Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Vegas wants an old and busted goalie:

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1631042224170446854?t=8OSLQhNSFTh9MpjeYpit6g&s=19

Which player will the Knights be sending with some heavies with tire irons into the desert to make space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Matt Zerella posted:

Columbus turning around and sending Quick to a division rival is very funny to me.

Let's go Columbus Blue Jackets legend Jonathan Quick, go get you a cup in Vegas, baby.

Vegas slowly but surely acquiring pieces from the LA Stanley Cup teams. First Martinez, now Quick.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Speaking of Pittsburgh, I was hoping they would be in on Quick so they could continue building one hell of a team in 2013.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jesus Christ, how did most teams blow this?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Man, Tampa really doesn't want Vlad on their team, do they?

WeaponX posted:

You will be glad to know his hockey reference profile gives off big, Vice President of the Young Republicans Club vibes

Colorado and the NHL, eh? Definite Young Republicans.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pens had to move Blueger because no one bailed them out on McGinn. Great job Hexy.

You just got bailed out on Kapanen, they can't all be winners, kid.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think you Penguins fans are being a bit dramatic about getting a guy who has multiple 60+ point seasons, who was good as recently as last year, for a second rounder.

There's no changing the hivemind's opinion on a player once theyve seen the magical fancystats graphs. Just ask them about Gavrikov despite being a solid 2nd-pair D who kills penalties for a team (in this case, LA).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey, Columbus, I'm not sure what you would do at this point beyond Quick but, if you're gonna do it, how about doing it before midnight tonight so I don't wake up tomorrow morning and find out?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1631301232026349568

meh return, but fair given the circumstances -- very happy to get a late 1st from a UFA that the Wings weren't going to be able to re-sign that's had a mess of a season.

I'm getting tired of all these cowards and their protected 1sts- too much having their cake and eating it. We need to spice up trading them.

Maybe the first three that get moved get conditions and everyone else has to give the offered pick?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm going to console myself for the impending Bruins bitchslap of the playoff field by remembering it'll win Nick Foligno a Cup and he is good people and deserves to hoist Lord Stanley.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1631354372104806402?t=0cVmAHaFojr3QZK5QX5KFw&s=19

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

For some reason, I thought John Gillies was a skater. Maybe I'm confusing him with all of the other Gillies who are punchmen.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1631369340116246528?t=aLmcq0rn7_hL8cUtNK6Aig&s=19

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1631391427455270913?t=bpQxYZQzKpmJDWXz_Hz8iA&s=19

(Cues up Sarah McLachlan)

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1631288497293209605?t=M5qnn0CAwFsxWW1zUiSVFA&s=19

Good on him to get to 1000.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/jachobe/status/1629419102572892162?t=eGp-kWSzdTsxYEN3cjEMEQ&s=19

Jake shamed somebody into deleting their Tweets about him.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

has torts ever led a rebuild to glory

Levitate posted:

I think some of the discipline and work ethic that tortorella demanded was important to those couple of runs the Rangers had under AV. His downfall with the Rangers was not realizing he had more talent to work with and to switch from "we don't have enough talent, must block shots and grind" to a system that allowed more freedom, but some of the basic principals he demanded of his players were a good counterbalance to AV's hands off let the players do whatever they want leadership style

He's also the only successful coach virtually the entire time they were in Columbus. The only aberration was the last season when he wanted to leave after the bubble but was convinced to stick around one more year.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Oh my god, if you zoom in on the pic, it's even more hilarious than the small thumbnail shows. The MS paint-style copy/paste is great. CBJ Stanley Cup championship hat on. Miami of Ohio University guy in crowd right next to an Orlando Magic jersey? Hilarious.

I retract my previous statement, A+ from CBJ

I was going to say, I thought that was :thejoke:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1631485817284702209?t=_FAVYC972VfD7mB5axRQAQ&s=19

If only for one day, Ottawa wins the trade.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Getting the band together for one last hurrah.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This man deserves better than unemployment and needs to coach another team.

And by "another", I refer to "mine".

Jarmo fire Larsen and hire the Bruce this summer.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah but the Pens don't have Oilers coaching

although even Sullivan couldn't fix Jack Johnson so there are limits here

That's Stanley Cup Champion Jack Johnson.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Players to have worn an A for Columbus this year, in order:
-Zach Werenski- out for season while it was 2022.
-:ducksiren: Nyquist- out for season and then traded
-Johnny Gaudreau- lost a 320+ game iron man streak
-Sean Kuraly:
https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsPR/status/1631674614525964288?t=v_cLPOZc4JsNaYj3PayDMA&s=19

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

my morning jackass posted:

that sounds like bullshit

E: the Atlanta and Houston expansions that is

IIRC, Anson Carter was part of an investment group trying to grow hockey in Atlanta. Can't remember if they bought the ECHL team there or what.

I wonder how much influence on Atlanta Turner Sports had/has. "We paid for this, now give us a hometown team"?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jhet posted:

I wonder what the connection is between this and Pittsburgh's problems. I'm sure there's no connection, right?

Why are they planning on doing more teams when we just finally have a good even number of teams for the playoffs. Arizona will still be a contract graveyard either way.

They probably saw MLS with its hyperactive growth and attitude of "we need all the teams in all the places" and started sweating.

E- 9 teams since 2017, that's loving sustainable.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 4, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mr. Kite posted:

I think Chicago has enough fan support from the 2009-2017 success that they'll be popular for a while. The Jackets are starving.

Columbus has had several sellouts this season for a terrible hockey team. Give them a reward.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

eXXon posted:

It's a recording played over the sound system because the woke NHL doesn't want to "permanently deafen their fans" or whatever.

Arivia posted:

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The cannon itself makes no noise, but the flash of the pyro charge it's synced to is real (and can be seen in the rafters if you're in the upper bowl).

They had to tone down the intensity of the explosion as allegedly the trial runs when it was installed rattled the windows in the arena on the concourses.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 4, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Did they put the logos of all the teams Derrick Brassard played for on the shaft of the silver stick for his 1,000th game? Because that rules, if so.

AsInHowe posted:

Gotta do a real explosion for playoff games.

They blew out a speaker one time if that counts.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Lol Pens.

Also, I hope when Bally Sports goes belly up that their app with the interactive stats ticker lives on as it's cool.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Pungry posted:

Going to have to give this post the old "FreezingColdTakes" treatment. Erik Gudbranson was allowed to play the entire PK in that OT. I don't know what the hell Larsen was thinking letting that happen other than "Bedard".

I'll own this one. They can't even lose right.

Here's more on Gudbranson from someone much smarter than I:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1633296411025350658

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/B_Sommermann/status/1632747228090494977?t=QcWXYL_TyQir-KyfItbPAQ&s=19

Hmm.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

why the hell does Columbus want Kevin Hayes? They better be taking a high pick from the Flyers if they're eating that contract

The front office realizes they need some veteran guys to show the way for the kids, especially with Gus and Jake gone (though Gus wanted to stay and might be able to be had for cheap). This could be that along with getting Johnny friend to play with.

The issue is that Kevin Hayes is not what one in the trade would describe as a "defenseman".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'd prefer Vinnie Jones 2 foot him and then do that other thing that got Vinnie Jones banned from the foot.

I have a sudden urge to want Vinnie Jones signed to my team for veteran leadership and intangibles and grit and running Tom Wilson purposes in the ice footy.

Iodised QQ posted:

To put a different angle on good goal or bad goal chat

The isles absolutely dominated that game and it shouldn't have even been close enough for that to matter

I'm not sure if that makes the goal easier or more difficult to accept but this is where we're at right now

Depends on if you're in a position to actually need the points or if you can live with a good effort in a game you shouldn't have been in but were. 9 times out of 10, I think it would be the former.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1633691989978894336

Holy poo poo.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Your attention please:

https://twitter.com/WheelingNailers/status/1634402933277089795?t=00Bfk73jEo82XN6miFV1VQ&s=19

The commentary is icing on the cake.:discourse:

This also reminds me I need to go to a Nailers game.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1634622611173908482

Jeff Carter is going to be in the lineup forever god please no.

Somewhere, Beau Bennett stands, applauds at the uniqueness of the injury, and then snaps his leg.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I couldn't get the Bally Sports streaming app to work, so I went to bed, but congratulations on Columbus and San Jose both trying to outtank each other and both damaging their tank chances ever so slightly.

(Columbus for outshooting the Sharks 30-11 at one point and holding repeated two goal leads, San Jose for sending the game to OT anyway, and a hilarious overtime where the cynical could believe nobody wanted to win.)

E- https://youtube.com/watch?v=OEPCv2pnNhw&feature=shares

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 15, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Connor Bedard Sweepstakes will be settled on May 8

I can't wait 2 more months

Commence clenching. :ohdear:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

T-Bone posted:

Honestly you should really only be sweating Columbus's remaining schedule. Bedard is Bedard but missing out on the top 3 (maybe top 4 depending on how you feel about Carlsson) is the real danger. Finishing bottom 2 is huge.

Although saying that it's quite possible a bunch of teams just pass on Michkov because of the Russian thing and then he Jagrs all of them and tears it up with like, Washington or some poo poo.

quote:

Thu, Mar 16
@Los Angeles
Fri, Mar 17
@Anaheim
Sun, Mar 19
@Vegas
Tue, Mar 21
@Washington
Fri, Mar 24
vsNew York Islanders
Sat, Mar 25
@Montreal
Tue, Mar 28
@New York Rangers
Thu, Mar 30
@Boston
Sat, Apr 1
vsFlorida
Sun, Apr 2
vsOttawa
Tue, Apr 4
@Toronto
Thu, Apr 6
@New Jersey
Sat, Apr 8
vsNew York Rangers
Tue, Apr 11
@Philadelphia
Thu, Apr 13
vsPittsburgh
Fri, Apr 14
vsBuffalo

Fortunately, there are a ton of loseable games on that schedule.

Lose as many as possible, but give the guys a couple wins to feel good about, and let's finish 30th or worse.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"It'll be good!"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

A little late but how, uh, did Boston lose to Chicago 6-3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"I have no hate in my heart for anyone and treat everyone with respect*".

*Offer not valid for LGBTQ+ people.