Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Ronwayne posted:

The weird part is when you have a conservative element that makes use of the fascists but doesn't want the fash anywhere near the top rungs of power, which is when you get this incredible schizophrenic dance as people who want to maintain a gangster-grifter status quo are inherently endangered by militarist psychos but need those psychos to keep the entire house of cards from collapsing.

If this lasts long enough, the grifters age out of the group and are slowly replaced by true believers who don't realize leaders aren't supposed to drink the cool-aid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

All this sounds too good to be true, but maybe...

But Ukraine was already fighting two "armies" how is this supposed to be worse especially if they're also distracted fighting each other

No, but, see, now the Real Russian Army will be entering the fight. And then the army of Belarus will flank the Special Operation Zone through France! No-one saw this coming!

Meanwhile, the Russian stock market just went into freefall. I think. Hard to tell, it's only been a few hours. I'm seeing a lot of red down arrows and no green ups. The Russian Bear Market.

HonorableTB posted:

russian stonks sinking faster than the moskva

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 23, 2023

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

EorayMel posted:

Any mosin nagants involved in this coup attempt are gonna be worth at least one lada if they survive

The old "Demonstration model won't start" Lada?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6NRM1P6Fno

Or the new "Demonstration model won't start" Lada?
https://www.reddit.com/r/WatchPeopleDieInside/comments/14d5trx/brand_new_lada_refuses_to_start_in_front_of/

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
So when does Russia trigger Article 4 of the CSTO?

"Similar to Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty and the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance, Article 4 of the Collective Security Treaty (CST) establishes that an aggression against one signatory would be perceived as an aggression against all."

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

kecske posted:

do not pursue Lu Bu Yevgeny Prigozhin 

In Soviet Russia, Prigozhin pursues you!

Edit: How angry do you think Putin is right now? On a scale of "absolutely livid" to "Can crush a submarine with blood pressure alone".

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 24, 2023

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Look it was not a coup. It was disgruntled Patriots making their vision clear. That's not a coup clearly Russia is stronger than ever and the war in Ukraine will continue without delay.

Speed limits are just very strictly enforced in Russia. Speeding? Drunk driving? Get shot at by helicopters. It is only natural that drivers arm themselves with AA then. It's an option for the new LDA model. It even comes with air-conditioning!

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Anders posted:

I think the Baltics would be a better staging ground tbh - and would neutralize the north sea fleet that's effectively the only major force multiplier Russia has left

At this point it is clear we can just take the bus from Riga to Moscow.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rou...chrome&ie=UTF-8

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 26, 2023

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
https://goo.gl/maps/GsreLrYLfM5sVZam9

Bleak.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Burns posted:

Its probably much simpler than that. They drove a dump truck full of money to him and he backed off. Dont ever forget that for Russians this entire war is about money ans stealing everything from Ukraine.

His stated reason for starting this rebellion though are:

1. Russia's not trying hard enough to win. More warcrimes, full mobilizzzation.

2. The reasons given for starting the war (Nazi's, demilitarisation, NATO expansion) were all lies, its about rich Russians plundering Ukraine like they plundered Luhansk, Donets and Crimea. (Also all of Russia.)

3. The Russian Ministry of Defense is getting Russian and Wagner soldiers killed in far greater amounts than is reported. Russia is losing while claiming to be winning.

4. Whenever Wagner gets a win the MOD claims it as a Russian military win, says nothing about Wagner involvement, then stops supplying Wagner with ammo and artillery/air support for a while, so Wagner stops winning so much.

See page 433:

spankmeister posted:

This is a pretty interesting discussion but meanwhile the fight between Wagner and the MoD went hot and it sure looks like Prigozhin is staging a coup.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672314259907158028

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 26, 2023

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Has he ever spoken so disrespectfully of his President? Is this a test to see how much power Putin has lost over the weekend?
Or is he tired of living and looking for a new, exiting and very short career as high-rise window inspector?

Ah, he's retired and no longer in government. He's part of a social movement that wants Russia to war harder in Ukraine.
Still won't save him. Oligarch Sergei Protosenya and his family were murdered in Spain in 2022. Putin holds a grudge way better than he holds his diarrhea.

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 26, 2023

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
edit: Nope, maybe that was a different thread?

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Gnoman posted:

Swiss policy is that they'll sell weapons in peacetime, but providing weapons to nation currently in a shooting war is taking a side, and Swiss policy is to never take sides.

The lesson we, and every buyer of Swiss military equipment, are learning. Is that during a war the Swiss will stop selling you spare parts. Because neutrality.
And now there's some buyers regret.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

GABA ghoul posted:

I'm gonna be honest: this Putin guy doesn't seem very honest to me. Constantly flip flopping on everything, lies all the time, never any consistency, lots of weaseling. Don't know if we should trust him.

Spoken like a russophobic, decadent, HATO, homonazi westoid. You should believe everything President Putin says. Today. Ignore what he said yesterday. It doesn't conflict with what he says today because he didn't say anything yesterday.

Prigozin is a 'Hero of the Russian Federation', and a terrorist traitor, and a loyal mercenary making Russia stronger rooting out traitors, and banished to Africa Belarus. Where he will be assassinated for his treason. While he trains the troops of Lukashenko. Because Wagner PMC are recruiting in Russian cities. And prisons. And they're banished. And they're joining the Russian Army. And returning to their positions in Ukraine, while being dispersed among the troops in Ukraine. But rejoice! Wagner will not be in Ukraine anymore!

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

HonorableTB posted:

I can't figure out what the gently caress that silver looking thing is. It looks like a DIY turbojet lol

A helicopter unguided missile pod.

E: beaten like Russia will be.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
So, if I'm Russian. Russian news would give me the impression that Ukraine, a failed state with no national identity, run by the jewish mafia, has a larger military than the Russian Federation.

"Destroyed 15 aircraft, three helicopters and 920 pieces of armor".

Armies of the world:

1. Ukriane
2. Russia
3. The US?

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh man have the French shot down 7 military aircraft already? I knew French protesters were hardcore.

What were those aircraft doing in that neighborhood anyway? And dressed to kill? They were asking for it!

This would never have happened in Russia. Where helicopters know their place and dress conservatively.

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 4, 2023

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Dwesa posted:

Fontanka reports that Prigozhin’s driver, who had been granted power of attorney, came to collect the money on July 2. A total of ten billion rubles ($111m) and hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash, as well as five bars of gold.

Wow! Het had a lot of cash squirreled away. It must have been pretty sour for the investigators to hand over the nine billion rubles ($100m) and a hundred of thousand of dollars in cash, as well as four bars of gold.

You could build some dacha's with that. With yachts in the pool!

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Futanari Damacy posted:

There are no words to describe the criminality of Ukraine's leadership in creating a situation where the country can have no future by taking on such ruinous debt.

The state's very existence is in peril, and the greatest threat is coming from within.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This troll's getting some mileage out of a 2 sentence post!

It was not Ukraine that marched on Moscow in a day.
It was not NATO that marched on Moscow in a day.
It was not Finland that marched on Moscow in a day.
The state's very existence is in peril, and the greatest threat is coming from within.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:lol: What? How do you manage that?

HonorableTB posted:

E: also, equipment malfunctions due to age and neglect are starting to take a serious toll on deployed russians. Lots of videos going round of mortars blowing up on use, and not (always) because the mobik dropped the shell in backwards.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Tigey posted:

True in the longer-term, but the more immediate aim is to put pressure on African (and other developing nation) governments, into demanding an immediate cease fire so that the grain starts flowing again.

Those governments aren't going to care that the grain crisis was deliberately manufactured and exacerbated by Russia for this purpose, and that it wouldn't ensure 'peace', but a temporary freezing on Russian terms until they feel ready to try again. All they ultimately care about is grain prices coming down to relieve domestic pressures.

Russia can't exert enough economic leverage over the West to force a settlement (they tried and failed miserably with gas), so have reverted to an indirect strategy of pressuring weaker, non-Western governments, in the hope they will make calls for peace at any cost, or call for a new Grain Deal on Russian terms (ie: lifting of sanctions). Russian elites don't care that as a result many tens of millions of people across Africa will struggle, suffer, that it will cause political upheaval and maybe even starvation in those countries and turn refugees.

gently caress, that's their aim. The more suffering they can cause, the more pressure those governments will feel, and the more vocal they become.

Is it not just as likely those African countries will pressure, or try to pressure, Russia into stopping their invasion? They already buy security services from Wagner and are closer to China and Russia than to the EU and US.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

McGavin posted:

...provided those means allow Russia to retain all the territory it occupied, regardless of what happens to the former inhabitants. They were all Nazis anyways.

And none of them will draw a parallel to white people colonizing the "savages"? Granted хохол is about hairstyle, not skin colour. But it should be very obvious that Ukraine wants to sell their grain and it is Russia that's stopping them. I have a little faith in our southern neighbors.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
They will be welcomed as liberators!

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The US bombed the Kerch bridge.

Yeah I said it what

IT WAS THE PERFIDOUS FRENCH!!11!1!

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Coolguye posted:

by comparison, there's exactly 0 chance that any incursion into poland would hamstring any strategic response from anyone, even if wagner somehow rolled up and took warsaw.

Experience has taught Wagner that if they can get withing 2 hours from Warsaw, then NATO will roll over and give Wagner everything they ask for. They'll even get to retire to Portugal!

HATO will fall like a house of domino's! Checkmate Westoids!

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

You can look up old user avs at https://goons.neocities.org/

I found yours

OwlFancier posted:

Just in case anyone doesn't know, you can access people's avatar history by loading up their avatar as a new page, then reducing the last number and changing the file extension. The forums for some reason just increments your avatar number every time you change it per-file extension.

Such as josef's roly poly shark

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I would like to offer my balls as a nuclear deterrent since willos are off-limits

Would thursday work for you? Or until Medvedev threatens to use nukes again? So, *checks notes*, today?

https://kyivindependent.com/medvedev-threatens-nuclear-retaliation-should-ukraine-win-war/

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Coolguye posted:

i think i like it when military hqs go boom

not civilian stuff go boom

maybe i dum tho

It's best if the suffering of the Russian people comes from other Russians. Let them look around and see the ones conscripting their sons and husbands is other Russians. Blame shortages on the Russian Government. The Duma can blame sanctions, but the average citizen will just blame their local government.

Quietly though. Speaking ill of the armed forces is a crime now, you know.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

HonorableTB posted:

Ukraine War: A second drone has hit the tower

Mods? Weg?

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

live dangerously, cite nothing, spread disinformation, do squats, eat oats, putin is a piece of poo poo

Quality shippost.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

shadow puppet of a posted:

Every small arms caliber you add delays the forward operating deployment of the mobile armored Burger King by oh-12:00 hours.

Can we combine them? Free ammunition as a gift with every Happy Meal! Order a Double Wopper and onion rings now and receive extra ammunition of your caliber of choice.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

NihilCredo posted:

I'm gonna banish myself to the unnamed tankie forum for this, but I don't think I like Luxembourg's chances there.

The Russians got lost along the way because they sold the GPS. Then requested more money for fuel as the money reserved for that never arrived. Half the troops are missing uniforms and armaments and the other half are in trucks with rotten axels, tires and engines that haven't seen maintenance since 1953.

Meanwhile, the Grand Duke flies his ~1100 troops to Moscow and Putin gives him a side hustle training the army of Belarus, and a complimentary diamond mine in the Central African Republic.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Armacham posted:

What the gently caress is a fish bloc

Families of Russian mobilized on Sakhalin will be given 5 kilograms of fish - the head of the regional executive committee of "United Russia".

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Aug 10, 2023

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

bratwurst massage posted:

Too bad Ukrain still suffers massive corruption

In Russia, corruption gets you a mansion and a yacht.

In Ukraine, corruption gets you fired.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Barudak posted:

Homeopathic Bridge Defense

Title please!

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Flavahbeast posted:

Barack HUSSEIN Obama :bahgawd:

Hillary RODHAM Clinton.

Sounds like a biker.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wait let me get this straight. Putin held an emergency meeting about the economy collapsing then is going to mobilize the work force into the army? How is that going to stave off collapse???

The (degaynerate, masculess) Westnoids have high unemployment. The (Glorious, Ever Victorious) Russians just gave everyone jobs!

DIG THE TRENCH, MEAT!

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Pookah posted:

I've been looking for an interview I saw, that was from just after Russia invaded Ukraine.
It was on Dozhd, and it was with Dmitry Muratov. The main thing I remember was the interviewer asking him what he thought the future held for Russia, and he said something like "there is no future", and the interviewer looked like she was on the brink of tears :(
Anyone else see it?

Was it one of these?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/exclusive-ukraine-will-never-forgive-russia-russian-nobel-laureate-2022-09-23/

"You many want to forgive everything, but you click in the search engine: Mariupol, Irpin or Bucha. And you can't forgive a goddamn thing anymore," Muratov said. "Every step of this war, every crime and every shot, every torn scrotum will now remain forever."

https://genevasolutions.news/global-news/dmitry-muratov-russia-had-a-future-many-think-it-has-no-more

"Russia, what a country it was! She had a future, and now many believe she has none. The war has awakened the worst in people. "

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

ZeusCannon posted:

Every time I see this thread has a bunch of posts I come in hoping for bridge death. And instead it's just av buying weirdos.

So that's nice.

This aged well.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

From the way it's falling it doesn't necessarily look like engine failure but idk I'm not an aircraft mechanic

Air India uses brakes, reverse thrust and landing gear. Russia just lithobrakes.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
RIP Prigozhin. BUKed a flight and died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Der Spiegel is a german tabloid though. They're doing this to make russian? money.