Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

What the poo poo, that's putting full faith into the sensor operating properly and those sensors fail and give false positives all the time. They particularly fail in northern climates when damaged by potholes or set off by drastic changes in temperature and road conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

SBF, this idiot, this dope who is an obvious fraudster, anyway buy doge and invest in AI! Self driving cars in 2024!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Nothus posted:

Hats off to Elon for managing to out do malaise-era General Motors

It's way worse, this is mid 90's Pontiac body cladding but way more expensive.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Cactrot posted:

My favorite part is that a 66 hp Suzuki samurai from the 90s can effortlessly traverse this stairway.

You could push a Samurai sideways up that hill better than this POS navigates it.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

so clever so FTW

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

starting to see snippets of CSS showing up in clear text lmao

Same. Also about 25% of the time I get the previous twitter link I clicked on, even if that tab was closed.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Lmao and people want to develop AI, can't even get a stupid BBS site working right.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I can't even guess what drugs he's on in that clip but it isn't just one. He's manic.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Everyone immediately knows what that "S" symbolizes, not Musk!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

^ loving lol owners are going to find out what a joy it is to live with stainless steel

titty_baby_ posted:

Ah yes. It is usually the clearance of the vehicle that gets it stuck, not the tires losing traction or anything

Not defending this pile of trash vehicle but there is some logic to it, if snow is up to the undercarriage the vehicle can't get the traction needed to break free, so raising the ride height would alleviate this. However none if this is necessary with tires and a TC system that are not complete dogshit like on the truk.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

He created an AI specifically so he could steal bad jokes from it?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Oh so he's just Big Head from Silicon Valley now. Zero difference.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The best they can say about it is that it’s is funny and funny in a stupid kind of way. If I’m spending $120,000 I would prefer what I buy not being described that way

The most damning thing they say is that it is compromised by its design. That's not engineering, that's engineering around rank stupidity.

You do not need to be able to go 0-60 in 3 seconds in a truck for gently caress's sake. Make it lighter. Make it less powerful. Then it needs fewer batteries, smaller tires, it doesn't need as heavy suspension, no software fuckery to deal with the added weight, the benefits go on and on and on.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

This MFer thinks he deserves a 50B bonus

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I mean they did touch on the type of person who would buy it; the person who wants attention for owning a novelty. It’s the perfect design from Musk because it’s for people like Musk, those desperate for attention but have no positive personality traits

Oh yeah, it (like the GM Hummer that shows just how much we actually care about climate change) is very much a vehicle of our time. Gigantic, pretentious, useless vehicles that don't even pretend to fulfill their purpose.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-lawyer-admired-elon-musk-so-much-cried-during-deposition-2024-2

Get a spine! Marons

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Rynn posted:

I had some dipshit on Reddit tell me that one of the Cybertruck’s selling points would be doing 0-60 in 3s while towing a boat.

let me know how what works out for you when you try that

The electric 18 wheelers they are "developing" (read: making a prototype to ride the funding train) aren't going to work. Why would you change over your whole fleet for a more expensive, lower range option with no infrastructure when diesel exists?

You could make a halfway decent electric consumer-grade towing vehicle but it would be very compromised for most people who actually buy trucks. It would not be huge, covered in chrome, or have a grille like a billboard. It would not be a status symbol. It would be a frame and a very spartan cab and the rest of the gross weight for batteries.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

hubris.height posted:

yeesh, seems like he could've afforded someone to tell him what not to say for his own good

No such thing as bad press I tell myself as I lose billions.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

"Committee of Public Safety" is extremely accurate in that case you dipshit. You worthless loving troll.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Elon and Jon Delorean are the same guy. Stainless steel is not stainless. It corrodes. It picks up every tiny smudge. It's a bad material for body panels and we know this because we figured it out decades ago. At least the Delorean still looks loving cool and can be repaired and improved because it's just a car, in 5 years when the Cybertruk's electronic systems or software shits itself, who is going to be qualified fix it? And at what cost? It's a useless consumer product that has no lifespan.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

still love the car tho

oh absolutely

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Sir Tonk posted:

https://x.com/jeanne_mann/status/1759250691229380775

there's no way anyone still works in the dept that processes reports

The replies to this will make you want to poison your town's water supply.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

titty_baby_ posted:

It's me. My body is in a coma and my head itches but I can still shitposr

Let's test it, I'm going to send you some choice Yaccarino tweets and this gif on infinite loop

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

titty_baby_ posted:

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

still alive thank you for confirming keep me posted

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Elon should move his operations to international waters and really get this Neuralink thing cooking

Sealand

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

They paid millions to the guy that redesigned Tropicana orange juice boxes and everyone hated it so much they lost millions more

It was the same guy who did both, Peter Arnell of Arnell group lol

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Is that Kimball's brother?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

boil me down to my essence and pour me into that fuel I am ready

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

There is nothing impressive about driving a vehicle through deep water. What's impressive is the long term damage it causes. You will never, ever, dry that out.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

The physical damage to the body panels is not the problem.

quote:

Hours later, the tester notices that the truck's outer bed controls no longer work.

It begins.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/south-bay/san-jose-bakery-loses-thousands/3461095/

Elon wins again

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

He might be the least self aware person on a planet of hyper-individuals.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Weka posted:

Yup. It's called doing business in America, and Elon Musk is legitimately brilliant at it.

Skill issue. I have a Corolla I have driven through water over the bonnet and it's fine. Well it has some issues from being put head first into a ditch but that was years later and it still works.

Those are much simpler I wonder how many miles of wire CYBERTRUCK has in it.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

BrotherJayne posted:

I mean, at least they're reading Livy

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I love animals and would enjoy working along with them. This idea is deemed FTW.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I can no longer support my family from X

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon doesnt believe in God

Wrong he believes in himself

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

You can't defeat your posting enemies with a sword, Musk wins again.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Describe Elon Musk to someone who has never heard of him (tragic!!) without using FTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

OH MY BAD posted:

only the dumbest loving people in the world would hear something can go 0-60 in under a second and say "that sounds like the hallmark of a useful machine" and not understand they'll forget to hit reverse one time and drive out the front door of their house before they can realize what they did

It's not even possible. The tires don't exist.

e: top fuel dragsters do it in .4 to .6 look at the tires that make that possible

Gorson has issued a correction as of 00:16 on Feb 29, 2024