Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Angels somehow make the WS but neither Trout or Ohtani are healthy enough to play a single game.

They still lose the series 0-4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Remember when Korey Lee was supposed to be The Catcher of The Future™️?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

bawfuls posted:

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1676743313230286850

Every year this bracket comes out and I am annoyed by some of the first-round matchups.

They never listen to my pure and good advice on how to improve the format, which is to not have any head-to-head in the first round at all. Let everyone hit for full time and then seed the top four based on that result.

Sydin posted:

Might be the least exciting HRD lineup I've seen in a long time.

Listen, you have to put Mookie and Vlad against each other in the first round so that everyone interesting is completely gassed by the semifinal, paving the way for yet another bland-rear end Pete Alonso win.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Carlosologist posted:

The NYY grooming policy is an abomination. part of the aesthetic of baseball is gross beards and long hair

Hey now, NY gives their players two whole grooming options; “None” or “cop on paid suspension”

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Kyle Hendricks looks like a man who loves analytics, and you know what team has famously good analytics?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

rickiep00h posted:

Mostly unrelated, but I unironically love this movie. Dude is one of the best villains of the '80s. Just an absolute beast of a bad guy.

Bloodsport owns and so does Bolo Yeung

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The Angels are absolutely delusional enough to think they can re-sign him, so my prediction is that Ohtani goes nowhere and ends up watching the World Series from his living room.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Sydin posted:

It's almost like Ohtani should have won AL MVP last year or something!

:hmmyes:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

bees x1000 posted:

now I'm imagining Space Jam but it's Ohtani and baseball and Ghibli.

don’t tease me with things we can never have

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

No Safe Word posted:

N: Aroldis Chapman blew a 3-run lead against the Astros

V: owns

Aroldis Chapman giving up game-changing homers to Astros is practically a meme at this point. I continue to be utterly baffled at Texas making that trade, there’s literally no upside to it for them.

Couldn’t have happened to a bigger piece of poo poo though, gently caress Chapman forever. Can’t wait to see how many more he gives up.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kirios posted:

Yeah I'd agree - both guys are decent reliever prospects. I'm surprised Kike is worth anything beyond ~cash considerations~

You gotta use the é, man. It’s just a long-press over the e on iOS and Android.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kirios posted:

There, I edited it to the name I recognize him as when he was an Astros prospect.

I mean you could just do the thing I suggested since that’s the name he uses and isn’t a slur.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

mcmagic posted:

Hall of very good. But the high end of it. It wouldn't be embarrassing if he got in but I doubt he will because of his cheating with the Astros.

Yeah he might have been a guy who squeaked in on his fourth or fifth ballot, but now there’s no way.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Shohei is stuck in a toxic relationship

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

live with fruit posted:

Didn't Ohtani say he doesn't want to play anywhere cold?

Good news Shohei, Houston is literally never cold and it’s only going to get hotter and more humid!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

STAC Goat posted:

Fans just want what they want when they want it and don’t care about any of that because they’re toddlers.

I don’t think you have to be a toddler to want one of the best players in the game on your team, especially when he can fill three evergreen gaps your team has/had this year (OF, Starter, Offense) really well.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Astros GMs and trade deadline deals for middling relievers, name a more iconic duo

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I feel like Max going to Arlington should make JV to Houston more likely but what the hell do we even have to offer the Mets?

Myers? Whitley? The farm is completely empty.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Very deeply funny that mcmagic can’t tell the difference between cubsposters just having fun and actual genuine trade/signing rumors

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

gently caress

gilbert was the one I hoped was untouchable

this better be accompanied by signing Tuck

I know circumstances have changed regarding the rotation but YOU COULD HAVE HAD HIM FOR JUST MONEY, CRANE

Seriously, this is all one giant argument for just paying dudes what they want.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The Mets collapse is just so loving weird to me. It’s like a guy building this completely min-maxed team of all-stars in The Show or Super Mega Baseball without bothering to step back and think if it made sense as a cohesive team.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Serious question: what makes a baseball team cohesive? Of the major North American sports, baseball seems like the one where it should be easiest to plug and play a bunch of great players.

As someone said above, chemistry for sure. It’s a huge part of morale and baseball players are arguably the most head-case-prone athletes when it comes to performance. Clubhouse issues also manage to crop up in games.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’m just happy to see JV back :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Are the 2022 combos the only no-hitters started and closed out by the same guys?