Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

late is v.fashionable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jakabite posted:

I’d be interested to know what arguments posters on that side of things actually have for the Wehrmacht comparison not being valid? I can’t actually work out what the argument there is and all I’ve seen so far is ‘so you’re saying these are exactly the same’ which isn’t really the case.

I think it's just talking about nazis all the time is lame. Not as lame as using it as an excuse for your genocidal war though lol

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

My fiancee has a British cookbook and theres an entire section devoted to beans on things beans shouldn't be on

like baked beans or other beans?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2HY50xw3WU

no joke this is every talk with a Z-moron i have a misfortune of having

I've learned from star wars nerds that they intentionally made Dukat very explicitly and obviously evil in that episode because idiots kept liking the brutal war criminal because his actor was too charismatic

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

beer_war posted:

Wrap it up, Ukrainailures, it's all over.

It's weird because the video evidence is like 4-5 vehicles in a field. It could very well have been a failed ukraine attack but not exactly the counter offensive, so dunno why it would make the news on the BBC even with all the 'russia claims' added.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Hadn't russia threatened to blow up the dam before and I thought it was reported as rigged with explosives?

edit - I could be mixing it up with any number of civilian infrastructure russia has threatened to destroy to be fair

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jun 6, 2023

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

One of the wildest things about Russian propaganda efforts is that they are not really sure how to cope with an actual war. They're used to wars on a far smaller scale, and in much smaller scale wars blowing up a few tanks are killing 100 guys basically defines the battlefield. However in a war of maneuvering like the one we are currently in, it takes far more for a counteroffensive to actually be stopped. So Russia brags about killing 1,000 guys and they think that that is somehow enough to convince Ukraine that it's time to end the war. It is not and clearly the propaganda is not capable of comprehending that. I mean Hitler and his boys were claiming to be wiping out entire army groups and losing a company, even though this is extremely weak and clearly bullshit it's far more understandable than what is happening in russia. There bragging about one leopard getting blown up like it's going to change the entire face of the war.

that's what i was confused about when they were going on about how they beat the ukraine counter offensive by blowing up like 10 vehicles over 3 days. like the counter offensive probably involves 100,000+ troops

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I doubt there's been an actual plan since their idea of blitzkrieging kyiv and taking out the government in 3 days. The rest has been some weird appeasement to Putin because otherwise you'll have a whoopsie and fall out of a building.

I will say with all the talk of how incompetent Russia is it's kinda incredible that Putin must of assassinated/arrested everyone who'd be a potential threat because how the gently caress has no one found a guard or lackey who's brave enough to put a bullet in him.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

E: DONT BAIT ME!!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

There's no point arguing with them. It's the same with Trump supporters or Anti-vaxxers, they're looking to get a rise out of confrontation and don't care about reality. just let them get probed.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

This is loving nuts. You can't just like declare a armed uprising and march on a capitol, can you? you'd get bombed. Wagner guy has to be utterly loving nuts or knows something.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If you're part of Wagner now you're pretty hosed if you think about it. No way is Putin gonna let anyone in Wagner go free. Prigozhin doesn't have to worry about loyalty because if he doesn't win it's a death sentence because you're guilty by association.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Putin has been treating the army like poo poo right? If your a soldier no way are you going to want to fight other Russians when you hear stories about people not getting paid, being treated as cannon fodder and their families getting a fish block in compensation when you get turned to mulch. It's amazing Putin has lasted this long after a year of military failure and wrecking the economy.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

A force with no planes and no long range capability has taken two oblasts and is moving towards the capital with little-no resistance. There are thousands of nuclear weapons in Russia. This is Cyberpunk. This is the future. Welcome.

We can't really be sure what Wagner has or doesn't have. There's no way this was a spur of a moment thing in response to being bombed last night, this poo poo must of been planned for months.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

are these guys the instagram warriors who are always fighting empty buildings

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Mrs. Dash posted:

If it's legit I assume that means nobody in the russian military was siding with him and he decided his 2-5k man convoy trying to take Moscow alone had worse survival chances than an agreement with putin and spending the rest of his life avoiding rooms with windows.

yeah.. but like it's a death sentence now, no matter what Putin agrees to most of those Wagner soldiers are gonna end up dead. Backing off is insane.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

Putin apparently capitulating to Wagner's demands to reshuffle the MOD does not bode well for his strong man image. Putin rules by fear and at this point more than a few people must be thinking "if this Wagner dude can pull a stunt like this unopposed and get what he wants, maybe I can rock the boat as well"

That's why Prigozhin is going to turn up dead within a few weeks time. I just can't really see another outcome.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

greatBigJerk posted:

Or everyone involved is just really loving stupid.

this could be it

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

InsertPotPun posted:

look this is all great analysis and all but can anyone phrase it as if it were a marvel movie?

Imagine if Hawkeye got pissed off that he was the worst Avenger and decided to murder Captain America and sieze control, but then at the last moment chickened out and decided to bail. Then Captain America arranged a snow plough 'accident' but i don't think we're that far along yet.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Godrey I'm gonna boil down your post. "Russia should be able to do bad things because it's hypocritical that America can. And it's a shame that anti-russian sentiment will be worse in Ukraine." Anyone who holds the idea that America is exceptional, gets a pass, or the positives outweigh the negatives (such as patrolling everyones shipping lanes for them) and so and so on....well, they're an idiot. America is bad.

And when another nation does it, it's still wrong. A war of imperialism is wrong. I support Ukraine because they are fighting for their self-determination. I hope that clears things up.

And yeah it's a shame anti-russian sentiment will be worse in Ukraine. Seriously. It really is! Maybe they shouldn't have committed genocide against them in the past, and tried again in the current date though. I think Russia should stop the war, and then pay reparations. It won't bring anyone back but an apology is better than nothing and healing can begin.

I don't think Godrey was saying that to be honest but i'm slightly confused why anyone would be concerned about how Ukraine civilians feel towards the Russians after the war while Russia is currently committing genoicide on a civilian populace.

also, his post was a bit weird with stuff like- "hypocritical liars of the Rules Based International Order + american homogenisation". like i think Godrey you need to chill a bit. BUT i think people are being a bit reactionary towards him as his post wasn't pro-russian.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

countdown to them dumping a bunch of old t-34s and tractors outside some embassies by accident

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If people are Pro-russia they must have already became OK with the targeted genocide of a civilian populace so a genoicide against LGBTQ people is not going to bother them.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Beard Dandruff posted:

Thats an odd way to describe stringing along Ukraine so that they continue to send waves of conscripts into an artillery fueled meat grinder?

Ah yes, it be much better to surrender so Russia could ban transgendered people from existing in Ukraine too. That's something you want?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Mokotow posted:

Another SA success story - one of our ex forum members is back in Ukraine, training soldiers.

good to hear Caro is still alive

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Whoever's doing the avatar stuff, while it's funny, should genuinely seek some help and take a break off the internet. It's weird pal! talk to friends and family in real life about stuff.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It would be fascinating to find out wtf Prigozhin was thinking with the rebellion and then everything what happened afterwards. I can only assume he realized he was hosed and the rebellion wasn't going to work so had no other choice but to live on some borrowed time? but still, it seems like he had loads of chances to GTFO and try to disappear. maybe he legit thought Putin was gonna go soft on him because they used to be friends lol

it's all so dumb, everything about this war is stupid.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

kemikalkadet posted:

It’s a traditional British crisp flavour

Rust Martialis posted:

Forloren pindsvin

i think i remember this thing from the cursed image thread. at least i now know what it's supposed to be!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

tiaz posted:

I mean they tried it in the very beginning with that fake video of ostensibly ukrainian infantry attacking their positions, filmed from the ukrainian perspective with dudes in mismatched uniforms (none of which were ukrainian iirc) firing tracers at something offscreen
absolutely nobody found it convincing so it was memory holed I guess

I remember the video of the guy who apparently had his leg blown off by Ukranian artillery pre-invasion but he was a terrible actor and you could see an attachment for his prosthetic leg.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

even if you're some sort of "the truth is somewhere in the middle!!" dumbass how much of a pathetic idiot you must be to try and argue that forcing people to change their names is good actually and is something to do with nazism??? like oh my loving god log off.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

is that tank gonna be okay? :ohdear:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

A famous cat torturer has been confirmed killed after being recruited to the invasion from prison: the case of Кузю the cat apparently drew national attention in Russia, a statue of Кузю was erected in St. Petersburg: https://russianfreepress.com/2022/11/07/in-st-petersburg-yesterday-opened-a-monument-to/

Some are celebrating Lavrentyev's death, others are saying he atoned for killing the cat when he signed up to kill Ukrainians

i hope this isn't blood lust but i'm personally glad the cat torturer is dead IMO

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Tai posted:

Uh oh. Speaking out against the Government that your dad shills for.

Weird phrase with "even Orwell would be sick by now." as if the guy was super fashy. Like no, i think the guy who wrote 1984 would be immediately sick of fascism in any form.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Coolguye posted:

i'm FAIRLY sure that's a 'waif in his underwear' style quirk from russian to english. she's being translated directly but the cultural context is that orwell would have gone through the various phases of 'such is life' before getting actually sick from the putinesque crap, and as a writer who has thought about it a lot, orwell would have a lot of "such is life" to go through since he's thought of every ramificaftion 20 other people have.

i've never actually seen the other side of "such is life" described as being sick though so it's entirely possible i'm wrong.

That makes sense and I'm just being picky

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Dwesa posted:

everyone knows toilets should be OUTSIDE the school

i...i...is this a joke?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Der Kyhe posted:

Navalny was one of the other brands of "Russia should be allowed to draw its own borders"-buffoons, so not exactly a huge loss from the viewpoint of countries bordering Russia.

But more interesting questions is 'why now?'; The guy was already a write-off, spending rest of his life in jail unless Putin's regime topples, so why poison the guy now instead of using him as a living reminder for the people with similar ideas. Now there is a chance that he becomes a martyr to factions opposing Putin, and that surely cannot be what the ol' shitpants wants.

the conditions might of been so bad he might of just died without them directly poisoning him again. it's still murder but the timing might not have any significance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

how about a tank which is filled with drones. thank me later NATO.