Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://steamsteamlol.ytmnd.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

valve removed the "transphobia" user tag from hogwarts steam page

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

How does this franchise have fanboys already??

it's a PS5 exclusive, and current-gen-only exclusives are still so rare that the console warriors need to latch onto anything they can get

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

GMG does similar amounts for unreleased pc games all the time, I got deathloop, death stranding, monster hunter rise, a destiny expansion from them all for about 18% off. I think elden ring was the least discount at 12% off.

you have to bear in mind that GMG (or similar) purchases are non-refundable though, you're hard committing to the purchase in exchange for that discount

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

and specs

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

NIS is a spatial (read: bad) upscaler similar to FSR1

you should probably use DLSS if you can, FSR2 otherwise, and ignore NIS

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

they said the PC version will have the dualsense features, just with the usual caveat of them only working over a wired connection

with sony ramping up their PC support you would hope they would eventually release a proper driver that supports all the features over wireless...

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i'm using tilt controls!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the playstation one is at least designed to allow the sticks to be replaced by the user, but yeah they should just be using hall effect sticks

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

taking mega-budget AAA score inflation into account that may as well be a 3/10

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the PS5 version of forspoken drops as low as 720p internal resolution in 60fps mode and doesn't even hold 60fps consistently :eyepoop:

the PC port is going to be something to behold

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

When the heck is the AMID EVIL expansion coming out.

the switch port was announced before the expansion and even that still isn't out

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

grounded has an arachnophobia slider that goes from 1 to 5, making the spiders incrementally less detailed until they're just a vague floating sphere with eyes at 5

e;fb

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Lego Builder's Journey, kind of? The shading is realistic (with a bunch of raytracing options) but it's stylized in the sense that everything is Lego

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

why don't they just use the poop-be-gone spell to send the monsters to the poop dimension

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

Otoh, is it worth it to get an Index just for HL:Alyx?

no, get a quest 2 or pico 4 for a fraction of the price if you're just dipping your toes into VR

the index isn't even unambiguously the best headset anymore, it's very well built but the cheaper alternatives have better resolution and wireless PCVR streaming while the index is still tethered

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the reviews are in and harry potter is officially cringe

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mordja posted:

Looks like a kid's game.

its good actually :shittydog:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Monster Hunter Rise is not a Sony port.

neither is death stranding, that had an odd dual-publisher arrangement where sony managed the PS version but 505 managed the PC version

the ports that sony have managed themselves are generally good but they handed returnal off to a studio they haven't used before (climax studios)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

sony's UE4 games are some of the few which have avoided the shader compilation issues, either immediately at launch (day's gone) or quickly resolved through patches (sackboy)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

if it's shader compilation stutter then an SSD won't help, if it turns out to be related to asset streaming then faster storage may help though yeah

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Ishin! is really good! But the stutter issues during cutscenes, and sometimes combat, are super frustrating. I wish I understood what is going on.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'm running a TR1950x and RTX 3070 which is kind of an odd combination of parts. Unfortunately getting stutters like a lot of people, I'm assuming it's on account of the processor having a relatively low single-core speed. Was really looking forward to the game but at the moment I'm waiting for another patch and trying to keep playtime low so I can still refund it if performance doesn't improve. For a fast-paced bullet hell game the stuttering makes it kind of unplayable.

Stutters have been reported on much better hardware though so maybe it's just busted for certain setups.

the worst of the stuttering is related to having raytracing enabled, if you turn off every RT setting it's much better behaved

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The Joe Man posted:

i5-4670k, 16gb & 1050ti/4gb, zero hitches since launch @ 1440p

Goes without saying but an SSD is basically required for anything these days so if you're still using a platter, that's your problem.

everyone gets the hitches in elden ring, it's an inherent problem with the engine, the question is just whether you notice it or not

the problem is that it compiles shaders on-demand the first time they're used, causing a sharp spike in CPU usage, which is an issue that will affect any setup

it may be more or less noticeable depending on the framerate you run the game at and the relative speed of your CPU and GPU, but it's always there

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

After starting up Atomic Heart I've decided that it's be okay if we just kill off the 0451 joke already. Yes yes, you think you are very clever, but having a long section of a scripted autoscroller where you have to sit and watch two people yell "the code is zero four five one!!" At each other is just masturbatory.

gloomwood has the best take on 0451

locked safes need a 3 digit code to open, and if you guess 451 on the first one you encounter it explodes and kills you

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

What if you guess 045

you can't, the range for each digit is 1 to 6

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

the devs kind of have to know so that they can participate

yeah they used to inform developers about upcoming sales privately but with the bar to publish on steam being so low now it's impossible to keep those details from leaking, so valve just posts them publicly now

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

By far the biggest problem I have with Gungeon is that the trademark Roguelite bit of "everything sucks to play because you havent picked up any items" is way too long. The game just has pacing issues in the early run that made it unenjoyable for me.

yeah this, especially coming from the superficially similar nuclear throne which goes at a million miles an hour

it kind of flew under the radar but if you opt into the beta branch for NT there's an official 60fps option now :blastu:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Ragequit posted:

Game developers, please use care when coding your offensive term lists

alternatively take the fromsoft approach of having a japanese developer craft your english offensive terms list, because it's funny

https://mod.gib.me/darksouls2/ngword/english.txt

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

can't w**f either

:woof:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

DerekSmartymans posted:

Isn’t BiY goon-made, or at least goon-adjacent?

yeah it's goon-made

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=181987

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

yeah they patented the nemesis system

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

nvidia is accidentally announcing other peoples games again :laugh:

https://twitter.com/gabefollower/status/1631002572881362954

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

then again it's valve so even if CSGO2 is truly in development there's only like a 1 in 10 chance of it ever coming out

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

why can't i play beat saber with my keyboard and mouse this is bullshit

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

why did Spacebase DF-9 just appear in my steam inventory

wasn't that game abandoned half finished

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Iirc, Valve used to give certain journos free access to the entire Steam library. But that ended some years ago.

you can't get that anymore but last i heard it was still active for those who did get it, occasionally jeff gerstmann would show steam during a stream and his account had a "claim for free" button on every store page

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

returnal just got a patch which is supposed to address both the raytracing and non-raytracing related stuttering issues

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I can't understand how they can be so good at making a game and yet so bad about allowing people to purchase it in a sensible way!

the rights for the trilogy being split between three different publishers probably makes it much harder for them to navigate than it would be in a perfect world

the first game was published by squeenix, then 2 was published by warner, then 3 was self published by IO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

10% off all variants, neat

how about a sale on the nearly 4 year old index valve