Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

smyhte opening the lament configuration ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I would simply not gently caress with the wizard. Built different, though.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

nice obelisk idiot posted:

The fascia operates partially independently to threats, and very quickly, before the brain can process things. Almost like how a jellyfish or a worm responds to stimuli. In people with PTSD, it can be way overtuned and it's part of the reason why it can be so hard to recover from it. This is fairly well known, but the body can also sort of store emotional triggers in them to function in survival situations. Like instead of going to emotional processing it gets bypassed and locked in place somatically.

A while back, I was doing yoga and trying to be extra mindful for most of a day. I could eventually perceive the whole fascial system and let it relax- I could basically ragdoll completely when normally I'm fairly stiff. Lots of crinkling. It felt almost like an internal speed suit. I then felt really vulnerable and had a panic attack, and my spine got frozen up in like 30 different hosed up ways though, oops.

I've noticed yoga can sometimes trigger my seizures. Wild how things interconnect in the body.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

nice obelisk idiot posted:

imo people are under an extreme amount of pressure and reality can be an exceedingly ugly place. also their identity and thus survival on some level is wrapped up in ideology. like it's possible to figuratively rip patches of skin off of people, write what's wrong with them on it, and hand it back to them. but it's not going to help them unless they have what it takes to make that useful. it's good to recall how painful it can be to have our conceptions of the world or ourselves run aground, and how people subconsciously defend themselves against that.

About the size of it. The actual results of things don't matter anymore so much as the illusion of hope, no matter how obviously fallacious that hope may be. Of course, such is the bedrock of, like, most fascism that's ever occurred in the world, the idea that you don't have to confront material reality if you just believe in a national ethos enough.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Weka posted:

All this inter sub forum drama has led me to what should have been an obvious conclusion. Cspam needs to begin the calm stalin project.

Yeah, true, although what's irritating is that liberals are more less "calm" than they let on, they just are granted nigh-infinite leniency, while a stalin can't even be calm, must be beyond perfect, must, in fact, be hitler to be accepted.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Smythe posted:

my terms were not agreed to nor even addressed by the formerly interested parties. methinks they are duplicitous devils indeed...

Known spiteful devil firstnamelastname.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

FF: g*d, why do you give me your hardest battles
G*d: you are my most antisemitic soldier

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

best wishes to you and your family hoot

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Playtime will continue to be over until morale improves.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

when is that fnln d&d thread getting ungassed so i can finally decide to read about it and think about it

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

lumpentroll posted:

is paulie shore dead

Paulie "Pinocchio" Shore

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

It is my vacation week. I won't be doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gn6nibWKg4

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Lot of "Free X CSPAM prisoner" I kinda shrug about, but I legit miss Bengazi 2 waxing poetic about 2000AD.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

its so annoying how modern movie trailers are basically an abridged version of the entire film

Kind of a return to tradition, as that's what old movie trailers used to do.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I loving hated wrestling as a kid because every bully that hosed with me was heavy into it, but now I wished I'd followed it a little bit so I hadn't inadvertently acted like William Regal and set myself up for all their Stone Cold routines.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

It is from the 1999 year long No Man's Land storyline.

That had some good storylines that weren't... that. Owned the one where Rene Montoya and Two-Face are having a stand-off at a show trial. Good issue.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I tried to get into Ms. Marvel because the concept seemed interesting, but it had the most dogshit villains and stories that felt better done by Runaways.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

not very peaceful

I'll be peaceful: Stroud good.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Chiefs are a Fortnite-rear end team.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Smythe posted:

beautiful day today. blue skies, sun is out, birds chirping

megalovania begins playing

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

selec posted:

thread, i need some help. i am paralyzed and cannot make myself turn and use my music making PC. it would take all of three minutes to do this, and I have a couple things I want to do on there that aren't directly music-making, including exporting an old song and dumping an image file to update my forums avatar.

but i have a lot of Psychology going on around music-making rn! i am trying to be better at accepting my winter hibernation, and i feel the feelings that mean i'll be making music again soon, and if that could even be today? i'd love that! but i can't bring myself to turn the loving pc on and just sit down and accept being rusty and feeling apprehension and do the thing. I am technically on the clock for about 3.5 more hours, but after that i'd like to just head up to the office, turn on the music machine, and do a few things, maybe noodle around in the ole music software for the first time in literal months. even typing this i feel anxiety in my stomach. i could use some help.

As someone in a very similar place with writing, the best advice I can give is... remind yourself you like it. You like doing it! You wouldn't have done it before if you didn't like doing it! Once you are fully in the process of doing it, the feeling of being a total loving failure will ebb away and you can just groove... probably!

If this is not good advice, note that I have not exactly followed it yet.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Rockford Files and Columbo both rule equally, the yin and yang of 80s detective shows.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

a miserable pile of secrets

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

docbeard posted:

Hope your parents come through this okay, Ytlaya

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

better to be butt-fuckable than bald, imo

...gently caress.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

probably for the same reason dwayne "the rock" johnson got his own very special episode of voyager: it was sweeps week

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Another royal dead?

but enough about the kennedys

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

docbeard posted:

Come home, Probably Magic, you will find no peace among the ghosts of HOAs.

i'm catching a cold, and whenever i do, i lose my ability to disengage from an argument. it's the worst loving superpower. god, marvel sucks so bad now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

aw frig aw dang it posted:

hooting clowns...

clowns never hooted before / beanstalks never grew....

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Tried out Pussers Naval Rum this week during an early Saint Paddy's foray, was pretty good though it made realize how much I really liked Meyers the one time I had it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

docbeard posted:

Apparently he plays Fortnite

Hootington Fortnite v-tuber stream when.

He's got an animal avatar, he's already halfway there.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I use CBD oil sometimes for my epilepsy, but it doesn't do much for me other than sort-of calm down a fit. Just remember people in college who made weed a lifestyle, and that just always weirds me out. There's not enough there to form an identity out of it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I want this poster sent back to d&d

joke's on you, i can't even see that forum anymore

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

loquacius posted:

my lore becomes ever more complex and incomprehensible

Honestly, the most concerning about you is being a Boston sports fan.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I like ketchup but hate tomatoes, which makes me a child, probably.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Koos Group and Kate Middleton are in Gehenna now, bless up.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

loquacius posted:

My stance of liking tomatoes when cooked but not raw is apparently fairly common, but I will willingly concede it's a baby-palate thing

Raw, they're more bitter, but more importantly, a texture nightmare, neither firm nor juicy enough. Like a half-dissolved orange.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

FirstnameLastname posted:

under the onion layers of every adult is a icky old baby

I am simultaneously 12 and 60 at all times.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

my_custom_username posted:

I'm going to eat biryani today.

Hell yeah.

I just had some General Tso's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Al! posted:

im going to make a sad thread

Fluffdaddy threatened me the last time I did, so I'm good until his inevitable downfall.