Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Interesting, made a note to look for him late in my keeper league. Love late-round fliers like that.

Then again maybe that’s why I’ve only won once in 12 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Pain of Mind posted:

Insane Leaguemate Chat

Yeah woof. I’m very glad none of my leagues have this type of owner in it because this just sounds exhausting.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Sataere posted:

It has never made sense to me that someone decided that people who have a rooting interest in everyone around them failing should have a say in how their opponents run their team. When you actually think about it, it is the dumbest idea ever.

It’s less having a say in how the idiot is running their team and more about not wanting the guy who already has CMC, Chase, and Hurts to somehow convince the idiot to do a bad trade.

Every year we have a guy who gets fleeced and a vocal minority makes a huge stink about it and the end result is always “Well if you accuse him of being that bad at trading then why didn’t you fleece him?”

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Docjowles posted:

Agreed vetoing is dumb as hell. Why should Joe rear end in a top hat have any say over what I do with my team. Give the commissioner authority to step in if there’s something insanely bad like trading a kicker for Mahomes. But in almost all cases they should be hands off.

As commish of my league I try to make this argument constantly, but my leaguemates bring up a good point. At what point is it considered “insanely bad”? That’s what makes the push for ditching vetoing tough in most leagues because they kind of have a point. Like yeah CMC for Skyy Moore is horrid, but idk man maybe one of the owners is kiimo.

I’m also just playing devil’s advocate because I try to see reason from the rest of my league, but we’ve also only had one veto in 12 years and the trade voted to pass anyway so it’s not as big of a problem for us. In leagues where there are constant bullshit vetos I could definitely see a better argument for eliminating them.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Our keeper league made a recent change, we used to have a multi-round silent bidding portion for free agents and expiring keepers but last year we said gently caress it and transitioned to doing a full-scale mini RFA auction. It’s short, a lot of fun, and gets everyone together to reconnect over Zoom and talk poo poo a week or so before the actual draft.

Y’know, in addition to the constant poo poo talking year round.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

T-Square posted:

The commissioner in our super chill 7ish year long absolutely drama free money league randomly threw a hissy fit this morning out of nowhere and quit without warning lol. So somethings going on with him.

Two friends and I immediately swooped in to pick up the pieces and cherry picked the hardcore football guys that we liked from that one, some guys from our other league, and added a couple of new faces. They pushed me to be commissioner and starting from scratch I really wanted to start a brand new Dynasty league, or at the very least, change up things a little, maybe some IDP instead of D/ST, maybe some auction draft/FAAB, something new.

Long story a little less long, everybody hates change and doing new things so now I’m stuck being the commissioner of yet another boring standard format 0.5PPR snake draft redraft league and I have zero excitement for it whatsoever :eng99:

I’m commissioner of my hometown friends league and I’m glad it’s at least a keeper league with an interesting rule system.

Similar situation as well. Commissioner of the last 10 years got caught on a bad day by a returning owner criticizing the rules and he just said “gently caress this somebody else do it, I’m done herding you idiots”. I stepped in because I was very involved in helping him maintain the keeper records already anyway and so far it’s been fine.

Except for the fact that the year before that I swept the league, and then as soon as he handed over commish responsobilities he won for the first time as well. Hopefully this position isn’t cursed!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
You all rule!

My main league has our RFA Auction on Tuesday, next Sunday is my neighborhood league draft, then the Thursday after that I leave for a trip with about 60% of my main league to go hang for the weekend and draft that Saturday.

‘tis the season

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Ugh I’m really regretting trying to make a playoff run in my 0.5ppr keeper league last year with my mediocre team. During the season I traded my 2023 2nd for Etienne and now I’m struggling with how I’m going to draft.

I’m keeping Pollard, Etienne, D. Smith, then during our RFA auction I’m walking away with either Ekeler (doubtful), MAndrews, Henry, or AJB (don’t love the idea of having two WRs on the same team).

I have pick 5 in the draft and I’m guessing Chubb will fall to me, but by the time the 3rd round rolls around I just have to hope a good QB is still there like Burrow and I’ll just punt on TE if I don’t wind up with Andrews.

Good thing I’m heading into our new 3WR format with 3 to 4 RBs and only one serviceable WR :tif:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I hate 3-for-1 trades but in my 0.5ppr keeper league I’m being offered Tyreek and my 2nd round pick back in exchange for Deebo, Devonta Smith, and ETN (who I gave up the 2nd for last year) plus my 4th.

That would leave me keeping Pollard, Tyreek and probably Hockenson and Rachaad White instead of Pollard, Devonta, ETN, and Deebo or Pacheco.

I just get wary in trades where it’s throwing a lot of decent keeper talent at one guy, feels like I’m running a bigger risk but wanted to get some input if anyone has ever done a 3-for-1.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Sataere posted:

Not really a 3 for 1 trade with the draft pick. How many keepers are you allowed to keep per year?

Must keep 4. We do a salary cap so we don’t lose rounds to keep someone, but in layman’s terms Tyreek’s value is a 1st, Deebo and Devonta are around a 6th, ETN is an 8th. It’s why if I kept Tyreek I’d have to settle for Hock and White as the last two.

e: just looked at keepers, alternative is I keep Pollard, Tyreek, Najee, and Nico Collins? Maybe CJ Stroud isn’t THAT bad?

Whoreson Welles fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 14, 2023

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Must keep 4. We do a salary cap so we don’t lose rounds to keep someone, but in layman’s terms Tyreek’s value is a 1st, Deebo and Devonta are around a 6th, ETN is an 8th. It’s why if I kept Tyreek I’d have to settle for Hock and White as the last two.

e: just looked at keepers, alternative is I keep Pollard, Tyreek, Najee, and Nico Collins? Maybe CJ Stroud isn’t THAT bad?

I decided to accept. Tyreek can be kept two more times, so can Devonta, but ETN and Deebo can only be kept once more before they go back in the pool.

Also I just want to consolidate the roster spot for a single elite player and get that 2nd back. We have our RFA auction tomorrow so I could very well walk away with AJ Brown, Mark Andrews, or Henry now that I freed up a bit of salary cap.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Whoreson Welles posted:

I decided to accept. Tyreek can be kept two more times, so can Devonta, but ETN and Deebo can only be kept once more before they go back in the pool.

Also I just want to consolidate the roster spot for a single elite player and get that 2nd back. We have our RFA auction tomorrow so I could very well walk away with AJ Brown, Mark Andrews, or Henry now that I freed up a bit of salary cap.

So re: this. I ended up with AJ Brown but it was most of my remaining budget so I’m walking into the season with Pollard, Tyreek, AJB, and… Evan Engram.

My first round pick will either be Saquon, Chubb, Adams or Diggs so not too bad of a start but hopefully my gamble works out getting Tyreek and AJB in a 3 WR format even if it means settling for Engram at TE.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
All things considered, after blowing the budget on AJB my only other decent options were Engram, McKinnon, or Isaiah McKenzie.

Figured it would be easier to drop the remaining salary on a TE so I wouldn’t have to burn a draft pick on one since MAndrews, Kelce, and Goedert are all being kept.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Sataere posted:

How much does Engram cost to keep? That's the real question. If it is under $5, he's fine as a flyer.

Yeah literally kept for $1 at the end. Now the real question is as keepers get locked and I look at our draft, I may have to decide between Davante Adams and Mahomes at 1.05. I thought for sure I was getting Chubb or Saquon but now that I see who others are keeping, both of those RBs will probably be gone in the first 4 picks.

My only argument for Adams is Lamar and Burrow might be available at 2.06, but drat it would be nice to have Mahomes, Tyreek, AJB and Pollard to start off with.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How do feel about James Cook this year? He started really slow last year but the second half of the season he had some decent games and seems to have some opportunity this year.

There are a couple RBs who I grabbed last year and didn’t end up keeping/starting, but definitely going to be looking at them again this year. Cook is one of them, the immediate fumble on his first NFL carry was a big lol but he definitely has talent and he showed it in flashes last season.

Rachaad White is another guy I’m going to be looking for late again.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

kiimo posted:

I missed the game last night, was anything of fantasy value lost

Yeah, my time spent watching Marcus Mariota attempt passes for the Eagles :wal:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

kiimo posted:

Jalin Hyatt looks so much like Desean Jackson it's wild

Every time you post about him I take him a round higher. We’re up to the 12th now.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Matt Zerella posted:

He's Wandale Robinson 2.0 with a fraud of a QB throwing to him.

Ohhhh you guys are no fun. Just take the super fast little weirdo on the bad team in Round 15 and live a little.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Fine, enjoy your bench full of Zonovan Knights and Kadarius Toneys.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I dunno this has big “Skyy Moore is going to be the WR1 on the Chiefs by November” vibes.

I’ll look for him in the 11th.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I love casual family drafts because my brain completely breaks when I’m pick #5 and somehow wind up with Ja’Marr Chase and Tyreek Hill :psyboom:

I also decided to take a hard left in my neighborhood league at #5 and go Kelce/Hurts (Mahomes got sniped). This should be an interesting year.

Come to think of it, I’m also #5 in my main league too. What gives!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
My Saturday morning draft was going so well until JSN and Addison got sniped within 3 picks before me.

gently caress!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Well finally finished up the salary cap keeper league. I feel really good about my starters but the wheels came off after Addison and JSN got nabbed.

QB - Lamar Jackson
RB - Nick Chubb
RB - Tony Pollard
WR - Tyreek Hill
WR - AJ Brown
WR - Michael Thomas (threw up in my own mouth)
TE - Evan Engram
Flex - Alexander Mattison
D - Pats
K - Greg Joseph

Bench:
James Conner
Romeo Doubs
Roschon Johnson
Allen Lazard
Jalin Hyatt
Tyler Allgeier
Adam Thielen

I just kept punting on WRs and ended up with Michael Thomas as my WR3 so not feeling great. Hopefully one of my bench guys pans out!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I love Hyatt and loved him pre-actual draft. It makes me lol that Doltos hated him and then his giants drafted him.

Hyatt does seem like a late-season-high-octane pick like Amon St Brown was.

I'd love it if he was, oh I dunno, an immediate-season-high-octane pick so I could start him as my WR3 over the remaining fruit salad of mediocrity that is my bench.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Docjowles posted:

I guess there must be but are there really Najee stans out there? Every source I follow thinks he’s the most obvious trap pick at his ADP

I’m a Najee stan because he holds a special place in my heart. I swept my home keeper league for the first time because he was a solid 15-20pt RB1 his rookie season, and during the final Monday night game of our championship I was down 9 with just him left and 2 minutes remaining in the Browns v Steelers game. I joked it was over because the only way I was winning was if he suddenly ripped off a 40 yard TD despite the game basically being over and the Steelers already winning.

Well guess what happened.

I kept him into last year and I will admit he was extremely disappointing so I tossed him back in the pool, but I think the foot plate really limited him. If he had fallen back to me in our keeper league I was absolutely snagging him again but it wasn’t meant to be. Godspeed my front-flipping runboy.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

darkspider42 posted:

2 spot have opened up for Tier B in the Goon Tier -

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038206

The most complicated way to play fake football.

Let me know if anyone has any questions or would like to join, rules are on the first post and we've been running for over 10 years now.

Seconding Goontier, it adds a little something extra to fight for rather than just getting first/second place.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Still hot under the collar about the Najee hate. Any source that says he is a fade is just glancing at one row of a spreadsheet rather than looking at his tape from the last half of the season, or reading an article about how he was hobbled with a steel plate in his shoe in the first half, or looking at Mike Tomlin's RB usage in the 15 years he has coached the Steelers. 15 loving years of leaning on a bellcow when healthy.

Anyone who is saying Najee isn't a great buy this year is an absolute bellend who should be unfollowed.

:bisonyes:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Vargo posted:

I have a draft on Friday, I have made flowcharts and contingency plans and do not draft lists and by the end of round two my idiot leaguemates are going to do something stupid and blow it all up like they always do and I am going to throw it all out the window and wing it like I always do.

Exact thing happened to me last Saturday morning. Loved my first 3 picks, didn’t have a 4th rounder from a trade, then in round 5 I get both JSN and Addison grabbed right before me, freak out because I hate every other receiver left at the time, and panic snag James Conner.

6 RBs in a 3 WR league is good, right?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Docjowles posted:

Yeah how does this team happen lol. This is like when I see people on twitter complaining that they got in an Underdog room with 9 bots all deliberately taking poo poo teams to boost someone up

I had 5th pick in my casual family league and ended up with Chase and Tyreek. Sometimes it just happens, but yeah that starting lineup is absolutely stacked.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I feel like the universe will correct itself with all the JT hate and he’ll be the top scoring RB from Weeks 5-17 because that’s how the Fantasy Gods work.

In our 4-player keeper league where basically each team has at least 1-2 solid studs kept, one guy kept JT, London, Pickens, and Pierce and we all laughed at him.

He’ll probably loving sweep.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Anti-Hero posted:

We won't know our draft order until it opens, so no clue.

Redraft leagues where the commish doesn’t do some fun way to determine draft order at least a few days before the draft are shenanigans.

Doing endless mocks for days leading up to the draft only to have your unpredictable idiot buddies throw your plans completely off the rails is half the fun.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Step 1: Immediately draft whoever kiimo is excited about
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Championship

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Drunk Nerds posted:

We're all too busy trying to figure out who the gently caress Sean Tucker is and also watching this shithead Front Office plant tank the cardinals
https://twitter.com/notJDaigle/status/1697432290106741193?t=kLLRxCQyzjr8GLqU14cfcw&s=19

I threw a couple (I mean literally $2.50) on them to go 0-17 for like a $40 return and I actually feel good about it.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Well, probably the Pat's but those two teams face Buffalo and Philly week 1 so...

Yeah I drafted the Pats without looking at their schedule but I also don’t want to drop anyone on my team for a streaming defense so I’m just rolling with them Week 1.

I feel like this is going to set the tone for my entire season.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Better back to back than simultaneous.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I pointed out Kelce‘s injury in the league where I have him and someone offered me Davante Adams straight up for him. Juwan Johnson, and Sam Laporta are still on waivers.

Do I slam this?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

mega dy posted:

Sure, go ahead and trade your first rounder because he is questionable for week 1.

Fair point, knee stuff just freaks me out.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

mcmagic posted:

Yeah I think that might be a veto................

Please don’t start this conversation up again. Let’s at least get to week 3.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
What leagues are you guys in where JSN is on waivers?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

VietCampo posted:

Someone should make the sit or start thread so i can ask which of the 7 Chiefs WR i should start

Jerick McKinnon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Every time I see MVS I lol and think Metal Vear Solid well that’s my story

Don’t roster or start Metal Vear Solid except in megadeep leagues please