Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Now all we are missing is a hilarious meltdown to christen the new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Shame is a good thing in certain cases

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

That DICK! posted:

lol every one in that thread seems mad annoying

That thread was extremely miserable and had the worst posters screaming at each other all day long. Cum was probably the best poster in that thread because he actually contributed content.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Fajita Queen posted:

lol it was the same rear end in a top hat who is a raging dick to everyone who isn't on "their team" in the posting wars in their head, and acts like they're an unimpeachable saint because they donated a bunch of money to the goonfund. Pretending to be an epic internet leftist while doing the same "philanthropy means I'm an amazing person" bullshit that billionaires do ftw.

This describes multiple people in the Seattle LAN thread(which is the covid thread extension, sadly enough). I do know the person you are talking about and they can swing from cutesy happy to insane crazy anger on a dime.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

This doesn't work anymore because that guy has the same av as me now lol

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

No, he was a D&D mod that was demodded and was eternally bitter about it, and hated FYAD for the weirdest reasons, like one example was he blamed them for chain probing a mod, who was then made an admin for that reason, and he hated that admin so it was FYAD's fault. Real weird poo poo.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Joey McChrist posted:

My name is Gato♫
I have metal joints ♪
Snitch on my detractors ♫
And earn 15 points ♪

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Autisanal Cheese posted:

where does FAU fall among the ranks of former admins? hamstrung by circumstance, hopelessly out of their depth, chased out because of erotic myst roleplay?

Good guy with a good heart, but massively burnt out by singlehandedly running the forums for a couple of years. Made some dumb decisions at times but overall was a decent admin.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Blue Footed Booby posted:

What am I looking at here? What's being edited in what way?

The name of the trump thread. It is as lame as it sounds.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

smarxist is crazy and starts lashing out at random people for no reason for some reason he is immune to the consequences of this and is allowed to get away with it i think smarxist might be built different

Jeff loves Cspam retards.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

TheSwizzler posted:

christ, what an rear end in a top hat

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Fluffdaddy posted:

I don't read that forum and just saw the report, sorry.

Which means that all the mods in cspam didn't think it was worth probing for

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Leal posted:

Do NOT buy me an anime tiddy avatar. Do NOT red text that I jerk off to anime titties!!

Anyone remember the thread where a poster made a thread in QCS about getting an AV that said they liked anime titties and had a massive meltdown when everyone made fun of them?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

QR Code Geass posted:

just now? show it to me! I am beguiled and enticed by sexy smilies

I'm still reeling from :forkbomb: and will climax if I ever find out what originated it

bring them all to me

wtf

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

womb with a view posted:

Why would anyone under the age of 30 want to be here

Because modern social media is garbage and forums are the least bad option for talking to people.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

It's time for goons to talk about food

It is always this time

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its called pop

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

johnny park posted:

theres been a big media blitz for a new blizzard-style RTS named Stormgate but frnakly the blitz itself is putting me off of it becasue theyre getting like, celebrity cameos and poo poo and i simply assume any game that does that is going to suck

It will probably be on Gamepass so I will give it a shot.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

euroshopper posted:

do you remember when kotakuinaction types called jk rowling an evil soy hillary cuck like 7 years ago lol

Go away

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Red Metal posted:

the probe is for this image (warning: rapidly flashing colours)

lmao, the trump thread is a bunch of pussies

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

It's this.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

American McGay posted:

Evergreen post.

lol skylark ftw

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Soul Dentist posted:

Why would a nurse be leaving the hospital?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The last thing this thread needs is a billion people making bad jokes about some Twitter politics weirdo. There are infinite other threads for that.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Improbable Lobster posted:

So now that this has been resolved, I do have a question about the OP that's been weighing on me since you posted your last thread. I want to say that I realize as a mod there's going to be the inevitable comments and such, which I know are coming and resigned myself to.

I need to preface this by saying I like flash animations. I watch it (Newgrounds and ArmorGanes right now, finished Miniclip Season 1 a while back). It's something to watch when I'm bored or I just need to veg out for a while. When I saw your username and profile pic, I was like "Wonder what flash cartoon it is" and googled your username. OP, I absolutely wish I hadn't because my life was richer and fuller before I found out.

I guess this brings me to this question: out of all the Flash characters out there that you could have chosen from all the animes that exist in the world, is there a particular reason you chose the one who continually bullies Strongsad and Strongmad and is part of the plotline of the entire show?

According to the wikis that I read, at least: http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/Strong_Bad

From another wiki: https://homestarrunner.fandom.com/wiki/Strong_Bad

Under this wiki, his fun facts are listed as "Strong Bad once did stand-up comedy as a kid" and "it is implied that Strong Bad is actually very weak and out of shape"

The Emails in question:
http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/Strong_Bad_Email

I could be absolutely wrong! Maybe I looked up the websites of two people who hate the show and are trying to destroy it for whatever reason. If I am, I absolutely and sincerely apologize and retract anything I said here. Or maybe I totally misread it. I've been known to misunderstand things occasionally.

If not, I mean, were there other characters you could have used? I'm sure these two are not the only characters in the entire cartoon. I didn't know what this cartoon was and now I know what to avoid in the future. Even if you want to go with the argument "he can type with boxing gloves on" (I have no idea if this is true or not) you still have the problem that part of the plot of your avatar is the continual answering of emails, which, not cool!

So that's my question to you, I suppose. I'm curious about your answer. I'd also like to point out that I'm not picking on you personally, but the forums have had a fraught history with flash cartoon poo poo and uh, probably not good to add to that.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Plant MONSTER. posted:

My brother collected games before the collectors made it harder. He has poo poo like Rule of Rose, Steel Battalion and several bookshelves full of retro games. But then he had kids and stopped caring about any game that's not Oblivion

He met his wife because they loved oblivion and they both play it way too fast

That is a weird ES game to be super into, on either side of it are better games.