Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I'll be 35 this year with a cat, maybe another by then, and a wife. Neither of us wants kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I think I might get a cat this year.

Do it, cats own

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Kalli posted:

Mine hops into my lap at around 10-11 am every day and falls asleep, forcing me to stop doing whatever and just 1 armed browse the forums instead of working or whatever.

We have a rule in the house of don't disturb the cat. If she is parked on one of us and we have to get up the treat box gets a shake

I. M. Gei posted:

I rescued 3 abandoned kittens in 2020 and now they're all grown up and stuck to me like glue. :3:

Hell yes

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

I know I'm like a decade late with this hot take but True Detective sucked rear end. What a deeply unpleasant show.

The first season was very good and then it went downhill from there

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I assume the closer to the election we get the less they will be putting him out there like last time

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

When can the Gavin Newsom era start???

Does anyone really want this lol

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Fifty Three posted:

I'm not an economist but I wonder how that spending relates to U.S. consumer debt also being at an all-time high

A lot of buy now pay later got record spending over the holidays

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

ah yes, the state famously hostile towards corporations

delaware

Here's my hot take: the Reeves movie is better than any of the Nolan trilogy.

The Batman is good but not that good

Well, except the 3rd one.. that one is not so great.

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jan 31, 2024

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

AoE2 was and still is the best RTS, in my humble opinion

hell yea

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Every time I see someone mention Diablo II it makes me mad that Marvel Heroes is dead

There are people trying to revive it via server emulator but who knows how long it will take if it will ever work right.. or just get poo poo canned by the mouse if it does

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Timby posted:

I mean, I'm no snob when it comes to movies; I own the Raul Julia / Van Damme Street Fighter movie on both DVD and Blu-ray. I own every Star Trek movie, even the execrable ones. Hell, I have a DVD box set of the American Pie trilogy on my shelf, and taking a cursory glance, right above it is Drive and right below it is Road to Perdition.

Josstice League is in a category unto itself, though. I remember my best friend was bringing up a new bed to my place in Wisconsin when I put it on, I was maybe halfway through the movie when he called to let me know he was in the parking lot, and after everything was said and done and he went on his merry way, I smoked a little weed to see if it made the rest of the movie any better and ... uh, nope. It most certainly did not.

It's just bad period, whether it's Whedon or Snyder.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Timby posted:

Graeme Revell's score is great and Wes Studi gives everything he has as Sagat. Andrew Bryniarski, who will never be confused as being a particularly talented actor (he plays the mayor's son in Batman Returns), is also weirdly fun to watch as Zangief.

Hard disagree, Snyder's Justice League is great.

But I don't say that as some sort of weird Snyder-bro despite loving ZSJL and most of his other movies outside of Sucker Punch, which is just ... deeply unpleasant to watch. It took me three nights to get through Rebel Moon. gently caress all the way off, Zack. I like your style, but if Rebel Moon is your vision of Star Wars, then I'm glad they told you to go pound sand.

It's really not. Snyder is a hack

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

I love my CX-5, it’s a lease for now but I’m probably gonna just buy it once it’s done

I’ve had to drive a few rentals over the past couple months and they’re the competitions equivalents and they’re just not as well made.

I had a CX5 for a while and I'd never get a CRV or a rav4 over one. You'd have to go upmarket to a q5 to get me to consider something else

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Snyder is basically Roland Emmerich with a flashier coat of paint, they are both one trick ponies that haven't made anything good in years.

They make big dumb, emphasis on dumb for most of them, action movies. They are what they are, but Snyder in particular just has this weirdo cult following where his fans think he is some kind of a cinematic genius visionary

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 1, 2024

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

ozymandius1024 posted:

The guy has a distinct style and has a great eye for visuals (which makes sense since he came from commercials, like Michael Bay), but he completely misses the point of characters in service of poo poo that is violent or looks cool.

That isn't a problem with something like 300 or Dawn of the Dead, but is really noticeable with his Watchmen and Superman flicks.

Much like JJ Abrams, who also sucks but in a different way than Snyder

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Shrimpy posted:

I'm not big on The Witcher (just not my genre), but I appreciate Henry Cavill's dedication to taking on roles where he's "just having fun out there".

It's too bad The Witcher sucked rear end so much he didn't want to do it anymore

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Find a CPA if you have anything other than a bone stock standard return

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

There is no way Hey Arnold is set in Seattle lol

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Man, this loving sucks

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

bobjr posted:

I was really surprised Netflix One Piece turned out well, but the people in charge of it really want to make it as good of adaptation as possible.

Oda forced them to reshoot stuff and I believe had some form of creative control so they couldn't screw it up like cowboy bebop

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

The first two are the best, and BL2 is the best one

I've been replaying the first one and I realized I never did any of the dlc for it, oops

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I have been all silent for years and now whenever I am around someone that still has sounds for everything it is incredibly annoying

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Alaois posted:

i see, so you're all apple watch freaks...

I haven't had an iphone since the 3g

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

The world does not need more ska

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

That’s right.

That’s wrong.

It is in fact Not Wrong

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So I now know that we could replace Stephen A with an AI and no one could tell the difference.

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1754911018575159564?s=20

Get out of here with this take

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I also am the one who loads the dishwasher. My wife will put things in sometimes and I move them around to be the right way later before it gets run

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Tiktok is the worst thing

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh my god aquaman 2 looks terrible

There is no reason to even bother watching it

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh for sure, but I meant literally.

Like it looks like an episode of Babylon 5.

This is unfortunately a problem that is not exclusive to Aquaman 2 lol

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

a sexual elk posted:

Speaking of Republic era cruisers.
Just converted this:

To this:

Nice

I really want the Venator to go with my Imperial Star Destroyer but I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

He crushed the poo poo out of his role in Tropic Thunder

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I want the LEGO Titanic but it's nearly £600 and I also don't have anywhere to display it, let alone build it

You can always assemble it later. I got the massive Imperial Star Destroyer set before they retired it a few years ago and haven't touched it yet

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

There is almost no way The Crow doesn't suck

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

Luckily HBO is showing X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Dear lord don't do that to yourself

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Community was good but the longer it went on the worse it got. I have zero desire to ever rewatch any of it even though the early seasons were good

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Pron on VHS posted:

I left out Hunter x Hunter, swap it into King of Queens slot

If I could only watch one anime for the rest of time hunter x hunter wouldn't be one I'd think about picking

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I just bought a new Miata from the place I used to work at and had it shipped down because due to interest rates being so bad and getting special financing promo through Mazda meant it was cheaper than replacing my S2000 with another S2000 by a considerable amount

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Pron on VHS posted:

love Mazda. 10 months ago I couldn't name a single Mazda model and now I am already smiling warmly at the 3, grinning openly at the rotary engine RX-7, and loving my Cx-50

If I was a millionaire all I would buy is stuff like the FD RX7 and NSX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

seiferguy posted:

When my wife's car croaked, we bought a CX-5 for her, which has been solid. I personally didn't want an SUV, but she likes it. I drive a Mazda 3 Hatchback, which I love. I wish Mazda kept selling the 6 in the US. When I was in Europe I saw a new Mazda 6 Wagon, and man... what I wouldn't give to have that here :(

CX5s are much better than anything in it's price range IMO