Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I am hyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Okay but Metcalf admits he has a dinner - presumably real food??? I rest my case your honor.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I am requesting from the community;
1. Camp reports for all those highly rated rookie prospect TEs
2. Camp reports on Jalin Hyatt

I believe that the notre dame te is generic and meh

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

D-LINK posted:

Darnell Washington looks bad running routes, but can block anyone, including Cam Heyward

Dang that’s impressive. Many OL cannot accomplish that.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Views from dat qb list:
  • Herbie should be 2
  • Unsure about Watson being that high
  • Geno disrespect is out of control
  • Falcons gonna be something else this year

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Iodised QQ posted:

Speaking of young wrs and since people have asked about jalin Hyatt in this thread before, he's running with the Giants 1's the past few days and looks great. He's also topped 24mph multiple times thus far in shorts

He's caught at least one bomb touchdown every day but is also adding in actual routes

https://twitter.com/giants/status/1686040070581612544?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1685694181618946048?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

Gotta love training camp hype season

Hyatt is gonna be a star

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Repeatedly checking the post date to make sure this isn’t an April fool’s

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The slime was here before you, the slime will be here after you

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Docjowles posted:

Catching up on Robert Mays' podcast and I thought the extremely premature lookahead at coaching candidates was funny. Mostly in that they spent the whole thing talking about how X's and O's don't make a coach, what really matters is the friends you made along the way. Also The Athletic: puts out a 5 part documentary on how all the best young coaches, headlined by Kyle Shanahan, are total loving sociopaths who spend 22 hours a day thinking about Xs and Os. And the other 2 thinking about how to crush everyone else under their boot including coworkers and family in pursuit of their own greatness.

I think he also said he could see 10 coaching openings next year which seems... insane? There's never that many, and just looking around the league most of the bad teams already have new coaches. Unless he''s expecting a bunch of dudes like Belichick and Carroll and Tomlin and McVay to all retire I have no idea how you get to more than ~5

Anyway I was mostly just lollin at the cognitive dissonance of "relationships are what matter" and also "Jourdan Rodrigue thought Kyle Shanahan might murder her in his office". We can save lollin at bad coaches for Benne's thread in a couple months

I appreciate your thoughts on this stuff. I haven’t listened to the 5-part series but I have been listening to Mays podcast now that Tice is on leave.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Stroud is going to be the best qb from this draft class in 9 out of 10 realities

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pontius Pilate posted:

Not really that, but reminds me of when Kliff to Kyler was like “you think it’s so easy to call plays?! Why don’t you loving try it!” and then they scored in like three plays. Those two really deserved each other

Lol this owns

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I enjoy this content

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nate Tice is now the host of prospects to pros podcast??

What the gently caress

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

is pepsi ok posted:

Go into the gameplay settings and turn on Skip Huddle and Accel Clock. I set quarters to 5 minutes and games take about 15-20 minutes to play. Setting the sim quarters to 8 minutes seems about right to get the rest of the league's stats to match up with mine.

edit: Oh and just as an fyi for anyone, you can get the NFL teams and rosters on their discord in the user-submitted-mods channel.

This is the content I crave

Thank you for sharing

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

Reminder that the producer was just busted for kidnapping a child

What

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Athletic put out their Top 25 Players Under 25 for 2023
code:
25. S Talanoa Hufanga, San Francisco 49ers, age: 24
24. CB Trevon Diggs, Dallas Cowboys, age: 24
23. RB Jonathan Taylor, Indianapolis Colts, age: 24
22. WR DK Metcalf, Seattle Seahawks, age: 25
21. TE Kyle Pitts, Atlanta Falcons, age: 22
20. DE/LB Brian Burns, Carolina Panthers, age: 25
19. C Creed Humphrey, Kansas City Chiefs, age: 24
18. WR DeVonta Smith, Philadelphia Eagles, age: 24
17. RB Josh Jacobs, Las Vegas Raiders, age: 25
16. OT Penei Sewell, Detroit Lions, age: 22
15. QB Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville Jaguars, age: 23
14. WR CeeDee Lamb, Dallas Cowboys, age: 24
13. DT Dexter Lawrence, New York Giants, age: 25
12. OT Andrew Thomas, New York Giants, age: 24
11. WR Jaylen Waddle, Miami Dolphins, age: 24
10. OT Tristan Wirfs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, age: 24
9. CB Sauce Gardner, New York Jets, age: 22
8. QB Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles, age: 24
7. DT Quinnen Williams, New York Jets, age: 25
6. QB Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers, age: 25
5. WR Ja’Marr Chase, Cincinnati Bengals, age: 23
4. CB Pat Surtain II, Denver Broncos, age: 23
3. DE Nick Bosa, San Francisco 49ers, age: 25
2. LB/DE Micah Parsons, Dallas Cowboys, age: 24
1. WR Justin Jefferson, Minnesota Vikings, age: 24

Consistent, pervasive, despicable Tariq Woolen erasure

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

GD_American posted:

Question- is there anywhere that has tried to quantify how well a player has over/underperformed vs. their draft position? Like, an overall database for draft classes back x number of years?

I’m on mobile so I’m not gonna search, but I remember trying to find a database for something like that a few years ago.

I didn’t find any databases but I did find some articles and interviews about it.

If you do find that database please share!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Gully Foyle posted:

They already had a year+ of Hurts on tape last year, and it didn't matter. The Eagles may regress out of a harder schedule or bad luck, but not because the team is any worse. Jalen Carter alone looks like a huge pickup.

Mahomes lost to the Colts last year. poo poo happens.

How has Carter looked in preseason / camp?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

A relatively healthy bills 2023 roster seems substantively better than the injured bills 2022 roster.

I like a lot of their moves this offseason. Might be shaky if they are relying on their rookie TE to be a substantive producer year one though.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Wake n bake (420)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

RIP rusty shackleford

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love Justin Fields and if any goon has not watched him much (understandably because his team is poop) then I highly recommend looking at some game clips.

A fun and inconsistency rookie with historic rushing power!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

wandler20 posted:

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1694798067952767082?s=20

With a star studded rookie QB class coming in they'll be lucky to get much for Kyler but someone will probably do it.

Rams make the most sense, to this poster

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

wandler20 posted:

Stafford done after this year?

I’m thinking so, and as noted, Rams are probably gonna be too good to get one of the top draft QBs.

Kyler will only be 27 next season.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I hope Stafford plays as long as he wants but retirement seems like a plausible outcome for the 2023-24 offseason

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What is dtr?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thinking about the most accurate qb: cj stroud

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Make somber lightning man an emoji

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Relentlessboredomm posted:

wait they released the only qb on their roster who's healthy and knows the playbook?

holy tank job batman

I adore how much they are just full-assing the tank. No half-assing
in the desert :clint:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

hifi posted:

I dont know why you cut mccoy to save 1.5MM with the stable of QBs you have. I think this throws a wrench in my "kyler doesn't play a snap this year" thesis, regardless of if he's traded or not.

https://youtu.be/EL-D9LrFJd4?si=to-MlF46fQtSG111

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

I want bosa them

I would enjoy seeing both Bosas on the chargers :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Time of year for optimism except for that team

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Harlock posted:

Bears, Giants, Panthers, like 10 other teams trade for Mike Evans challenge.

Yah I like the idea of the bears trading for me evans, seems like a good move by both sides

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Does Gannon know that he’s doing a tank? Like is there an agreement with ownership that “yeah year 1 is gonna suck but we won’t fire you about it”?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The ringer participants have grating voices, which is not ideal for an audio media. But I was impressed by the research and nuance of some of their episodes - like the long form audio essay on how often teams should do play action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

No Butt Stuff posted:

If work is slow enough tomorrow I think I’m gonna do an effort post about Chris Jones contract and what the gently caress is going on.

It’ll be interesting to at least 3 of you!

I will read, and enjoy, that content.