Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Just the usual petty bullshit from the Kremlin, Prigozhin suggesting possible 'betrayal' over lack of ammunition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmao at Solovyov looking more and more gaunt lately as reality dawns after a year of spouting absolute bollocks.

Feb 2022:

Mar 2023:

HonorableTB posted:

this guy is going to get erased so hard it's gonna look like that photo of Stalin with the guys he had liquidated and edited out of the shot

:thunk:

Squirrel has always been available in some restaurants here. There are millions of the bastards, we'd be stupid not to eat them.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

HonorableTB posted:

Also, remember this about Solovyov, always:

The 12 Months of Special Military Fanaticism.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

:golfclap:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

For those who’d know. Do shaped charge warheads actually have to be moving at any speed to do their thing? Or can you just gently touch the nose to something and set it off?

In regards to something like HEAT rounds, the shell velocity is pretty irrelevant outside of actually wanting to hit your target in the first place. The projectile connects and then the magic happens.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Additional spaced/composite armour usage (e.g. along the lines of Chobham and Dorchester armour) on Western tanks such as CR2 and M1A2 has done a lot to reduce effectiveness of HEAT shells.

NOTE: Packing empty egg boxes onto your T-72 T-64 T-62M T-55A will not produce similar results to NATO technology.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 14, 2023

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The few Russians I know have all left Russia, most doing so shortly after Lil' Shitpants ordered the invasion.

That little baldy dwarf twat has destroyed his own country for nothing.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Borscht posted:

Y'all ever hear the one about the bear and the lamb making GBS threads side by side in the woods?

The bear looks over at the lamb and says: "do you ever get that thing where little pieces of poop get stuck in your fur?'

The lamb answers "no, never. You have pieces of poop stuck to your butt?"

The bear says, "not anymore" and wipes his rear end with the lamb
Courtesy of my uncle.
I always heard it as a bear and a rabbit.

HonorableTB posted:

The very worst toilet paper I ever had in my life came from a Saint Petersburg hypermarket near Grazhdansky Prospekt metro station (I was living at IMOP at the time) and it was Lambi. This poo poo.

It was the dryest, roughest poo poo ticket I've ever had in my life. You could see the wood pulp fibers in the paper. I could feel the pulp on my poor butthole. i do not blame putin for just making GBS threads his pants if all he has to use is Lambi
My old workplace had the cheapest garbage for toilet paper, you had to layer it about ten times and still be really loving careful else it'd immediately tear mid-wipe; if you tried making it anywhere close to comfortable to use it'd invariably be too much and just block the toilet. loving awful.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lol, lmao

The US will just unpack another Reaper and set it off to resume daily routines. Russia ain't exactly going to be replacing Moskva and 510 crewmen any time soon, if ever.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Pooh Bear arrives in Moscow and this poo poo is on sale in the streets:

lmao

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Xi's got a look like, "This time next year this'll be my summer home, you sad little tit".

Also whole lot of power coming from Putin slumped over and looking at the floor there. Real show of strength alongside your supposed ally who's sitting upright and literally looking down on you.

lol at Putin's ill-fitting outfit too. Looks like it was made to measure one of his smaller body doubles.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The Nazis had to use wooden planes at the end of the war with glue that would eat the wood because they couldn't get or manufacture metal planes quick enough..

He-162, designed in a way that'd match the current Russian ground tactics perfectly i.e. send a wave of untrained pilots out on a one-way trip to shoot down as much as possible before their aircrafts loving disintegrate.

Britain however had long been using wooden planes that actually worked, and to great success.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The way he suddenly jerks upright / to the left suggests it was a lot worse than that. Stroke or an aneurysm or heart attack possible?

Yet another episode of Solovyov's unhinged nuclear-talk bullshit was sending him to sleep and as he jolted back into conscoiusness he failed to keep his balance.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I can only imagine the T-54/55 units being dragged out of storage will be used for the shittiest indirect fire purposes, i.e. warcrime artillery on civillian infrastructure. If they're actually going to be used as frontline combat units then they're all nothing more than novelty coffins for four mobiks at a time, and to be honest I can see a few of them being used exactly for this purpose for no reason other than an attempt to drain Ukraine's NLAW/Javelin stocks.

Tuna-Fish posted:

IIRC they still had some T-55:s nominally in service in 2000. Maybe some of their ammo is not totally decayed yet?
On that note the IS-2 --- an even older tank -- was (for some loving reason) still in service with the Russian army until ~1995, so we can probably expect to see what few remaining examples of this tank remain turn up soon too.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BlancoNino posted:

Aren't some of the new IFV's cannons/munitions capable of penetrating the older tanks hulls, if not the turrets? I know they aren't widely used by Ukranians quite yet, but they are certainly out there.

free hubcaps posted:

Yeah. The CV-90s in particular that Ukraine is getting from Sweden have a pretty nasty 40mm AP round iirc.

Anyone being crammed into these decrepit old Soviet tanks, regardless of which "modernisation" (lmao) package they receive, is hosed the moment they're within range of a Western IFV.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

zone posted:

Perkele, time to bring out the molotovs and logs just like in the Winter War to deal with Russia's ancient tanks

Just leave some sausage soup out to deal with any infantry advances.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

zone posted:

M-55s that Slovenia gave em, yep. Uparmored, better electronics, and thermal sights thrown in.

Upgunned too, from that lovely 100mm D-10 to a shiny 105mm L7.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Drone_Fragger posted:

It's the optics. If your tank blows up 1000 metres before you can even see the enemy tank then it doesn't matter if the enemy tank didn't have armour on.

Yeah some poo poo-rear end T-62M isn't going to stand much of a chance against a Leopard 1A5 when it comes to who sees who first.

Goptiks vs Optics :buddy:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmao

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65015289

Russian authorities riled up by child's drawing.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

All this talk of Steven Seagal "training" Russian recruits and all I can think is "training them in what? Running with weird flappy arms?"

That being said nowadays the fat prick looks like he can barely run a bath without exhausting himself, never mind the length of a shallow zig-zag trench. Maybe he's just teaching them the art of sitting down a lot.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

EorayMel posted:

Also if you're seriously in a situation where you can kill the other guy in a battlefield with sick hand-to-hand combat moves, why not just pull out a pistol and shoot the other guy?
Makes me think of that infuriating game "General Chaos" where one of your dudes would get into a fist-fight with an enemy and start winning, only for the fucker to do exactly this and shoot your guy in the face.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Arc Hammer posted:

Advanced combat tactics with Steven Seagull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p2v2bjfgr0

:lmao:

The loving clown.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

the holy poopacy posted:

This one actually seems useful? Not going to disguise the fact that there's a trench or stop anything aimed at it, but if drones can't make out targets in the trench then dropping grenades blindly and hoping there's someone beneath them isn't going to do much.

Counterpoint: limited number of nets due to corruption means that all deployed nets will in fact have mobiks hiding under them.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Pablo Bluth posted:

The Three Day War.

The Three day week month season arbitrary factors War

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Tarquinn posted:

Why do we only see them (badly) fortifying the beaches? Are they that sure that an attack will come from that direction or are they convinced that their sad little plaster pyramids are insurmountable?

Genuinely curious if some of the local authorities in such parts of Russia are expecting an amphibious assault made up of a division of these things:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Unclear, but thanks to the Russians we know that it takes one crocodile to defeat an armoured cruiser.

(grab some popcorn and listen to the Lions Led By Donkeys episode on the Voyage of the Damned. https://soundcloud.com/user-798629330/episode-121-russo-japanese-war-part-3-the-voyage-of-the-damned)

Every time I see anything related to the 2nd Pacific Squadron I just mouth "Kamchatka" and start giggling. That loving boat and its crew were way ahead of the Battlefield 2 "ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED"-style griefing.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

FMguru posted:

no
                                 /

lmao

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Welcome to the top-secret clubhouse, Finland!

:finland:

Good job Shitler now you have to watch double the border length against the so-called NATO "threat".

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

And of course what would the day be without a little threats from the innocent little guys next door.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Watch out Finland, you're about to see your border with Russia get dotted with 1,400km of Concrete Cope Cones and one dude with a Chinese-made air rifle guarding them all.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

What the gently caress is that statue supposed to even be?!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

mobby_6kl posted:

I think that's a statue of him lol

Imagine the last thing you see before you die is a crap 3D-printed model of yourself wearing an old uneven soup bowl as a hat.

Edit:

I'm in loving tears laughing at this ugly piece of poo poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Toxic Mental posted:

That video is like Finnish masaokis

Every now and then I remember "Omelet for Obama" and start wheezing at the idea of how Masaokis tried softening egg shells with a whisk but set his kitchen alight instead.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Tarkus posted:

Don't forget, he thought egg shells were the egg whites because they're white. That always gets me. Masaokis is truly a treasure.

There's also the time he tried melting bananas.

lmao it's true though!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

mobby_6kl posted:

what bridge??

Some more blessed propaganda

(myth/reality)

MIF

Yeah I'd be pretty miffed about NATO submarines too if my own Navy's most famous submarine was only that because of an incident which saw it sink and kill everyone on board. Oh and then there was Vladolf Shitler "politely declining" international assistance in locating said submarine and rescuing any possible survivors for several days because it would have ruined his holiday.

Can't accept help from the West in a crisis, that would be gay or something.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Sashimi posted:

I can't imagine the sorts of hours utility workers must be putting in to keep the lights on after Putin's many temper tantrums.

It's commendable and I can't help but admire Ukraine's unwavering resilience while also laughing my nuts off at the idea of Putin crawling up his loving walls apoplectic with rage every time someone reports "Ukraine still exists".

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Tai posted:

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1644893058259984385

15 mins of smalldickenergy

Token weather guy makes a cameo

The thumbnail though!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Imagine being the poor fucker who has to work on the suspension.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Somewhere there are Russian engineers trying to fit an engine in a Maus hull captured in 1944.

That "somewhere" would also happen to be Kubinka :v:

(Said Maus would also need just about everything else reinstalled too, it's a big steel husk.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's all part of Putin's masterplan for his defence of Moscow; the Obj. 279 will drive around on parade, digging trenches into the road along the way, all around the Kremlin.