Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Sindai posted:

Was there always a little icon telling you whether it's day or night when selecting a mission? Was I actually blind until now?

yes, hard to notice though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
why do those geysers explode like a nuke if you grenade them anyways?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Spookydonut posted:

obviously you need to shoot them to run away or they will chase you, especially chargers

juking chargers on environment poo poo and breaking los leaves them miles behind

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Spookydonut posted:

i'm telling my democracy officer on you

look if they wanted us to kill random bugs we'd get points for it, holes, goals, and samples is all I'm after

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

TaurusTorus posted:

What sci-fi archetypes are left? Orks? Nanobots? Cosmic horrors? Posadists?

traitors, aggressively hegemonizing grey goo, trotskyist robots who hate the other robots

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Worf posted:

democracy loves skulls

if you disagree you hate freedom

I've got bad news for you about the united states armed forces

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
look for the lightning penis rock poi, that is the only place super uranium spawns

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

flashman posted:

That doesn't make any sense... Why wouldnt you design your hardest difficulty around the best most organized team? What's the big deal why does every random need to be able to select 9 on the difficulty lol

because I play video games to win and if I don't win it's bad design

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yo these bots are getting pissed :stare:

wait till you find the combination vivisection table and ritual sacrifice altar. also the cages!

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
https://twitter.com/EvacTouch/status/1766138124151775380?t=mLIGacLQ1ms9s-qfWV1HaA&s=19

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Jossar posted:

Only moderately related to this, but...

Apparently some of the names of the Arrowhead staff (including the CEO) are in the pool for your officers.

the last big patch changed out my crew 😔

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ulio posted:

Did they tone the diff down because of the complaints after the nerfs? I am playing on dif 8 and rarely see any spam on chargers anymore. I remember after the patch people were complaining but even on diff 6 you got elite enemy spam.

no in fact it spawns infinity bile titans on difficulty 8, just read reddit!

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Hwurmp posted:

why is armor pen not a 1-10 bar stat like damage, capacity, recoil, & fire rate

it is but it's not shown

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Quill posted:

Just started blasting this two days ago. Game good.

Where do I find the chargers for the daily challenge?

any terminids mission above I wanna say d3 or the low level kill charger specific mission

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I've been having a lot of luck on TCS missions with eat, emp mortar, shield pack, and arc gun; it's a very robust low downtime setup (don't die)

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

a fatguy baldspot posted:

So how does the game register completion of the weekly goal? I’ve done countless turn on pest control missions on each planet but only one (Fenrir) has been checked off. Do I need to be the host?

it's a community goal not a you goal

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

turn off the TV posted:

i was in orbit around draupnir. idk how the bugs would blow up super destroyers

I'm p sure nursing spewers can hit the sds loitering a single kilometer in the air

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
note the scorcher (plasma AR primary) demolishes nursing spewers hardcore and is a great weapon in general.if you're good with your secondary and you have a non explosive support weapon

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Qubee posted:

The cooldown makes me vomit. It's also relatively useless because there's never a single instance of bile titans showing up. They keep cropping up in waves and your orbital laser will inevitably be on cooldown.

orbital laser is garbage for bile titans, bring rail cannon or deployables

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I hate the senators dumb giant reticle that makes it impossible to aim

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Triarii posted:

There's a particular POI that has the buttplug rock but is not the super samples location. There should be another one somewhere on the map.

there's a lightning penis and a lightning packer, the lightning packer is identical except there's no radioactive cum

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Arc thrower really clicked for me when I realized I don't need to fully charge it to fire every time. My fire rate is so much faster now.

I just wish there were some sort of indicator as to when it was actually fireable

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Amazing Member posted:

I read this as the aiming portion is a hitscan, as in; the bot entity has an alert status query and starts a scan in its designated aim range and when it hits the player it shoots. The aim portion is hit scan, that's how the aim seems to be impeccable.

no one has ever used the word hitscan to mean this ever sorry

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

I agree completely. I wish the DM cut the uptime of :siren: OMG MAJOR STORY ORDER :siren: down to half the time, like every other week. Do give us major orders, but make half of them less critical and over a broader area so we can bounce between freeplay and dogpiling a system

smh maybe read some Eco

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

BlackIronHeart posted:

They start causing problems real fast when your game host drops your group 50m from a tank base with two of them. Being down 10 tickets 3 minutes in, we were off to a great start.

break los or flank or use a strategem, I do wish there was a better warning they were about to fire but saying there's no warning when they're giant glowing towers is pretty untrue

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Triarii posted:

I can't imagine getting mad about what the player base is or isn't doing on the map, given how open the devs are about being willing to put their thumb on the scale to get the outcomes they want. Just...do whatever, enjoy the ride?

They've stated multiple times that aside from the initial hundred fold more players than they expected they let the dice fall where they will and move the pieces accordingly

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ouroboros posted:

Oh yeah, that makes sense.

Btw does anyone have any idea what you're supposed to do on the eradicate missions? Every time I complete them it's by pure cheese, either running in circles around the map or hiding prone on inaccessible highground waiting for cooldowns to come back. The difficulty seems completely out of whack, half the time we are completely overrun before we can even get set up.

just bring lots of turrets, ems mortars, rocket turret, regular mortar and shield against bots, shield and arc thrower against bugs

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

This is going to be a dumb question but why would you not wear the armour suit that gives you a FIFTY PERCENT CHANCE NOT TO DIE WHEN YOU GET WHACKED? Feel free to explain to me why I’m an idiot

you'll also die less in better armor

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Queen of Midnight because I am a colossal dork.

:hfive:

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
gatling strike or two well timed 500s will almost entirely neuter a breach

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Parkingtigers posted:

Oh please, you are like a little baby. Let me show you how I joined the SEAF air force today:

https://i.imgur.com/kN9d0eS.mp4

sorry I can't hear you from the literal killplane

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
detection towers die to a 500

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Spookydonut posted:

i've tried so many times how did i manage to fail every time :negative:

a few of the layouts have really bad terrain and beacons will roll like 300 feet away

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Hakarne posted:

The new bot ships seem extremely unfun. Dropped on a small map with two facilities and we were literally just spawn camped by a never ending stream of gunships that hovered over the entire map and blew us up as soon as we landed. People complained about Bile Titans and Chargers before they reduced the spawns but this feels like Bile Titans that can fly and launch missile salvos and oh they can fan out over the map too.

I've had plenty of things irritate me in the game but this is the first that crossed over into "why even bother" territory.

once you're out of a medium range they stop spawning gunships, run away, kill the stragglers, avoid the spire if you can't or shouldn't kill it

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Hakarne posted:

It was on a small search and destroy map and there were two facilities to spawn them. There was literally no getting away, there were 3-4 locking on to you as soon as you dropped in and you were always in range of one or both spawning facilities. I'd destroy one with my hell pod then try to grab an EAT to kill another but oops there's another one that already launched it's missiles so you're either dead or rag dolled into the open where more missiles and lasers are waiting from his friend.

It was the most miserable introduction to them that I could imagine.

yeah between the foundries weird durability, bad terrain around them for actually approaching them, and how fast they spawn it's best to cede the ground they cover and if you can't you're probably just going to lose

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
they're stalkers with guns and also you need a hellbomb to drop, arm, and detonate without dying to kill their nest

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

TheDemon posted:

That's all cape and armor now. You don't get cleaned when returning to the ship anymore.

the plumbing broke on pelican 1

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I usually throw my mortars outside the walls at the start and they never die

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Arglebargle III posted:

Eagle rocket pods are very underwhelming. Wish I brought an orbital laser for point targets instead

laser is terrible for single target deletion, you want rail cannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
orbital rail and 500kg are on my bar 90% of the time, orbital laser is strong but it's limited uses is a bit annoying, shield generator is tremendously underrated, gatling strike can shut down bug breaches on its own, and ems mortar is a lot better in roaming missions than most people give it credit for