Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Omg what happened to everything lol

Why Am I So Tired posted:

fosborb, you might want to add the hardcase P100 filters to the OP for the non-SecureClick respirators
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000057584/

I think it's helpful for people to have a list of primary vendors too for ease of use - i.e. https://www.zoro.com is typically the best place to get elastomeric respirators and filters, and https://www.industrialsafetyproducts.com the best place to get 9210+ auras.

Also, this is a big one - "COVID is airborne" isn't mentioned in it anywhere from what I can tell and that should be one of the major points. "COVID is airborne and travels through the air and lingers like smoke" is accurate and a very effective way for people to understand the situation. So many people outside of the thread really don't understand this.

IMO the bit about surgical masks should be changed because it overlooks the fact that COVID is airborne - on top of not protecting the wearer, they won't protect anyone around them. They're not PPE, period.

You honestly might want to include a link to the John Snow Project, they have so much information delivered in a very clear way and it's all sourced.
https://johnsnowproject.org/

Congrats / Sorry about your new position.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Pingui posted:

quote:

..consider asking a pharmacist at the location if your insurance covers Covid boosters...
:rubby:

My pharmacist told me they haven't heard anything about a new covid booster :rubby:

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
I feel like the low and slow video should be in the OP too still. So much useful info is gone

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Harik posted:

florida, new york, california, there's no real difference in governance when it comes to reminding everybody that it's their sacred duty to go to work so their kids have to be sent to the plague pits and also Chilli's happy hour is self care.

desantis is loud and squeaky about it but every state government and the feds follows the exact same playbook.

Not enjoying the new thread vibe of "do not say anything bad about the people who've piled millions of rotting corpses in an offering to mammon" tbh.

All of this.
Hope you and your family can get through this with as much ease as possible. Sure is nice that we have the freedom to have this thrust upon us repeatedly for the rest of our lives

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Harik posted:

it's your body, don't rely on a piece of poo poo who maintained a c average in medical school to keep you alive.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Does this mean Harik has to take the ivermectin

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

fosborb posted:

no, it means get a second opinion if your doctor wants to give you horse dewormer. you're going to have to anyway, as the only way to get paxlovid is have it prescribed.

Exactly, so you ignore the doctor that wants to give you horse dewormer

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Colin Mockery posted:

my parents want me to visit them in a couple weeks but they won't mask anymore because no one else does and they don't want to look like crazy freaks, so im going to roll the dice because i love my parents more than i love my lungs

pray for me, thanks

We'll have to pray for them too because you can be the one passing an infection to them. Are you okay with rolling those dice? You can very easily wear a mask while seeing them (please do)

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Idk if anyone uses these, I've never tried them (fauci has! lol) but they are really cheap right now on bondafide

https://bonafidemasks.com/harley-n95-l-188-respirator-face-mask/
$15 bucks for a box of 20
and then possibly 25 percent off that, if the code TRUST works for everyone

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Phlag posted:

TRUST worked for me, thanks! These are my preferred mask. I’ve never done a proper fit test, but they definitely feel like they give the best seal for my face. My wife likes them more than Auras as well.

:yayclod: Awesome!

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Chamale posted:

Went to a walk-in yesterday and they still had the sign saying "LET OUR STAFF KNOW IF YOU HAVE A COUGH AND HAVE TRAVELLED RECENTLY"

They asked me those questions a few months ago when I had to get bloodwork. In the hospital. With zero masks in sight.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

fosborb posted:

??? it's been there since day 1. "how to hit your nasal cavity" followed by Ontario's health guidance link

Yeah this. It's much more clear than a chart that doesn't even mention low and slow.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjZotmeJHn4

Here’s an Eric Levi YouTube one too re: low and slow

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Another OP note: for me the link for 9210 Auras leads to a 404 error page, both on mobile and chromebook

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Rescue Toaster posted:

Not sure if it's worth putting in the OP that there are some respirators that have absolutely no metal and are OK in an MRI, like these from moldex: https://www.moldex.com/product/2600-n95-series-respirator/ or https://www.moldex.com/product/4600-n95-airwave-pleated-easy-breathing-respirator/ Usually available from grainger.
They're not very adjustable so if they don't fit your face, well, they don't fit your face. And of course ymmv because you never know what a MRI tech is going to say, but it definitely won't set off the little metal detectors, because there's none in there. I've personally gone through an MRI with a 2600 shown there.

Also some (not all!) half-mask elastomerics have no metal. Though at least one model I tried has a screw.

I think MRI safe masks are def good info to have in the OP. There's also the Redimasks

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Pingui posted:

:britain:

Sounds good, but...

:hmmrona:

quote:

Children with mild symptoms, however, can still be sent to school or childcare if they feel well enough.
:rubby:

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Awesome that everyone has to play Wheel of Doctors

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Do we know the expiration dates on these?

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Ok.

I wonder if my library has free tests still. That are probably also expired. gently caress hellworld

Indoor Dying has issued a correction as of 21:31 on Sep 6, 2023

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Jesus Christ. I can't process this incredible level of stupidity

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Thanks, just ordered the free tests :shrug:

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

But aren't there are other countries still needing vaccines?

Ew, they're poor.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Lol

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

actionjackson posted:

CVS scheduling says "Vaccine(s): COVID-19 2023-2024 (Moderna)"

is that the new one?

Make sure they actually have it in the store before you go
People ITT have gone only to be told that while appointments were being made, the new shots hadn't actually arrived yet.

Indoor Dying has issued a correction as of 20:44 on Sep 16, 2023

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Lol the tools

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Love how not going to restaurants is the most scary thing society can imagine, and that’s where the line is drawn

BusError posted:

Almost just rear-ended someone while driving because I was distracted by the sign a restaurant had out on the sidewalk which literally said "Get brunch or die trying".

Indoor Dying has issued a correction as of 21:38 on Sep 17, 2023

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
cool vaccine rollout, bro

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Don't know anything about these tests but it's $3.49 for a single test right now (+ shipping), says expiration date is March 2024.
https://wellbefore.com/products/cordx-covid-19-ag-test

Also I finally received my test2treat free tests, which are also good until March 2024.

We have the couple of tools for a little while somewhat

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
we have the tools cancellations

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Real Mean Queen posted:

They keep emailing me about how I've successfully signed up, and that's fine, I can use the encouragement, but I am wondering where those tests are at

Same thing happened with me. I emailed them yesterday to ask if the tests were actually shipped, they emailed right back saying I would receive a shipping/tracking confirmation shortly. I did not. Then the tests arrived today. Lol

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Isn't this what Bieber is dealing with for the last couple of years?

We're not allowed to discuss it lol

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
things will be better in mid-december!

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

can't loving wait to hear "slight holiday uptick"

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

I don't feel anger towards the worker forced to come into work sick with COVID by the austerity of capitalism - that's a situation where society is at fault.

I do feel anger towards the person going to a sauna or flying to the Bahamas while sick with COVID - that's a situation where an individual is at fault.

The situation we're in is a combination of government and individual failures, and the failures of the government shouldn't excuse the failures of individuals. If anything, whether it's fair or not, it means everyone needs to be more mindful of their individual behaviors and shoulder more of the load because we've been abandoned by the government institutions that were supposed to protect us in the first place.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Thanks, that's a really good way of explaining it. I might actually have to use your post directly the next time this all inevitably comes up with my family.

And coming at it from a slightly different angle regarding your last paragraph - if COVID minimizers who are otherwise politically aware are able to see through the much more subtle propaganda on other issues, then why aren't they able to see through the much more blatant propaganda when it comes to COVID? It suggests to me that the issue isn't that they can't see through it, but it's ultimately that they're choosing to go along with it because not doing so would mean they'd have to make actual changes in their day to day lives (i.e., mask consistently, not go to restaurants, etc.), whereas with other issues they can just point out "that's bad" without having to walk any sort of walk.

This too, it is so bewildering how COVID always seems to be an exempt issue. "Yup we are going to brunch in a pandemic but we're going to that good place that stopped using plastic straws!"

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Pingui posted:

:britain: Some potentially important Paxlovid news for UK residents in this article, which is mainly about how UK politicians managed to ruin a perfectly functional system.

quote:

the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice)

CDC Municipal Institute for Light Discomfort (Mild)

Indoor Dying has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Sep 24, 2023

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

tangy yet delightful posted:

Q: What to do if [BLANK]?

A: Get hosed.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Going to get Corn M'Narty'd today, although there's still time for Walgreens to call and cancel or say wait what updated booster, haven't heard of it, that will be $200 bless

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Indoor Dying posted:

Going to get Corn M'Narty'd today, although there's still time for Walgreens to call and cancel or say wait what updated booster, haven't heard of it, that will be $200 bless

Lol fail. Denied because it’s not covered since I crossed state lines (medicaid rules). Pharmacy person said she’s been turning a lot of people away. America the great.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Insanite posted:

the tools are somewhere
not there, though
and not for you

Found a Rite Aid that (incredibly) had an available appointment tomorrow. Guess I'll try there. It's like a scavenger hunt for the tools! And then you have to bribe a wizard to give them too you. So fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Just love that people can agree that covid is over while they simultaneously post about testing positive for covid. The ol "it's over but it's also going to be here forever, so get over it" kind of over