Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

mastershakeman posted:

Who have the longest tenured qbs been with the bears besides cutler? Mitchell got 5 years, has anyone else?

Grossman was 5-6 years I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Oh yeah, I know he didn’t start, but I didn’t think that was the question.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Bob Socko posted:

Hey, can you hear me? All the way up there on that cross?

*ahem*

lol

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
EPILEPSY

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Alright, which one of these rookies has a lingering injury that is just waiting to be aggravated week one of on-field drills?

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I mean, two of the best to ever play the game would be pretty loving awesome for a young football player.

Loved Gibbs on Bama before defenses caught on that he was the only player worth defending.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Isn’t Marvin Harrison Jr a bigger guy?

I mean it has a lot to do with their maternal genetics too.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

adaz posted:

I mean based on his biceps peanut looks like he's still practicing the punch

Feds get time at the gym.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Who is this dork?

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

T-Square posted:

Your original post had extreme I’m Not Mad energy and now you’re being weirdly aggressive to people telling you to chill, this is why everyone hates Packer fans HTH

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

T-Square posted:

Could be worse, at my last job our Service Manager had a bunch of Bears memorabilia and was a huge fan and got a lot of poo poo for it. I asked him where he was originally from in Illinois and he said he wasn’t. Then I asked if he went to college there or lived there for a spell or something and he was just like :shrug: nope

Basically me without the plethora of memorabilia at work.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Dexo posted:

I had almost managed to erase Chris Conte from my memory completely.

Same, but Archuleta.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Jerry would have sold his soul for Jay Cutler to be great.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Rexy starts at 62 minutes.

I listened to that for far longer than I thought I would.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
NFC North has the best uniforms of any division. All completely distinct and each of them look good playing each other. I can’t think of another division that’s even close.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

trevorreznik posted:

That was all 01

The two Mike Brown tds were both in OT in back to back weeks
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200110280chi.htm

I’ll never forget watching this game with my 49er fan roommate where he went from boastful to incredulous to shotgunning a beer with me after the pick six.

Next weekend we went to a bar and watched Brown do the same poo poo.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

ZombieCrew posted:

Never leave early. Traffic sucks, just deal. Also '01? Like what you like, but '06 had hester, a monster defense, the most bears way of qbs, and denny green (rip).

I almost left that game at halftime.

My wife told me to sit back down.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I was in college in Boston for the '06 Arizona game. It was a mishmash of friends from my suburban Chicago high school who were all going to different colleges in Boston, as well as the Fenway Park organist, who grew up in Evanston and knew one of my friends who was interning with the Red Sox at the time. When Hester returned the TD, we got so loud in my friend's apartment that neighbors on both sides of us started pounding on the walls for us to shut up.

It was a special game.

Was weird getting back to our hotel and turning on ESPN and seeing all the poo poo I didn’t catch from being in the nosebleeds and half drunk.

Everyone singing Bear Down as we funneled down the stairs was hilarious. Felt like the stadium was 75% Bears fans.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Yeah, kudos on the newborn.

I tried my best with my kids to not like the Bears. One doesn’t care about football, the other loves the Bears and the other one roots for whatever team is playing the team I’m rooting for.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

The things you put up with because of love is incredible.

Luckily they can all agree on the local minor league hockey team.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

trevorreznik posted:

My kid still hasn't figured out how to go from yelling for more touchdowns when watching Alabama football on Saturdays to grimly watching the Bears the next day

Huh. There’s another one of us.

Bears wins are sweeter now that my expectations are underground.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

HootTheOwl posted:

It's official: bears waive gipson and vildore.
Vildore sucks but I think letting gipson go is a mistake. I'd have found somewhere for him

I mean, he didn’t want to be there?

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Niwrad posted:

I think he did but they told him he was going to be released and allowed him to look for a trade.

Oh, okay, that makes sense. I didn’t know they already had their mind made up and told him.

I thought he looked good, but I also wasn’t paying much attention who he was going against.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

excited to start the season off right with a loss

Hell yeah brother.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I don’t think the Lions will win, but I think they’ll put up a fight. Probably a better one than the rest of the north will.

Speaking of which, if you had to steal one player from each of the three rival teams, who would it be?

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

AsInHowe posted:

GO LIONS

IN ALL SINCERITY

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Love to see it.

But Hutch is going to ruin the Bears shiny new tackle, isn’t he?

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Nah, enjoy it. No time like the present.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
“Successfully”

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Not anywhere near comparable to even a 40 year old athlete, but I tore my Achilles my high school sophomore/junior year during preconditioning and never got on the field again.

I played other sports but never got my flat line speed back, which was my biggest asset.

I couldn’t imagine doing that in my 40s, it took me a year to even jog without pain.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I really hope Cohen plays again. He was so fun to watch.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Fields basically looked like someone told him, if it’s not 100%, check down.

I’m not sure if that was actually the directive, but goddamn that’s what it looked like.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Cue Claypool falling down and not being able to turn himself over like a turtle.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

ghosthorse posted:

From the little of that game I saw there were multiple examples of plays with routes like that

Kmet always seems like he’s involved in them too. Not saying it’s always his fault, but that particular play looks like he was supposed to run a post and that pass was to DJ.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Bears are gonna suck either way, I’d rather watch Fields ball out tbh.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
loving hell. Bears finding new and awful ways to be lovely. What a morning.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I hope the CSAM stuff isn’t true, for many reasons, but one is that I’d like to laugh at all this poo poo not be depressed.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Halas Hall almost looking like a scene from Waco except for the heroics of master FBI negotiator, Peanut Tillman.

Picturing Peanut rolling up in a tank with his head sticking out like Dukakis.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

PneumonicBook posted:

Mjeff bask in this win, Detroit has been absolutely irrelevant for 30 years so I guess you can have one nfc north title, as a treat.

Boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
The Bears remain the only team in the division who have earned their record.