Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

fosborb posted:

lol

of course

might need to update their webpage there....

Dr Jack Bauer, MD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

new and updated boosters gonna be here just in time i see

can't come soon enough. Jesus.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Alice what are you trying to say

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Too Many Birds posted:

yes!

until mom caught covid!

and then i drove them home from the airport!

to the house we all live at!

but at least we all wore n95s on the drive home and i had a window rolled down! not window(s) because only one window in the car works!!

anyway. my mom has a contraindication that can't be worked around so paxlovid is out the window. and her doctor told her that it doesn't matter because paxlovid only exists to "make you feel better." then told her to keep taking the drugs the walk in clinic doc gave her in NYC which all are not named paxlovid, remdesivir, or molnupiravir.

yet another doctor who needs to lose his loving license

antivirals don't just make you feel better, they suppress the advancement of the infection

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Glumwheels posted:

I just don’t know anymore.

If it's any consolation, neither does she.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pingui posted:

Nice article on Paxlovid, Paxlovid prescriptions and Paxlovid vs long COVID.

The rebound concern trolling, holy poo poo.

To wit, "hmm some patients have COVID symptoms after the paxlovid course is complete, better not prescribe it at all"

unreal

"Hmmm it works when the patient is using it. We better not use it!"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

SixteenShells posted:

results from some thread-relevant daily questions YouGov did this week. granted, these are the numbers after YouGov does their secret sauce reweighting of their survey data, but still, I was surprised by how favorably covid mitigations were viewed

I love when minority policy preferences end up becoming policy. Makes me really confident that we still live in a democracy.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Poppers posted:

Anyone have any tips for making an aura more comfortable … ? I’m at work sick because hospitals are ftw and I’m already getting a headache from wearing one. If I crimp the bridge of the nose for an actual seal it blocks me from breathing through my nose and makes me really nauseous so I have no idea if I actually have source control. Would be cool if I had a normal job where I could just stay home whilst sick.

try a vflex

I'm serious, if that's the problem you're having with the bridge of your nose try a v-flex

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Poppers posted:

They don’t have those at my hospital dude. It’s auras, duckbills, or those blue cup ones that are even worse

oh poo poo, I'm sorry

it's just one of those situations where you have to use one of the masks they provide?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

captainbananas posted:

because you keep puking in them

c'mon man have a shred of sympathy

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

if I can be spicy for a sec, I'm honestly fine with public health getting kicked in the teeth. God Bless Jesus And God Bless America. If you are some lousy "mortal" who can "get sick" then shame on you, Real Patriots eat a diet of pure raw beef and take horse dewormer to become closer with White Jehovah.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"not a single study" holy poo poo you really can just lie like that goddamn

we've been putting money into epidemiology research on spread through populations for over fifty years. I'm aware of one project personally in my sphere that's been running for over twenty.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

The gently caress are they talking about lmao

just read it all the way through, it's the kind of straight-up hallucination that's being peddled as actual journalism by corporate clowns these days

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

great point

I was really just referring to domestic research on spread through counties, states, etc with varying strategies of state intervention. not to mention that plenty of research has been done on how covid escaped attempts to contain it, with our (weak) state intervention front and center

the fact that epidemiology exists and has been looking at spread of disease generally for much, much longer only makes the lie worse

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

In a decade we'll be reading articles about how forcing Americans to stay in their apartments for an entire decade has destroyed the country and squandered the promise our grandparents left us when they bravely chose to die rather than ruin the economy

It's going to be Death Panels 2, a hallucinatory yet permanently embedded lie in the brains of American voters from here.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

skooma512 posted:

I should have known how covid was gonna go, having already known about the death panels propaganda.

Like, what do people think insurance companies do everyday? Instead we did a total projection where we say other people are doing the thing we're doing. At least with a death panel, there's a reason, not just "We're denying a statin just because and it's on you to proof to our satisfaction otherwise" without even the complication of dealing with someone who is terminal, it's just the business model.

I completely wasn't thinking about that direction regarding covid either, despite how obvious it should have been looking back

it just seemed at the time like this Big Medical Political Issue would be different. Even Donald Trump was up there telling people this was a serious thing, months and months after the rest of the right had peeled away into conspiracy land

(poo poo I'm not even sure that the weirdos have converted him about covid yet. sure he's weird about vaccines and autism, but that didn't stop him from stumping that covid is actually really important and getting vaccinated would materially help)

Trump aside, for a while it seemed that everybody was taking this pretty seriously, I wasn't thinking about how far into bad faith the antivaxxers would take this, or how successfully they would penetrate and convert one -- and then eventually both -- major parties in the United States

Potato Salad has issued a correction as of 00:37 on Nov 8, 2023

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

woohoo USA USA America First America First Families First Families First

no sorry not like that, now send your fourth grader back into the 65 student classroom

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

okay but, have you considered that this man is a Healthcare Hero for helping Number Go Up?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Baddog posted:

the PhD only gets you listened to if you are saying the thing people want to hear

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm shocked that blasting a gaping hole in your immune system results in there being a hole in your immune system

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

someone package a telomere clipping enzyme and market it as an alternative supplement for, idk, "cooling" or "protection from negative energy"

it seems like the worse advice something is, the better it spreads in the more money you'll make

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"this crystal treatment clears your chakras" just sell people bath salts, suspended in ivermectin. God bless America

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Platystemon posted:

Looking forward to this guy’s publication at The Atlantic and/or Cochrane.

humanity was a mistake

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You've heard the famous adage about horses and water?

You can take a horse to water AND shove it in the drink?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's the way I like it cause I never get bored

hey now

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Soap Scum posted:

some new maskers are definitely just sick lol but some new maskers just do it "when things get bad." i know someone who's kinda moderate re: masking most of the time but started masking indoors absolutely everywhere minus her house starting the day after thanksgiving because, as she more or less put it, it's covid season. yes yes it's covid season all the time but i think there is some truth that it's super extra covid season right now, and i think that explains some of the uptick we'll see probably from now til like february in lots of places.

better than never wearing a mask :smithicide:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Petey posted:

a lady came up to me after hot yoga and said "you're so brave. you're s o strong." because i did it in a vented n95. buddy, i am not that brave, but i am indeed trying to remain strong.

do you have access to nuclear weapons

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pyrolocutus posted:

Ok need a lil help here.

I got Moderna back in September and was wanting to get Novavax'd this week since it's about 3 months out (which is what I remember is the timeframe for good efficacy of mRNA shots).

Got a call back from CVS where the pharmacist cancelled the appointment because:

-covid shots are now a "yearly" shot and my mRNA back in Sept counted for it
-my insurance wouldn't cover it because of that

Is there anything I can specifically cite to say they're full of poo poo and gimme my goddamn shot?

do you have access to nuclear weapons

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I only seem to recall that there was some drama about the Flo masks a long time ago, what ended up actually happening? Did they falsify their niosh certification or something?

Also, it looks like Andrew Collins now trusts a 9105 VFlex for airplane flights, I feel very validated :3:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mola Yam posted:

what is the best succinct takedown of "immunity debt" out there. something a normie can read and understand, but preferably with authority behind it.

i'm seeing it invoked more than ever, which is weird given that we're now at least 2+ years out from anything resembling a lockdown

It's like someone still hollering about 9/11 sincerely (if you haven't met anyone like this, good for you)

Idk if there's anything you can do about it, they like what their stump speech enables for them, so they're going to keep stumping it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

hold on, who the gently caress is putting hypochlorous acid in a humidifier

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

we found something stupider than using UV to fight covid

both will technically work but you need to be in "lol, lmao" intensity/concentration to actually be effective against anything other than the faintest trace of aerosolized vectors

congratulations, we did it

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Steve Yun posted:

HOCl is an antiseptic. as far as I can tell the people who were advocating huffing it were only doing it occasionally, like the betadine or carrageenan sprays, not breathing it all day

I see, so if I do the gasified version of (edit: barely) washing my hands, I won't get covid when I go walk around breathing in cov2 virions?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

man

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

people really, really just do not like the idea of filters, do they

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

it's like people have an innate, unspoken fear that filters remove some Divine Spark from the shared lung-gas that you would otherwise be freely breathing

the lengths that people will go to just not breathe through a filter, in order to eliminate particulate virions that make your brain dumb and heart weak

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Platystemon posted:

Using UV to fight the pandemic virus is smarter than almost everything there is.

Using UV to fight COVID is stupid, because COVID is the disease, and once you have it, UV can’t do anything for you, weird Trump monologue notwithstanding.

:golfclap:

great point, I probably shouldn't be using my 3M 9105 to filter the blood returning through my vena cava either

that'll save on antiseptic too

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

spiritual bypass posted:

why so much talk about rsv? graphs always show so few cases compared to covid amd flu

this came up a while ago, but RSV is itself pretty bad

its abnormal prevalence is a rather straightforward and grim indicator that something blew a hole through and prematurely aged the global populations' immune systems

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

clearly, the fault lies with a couple of weeks of not going outside quite as much several years ago, rather than the extraordinarily virulent novel coronavirus that it turns out plays every trick in the book that coronaviruses have for evading immunity that also induces a superantigenic response that fucks your naive immune cell count in every reputable study that's surveyed population of various immune cells through the timeline of acute and post acute infection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

fosborb posted:

yeah rsv's seasonality was extremely stable until the last 3 years

how could #lockdowns have done this to us

I will not stand for it I will not

See more of @Homeschool1488MAGA on x.com