Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

DrPossum posted:

Isn't this guy's main defense that the lawyers he had at FTX were bad and it was their fault because he listened to them? Isn't this just a big meta "I am always the smartest person in the room and cluelessly and smugly ignore the advice of my hired experts" that even an American juror can pick up on without prompting?

do jurors love clueless smug defendants?

He's not allowed to use that defense, because there are special requirements to using a "on advice of counsel" defense. Because his defense team opted against going through that process he's specifically forbidden from making that kind of an argument. This was part of why they did a full day of questions without the jury; the judge wanted to be sure that his answers weren't going to attempt to implicate his legal team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgG_b9L7dwo

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Lladre posted:

We should just close the thread now before we get to the hitler page.

It wasn't the hitler page until you said this.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

emfive posted:

Once when I was in college I was up late "hacking" in the computer room and it was extremely late and I got tired, also it was cold so I layed down .. lied down ... layeth me down behind the big washing-machine sized hard disk drives because lots of warm air came out the back, and I was basically a sun dried tomato when I woke up an hour later

One time I was cooking at a restaurant and the exhaust hoods were acting up and I was really sleepy. I went into the bathroom and laid down on the floor and it was so comfy and I was just about to fall asleep when I remembered what carbon monoxide was and I went home without telling anyone.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Schmoe Cwead posted:

im starting a petition to change the name of thanksgiving to non-binary transgender extravaganza

I just made an organization called Two Million Moms and we're signing this petition.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

tacodaemon posted:

how come metal fans will go on and on about how all the guys in Metallica suck but they still all love Metallica songs

Metallica is classic rock.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://i.imgur.com/XTObpTn.mp4

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You call that big band music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGoak4ISCPU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

veepfake posted:

snoop giving up weed feels like an end times sorta thing

He already did this before, like 10 years back.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Scapulor posted:

before they detonated the world's first atomic bomb, there was some concern that it would trigger a runaway chain reaction in the earth's atmosphere, immolating all life (and everything else) on the planet. The chances of this happening were determined to be non-zero, but near zero.

and by god we did it anyway!

and that turned out fine, so IBM should keep a little perspective. sounds like they've got some growing up to do.

I knew about this, but there are some funny details I just found:

quote:

During the next three months scientists in secret conference discussed the dangers of fusion but without agreement. Again Compton took the lead in the final decision. If, after calculation, he said, it were proved that the chances were more than approximately three in one million that the earth would be vaporized by the atomic explosion, he would not proceed with the project. Calculations proved the figures slightly less - and the project continued.

http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2015/ph241/chung1/docs/buck.pdf

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvH98Pud4I

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

RandomBlue posted:

spending $50 a day on rereging for the site I hate and that hates me

I hated the last fifty accounts but I'm keeping an open mind about the next one.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

bebop esq posted:

...is he in a closet?

Its called a cloffice and its really trendy right now.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

WrasslorMonkey posted:

RIP

You will be fist.

Uh maybe you should have used the avatar version instead of the uncropped version

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Representations of minorities don't represent the majority. Please give me money thank you.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

mags posted:

if you post yr password here maybe we can improve it

If they're giving it to wendys and not the trump thread that would be pretty insulting.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

tacodaemon posted:

I'm prob gonna have to get off the forums at some point in 2024 because the constant baying at the moon in cspam in hopes of seeing Trump reëlected is gonna be hard to take

Post these posts to a mastodon account so I can read them there.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Meanwhile in Israel:

https://i.imgur.com/xY9Sflr.mp4

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
What's a mustard that will make me cry? A REAL mustard. A mustard so sharp it will take your breath away? I need a mustard that's regrettable. I feel like plinkey would know.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

emfive posted:

Colman's English, there may be a specific hot kind

Also there used to be a mustard from some prominent brand that makes lots of pickled stuff, poo poo I can't remember, but it was a habanero mustard that was almost unbearably hot.

Trad hot mustard is "hot" because it has a lot of horseradish mixed in, so you can try an ordinary mustard and then whisk in some prepared horseradish, or fresh grated if you're hard-core.

I mean mustard-hot not like pepper-hot. Not horseradish either, but like the mustard flavor itself hot. One time I had one that was so strong I started crying basically, just tears flowing down my face. I was at a job interview and I didn't get the job, but the mustard oh my god it was so drat good. It made your brain lock up and you couldn't think until it passed but I kept eating it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'll bet h-mart has some hot mustards. This kroger poo poo is loving water its disgusting that they can even call it mustard.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

emfive posted:

Mister Mustard comes from one of those European immigrant companies that still exists. You should all buy their mustard products because they are part of the American story :911:

This is the winner so far. I gotta say, for being the mustard megathread people posting here don't seem to know that much about mustard.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

PDP-1 posted:

the best mustard i've ever had was when i went on vacation to another country and just grabbed a whatever jar off the shelf to make sandwiches for eating while going hiking in the wilds

it was whole kernel, not particularly hot, but fermented in vinegar and it was so good i could have just eaten it straight up with a spoon

then i got back home and couldn't buy the brand and have been trying various things and chasing that mustard dragon ever since

You say you're done eating mustard? BULLSHIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGkYr9R7n68

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I will blow anyone in the trump thread for spicy mustard.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7wntm7QVXQ

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I know I could do it.

Give me a chance I KNOW I could do it. I played DCS and MS flight sim 2020. I'm ready!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Total and complete exoneration.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

External Organs posted:

poo poo, they're making new goons!

Maybe he works at the steam museum.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
This is a fyad lite, so you can post goatse or whatever, but be sure not to break the rule where you're not allowed to guess that a celebrtiy has covid.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Filling out the form at the career day and the machine outputs "the book police from farhenheit 451".

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

VideoKid posted:

remember how the cops in uvalde let a room full of kids die?

I know it sounds bad, but those kids didn't read "Gender Queer".

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

CODChimera posted:

what game is this?

Snowrunner

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Shifty Nipples posted:

many things on the forum are very stupid, like taking Ham Cheek's buttons and my buttons

Hey have you ever noticed that like every post you make is about moderation now.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Its like when a journalist writes a bunch of stories about issues in journalism.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Shed your buttons and become what you were born to be. A true poster of the people.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Buttons to post-shares.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
There should be a reverse probe where you have to post every 15 minutes for 6 hours or you get banned like the bus from "speed".

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I hope everyone has a good christmas even my posting enemies, who are numerous.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'll bet they call her, say they got a probably fake report, and is she okay. Then she calls that "being swatted".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If there was a loving god doing that would turkyize the metal instead.