Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
My wife and I spent a few days in Chicago, and my mother called everyday asking if we were safe. Fox has them believing that Chicago is basically an active war zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If you are going around starting poo poo with people in such a way that they think you are attacking them you do not get to complain when they make you stop attacking them.

"I was only swinging hammers at them as a prank!" I weep as the ambulance gurney wheels me away. "I never meant for them to fight back- er, take it so seriously!"
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

PurpleXVI posted:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-10-04/airbnb-guest-refuse-pay-leave-luxury-rental

The short version: Rich doctor builds an addition to his house without getting it properly certified for occupancy and cuts some corners on it in general, rents it out as an AirBnB thing. The renter then refuses to leave, and cites that since the place isn't certified for occupancy, she doesn't have to pay rent, either. Local government agrees with her. Landlord tears occur, are very funny.
Goddamn, I can't stand either of them. How do they both lose? That's the only acceptable outcome.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Yeah, you're right. Thanks! I needed that pick-me-up.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Unlike cops, cats can sense your inner goodness or evil and will react to you accordingly.
I truly believe that cats can sense how terribly allergic I am to them and seek me out for this reason. They are malicious beings that only wish us harm or subjugation.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

my cat is a perfect angel though
The mantra of the subjugated.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Hyperlynx posted:

It's probably specifically because you're not paying them any attention. Cats get nervous about eye contact and people going right up to them, for people they don't know. Not paying the cat attention and just doing your own thing is actually a fantastic way to let a cat know that you're chill, not a threat, and probably a good person to get scritches from.

Bored posted:

Yeah. Unfortunately for allergy sufferers, you make it clear you aren’t going to eat them by not starting or running over to pet the Kitty. So you are ultra polite by cat terms and they would like to be your friend.
Well that sucks, but also good to know. The tables will turn now!

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Hyperlynx posted:

No probs. It's a pity about the allergies, too. A friend of mine with cat allergies seems to have had luck with plain ole antihistamines.
It's fine. Oddly, cats are the only animals that I am known to be allergic to, but I am allergic to drat near everything else. Pretty much every tree, grass, mold or pollen; drat near every seasonal allergy, I nearly max out everything on those prick tests (wink). I get weekly shots and take daily meds; I was just not meant to exist in this world apparently.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Inceltown posted:

Sounds like someone telling you to touch grass sounds like it should be a bannable offence for threatening you.
This genuinely made me chuckle. Thank you.

Splicer posted:

Have you considered a medical tapeworm
I have not. How do they help allergies?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Foxfire_ posted:

They don't, but at least you'd have a buddy always around to help you feel better about the sneezing.

The concept is that parasitic worms emit immunosuppressive chemicals to survive and have coevolved with humans such that baseline immune function is assuming a background level of immunosuppression and overreacts when you get rid of the worms. Worms cause lots of other horrible problems though, it's more of an avenue for "where should we look for new well tolerated immunosuppressant chemicals?" than "get a worm infestation fix allergies"
Ha! That's wild. It makes a weird kind of sense, but feels like it's in the same family as leeching. But there is a weight loss side effect to consider as well, so let's not be too hasty to dismiss.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Paper Tiger posted:

Face down, surf's up
That's the way I beach drunk

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I didn't, but every time I read this sentence I immediately start hearing that "No, No" song in my head. Was I wrong? It doesn't matter. Your warnings are useless! What have they done to us?!

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

best bale posted:

I can no longer allow this Jasta erasure. Jolt tastes like flat coke which is fine if that’s what you’re going for but if you wanted flavor AND heart palpations, Jasta was where it’s at
I see you fam. :hmmyes:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I just keep thinking about how jagged those rocks look and how very little protection they have. Sure drowning would suck, but getting run across those rocks like a cheese grater, I feel would be arguably worse.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

cult_hero posted:

That floor almost looks like mussel beds, which would flense ya something good in that surf.
That's what I thought too, which makes it extra stupid of them for going out there.

Takes No Damage posted:

Yeah it's pretty loving bad :gibs:
loving hell! I knew what keelhauling was but never thought too deeply about it. That Blackbeard clip has got to be about the most tasteful way to depict it, honestly.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

axolotl farmer posted:

want to watch a well made documentary about a sad terrible person?
I totally forgot about this dude. He started the Francis character here in my hometown. I'm pretty sure the table flipping incident happened at a local shop that has since gone under. And that's just one of my many lame claims to fame and the extent of my knowledge about him.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

spacebard posted:

I don't get it. Why don't they just raise the bridge or lower the road?
Why don't they just slow down or stop and go around?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Just noticed the growing dirt path around the post as the video progresses. lol

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

CainFortea posted:

People are loving morons.

One guy did it one time and shot himself in the dick and it went viral so now a bunch of other dudes have to do it to show how much better they are at pointing a loaded gun at their dick and not shooting their own dick off.
This is sounding like a self-solving problem. We need to encourage more of them to test their mettle, fuckin snowflakes.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
That's where you casually come back later with a metal detector.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
This slaps.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I currently have this fridge design, and I don't like to warn people because it is the perfect prank device (my ice doesn't do that though). It is super convenient for filling water bottles.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

that's exactly what you're supposed to do, push the button with your cup
This is correct. I will also add that I find this design annoying and can't wait until I can afford a new one.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Don’t hang out near trains.
And be careful working around them. A friend in high school had a dad that worked at a rail yard and was bisected by the couplings while linking two cars.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Is that actually true? That's a very common railroader urban legend.
I can only be certain that I had a close friend who's dad died and I remember he worked for the railroad. She later told me that he had been bisected. She could have embellished or created the story to hide something. But I remember him dying and my friend grieving, that's not an urban legend.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I feel like cockney rhyming slang is just what's left of thieves cant. How wrong am I?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
That's a terrible way to introduce people.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hat off: better or worse outcome than shoes off?
I feel like it should be worse, like a confirmed headshot.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Almost 20 years on these dead gay forums and this thread is where I get my first red text for a lame joke, and I can not be more proud. Thank you!

E: And a lame snipe! Along with the thread title I got in another thread, what do I need a probation for an SA hat trick?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Biplane posted:

Can't afford them; I was fired from my job at the dick sucking factory because I spent too much time jerking off at work :argh:
Not a multitasker either? I get it, it's like patting your head and rubbing your belly at the same time.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

I guess it's playing to the crowd and trying to encourage people to share it to further cultural war bollocks because I assume they know they'll get loving reamed by Disney in court
This is definitely the biggest factor. Disney just lost in court in Florida and look vulnerable to a political base that sees them as the enemy.

I also find all the suggestions for rehiring her hilarious because part of the suit (if they win) would compel Disney to rehire her. Like, why would you want to go back to work for a company you forced to hire you back? That is never going to be a healthy professional relationship.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

wash bucket posted:

Kinda like tricking someone into thinking their house is on fire by setting their house on fire.

It fizzled out at some point.
:dadjoke:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Glottis posted:

e: actually upon reading the article, it seems like it's more of a "I know better and still fell for this obvious scam, because even people that know better can get sucked in" tone, which isn't really how people are acting. I thought it was going to be "I'm really smart, so this scam must have been really smart to get me so here's what happened" type of thing.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I think the actual subtexts is that the even the brightest of the upper class of our society is largely barely functional with poo poo for brains philosophy zombies.
It can be both things. I felt a little bad for her because they did essentially threaten and harass her into a state of panic and terror. That was probably a very real feeling that could make irrational thoughts seem logical. However, considering her profession, background, and all of the giant red flags along the way; the pity runs out pretty quick. She basically paid $50k for a lesson in fraud and however many clicks and shares that article got.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Robobot posted:

They look super cool. I also like his weird boot sneakers. Guy looks like a 1980s GI Joe character.

“Walk-Off” would be a good name for him, I think.
Put him in a sports themed squad with Sgt. Slaughter, The Fridge, and Captain Grid-Iron.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Tiggum posted:

Nah, rent is bullshit because it's literal theft by extortion. Even if it cost much less and never increased, you would still be paying for someone else to own something. If you go into a shop and pay for something and then someone else picks it up and walks out with it, that's theft. But if you pay for someone else's house and then they keep it and throw you out, that's rent. It's bullshit.
So do you think you "own" it when you rent a car? Renting is very much an understanding that you are paying to use someone else's property for a certain amount of time that is not guaranteed to continue. There are lots of reasons to be angry about lovely landlords and high prices, but what are you getting at? Maybe I am just not reading you correctly?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Elfface posted:

They're massively different situations. A rental car is more comparable to a hotel rool - A place you know you're payinging a premium for, but you're using it for a short time because you don't want something permanant.

Instead, imagine if you needed to own a car (Even more than usual in America, like it was illegal to travel without one) but there weren't any for sale, only the rental agencies had cars and they were pressuring factories not to build more cars and buying the cars that did get sold and often not renting them, just keeping them in a warehouse waiting for the prices to increase.
Fair criticism, leasing was probably the better analogy. I don't know where I was going with that earlier; I was in a mood. Sorry for contributing to the derail. Truly.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

credburn posted:

Are sharks not smooth? I've never touched one but they look smooth :confused:
Like a baby's rear end. Not even worth mentioning.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

It would be lovely if people didn't piss in the street but sadly that's not the world we live in.

But if you think it's something that just happens in Europe then lol.
I feel like NOT pissing anywhere you like is a relatively new human concept. But what gets to me in all this, is why are they pissing in doorways and poo poo. That's just rude. How difficult is it to find some greenery somewhere? Return it to nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hard to tell as it was always completely flacid. Which sorta made it more creepy because if you're gonna pull out your cock in public at least have the decency to be erect I say.
Flaccid is more funny. Erect is aggressive.