Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The episodes are interesting. They're very short and of course end on another cliffhanger that will never be resolved, but there's no reason to not play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

UHD posted:

how the hell did he not get run out of cspam the instant he was outed as a landlord. the board that thinks it's a crime against leftism to get probed for posting about killing landlords.

Relatedly it's wild to me that Taintrunner being a wealthy New York nepobaby was not a secret and he bragged about his VR gaming room all the time and people still believed the steely-eyed communist act lol.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Can I ask what his tax returns are meant to prove?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Not to bring politics forums into here but Trump is going to beat DeSantis and it will be funny.

edit: oh terrible page topper

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah I thought it would be at least a funny crazy rant but it was just dire. Not reiterating any of it here, but jeez.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
AI art loving sucks right now because it's all advertisements for the technology made by techbros. Maybe things would be different if it was actually used like a tool to realize a creative person's vision (like people claim it could be), but tbh I'm already doubtful that's ever going to happen.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm all for accessibility and lowering barriers to entry but the way it gets used as a way to make AI a social justice issue, and the implication that it was impossible for a disabled person to create art before they could have a computer do it for them, is, hmmm.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
You don't even have the same AV how does this happen

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Mr Hootington posted:

He also terrorized BSS with his obsession with the DC character Jason Todd

For a long time I really wondered if Dark Tzitzimime was a troll, not just because of the Senran Kagura thread but because he had the absolute worst most unpopular taste in characters for everything. Jason Todd/Red Hood in BSS, Super Saiyan 4 Goku and original Broly in the Dragonball thread.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Obviously Broly is popular with the fanbase at large, and somebody must like Red Hood because he keeps popping up everywhere, but threads on Something Awful tend to develop very strong Thread Opinions and Dark Tzitzimime would show up with the opposite of every single one of them lol. It's been long enough that I don't remember why Broly was so disliked by the regulars.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

VostokProgram posted:

You can buy Twitter accounts?

Before anyone gets excited the going rate is, like $7 bucks for a few thousand followers.

A lot of scammers will just buy a bunch of accounts and rename them which is why you can't use account creation date or follower count to rule out scams, unfortunately.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

like if you want the attention of every politics person on twitter, lol. if you want the attention of every politics person on sa you can just kick up a fuss in the politics forums. SA doesnt have an algorithm designed to manipulate your behavior but people can still form an unhealthy relationship with it

see all the permabanned rereg guys

Yeah. I think that's why The Negative Attention Guy Who Namesearches Themself on These Forums has remained fixated on Something Awful specifically. They were always addicted to a completely unwarranted sense of superiority, but you can't get away with that on Twitter/Tumblr/etc. without either a) having clout or b) actually being personable enough to have friends that give you the time of day.

ParserGirl posted:

When SPR's deeds were revealed, the sagas thread didn't circle the wagons or make excuses. That should be commended and it's one of the best arguments in favor of sagas/legends being allowed to continue.

I never saw or interacted with that posted before the ban but I think if the avatars she bought stuck to the level of "you're a dumb dumb poopy head" she would have been forgiven very fast. I disagree (it's clearly deliberately manipulative behavior even if it's silly), but I think that's what would have happened. But she just had to go for transphobia.

mycot fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 19, 2023

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Kchama posted:

That was the guy who was confused how people on a boat on the ocean got wet, because he didn’t understand how water or boats worked. He’s always been the dumbest person in every room.

You have to elaborate on this one. Like in a movie or in real life?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I don't have enough YuGiBucks to get the super good decks right now so I am playing an infamously bad deck (toons) and lolling when it beats bad players trying to use tournament decks

I swear everyone who dabbles in Yugioh (me included) plays toons. They rock, though.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
The Hogwarts Legacy thread was like 90% shitposting, 10% serious-ish conversation about Harry Potter (albeit the same conversations that have been going on for 20 years), and a couple of sincere weirdos who got summarily mocked (like the person who said without prompting "a trans person came in for a job interview today and I did NOT hatecrime them :smuggo:").

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
The only insightful thing about the actual game that I gathered is that apparently there's hints of a more detailed game like every student and teacher having their own housing and bed, but none of it matters because it's a mass appeal open world game so it's not going to have anything as obtrusive or interesting as NPC schedules.

pentyne posted:

For some insane reason the hogwarts legacy discourse spilled out in the star citizen thread and 4 posters decided that was where they would take their stand against 'wrongthink'

I remember this, it started as like a throwaway joke about Star Citizen's environments and spiraled into transphobia.

mycot fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 21, 2023

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
The other slightly interesting thing about Hogwarts Legacy is that the game goes out of its way to make you a 15 year old transfer student (in the wizarding world?), because presumably they did not have the guts to have you be capping goblins as a ten year old.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol ff thread ftw

FWIW it wasn't anyone in the thread with that bad take, it was imported from twitter (of course).

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Normally when people complain about everything turning into "magic nonsense", what they mean is that they thought the characters were interesting so they preferred that the initial conflict was about their motivations and personalities and not "someone touched the magic rocks and now they're bad." Which I think is sympathetic. But I would still play Final Fantasy 16 if I had a PS5.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
The gore posting on twitter is really getting out of hand, I can't tell if it's trolling or earnestly sociopathic engagement farming. The insane thing is that the accounts don't even eat a suspension for it, on the website where people have to use unalive in minecraft.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
It's okay the only Final Fantasy I've played is the weird chocobo mini game collection on the DS. Oh and like half of 14 if it counts.

(I really like 14 it's just insanely time consuming and intimidates me every time I think of going back)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

chocobo mystery dungeon was good

It wasn't even the real Chocobo Mystery Dungeon, it was this thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Fables:_Chocobo_Tales

Which had a character that can only be described as Shadow the Chocobo

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
As soon as the true crime people got interested it was over.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
A recurring theme in a lot of these topical events is that a lot of Americans consider following the rules as something beneath them, so people completely freak out at being told what to do because it's supposed to be something that only lower class people have to deal with. There's rather obvious historical reasons for how this became the culture.

edit: come to think of it it's kind of like a diffused version of the submarine thing. We're rich, we don't have to listen to safety precautions or basic science because having this much money means being able to ignore the rules and do whatever you want.

mycot fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 24, 2023

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Going to rewatch Cybershell's epic chao vid now.

That video is great but around the point he starts getting into dominant and recessive Chao genes it's too big brain for me and it loses me.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I was just making a quip at how many different Chao mechanics there are. :negative:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
It was never a tasteful show, obviously, but that kind of series could never do anything good with that kind of plot point, and it did not. Like, literally nothing would change if that character wasn't a rapist.

Every major character (except Gamagori) having a baller theme song is what every soundtrack should aspire to.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

TheKingofSprings posted:

The first 5 minutes and episode 4 are amazing though

I like that they led in with Gamagori, acknowledging that he is the best boy.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i don't really know who this rime is but this post by another poster observing his behaviour ( in a thread where people are arguing that he was "probated in bad faith") really made my eyes bug out a bit

LMAO at the poster getting pissy pedantic about the term "unfathomable racism", as if fanthomable racism is better

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
The world map being what can only be described as a flaccid version of Florida is something else.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Nuns with Guns posted:

That was actually a false start a few months too early. The thread that started off the drama in December 2019 was this one protesting the forum ban of a webcomic artist:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905950

Death Ray showed up and made some posts so embarrassing he ended up getting a 100k probation and a ban.

The only time I saw Death Ray before the ban was in the BSS Webcomics Thread where he shilled one of his comics. Nobody in the thread was aware of any reputation he had but even then the reaction was a (politely worded) "uh, 'Star Trek But the Federation is evil' isn't a new concept. In fact it's actually quite cliche."

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

TheKingofSprings posted:

Y’know I’m actually surprised the one gacha game that made jack the ripper into a little girl didn’t try and make a lady hitler

I think there was actually an obscure piece of Fate/ lore that said that by the twentieth century the global magic field had become too weak to produce any more Heroic Spirits, which kinda felt like a No Anime Hitler rule. Of course they've long since ignored this so the door is open again.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the weirdest "chud fanbase" argument I've heard here was that all top Yu-Gi-Oh! players were criminals because tournaments don't give out cash prizes.

I know card games don't count as Esports but this feels like the gentrification of competitive video games

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

i think a lot of people out there are basing their impressions of mmos on like, vanilla wow, 'you can do a lot content pretty casually and there's an actual main story' is a pretty good thing to mention when talking about 14, but somehow that morphed into 'actually it is literally like any other ff game gameplay wise'

I've read that the original FFXI basically all content needed a party and there was no duty finder so people would literally beg in the cities for someone to hire their services which is funny but way less accessible than something like 14.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I thought Ubisoft is what really started the checklist objective UI vomit. Naughty Dog is actually comparatively restrained there.

E. Maybe Skyrim if you go all the way back but at least you only could track one quest at a time IIRC

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Someone in the Street Fighter 6 thread pointed out that DSP actually has an exceptionally good reaction time, but instead of using it to win he uses it to complain about how cheap something is milliseconds after he gets hit

Jinh posted:

The funniest part of the dsp clip is that he reacts to the DI frame 1 with raging, before the attack connects he's fully throwing his hands in the air. His reactions are actually mad good but he only uses them to complain

mycot fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 6, 2023

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

I think they're referring to like the unlockable softcore videos in some of them

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I've only played Atelier Ayesha but it's a JRPG series so it's less about making potions to sell and more about crafting explosive bombs that deal 9999 damage and give you every status effect under the sun.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

When they revealed that King Candy was Turbo I legitimately kinda shat

I'm still salty the second movie completely ditched the video game theme. Someone very powerful up there desperately wants an Internet Movie to work and keeps trying, but what they don't understand is that nobody considers themselves a big internet fan.

e. To borrow an old post, we could have had Wreck It Ralph Country.

mycot fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
It's basically Disney's try at the Emoji Movie (look at all your favorite brands!...Spotify and Ebay?) which is extremely cursed.