Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

deadly_pudding posted:

A goon predicted weeks ago that Tien's new bullshit was going to be SHIN KIKOHO, and it looks like that was spot on lmao.

I hope somebody calls him out on it being just identical to the regular one. Maybe there's less feedback? :iiam:

Ten's been spamming that move since his 5 second Buu saga cameo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blaze Dragon posted:

If I have to say what to watch...watch the original (or read the manga, both have their pros and cons, like the anime removing the ridiculous "EVERYONE IS MITSUMASA KIDO'S SON" bit but also removing important backstory moments)

I've never read the manga, but I know they didn't take this out of the anime. Or does he have more kids than the Bronze Saints?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Archenteron posted:

Episode was great. I really wish that after 17 got chewed out and they restarted the transformation sequence, that Freeza shot them next, and it keeps happening

Freeza's a dick, but he won't stop a long-winded transformation before he let's his out.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Shindragon posted:

I think someone said it already but it bears repeating, it feels like this is anime's way of saying sorry for the lack of 17 after Cell saga because goddamn do I love every scene 17 is in.

Also glad that we noticed the Hellzone grenade, it was awesome to see it actually do something. :v:

More like the anime's way of saying sorry for GT. loving Super 17...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blaze Dragon posted:

They couldn't. Beyond not having Dragon Balls (Zamasu had no idea what they were), there's just nothing left of Fused Zamasu to bring back, he was completely erased and in another timeline at that. He's super dead.

Besides, even if Gowasu did that somehow, as far as I can see, gods are not allowed in the tournament.

Now if he got Goku Black, that'd work.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

RBX posted:

http://imgur.com/a/z5z0Q

Scans for new Dragonball stuff

I almost thought Gohan was going against Go Onizuka, and didn't know what the hell.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Manatee Cannon posted:

working as a team to fight someone almost never happens and, before super, worked all of one time (against vegeta, tho the "as a team" part is a bit of a stretch)

Future 17 and 18 had a good run due to tag-teaming everyone.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

multijoe posted:

I honestly thought Roshi was just saying he was gonna kick her rear end with his newfound nofap powers,

He was, but her buddy was the 4th Universe spy and probably saw his recruitment episode. Who wouldn't assume the worst?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Calibanibal posted:

this was the worst episode in a while. would probably work better in the manga

You know the Manga will have everyone greet immediately taken out but Goku.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Toppo knows his buddy really doesn't like to be touched. Really.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Cease to Hope posted:

marron is not going to murder a man, jesus christ what is wrong with you people

He said cute a man in half. Not cut.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Piccolo/Kami probably didn't even know they could only live on water until they discovered they weren't demons.

E: And white people like cheese.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blue Star posted:

I thought Cell was called Android 21? Anyway, she looks good.

That was back when all we had were cussy fansubs by people that wanted to sound smart.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kashuno posted:

some things that are silly storytelling in DBZ, from Raditz to Frieza:

The fact that somehow, after knowing his tail didn't incapacitate him, Goku thinks he should grab Raditz tail

The fact that even after this fails, Piccolo tries to grab Nappa's tail.

The tail thing worked on Raditz, Goku was just a dumbass. He didn't try it the second time because he knew Raddy could just cut it off.

Now with Nappa, only Krillin knew that a Saiyan can train their tail out of the Earthlings. Maybe he really wanted Piccolo to get his rear end whupped.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TenCentFang posted:

Broly being good is the hill I'll die on. GT is definitely worse than Super, but I'd argue it has more redeeming elements; Super doesn't have cool characters like Super 17 and Blue pales in comparison to SSJ4.

You ruined that post by calling Super 17 cool. Especially since regular 17 is killing it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

CharlestonJew posted:

Yeah a lot of people knowing stuff that they realistically shouldn't this episode. Like I don't remember Frieza ever seeing instant transmission before this so idk how he was able to counter it so easily

The Ginyu force were about to gently caress the Yardrat's planet up before Freeza called them to deliver scouters. And Goku called out Jimmy being a Yardratian before the fights started.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

deadly_pudding posted:

I think Goku's gonna get some Zeno ki in that spirit bomb, and in a more ideal show we would get a cutaway to King Kai, who is still dead, going, "Oh, that's actually very bad."

Yeah you know drat well they'll raise their hands when Goku calls for it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

CharlestheHammer posted:

I did read the manga.

That um, doesn't happen, he wins through A weird bullshit skill that they all should have.

That hell loving Goku should have.

A twin brother that looks enough like him to get hit in the heat of battle?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Alan_Shore posted:

Lol why would anyone spoil DBS, the amazing punchy show. "I can't take the suspense! I must know who is punched before I see it!"

Cue reams of spoiler bars before people start just blatantly mentioning them

You only say that because Db/z were spoiled and over with before you were born. Probably.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

RBX posted:

Yeah Japan has never ever used a J and the older I get the more the J looks weird. We know alot more than we used to its just weird it stuck around so long.

And they were allied with Hitler in WW2. Coincidence?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Jiren is the same species as Roger Smith. Discuss.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I can't wait for some game or something to make instinct Yamcha.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kashuno posted:

Can't wait for the episode of Goten and Trunks back on the island, having fully mastered UI by fighting poachers.

You mean Marron impressing the boys by doing it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rirse posted:

But now we won't get to see the wonderful origin of Bardock being a supersaiyan against not Frieza.

Oh no that one came out with that Dragon Ball Kinect game. But it wasn't dubbed because I don't think even neo-Funimation could save that without going all Duel Masters/Samurai Pizza Cats on it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Manatee Cannon posted:

there's a fair amount of filler and slow pacing in super beyond the retreads

But the Battle of Gods retelling with God Satan and Beebus needs to stay.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Agoat posted:

Yeah there's cool fights with them but I wish they'd stop talking/crying

Hey they have to fill in that Steven Universe void somehow.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He didn't figure it out, one of the kaioshins explained what Hit was doing.

You mean the King of the galaxy, right? Then Goku touched his dick as thanks.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Manatee Cannon posted:

we are getting another fusion and it's gotenks during the 25 episode filler arc on 17's island that begins right after u3 is eliminated

You say that like that wouldn't be great. And Infinite Energy Marron.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Stallion Cabana posted:

A Kai being able to go even with a SS2 is considered insane and a once in a lifetime genius.

Yeah a Kai, not a Kaioshin. That's a big loving deal. King Kai was sub-Nappa. It doesn't seem like much because Zamasu looks like he does. He really should've been a cockroach man like the U7 versions.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

You guys are joking but that's just Fusion Zamasu's shtick.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Momomo posted:

Gogeta is a cleaner name but Vegito has the better design, so I'll always be in his camp.

And it may have never happened if Toei didn't try to snipe the Goku/Vegeta fusion reveal like they tried with Super Saiyan.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought Gogeta and Vegetto had different names because their method of fusing is different.

Yeah but the Potara were just earrings until Fusion Reborn came out. Then Toriyama did his thing to not ripoff the show.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

MonsterEnvy posted:

Thats pretty much exactly what we got of 21. Yet somehow according to several people it's fetishy and creepy. When its the exact same thing as those random pictures.

Toriko eating is always fetishy, though.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Justin_Brett posted:

Cabba implied he ran into Caulifla a few times before, so given his job I doubt she's not a criminal in the anime.

Her brother is a high ranking soldier in the Salad army. And she's at least a gang leader in the anime.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blockhouse posted:

neither of these things are accurate

It's only bad if it went like GT(Goku leaves for good) instead of Neko Majin Z, where the Son family chills with Uub sometimes to say hi to Goku.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

punk rebel ecks posted:

So 17 wasn't strong enough to beat Cell, but he's strong enough to hold his own against Jiren for a bit?

The same could apply to Goku, or more accurately, Piccolo.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

It feels like they depowered him too. He should never have been hurt by 17's attack.

C'mon man. You saw Resurrection F. Same deal.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kashuno posted:

I mean to be fair to Videl she was raised thinking her dad was the only person really stronger than her in the whole world, and she could surpass him and be the top dog. I feel like in the long run getting your world view completely owned and having it turn out you are actually below poo poo tier in the grand scheme of things would take the wind out of a lot of sails

That beat down she got during the tournament helped a lot.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Momomo posted:

I've grown to appreciate Goku, but all her other characters (other than Black obviously) still sound pretty bad. She straight up should not have been anyone but Goku.

Her Dukemon is on point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Calaveron posted:

I forget, so everybody in that timeline loving died then got their souls erased by God except for Trunks and Mai and then they went back to that time line but like 20 minutes prior or something right
I forget I was too hyped up when Trunks genkidama omnislashed the jrpg boss and then said boss turned into Giygas

It had to be before Shin hosed up and died. That means Trunks can get his own Majin Buu pal if he plays his cards right. He won't, but it's a thought.