Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

posting to bookmnarkl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Italian finance bro

gross

Apr 7, 2003

19 o'clock posted:

let's make a bank, dupe a bunch of customers, pay ourselves, buy a bunch of long term-bonds with the balance (from our friends' companies), and then the FED can come in and cover the deposits when it snaps.

then the employees (also friends) can hang around and explain the grift at 150% salary for 45 days to help offload the mess we create.

looooove this poo poo

Spoken like a poor

Apr 7, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Europe has had a very warm winter which helped keep natural gas prices down globally.

meanwhile I'm paying a hundred bucks more a month for natural gas since January

Apr 7, 2003

They're bailing this bank out a week after taking food away from the needy. Nice society we've got here

Apr 7, 2003

My last employer just subleased five floors of space they no longer need because the people who occupied them are permanently WFH now.

Apr 7, 2003

sullat posted:

Why can't they can't meet up in the Metaverse office instead?

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Casey Finnigan posted:

my dad supported my whole dipshit family with an 8th grade italian education and a ged

mama mia!

Apr 7, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

First Republic down 20%, Western Alliance down 13%, even the big ones like Goldman are down close 5%. A nice start.

all time highs by end of day

Apr 7, 2003

Mirthless posted:

Hard to believe this is real tbh

why?

Apr 7, 2003

"i'm shocked that people who will never be held accountable for anything ever are mocking the system that refuses to hold them accountable"

Apr 7, 2003

Nothus posted:

Didn't they do to them what they did to GM? Create a new entity with the same name, move all the valuable assets to the new entity while leaving all the debts with the old entity, allow the old entity to get liquidated, then keep on truckin.

GMAC is Ally now, yeah

Apr 7, 2003

Credit Pisse

Apr 7, 2003

Der Meister posted:

this says over 90% of SVB’s depositors had over 250k?????? what?????

they were the fart app company payroll bank

Apr 7, 2003

Buffer posted:

That's a hell of a thing to post as the poster child of moral hazard possibly explodes.

Incentivizing our failson investor class to take bigger and bigger risks is good, actually

Apr 7, 2003

We can only reach Ultimate Innovation when the Innovators know they never be penalized for anything ever

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

the only thing keeping inflation under 6 or 7%

why are prices still going up if energy is cratering ??

because gently caress you

Apr 7, 2003

Mein Gott!

Apr 7, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

I thought HSBC was the crime bank. Or was that DB?

they're all crime banks

Apr 7, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

woulda been so much funnier if we got a woke bailout

https://twitter.com/semafor/status/1636045008552837135

It must kick rear end to be one of these GOP talking heads, when something like a bank failure happens you just scream that it happened because the bank is too gay or whatever and within a few days half the country is repeating your bullshit.

Apr 7, 2003

Crazypoops posted:

Bunch of dipshit failsons hyped themselves into a complete collapse of the global economy

I didn't know we had that sort of power

Apr 7, 2003

Apr 7, 2003

i am harry posted:

one has what looks like laser robot thrusters under the wing and a fat guy in glasses in the back seat going "WooOOAAAAAHH"

That’s me

Apr 7, 2003

oi a chav nicked me eelbucks

Apr 7, 2003

Junkiebev posted:

remember the sturm und drang around TARP, priced @800 Billie?

simpler times…

Lol the "Paycheck" Protection Program grift was $930b

Apr 7, 2003

lol oh boy is that huge

especially since most people get sick days rolled into vacation as general PTO anymore

Apr 7, 2003

miss your productivity numbers because you're sick all the time (because we let a disease run rampant)? We're taking your sick time away, eat poo poo.

Apr 7, 2003

webcams for christ posted:

this is extremely grim and will be felt by workers almost immediately jesus

At a previous workplace of mine I can see a whole bunch of women start missing "performance metrics" and losing their PTO because they don't acquiesce to the weird sexual harassment culture there

Apr 7, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol

"sorry team, our entire business unit didn't meet EBIT for the fiscal year so we're cutting PTO in half for all employees below senior manager level" might actually get a VP murdered

probably not tho

The American worker is the most perfectly docile herd animal to ever exist so no

Apr 7, 2003

Industry newsletter I can't directly link to wrt to the coming Medicaid apocalypse:

quote:

Most states (43 of 49 reporting states) plan to take 12 to 14 months to complete the unwinding process and return to routine operations. Taking more time to initiate and complete the unwinding process can help avoid overwhelming staff resources and prevent inappropriate terminations but could maintain enrollment for potentially ineligible people for longer, according to the KFF analysis.

The KFF survey of state Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) officials finds that many states are using an array of strategies to promote continuity of coverage, while other states have adopted policies that may make it harder for people who are still eligible to retain coverage. Staffing shortages and systems limitations could also affect whether eligible enrollees are able to remain enrolled, according to KFF.

KFF has estimated that enrollment in Medicaid and CHIP will have grown by 23.3 million enrollees, to nearly 95 million, by the end of March when the continuous enrollment provision expires. Millions of beneficiaries are expected to be disenrolled over the next year, including some who are no longer eligible for Medicaid and others who still qualify but lose coverage due to administrative paperwork problems.

In the new survey, the one-third of states that were able to report projected coverage losses estimate that about 18% of Medicaid enrollees will be disenrolled after the continuous enrollment provision ends.

A> ~28% of Americans, period, were on Medicaid in 2022
B> The states are going to deliberately throw 18% of them off in the coming year

cool

Apr 7, 2003

95 million Americans are on a medical assistance program meant for the destitute.

Apr 7, 2003

Mirthless posted:

Headline is clickbaiting

The ruling isnt about productivity, the hospital docked PTO because people weren't meeting their scheduled hours. It's still a poo poo ruling with poo poo implications but we're not quite at "vacation is cancelled because you didnt meet handle time metrics"

yeah, that's next month

Apr 7, 2003

"Surely employers will not misinterpret a court decision to make capricious and spiteful decisions" - a brain lord

Apr 7, 2003

Correct

Apr 7, 2003

Mirthless posted:

Didn't say that, and svoiding this dumb argument is why I said it was a bad ruling with bad implications. I was just trying to temper the dumb headline.

Maybe we need more dumb headlines that get people riled up, instead of endless "everything is fine actually" poo poo while the balogna gets stolen one slice at a time.

Apr 7, 2003

Right on cue, I turn on the radio and someone on NPR is asking for $1.4b for a hospital bailout in CA.

Apr 7, 2003

telling people that homeless is caused by the cost of housing and not by drug abuse or mental illness really pisses them off lol

Apr 7, 2003

Nonsense posted:

they'll handle the funeral and everything, dump you out with all the turnip and potato skins.

Sounds awesome

Apr 7, 2003

If you tell people you can't afford a BMW they just assume you're poor

if you tell people you can't afford an apartment they assume you're mentally ill or on drugs

makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

just logged in today and saw that another bank is getting bailed out. so is it just going to be whackamole bailouts for the rest of the year or do the bank failures finally get out of control?

yes