Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

Eddie Edwards' most notable single career moment is getting his head split open with a baseball bat by Sami Callahan

This is always what I think of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Going to suggest being the only non-Japanese to win the GHC Heavyweight Title is more notable than anything involving Sami

This is how I found out i've been wrong the last two years thinking current champ Jake Lee was Korean-born

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Being fair, he was rating the match at the point where doctors were taking Shibata's brain out and putting it back in again, so a shadow was hanging over the whole thing.

Should have gone back and given it a couple extra stars after Shibata came out at the G1 to tell us he was still alive :colbert:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dragon Lee, still a lunatic

https://twitter.com/luigiwvideos/status/1662983423852441602

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

When was the last time an active wrestler had the book in a major promotion? Given Tony Khan is a big wrestling history nerd, I feel like he might be a bit wary if the latest example was still Big Sexy's tenure in WCW.

He only does tag stuff nowadays but Gedo has done 30 matches so far this year in New Japan

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shard posted:

Is that the name of the kid? That's a stupid name for a person

Just from looking at that post it appears to be the coming baby's family name

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

They can't expect us to swallow that tripel

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Only perverts like Kenny Olivier enjoy joshi puroresu

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Holy hell La Knight really does sound like the Rock.

He should beat Roman at Mania

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This news is how I found out Dezmond Xavier now wrestles as Wes Lee

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I had that apple face on a chain and would wear it to school. I was so drat cool back then

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's La, as in the French word, they just keep capitalizing the A because otherwise Vince will confuse him with La Résistance

One of my favourite Tetsuya Naito moments was him taking one look at Goto's LA DOJO shirt and proceeding to call him "Señor La Dojo" for the entireity of the feud

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Drakkel posted:

Tag Teams should be two guys who dress exactly the same but one of them is really fat and the other is really tall

More teams should be like the Up Up Girls and not make any attempt to coordinate their outfits

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

The best of politics in wrestling:

Bill Clinton at Wrestlemania 10
Sarah Palin in TNA
Obama vs Hillary on Raw
Cryme Tyme mugging George Bush

What are some other classics I'm missing?

Sitting Tokyo Assembly member Kawamatsu winning the Heavymetalweight belt.

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1522515784119029763?s=20

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Looks like WWE will be airing on Abema in Japan after not being broadcast in the country for a couple years. Interesting because Abema is a CyberAgent subsidiary, the same people that own DDT, TJPW and NOAH

https://twitter.com/tospo_battle/status/1707306795717595191

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I know I've seen 00 before but clearly I wasn't paying close enough attention to remember someone called Bring Stabity or Beside Pain

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Atillo posted:

How about the one that is literally thousands of kilometers from every large population centre?

:australia:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Digital Jedi posted:

I think the EC match is the only announced event for Australia so far

There's also something from WWE on April 20th in Perth, Ticketmaster doesn't have much info but just looks like a live show.

Our biggest local promotion EPW has announced a show the night before with some guys from over East (Caveman Ugg and The Velocities announced so far) but I doubt it'll draw more than the 800 or so crowd that the Willeton Stadium shows have had in the past, the wrestling scene here is as small as you'd expect from such an isolated place.

e: it's nearly as stupid as New Japan booking a show in Wagga Wagga (halfway between Sydney and Melbourne, a 4 1/2 hour drive each way)

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 10, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Testekill posted:

I will echo that it's absolutely baffling to run a stadium show in Perth. Airline tickets are about as expensive as they have ever been at the moment and people are not exaggerating when we say that Perth is isolated. Melbourne & Sydney are both pretty accessible as you can still travel from state to state by a regional train. Meanwhile that's not really an option for traveling to WA from one of the neighboring states, it's a very long drive through the desert from Adelaide to Perth and going from Alice Springs or Darwin is way out.

:hai: an example for people that don't often think about Australia being goddamn huge for how many people live here. You could drive to any of the major population centres on the East Coast in the time it takes to drive from Perth to the nearest city, and that trip includes nothing but desert

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Even by goon standards, not knowing who Taylor Swift is is quite impressive.

The only Taylor Swift I recognise is the Freddie Wong character

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Doing the Miu hands along with the main character

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rhea Ripley and Dirty Dom are in Perth, presumably doing press for Elimination chamber. They were sitting next to us at the indie show I was at tonight

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The_Rob posted:

Yeah they’re trying to recruit people to sign, not trying to uplift AJPW

Yoshitatsu please go back to the states, Triple H misses you

e: Or Onita for maximum lols

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tajiri's been gone for a while, he's currently a trainer with Kyushu pro

All Japan rocks, you can skip the opening couple of matches each show with the old guys and it's just a bunch of young hungry guys putting on consistently great performances

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I see the Royal Rumble is starting at like 9am my time, if i've nothing better to do I might check it out to see what they do for Okada's music

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

That is way too short a staredown. Needs to Shiozaki / Fujita length.

This match was one of the only good things about the pandemic era and I hope it never happens again

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Nobody knows those randos, we need real Perth superstars like Nick Miller and Shane Thorne

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I like living in Perth, all my stuff is already here

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

1glitch0 posted:

Why does Perth even have such a giant loving stadium? Kangaroo mma?

Need to house all the visiting fans coming to see their guys beat the Eagles and/or Dockers

Considering the last time I remember the WWE coming to Perth (2005) they ran the Burswood Dome which has since been demolished, there's really no other good option for where they'd go, the next biggest venues are NIB or WACA and those only seat around 25 000

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Testekill posted:

Wait how do Americans say it?

Badly, no doubt

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DOA is no King of Fighters, that's for sure

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Perfect way for Roman's reign to end. After years of winning because people interfered for him, he lost because the other guy had more people to interfere for them. That's the makes WWE cinema, there's so many layers to the storytelling

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW sucks, it's not cool like AJPW or TJPW

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I thought the Roman/Cody match was fine approaching good before it crashed to a halt and 7 people interfered. 4.75 stars is exceedingly genreous, that on par with Kurt Angles best matches

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

KungFu Grip posted:

tama tonga vs jimmy uso gonna top jimmy vs jey for worse bloodline vs bloodline feud

I had completely forgotten Tama Tonga existed, has he debuted yet?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

KungFu Grip posted:

solo introduced tama tonga to the bloodline by having him kill jimmy. paul heyman was unaware of any of this

4th inning lfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The long awaited return of Camacho