Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hella good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

lol

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
the karl pilkington of gaming

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

DaysBefore posted:

Need a new acronym because I keep getting excited thinking people are talking about extremely win game Pillars of Eternity only to find out it's Path of Exile

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

vyelkin posted:

all-timer QCS thread was when mastershakeman made a "free taintrunner" thread without having any clue why he was banned: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3959450&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post512585094

lol holy poo poo. i missed that one

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Vim Fuego posted:

Gotta be able to tell Taint Reaper from Taintrunner :clint:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

apparently Case of the Golden Idol is getting more cases as a DLC on April 27

posting in here cos it was this thread that recommended it to me and, it was probably one of the best things I played in months

https://www.polygon.com/23691144/case-of-the-golden-idol-dlc-release-date

aw yess hell yah

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i should check out Deadfire... i liked PoE1

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Alpha Protocol IS hella jank. but it is also hella good.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Waste of Breath posted:

I'm downloading alpha protocol again rn thanks to this thread

:haibrower:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Danaru posted:

I've seen people complain about pistols being OP but magdumping into a boss' dome within half a second of the fight starting is objectively hilarious and owns

this

so satisfying

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
also feels very in character

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
they hated Craig K because they spoke the truth

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Violen posted:

is there anyone here who hasnt gotten methanars tax info

me :(

edit: lol nvm that was fast

Sally fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 13, 2023

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

pog boyfriend posted:

cdpr sucks donkey rear end at starting games. every cdpr game is absolute trash at the beginning unfortunately, but once you get in the games are incredible. witcher 1 is mad underrated also

Witcher 1 has a roooough start. took me a few tries to get into it but glad i did.

is Witcher 2 underrated? i loved that one. i think even more than 3. it felt so much focused

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
edit: ^^^^ :cheers:

any one willinh to volunteer?

Rhino? do this for us?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Rhinos make do

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
quick someone start a craft beer derail or something

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They taste like a drat flower

i like flowers. i will drink your IPAs

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Boba Pearl posted:

SPR had friends, and was a whole rear end person, with both pros and cons. If you were nice to her, you'd see a different side then if you were an asshat. What she did was reprehensible, but you can still like her and not want to see her suffer. We don't know if she bought avatars for anyone other than herself, (though I try not to think about the fact I haven't gotten one since then,) and liking someone a lot of times is about your memories with a person, rather then your feelings for them right at their lowest.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Alaois posted:

FF9 would have been better if Lani joined the party instead of Amarant

i liked amarant

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

pog boyfriend posted:

i like both of those games. theyre just in franchises that have way better games -- not their fault

it's this. most FF games are real drat good. thus when there is one that isn't real drat good it gets real drat divisive.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
every final fantasy it at least one person's favourite and one person's most hated

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Danaru posted:

The best JRPG is The 7th Saga on SNES

:goofy:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Danaru posted:

The best JRPG is The 7th Saga on SNES

looking forward to your LP of it

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Shoji Meguro is probably my fav VGM composer. his work on the SMT series really defined the entire franchise for me. the two Digital Devil Sagas are probably my fav work of his. jazzy rock guitar is my favourite kind of rpg music as it turns out.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DDS deserves a remaster

after Nocturne got a remaster I've been holding out hope.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

in a perfect world they would remaster the Raidou games with a whole new combat engine like Vanillaware did with Odin Sphere

that would rule because the Raidou games were the only PS2 SMT games i missed. the tiny game shop in the town i grew up in managed to bring in every other game but those

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

DaysBefore posted:

What's this thread even about at thisbpoint..

it's no longer a thread but an experience

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
maaaan i bought a Switch recently and it owns but it is also such a heavy burden. i already have a hundred unplayed Steam games so my partner made me promise that if i buy a new console i don't go nuts buying up games i might never play--especially as nintendo games are more expensive. so i agreed to beat my current game before buying new ones.

i think it's fair..
but ive also seen some sweet deals for future games i want to play and the temptation has been real!

anyways what are the best Switch games, thread? i grabbed Link's Awakening remake because i never beat it as a kid and I plan to get SMTV and Metroid Dread in the future, but otherwise i am seriously out of the loop when it comes to switch games

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

by all accounts i have seen Sword/Shield are the ones to get, yeah? i was intrigued by the idea of Arceus but it sounds like the execution was a bit fumbled. i am not so big a Pokemom fan that i think i would dig it...

how was new Pokemon Snap though? i liked the first a lot (played it a ton as a kid in McDonald's kid zones haha) but i always thought it was too short for a full N64 release.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Breath of the Wild & Tears of the Kingdom, Xenoblade trilogy

yeah these seem like obvious grabs too. i loved Xenoblade Chronicles so the next too are no brainers. they just long... and i become a bit of a completionist with big games. was thinking of jumping straight to 3 as i have heard it's the best of the sequels.

really want Live A Live amd Golf Story too. like those weird RPGs especially when they are shorter. (i am also looking forward to Mario RPG remake. it is partly what finally pushed me to get a Switch)

i only ever played Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time so since we seem to be in a real Zelda Renaissance it thonk it is the best time to get back in. it is partly why i picked up Link's Awakening remake first. was also looking at the Hyrule Warriors games. i have bounced off of Warriors type games before so i thought age of Calamity might be the way to go... but Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition has so much sweet looking content... i partly fear i would be suckef into that game forever haha.

TheMightyBoops posted:

Here’s a grab bag of JRPGs:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
FE 3 Houses
Xenoblade definitive edition
Phantasy Star: Sega Ages
Kowloon HS Chronicle
Labyrinth of Galleria
Chrono Cross

I think most of those are exclusive?

Edit: at least 2 of those aren’t

i fear too many big RPGs because i only have so much time and there are so many games... Fire Emblem 3 Houses is on my shortlist though. i have heard so much good about it and i have not played any modern Fire Emblems...in fact i have only played one... a translation of Fire Emblem 4 that i couldnt finish because the game crashed after the final boss died...

Mad Hamish posted:

Animal Crossing, bro.

i bounce off these types of games. i keep getting only halfway through Stardew Valley's story before stopping. i fear i would only furnish half a house before being distracted.

in short my wallet is hosed

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

mycatscrimes posted:

Play Kirby and the Forgotten Land it's pure dopamine

yeah i really want this one too :negative: my wishlist grows longer

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol so glad this thread discovered Donkey Kong War Crimes

remember: it's "Diddy's Kong Quest" and not "Diddy Kong's Quest"

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
thinkin bout zelda lore... links awakening is a lot grimmer than i thought it would be. like, i knew it was supppsed to be all a dream, but the way it plays it out is pretty ominous. all the bosses keep saying how they are going to heroically stop you from destroying the world by waking the dream fish and there's even an apocalyptic ruin that makes the same dire portent and Link just keeps at it.

like maybe because he is a mute character but he doesnt emote at all he just tirelessly marches towards the destruction of this world. and that fucken owl... that owl keeps egging me on and regarding the apocalyptic ruin murals he just says "oh but it might not be true lets wake the wind fish."

and then there's that sweet beach scene with Marin where she asks Link not to forget her. what the gently caress. this game is doing my head in but i love it.

got the final instrument though so i guess i am gping through with ending Kohilint.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Violen posted:

despite the remake being a revisit for me the presentation during the mural reveal and the face shrine immediately following it got me all over again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EVhFI_y_9w

they nailed the remix here

this was such a brilliant track but i have never heard the original... i never got past the forest as a kid when i borrowed the OG cart from a friend lol.

but yah this game rules. feels like very little chaff. very focused.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

HonorableTB posted:

so much depends
upon

a bad poo poo
glazed with big
cums

beside the perma'd
posters

a fitting rewrite since poo poo posts are pretty masturbatory by nature and wheelbarrows are used to unload by hand

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
when i was a kid we lived near a tourist beach destination that was always packed with canada geese. they were a combo of friendly and aggressive because the tourists always fed them french fries. well my dad had his friends from Newfoundland fly out to visit us and we took them to that beach park. (cw: guy killin geese in a public park) the geese walked right up to one of my dad's Newfie friends, he was a fisherman, and when they were close enough he reached out, grabbed them by the neck and quickly turned it like a crank. it was horrifying to watch as a six year old and it happened so fast he was able to grab two before my dad could stop him. the guy was thrilled. my dad quickly hustled him out of there before park services or the RCMP showed up. he made us roast geese that evening but i didnt want to try any. again, horrified six year old. anyways the moral of my story is i dunno what the gently caress they get up to im Newfoundland but i assume it's a pretty loving wild place in every sense of the word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

B33rChiller posted:

I grew up around a bunch of Newfoundlanders. This is 100% believable. Shame it was a shocking experience for yah. Probably not great for a small child, but when opportunity knocks...

I'm loving dieing over here, lol.
That dude knew exactly what he was doing (apart from the poaching in full view of lots of witnesses thing). I wasn't about to describe the technique, but there it is. God drat. Brutal.

he lived pretty rurally from what i recall so i bet he got away with a lot. he never missed an opportunity to complain about having to buy licenses for fishing. not much of an authority guy.

but yah rural Newfoundland is not the same as the Greater Vancouver Area.