Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
X JAKNNEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I assume all the entertainment industry wank festivals are having a hard time with ratings and nobody in production of em gives a poo poo anymore

This is what I see. The entertainment industry has nepotism'd itself into a death spiral married to executive dumbassness that's poisoned the whole thing. Nobody cares, millions of other things to occupy your time with and streaming isn't profitable.
I guess we can be charitable and call it a 'contraction'

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Execs like Bob Iger (he sucks too) at least pay lip service to caring about art and the creative people behind it. Zaslav just blatantly makes it known he gives no fucks and just wants that money.

Yeah there isn't a difference between executives besides how they market themselves. They are all ignorant, dumb, short sighted self-righteous dorks after naked short term profit above all else.

Once 'business' enters into art this is always what happens. It's the end goal by design.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I am also being hunted by the yakuza

I'm sleeping with all the yakuza women and they throw money at me and DEMAND sexual satisfaction

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I have a friend who makes a living doing art for book covers and tv/movie promotional art. I haven't talked to him in a while but I imagine he's legit scared shitless he's going to be replaced by AI art in the not too distant future. It loving sucks.

He's probably adopted it like all the other working professionals. ~AI~ is in the bubble phase and full of everyone that sucks from crypto and NFTs and all that garbage so it's real easy to dismiss and I don't blame anyone for doing so, but it is just a tool. So much of a tool it is literally built into Photoshop and Illustrator, right now. It's in the professional space and you are looking at tons of AI all the time and you don't notice.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Mordja posted:

I think techies might be, overall, the most demonic group of people in history. At least our previous overlords commissioned great art and built public edifices. Tech bros only seem to care about computers and pop-culture detritus.

You spelled "executives" weird, but agree.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

d00kiemastah posted:

Lol, so is it fair to say that getting rid of piracy was a big motivation behind the move to streaming for studios? It’d make too much sense if movie and TV studios destroy themselves because they were big mad at Pirate Bay

Because of streaming piracy has never been easier though

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Arc Hammer posted:

You can't just say that and not post the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9X_FmCbrIA

Finally watched this and

lmao

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hell is other people.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

piratepilates posted:

so is taking a poo poo, but you don't see people clamouring for more of those in movies.

hey hey
hee hee
I make poo poo
and pee pee

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Clint Howard be bussin’.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I care

about celebrities

please be nice to pratt

:(

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Anytime chris pratt isn't being talked about in this thread I am always asking "where chris pratt"

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Wonder how this will do, but also explains why that Empire article came out.

Is this a long-con Morbius situation?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

LanceHunter posted:

I honestly wonder if content mills like DiscussingFilm intentionally use dumb interpretations and show you how the quote doesn't back it up in hopes of getting hate-clicks from people who want to check and make sure that they are getting it wrong.
~discourse~ journalism is completely and utterly shattered. Everything is a content mill, google is broken and unable to cope with ad revenue collapse and everyone is running around as the ship sinks. Ad revenue is what broke it all, and now that its broken we're going to go even further and further into balkanized communities like SA here to actually get recommendations and suggestions while the social media zone constricts even harder to try to squeeze ever more blood from the people still there.

So yeah, anything to drive engagement. Hate and outrage are the most potent engagement tools.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gonna laugh if it's a masterpiece

Ok gripweed :smugdog:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
That there is more than one poster that whines about their ~RLM thread posting experience~ is hilarious

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I like that part in cobra when cobra cuts a slice of pizza with scissors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_Zt-4IxBc

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Mega64 posted:

Mutt hosed in Vietnam.

Yeah

Fuckin DIED

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

poisonpill posted:

Honestly???? $50M worldwide ($25 US, $25 international) on the first extended weekend is pretty incredible. If I were Sony, and I'm thinking streaming licensing and "expanding the cinematic universe" and getting to keep these rights, I'd be partying right now. I know the budget was pretty low, they might be thinking of this as a wash, at worst right now.

You can't just make money you dweep, you must make the MOST money!!!1

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Space Kablooey posted:

Video games are the next industry on the chopping block

followed by the auto industry :toot:

Burn it all down, or rather, 'correct' the markets.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I understand why Queen and Freddie Mercury makes a good subject for a bioptic since Queen ruled musically even if the editor for that poo poo movie was a random number generator

But ain't nobody give a gently caress about the Beatles to warrant FOUR movies lmao

This is Barbie all over again. It isn't well made movie, it's the subject! Hungry Hungry Hippos going to be huge because other property was!!!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i hope he comes back too but apart from the ppl posting mad @ him in here there are others reporting him mad for ages. and it's ridiculous, to me, to react that way to him, but at some point it's either actively probe a bunch of people he annoys or ask him to not post about the videos

smite the whiners from the fuckin' sky because all of them make themselves the main character by whining about their posting experience in the RLM thread in GBS on Something Awful, it's absolutely ridiculous that this is a real and true thing that happens constantly, that they do this and don't get pantsed immediately is the real crime. See when a video they don't like gets posted, on anything, everytime.

we used to be a society :jokerface:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

jenny posters were more trying to be main characters than xjakk ever was lol

When Jim from Canada posted her weirdo amusement park video with compliments on twitter was lol because he is RLM

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

colonelwest posted:

It’s been several years of constant attention seeking though, it was time for it to end.

Glad to have him here as a regular poster, but the stuff about his channel belongs somewhere else.

Molothecat posted:

that post is way more embarrassing than anything xjakk has done

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Vakal posted:

A while back on the discord we watched a movie that was entirely about some mining dwarfs trapped in a cave in and it was up there with the most boring thing I've ever watched.

Did they kiss?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
This thread is in GBS which means :justpost:

If you want a curated RLM only discussion then perhaps it should be moved to the true home, Cinema Discusso. It's only fair, wouldn't want the thread to stray from its topic which is "pretty much anything but not that girl and also not that guy"

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Lister posted:

Super strict rules about discussion is sub-reddit levels of moderation. There's still a line though. SA has a thread in CC for people who make videos and have a channel (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987059). Xjakk posting sometimes if he thinks he's got a good one can be ok, it would just help if he'd gotten better over time. Him putting up every video and posting production updates is too much.

I don't think this is true because I just glaze past the guy's post (he also just posted discussion stuff not related to his videos, remember) but I'd have to scroll past more than one post of people whining that xjakk posted at all. Just...don't watch his videos, don't reply to him, or just ignore him (using the handy feature) and then dang you don't even gota scroll past his post because it becomes a tiny-rear end line and you can instead read everyone else going "abloobaloo a person I don't like posted a thing I don't like"

I've never watched the dude's videos either but he isn't lovely and heck, that's good enough for me. Never not post.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

transfer xjakk's autoban to the guy that melted down at xjakk and got probed for a day

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Tunicate posted:

How about you just scroll past the posts you don't like and stop complaining about them?

mods ban this guy he makes me mad >:(

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Endless Trash posted:

read this out in a hacky old-timey Hollywood producer voice and you’ll make Mike very proud

*smoking cigarette emote*

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Improbable Lobster posted:

There are plenty of other threads where xjak could have posted his videos, they did not belong here and no one watched or discussed them but him

please this is an RLM only posting zone except when it isn't which is all the time

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Justin Credible posted:

Goddamn this is such poo poo lmao

It's hilarious and incredible

you could say

Justin Credible

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
the only balls I want discussed in the RLM thread are spaceballs

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

dakota johnson talking about madame web

It's cute to watch someone that's been given everything pout about how out of touch she is. The general public is dumb as poo poo, can't tell anything and don't give a gently caress about where anything comes from at all. She didn't have to make a super hero movie for Sony. That's her choice.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
For her to criticize aspects of the industry she works in while ignoring the parts that benefit her directly is silly and makes her criticisms feel flat. She only is able to do this because she was quite literally born into it. Don't star in the slop, you don't have to!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I hope they stop at an old, shut down Flintstones theme park so some guy can accuse them of being posers instead of "real" Flintstones fans.

lmao

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I have no idea what cliff you are talking about because when I watched Jurassic Park as a kid I went "cool dinosaurs!" and then as an adult I watch Jurassic Park and go "cool dinosaurs!"

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Spielberg has never given a poo poo about continuity and there's a far more glaring example earlier when there's a robot arm rotating the raptor eggs and holding the one they're watching hatch and after one cut it's rotated away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLz5Api676Y&t=24s

It even rotates back in to grab the empty shell from Grant's hands.

THIS one I always noticed though, but just went "oh well!".

I honestly just now understand the cliff everyone is talking about, about a minute ago reading the responses.
Weird how this:

happens with cool things.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Cool dinosaur!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
North Florida is the south, south Florida is the north. This is how Florida is.
Also, stay out of the center of the state. That's where Florida Man is.