Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Jagged Alliance 3 in 3 hours, nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

elminster also founded the harpers who are my personal pick for most obnoxious organization in forgotten realms

wtf even is the Harper philosophy?

Like what are they even *about*? Been playing DnD games for 25 years and still don't know that. Haven't bothered to read any books on them because lol gently caress that

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Three pages of explanations and I still don’t understand poo poo about Harpers.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

But they are not themselves wizards?

Starting to think I should kill all Harpers. Sorry Jaheira, you were always difficult. Say hi to Khalid for me.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I am a turbonerd who loves weird board games and Arkham Horror burned me out after like 2 tries.

Supposedly the card based version is more approachable.

As a fellow turbonerd who also hates the Arkham Horror board games I can assure you the Arkham Horror LCG (card game with good distribution model) is very good and very fun.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

MMOs are the only video game genre that's gotten me laid so maybe I'm a little biased

FPS for me

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Always worked for all the EA sports games.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

snoremac posted:

I've bounced off Doom Eternal three times but want to play it properly now having listened to some of the soundtrack on YouTube. Between this and Prey Mick Gordon is the most exciting composer in games today.

I just played Prey last week. It’s good. Best in the immersive sim genre imo. Not a flawless game though.

Either way if you like your Deus Exes or System Shocks you oughta play Prey.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

sebmojo posted:

i'm puzzled by thtat thread because that's a funny post

It's cus they vehemently disagree with the politics (left = good, fascism = bad) expressed in that post, OP.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Gary Gygax = Marx
Dave Arneson = Engels
Eric Holmes = Bakunin
Tom Moldvay = Kropotkin
Monte Cook = Lenin
Ron Heinsoo = Stalin
Jonathan Tweet = Beria
Jeremy Crawford = Trotsky
Mike Mearls = Adolf Hitler

Still waiting for Mao and Deng.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Communist Thoughts posted:

Yeah it is a bit odd how everyone decided beforehand that BG3 was incredible.
Its a very fun coop game but I wouldn't be very into it as a single player one I don't think

Playing it single player it's... fine.

Better than my experience of playing D:OS2 coop on Xbox, but most of my problems there were the UI with a controller meant every loving thing just took so goddamn long.

Still feels stupidly similar to playing the original Divine Divinity back when that released though, even though that was more of an ARPG. Somehow all Larian games just feel very samey to me.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

0 rows returned posted:

never really thought of illithids being very big on conversations or doing anything but murdering you on sight

Illithids are big into himbos and bimbos, because anyone with a better brain gets slurped.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

HoMM5 is Ubisoft and it's the best entry in the series.

HoMM4 most underrated in the series. HoMM3 most overrated. Come at me.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Blyatro

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I wasted an evening playing Nemesis and then the friend who bought it was pissed off with us for never wanting to play it again because he spent so much money on it.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

For the last 3 months my wife and her friends have been putting together playgroups for their autistic children and husbands, so I've been plugged back into boardgames since the last time in... 2007?!?

Apiary is a game about space bees and I hang.

It got me back into watching Twilight Imperium tournament brackets. I fuckin love overly complicated 1.5 hour drafts before the game even starts. A dude is trying to get us to do an Eclipse game, he pitched it as Twilight Imperium lite and I am willing to crush other nerds at this game of intellect and skill.

Eclipse owns. It's what Twilight Imperium wishes it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Alternatively you can produce a fuckton of stone (no trust me, you need more stone than that [no really, those are rookie numbers]) and sell that to buy wood.