rightfully called out for being bullshit!)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
modding the modern resident evils is hilarious, why would they do this

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I remember finding my first item in BG3 that had lightning charges, and going "uh this isn't d&d, what is this crap"

and then over the course of the game you basically find a "tree" of lightning items that can go so many ways, and there are so many other trees

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

that also looks good what teh heck

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ImpAtom posted:

You are missing the part where Peter thought the kid was his. That is the relevant part of the story

why would he think that? this Peter is an asexual virgin

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
that looks very bad

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I have over 70 games on my wishlist, but if you hide Early Access and unreleased im down to 3

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Kassandra is so good they later made a free crossover quest with Odyssey in Valhalla (I still like Valhalla)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also the combat in Control isn't that great, I turned on god-mode half way in and don't regret it, it's still a great game

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
a steam game I def would play on a handheld:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1244800/Terraformers/ one of my favorite games this year

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
nobody said Skyrim yet? buncha posers

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Leal posted:

Any good Satan games?

the Witcher 3 expansion

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sab669 posted:

Yea; I don't remember all the specifics of why I got mega bored with Valhalla, but I don't recall thinking the game was hard :thunk:

the game clearly has level gated areas, like in the very starter town in norway you cannot do one of the camps because it's like level 200+

like the guy said, it's coralling you into a narrow play pen, until you hit like 120 or so

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ShadowMar posted:

i'd rather play a fun """meme game""" any time of the week over boring AAA slop like Suicide Squad or Starfield

fwiw BG3 is a AAA game, it just also was early access

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

HopperUK posted:

You could always just PM him and ask him! I'm sure if he's too busy he'll just not answer.

he actually just posted this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BYbbXBv9Dg

and it seems he does seem to be too busy lol, so maybe catch him on twitter for round two

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Alcyone looks very tempting.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
can you play helldivers 2 in single player at all?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ghostlight posted:

rip the best arpg, marvel heroes. even completely removing the skill trees couldn't save you.

oh man yeah, also the Games thread was hilarious

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They don't even need to explain it, as the modern day elements have almost completely disappeared from the games at this point.

?

the modern plot is front and center, Mirage is the prequel to Valhalla, and both have the ultimate goal in justifiying a new modern protagonist

he suuuuuuucks

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Antigravitas posted:

I am utterly mystified how this is so well liked, and it does not bode well for BG3…

yes, you have different tastes from the majority here, happens to the best of us

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
and if you have lots of VO/exposition, deliver it using David Warner

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mordja posted:

Anyone know whether Sword of the Stars 2 ever became playable? Or, to be more precise, did modders ever make it playable?

first google result: https://steamcommunity.com/app/42990/discussions/0/1290691937714987360

seems like yes?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

I said come in! posted:

is there is a good game that plays like Civilization, but is focused more on modern day time period, and you can play any real world existing country?

Terra Invicta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ZearothK posted:

Speaking of Terra Invicta, how is it these days? It seemed to be very... Boring at the start of EA.

every single patch makes the game harder, they over corrected so much that currently the best way to build your own spaceships is kinda limited

basically if you have been playing since EA launch it's very good, and everyone else will hit a brick wall, after 20 hours or so in a run