Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Jonathan Gannon is such an unserious coach. The Cardinals are the organization y'all are claiming the Packers are. They charge players for on site lunches lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I would prefer a loud public embarrassment to someone like Kliff who tricked them into running the Mike Leach offense for multiple seasons in the NFL

I also don't think he has anyone on defense who could run the scheme he was supposedly hired off of, that just so happened to have some of the most talented defensive players running it

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I mean say what you will but Kliffs record is gonna look a lot better than what comes next.

Absolutely, this is a team fully prepared to suck, unlike a lot of other teams that had better players and expectations. I think that if the bar for coaching were at floor level, Gannon would trip on it while talking about the need to always keep your eyes forward or some hokey bullshit

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Fields is nearly as bad as Zach Wilson lol

They have different problems and neither can read a defense but I still think the Bears could trick the Jets and get a couple more picks then start their new franchise QB savior Tyson Bagent to get them to the promised land of not drafting Caleb Williams

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Simplex posted:

I feel like Eberflus should be upgraded to spicy hot, as Chicago is already in full meltdown mode 2 games in.

When was the last time the Chicago Bears, a 100+ year old organization, fired a coach midseason

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

Is he? It really seems like most the league thinks he's a huge rear end in a top hat who runs his mouth and wants to embarrass him?

I mean yeah he's disliked but not disrespected by the league. Hackett has been an on and off the field Joke. Payton is considered a tryhard rear end in a top hat whose methods produced enough wins in NO nobody would take a shot at him

I cannot envision Payton handling losing well

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Twitch plays nfl coaching

I don't care how we get an offense of nothing but 4 verts and fullback dives, I just want that to happen

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Benne posted:

Ron Rivera has a losing record in eight of his 12 seasons, and somehow made the playoffs twice with a losing record. He is Jeff Fisher with a better PR department.

Analytical Ron knows he can coast on good vibes and a great nickname

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Benne posted:

Interim job is a terrible idea for Bieniemy unless he wants his career to stall out even more

Taking over a bad team that's checked out just so ownership can say "welp he got his chance"

If you do well you're not getting a HC job either, you're stuck taking another Assistant gig

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Benne posted:

Campbell had to wait 5 years and his interim run was largely seen as a joke. Bowles waited 3 years and needed a successful run as DC (plus the backing of Arians) to get the Jets job. I don't think either of those guys got a major boost from being a caretaker for half a season.

The three most successful interim HCs in recent memory were Basaccia in LV, Raheem Morris in ATL, and Steve Wilks in CAR. All are assistants still

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Leftwich does not understand why to use play action, right? Was that the thing learned from last year?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Jerry made a big point of this being a measuring stick game. So it probably matters that they weren't really competitive.

Yeah, and Dak looks like poo poo after looking solid in Moore's offense. McCarthy demonstrated he's a downgrade from the previous offensive guy. Jerry isn't gonna fire someone unless he thinks he has a short term upgrade on staff & I don't know if he thinks that's Dan Quinn

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Next in line for playcalling is Brian Schottenhiemer. Pretty sure they're just kinda hosed.

Establish the Run!!!!!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

InnercityGriot posted:

I think until the system proves it can't lift the floor on any QB that plays in the system, Shanahan coaches are what you want. Demeco Ryans is a good coach and a defensive hire, sure, but a huge part of why the Texans are so improved this year is because Bobby Slowik is getting solid offensive efficiency out of that team. We can see the McDaniel effect as well, McVay is getting good results out of a pretty low talent Rams team.

How does this translate to Stefanski, LeFleurs, Anthony Lynn (Mike Shannahan disciple), and Arthur Smith

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Black Sunshine posted:

The fanbase really wants to hang McDaniels' lifeless corpse from a bridge as a warning to future coaches but Mark Davis is gutless and probably won't fire him.

We might be 3-3 but it's a really ugly 3-3 and everyone pretty much hates him

McDaniels alienates his best WR within 1.5 years of being a HC. In Y2 he got rid of the original QB to bring a new journeyman in. Which head coaching stint am I talking about

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Kraft is a dumb stupid mother loving moron.

Or he's letting Bill get a real QB to ruin in a draft instead of trying to hire a replacement to Belichick. There's no successor to BB. His kid isn't as knowledgeable of defenses. Whoever follows Bill probably gets fired within 2 seasons

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Black Lighter posted:

He seems like a small-town mayor type, so I'm gonna go with that

He'll introduce a grant for a Community College to develop an actuarial program. He will achieve his dream nickname of Analytical Ron

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

BlindSite posted:

I think Rivera seems like a pretty decent bloke all things considered. He'd probably be good in a booth somewhere.

Rivera is well-liked personally aside from his coaching. He could have a Bears radio show within 2 weeks of getting fired

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Darlin he gives Love a bad name.

I don't get this criticism of their offense. What's Love got to do with it?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Whats to salvage

A 2nd from somebody else a la Rosen

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The fall of the Second Reich.

The Night of Short Drives

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nervous posted:

They sent out a burn notice.

Michael Westen wouldn't be a very good OC but he'd defer to his all-world TE coach Sam Axe

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Rivera is a dead man walking right? No way new ownership wants him next year, but no real reason to go the interim route.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

wilderthanmild posted:

Ron Rivera is only 3 years removed from his last playoff appearance, has taken 1 team to the super bowl, and has a winning record over his career, though he could have a just barely losing one if he goes 0-5 to end the season. Given all of that I think he'd still be near the top of a lot of lists for head coach vacancies this off season assuming he gets fired and also doesn't retire.

Not if he doesn't magically fix the defense overnight.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kirios posted:

I'm like 90% sure Tepper is the worst owner in the NFL. The Panthers are turbo hosed until he's gone.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38734726/arizona-cardinals-michael-bidwill-workplace-culture

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ady-sean-payton

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Oh, I'm right there with you. The Spanoses aren't going anywhere, and if you believe that the team can't win as long as they're in charge, then there's no logical point in talking about the team at all.

But I like talking about my team regardless of the glass ceiling they've imposed on themselves with ownership. I just want to see some kind of step in the right direction.

Does the GM determine things like medical staff/procedures? It's weird that has remained a constant for the Chargers since before the SD-LA move.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nervous posted:

Med students cost less then doctors.

Oh so they're Bengals West. Thanks.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dabo Swinney come on down

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Robert Kraft may be a lecherous drunk, but he's not David Tepper!

The writers are rubbing Tepper the wrong way, and tugging at the heart strings to make people hate Kraft less

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nervous posted:

Clause should just be that Tepper is allowed to meddle, but every time he does the coach gets to give him a wet willie.

Tepper hires a court jester who alone is allowed to ridicule him in order to keep him from meddling as much.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

Wait Staley hasn’t been canned yet???

Spanos is super cheap and probably doesn't care to pay someone else to suck too lol

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Can someone talk about Mike Tomlin's scheme background? Despite everybody talking about how great a coach he is, all I know is he deploys a 3-4 defense and usually has good defenses.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Sirriani gets fired, gets hired by Atlanta, still won't use Kyle Pitts.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Honestly yeah they should keep Pierce. He's cool as poo poo. That's my reason. They're the loving Raiders they need to think they're cool and play hard and/or dirty. Pierce knows he isn't a genius HC so he hired Marvin Lewis to help consult him on things and I think it's helped him a lot.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

I know interims usually don't get hired, but I wonder if Pierce has a better shot than usual because the Raiders were just in this position a couple years ago

Bisaccia went on that strong run as an interim and then they pursued an offseason splash hire instead of giving him s shot at the full-time gig

Given how that turned out last time, maybe they stick with the interim this time

Bisaccia had a weak schedule and COVID factors to the Raiders run.

This run has been benefiting from a couple injuries but they beat KC with Mahomes and Kelce in Arrowhead. I think the team is stronger right now than they were under Bisaccia, and Pierce has pretty much immediately changed the culture of the team post McDaniels.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I think that Andy Reid should be on the hot seat not because the team has no wideouts but because I am sick of the State Farm ads

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I experience a sensible chuckle every time I read the thread title.

Thank you goon, whoever posted that funny post.

:smuggo:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

McCarthy Galaxy Brain Take: "Well, if Dak has the ball sooner he can get it out faster! It's genius!"

Tired: converting Black players from quarterback to a skill position
Wired: converting Black players from quarterback of Offensive Line

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Holy poo poo Eagles. Sirianni is going to get fired tomorrow at this rate!:stare:

From Super Bowl to Cardinals' OC in two years, brutal for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

wandler20 posted:

I mean, are we surprised Jameis went against what someone else wanted?

Don't frame Allen as a victim. Allen is the system that puts crab legs behind a price tag, Jameis is the liberator here