Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Another thing about Dungeons is that they were all designed to be easily and flawlessly cleared by one single player. Being the second or third player on a fire team will just make it easier! Nothing to worry about at all as far as being a deadweight dungeon gamer

Then based on how pressured I felt while soloing the Xenophage quest, I must be the living embodiment of "skill issue".

Doing Spire of the Watcher in a group was fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Finale quest was good, cutscene was good. Now to twiddle my thumbs until Lightfall time.

victrix posted:

if we don't get Season of the Immaru I'm rioting

Imagine his delight at being able to mock a whole new bunch of "neon nerds"

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I'm on the casual end, with my highest being Planck's Stride at 38.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

sure okay posted:

What are the odds Telesto breaks or breaks something else and has to be turned off next season?

If I'm not allowed to Strand tether to Telesto projectiles, I'm gonna send a mean tweet to Bungie

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

The gun is good

The triangle is evil

Need a fanart of big Calus head barfing up raid guns

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Finished the Legendary campaign solo last night, what an ordeal. Died about 8 times each to the blender boss and Calus.

If I didn't have the crutch of Warlock strand melee to lean on, I'd have been utterly screwed

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

sunday at work posted:

Exotic Primaries and trace rifles have a 40% buff in damage against red bars including any effects they cause. They are practically the only primaries worth using right now.

I will continue to use my Synchronic Roulette with Hatchling, because my Strandlock needs more Threadlings. All the Threadlings.

Why Can't I Hold All These Threadlings?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You get only 1x Catalyst per Legendary clear.

I ran it last week and got Immovable Force or whatever

My buddy ran it this week with me and he got Immovable Force, and I got Grave Robber.

It DOES seem to continue giving you power advantages up to ~1815 at any rate, though. I'm not sure if Mettle caps you below 1830 or just AT 1830, but it'll get easier if you're going at it at a much lower level

I had enough problems clearing the Normal difficulty.

Gonna save myself the trouble and throw Vexcalibur into the vault

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

I think for this season you're gonna want to use bows over auto/smg for overloads, not even counting le monarque.

they're just so much more consistent about applying the stun and anti-healing, and there's no reload time, just steady fwip fwip fwip

I would use bows if I could actually aim consistently under pressure, so it's going to be my trusty Quicksilver Storm instead

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

The droprate for Neomuna red-frames feels really anemic, even when fishing for heroic patrols

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

I already unlocked the loadouts so unless they add a mechanical reason to be a higher rank I am going to be rank 6 forever cause I think it's funny.

I regret a little not staying at rank 6, but the "graduation ceremony" was cool.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Grimthwacker posted:

The sheer amount of crap being thrown at you in Defiant Battlegrounds combined with the general sponginess of everything is kinda obnoxious. I seriously think I've been dying much more in this seasonal activity than in any other. Things take way too long as it is.

I generally don't have this problem because I use my machinegun as if it's my primary weapon, as well as the extra survivability from Voidlock

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I'll usually roll with Commeration & Wavesplitter and basically never need to touch my primary.

I've been trying a Wavesplitter build after not using that exotic for so long, it's pretty cool! Along with my crafted Retrofit Escapade

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Supposedly Bungie changed text chat to be opt-out in order to foster positive communication. But the only communication I've received is from a tryhard fool in Iron Banner who was raging about our team losing.

Bro, some of us struggle to even reach the heady heights of 1.00 K/D

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

I try to rotate through giving my commendations to players based on their relative position to me after pvp because its ultimately meaningless; in strikes I always give 2 out

of course sometimes it bugs out and when I run several in a row I have "already given that commendation" at the end of the run, sorry folks

I usually give my commendations to whoever didn't receive any yet, as a thanks for playing :)

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Starfire Protocol is only good for Boss DPS. This season, you are doing yourself a disservice if you run anything other than Dawn Chorus & Firebolts for general content/master raids/etc

What about Verity's Brow? I ask because both of my Dawn Choruses have crap stats

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Just in time for the Quicksilver Storm fix :yum:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Hypnobeard posted:

Can someone tell me how to reliably trigger "weakening or suppressing" with Void? I kinda thought volatile shots did it, but I just couldn't get it to matter no matter what. Is there a more reliable method?

Wavesplitter, after picking up an orb

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 6, 2023

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Threshers [...] can gently caress off though.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Yeah, I'm the weirdo who liked containment.

There are dozens of us... dozens!

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Having a horrible time trying to get weapon patterns on Neomuna. The double whammy of zoning into Terminal Overload multiple times to get a Heroic Patrol to show up, then hoping that I actually get a redframe weapon when I finish it

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Necrobama posted:

you take apart enough computers, eventually you learn how they go back together.

Based on my early PC building experiences, my Guardian would assemble the gun with the barrel pointing backwards at least twice. But hey, that's what Ghosts are for.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

This just gave me a horrible thought of Bungie introducing weapon degradation, to increase Player Engagement™

"Darkness has fallen upon your weapon..."

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

a few other posts have already implied this but diegetically crafting is grabbing the memory of the weapon, so your Guardian doesn’t personally need to have any understanding of all the bits and bobs—you’re just pulling it out of history where it once existed

That makes sense, but I'm also having a chuckle at Banshee-44 facepalming while my Guardian blows herself up yet again with a rocket launcher that she reassembled

"Do not kill the cringe. Kill the part of you that cringes" - Sun Tzu

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 17, 2023

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Grimthwacker posted:

I noticed I leveled up enough this season to get an Exotic Cipher, and saw that I still had one burning a hole in my inventory for the longest time, so I went and got Traveler's Chosen because it sounds fun and I enjoy a good sidearm. I had to make the agonizing decision to vault Forerunner for now, but I'll see how this works out next time I play. Gambit would probably be a good testing ground.

Traveler's Chosen catalyst is neat - throw a grenade, and the sidearm's damage type will change to match your subclass. So it also can synergise with e.g. Siphon/Targeting/Surge mods that you have slotted in

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rufus is insane now.

Good times, I need to level up the one I crafted last week

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Fond memories of that past season with the fusion mod, and melting everything with Cartesian Coordinate.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Truspeaker posted:

I know it SAYS you can get nightfall and exotic stuff from the GG playlist, but has it actually happened for anyone? I know did at least 15 of them last week cause I did the thing for the seal, but I sure as poo poo didn't get any militias. I think I got an exotic exactly once, but I'm pretty certain it was from the pinnacle reward.

Over the last week I got Nezarec's Sin, Boots of the Assember, and Eye of Another World. There might have been one more I forgot

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

I like using Horror Story in the Crucible. It's a terrible gun and I love it so much. Also if you grab it from collections it has Zen Moment and Rampage! It's actually pretty nice.

But also I love getting kills with one of the objectively worst guns in the game lol

I'm too dumb to recognise whether Horror Story is a bad gun, but I sure liked using it (in PVE) when it first came out.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I'm gonna try it your way first - thankfully I have the same Harsh Language roll that you mentioned.

But I typically have bad luck with special ammo bricks so may fall back to Rufus's Fury/Nezarec's Whisper/Thunderlord

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

MJeff posted:

Just remember with Envious Assassin, you're getting a kill with another weapon first, then swapping to Harsh Language that's now had its magazine overflowed. So get a kill with another weapon, then swap to Harsh Language and fire both shots.

Also, the best way to get consistent special ammo drops when you're running a double special loadout is to swap to your heavy weapon and get a couple kills with that.

Trip report: at 1823 power, took me a couple of runs before I got the rhythm down and could do it without dying :toot: Double special worked out great

Also got my first Cenotaph Mask (with crappy stats ofc)

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

MJeff posted:

It is concerningly difficult to kill yourself in this game if you can't equip a rocket launcher.

In a pinch, Nova Bomb + Scatter Grenades.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Meiteron posted:

No one, no one wants it back, I personally want wrath of the machine and I think most people if polled would be asking for wrath or just "a good raid" if they never played D1

If Wrath of the Machine was the one with the "shoot some TVs then run like hell for a corner room before being incinerated" bit, then yeah I want that one back.

Also my GOAT season is Splicer, I will rock that title until the D2 servers go offline for good

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

haveblue posted:

Wrath had the TV shooting encounter, the giant war machine encounter, the evil torso encounter, and the spider rodeo encounter

Oh yeah I'm starting to remember more of it, back in the dusty collection of my memories.

It was the only D1 raid that I did so it's got a special place in my heart

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Turkey Farts posted:

I gave up trying to do the exotic scout quest last week because the freeze melee modifier was wrecking my team mates. i signed on this week hoping for something more forgiving and it's attrition (lol!)

Yeah gently caress that, I don't have the skill nor patience so I'll wait for next week's modifiers

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

whispers: siva siva siva

louder: SIVA SIVA SIVA

banging on the table, ochestral metal playing: SIVA SIVA SIVA

:hmmyes:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

MJeff posted:

I got like ten cabbages.

This sounds like a nickname for the next version of Ascendant Shards.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Me, waving my newly acquired Banner of War: That sign can't stop me because I can't read!

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

AzureSkys posted:

I'm not a fan of overload hand cannon breaker this season. I don't remember that being paired before.

Same, which is why I specced into Overload MG as soon as I could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Kith posted:

adding more sources of sustain or defense or crowd control has been extremely healthy for the game and i'm very much looking forward to seeing how Support Auto Rifles turn out

As someone who gravitates to healer/support roles, I am excited to be able to shoot heal bullets at my fireteam in the near future