Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

drat I didn’t know 4Kids was writing this

Well then it wouldn't be bloody, Zoro would be covered in jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They're going to put their foot on the barrels and proclaim themselves Nakama, a mysterious and powerful word with no direct

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 20, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gyges posted:

Thankfully none of the guys have to start hitting the roids right away, and the ladies have plenty of time to schedule them boob jobs even if we do get more than 2 seasons.

Also possibly some rib removal.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I'm sensing some tension amongst the nakama

ah yes a powerful word with no direct

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Julias posted:

Nah, it's pretty universally mocked in most one piece communities I've seen as well

It still amuses me to this day the word got where it got because Kaizoku was lazy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dude does have Luffy energy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Michelle Rojas is playing Yamato in the dub

Also wow I made the mistake of going into the quote tweets for a post about Yamato oof

Rojas will do a fine job, I'm sure, but I really feel bad for her Twitter usage now since she said The Thing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

I’m not stupid enough to check, I’m guessing The Thing is using Yamato’s proper gender?

Indeed and one can almost guess the responses without look. "HACTUALLY you will see in the Vivre cards Oda-sensei listed Yamato as 'female' and furthermore-"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gyges posted:

Sorry, but some of the arguments in the responses are so loving stupid that they are golden.

I will never get tired of 'official localizers are so terrible I'm gonna learn Japanese myself' and then find out that they were translating what was actually said anyway. Like doesn't Luffy call him 'Yama-O' which is basically 'Yama Guy?'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They use he/him for Yamato on the OP wiki, which is nice. Small victories, I guess.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

There was also a good portion of the arc where it really felt like Yamato was going to become a crew member, so it would have been a trans main character

Ah, Yamato was our most recent "ah, our newest Strawhat!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hell yeah Franky x Robin.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Elblanco posted:

Ice T was on law and order svu

Also he would be the one genuinely baffled by the concept.

"You mean to tell me they stretch out their heads and it's called Vegapunking?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, there should be a bingo card for Yamato whenever somebody says 'him.' Although there's honestly not that many spaces for it aside from the Vivre card.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It's just nami in a cocktail dress how else would he draw it

Somehow as even more of an unbalanced hourglass shape.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

All of the quote retweets are about the Ms. Marvel show lol

Ms. Marvel is an even greater battleground in the culture war than Yamato.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hopefully the live action adaptation will keep in these classic Arlong lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT83Gsy59mk

Legends say Bellemere is still in Arlong's dungeon to this day.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bleck posted:

People keep commenting on Netflix' stingy nature over the past several years but frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they've done so is so that they could actually afford to do One Piece without going bankrupt.

Oh, nah. Netflix had two folks who didn't have to agree on things to greenlight series so the whole service was a big 'Mom said no, go ask Dad' deal so the right hand cancels what the left hand did and vice versa unless they're a runaway success. (As the recent strikes show Netflix is extremely reluctant to admit to quantify what they consider a runaway success.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Professor Wayne posted:

My cut is yours for the viewing, but you'll have to find it first. I filmed everything I made in One Take.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gyges posted:

It seems like she's part of the fight at the base judging trailer scenes. Also it looks like Arlong is at Buggy's circus in one scene. My guess is they're expanding Arlong to be more involved in the overall plot of East Blue.

Which makes sense with Fishmen being a big deal in that part of the ocean and probably sets up a big fish small pond joke somewhere.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Infinitum posted:

Listen up maggots, Hattori's about to teach you the pecking order

Well done.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I like they let Nami go HAM with her staff as opposed to the comic.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tampa Bae posted:

I think they should go full kung-fu movie and have her extremely good at using her staff but just helplessly outmatched by everyone else once they hit the grand line to drive the point home that even though Nami was extremely competent on her own, the grand line is so much bigger of a deal. At the same time, make Usopp become Batman much quicker because he didn't have enough time to shine in Season 1. I'm still fine with the monster trio, especially since Zoro's introduction was Just casually cutting someone in half which is almost as badass as his "Nothing Happened" panel

I know Nami gets her power up with the Clima-Tact but it's one of those things that makes me cringe to think of at the cost of making it look good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

I love that the only actual bounty numbers you see in the Live Action also successfully mask just what a huge loving difference there is between the East Blue and the Grand Line Paradise (and in turn Grand Line New World and then Emperor Level poo poo). By the end, everybody is amazed at Luffy having the highest bounty in the East Blue, but Mihawk's canceled bounty means you don't see what his was and you can't see what Roger's bounty was on his poster. Seeing those figures this early would completely destroy that sense of scale and I love how the bounties making wild jumps up over the course of the manga slowly primed the audience for the crazy amounts the Emperors or Roger etc have on them, while still letting the figures Luffy etc get still seem like big deals in the moment as they get them.

When we get to Robin hers will probably be the highest we've seen at the time, yeah?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, Kuina was cool. :smith:

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Sep 4, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I really like Arlong in live action. The look is a little off but I'm not sure what you'd have to do - or more accurately spend - to get a more comic accurate representation. Great performance, though, like all of them.

Love how they lean into everything. Garp? Yeah, he gets his doggy head ballcap. Just sitting there eating nothing steaks and drinking whiskey like a champ.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SgtSteel91 posted:

So when you read new chapters, are you going to hear the dub or LA voices for everyone as they're speaking?

Out of respect to how Colleen Clinkenbeard and Sonny Strait murder their throats, I hear the dub.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

I find it kind of funny that they made Buggy extra sinister in his live action debut only for him to immediately revert to his usual self in every appearance afterwards

Now we get the wonderful arc of Buggy failing upwards.

I wonder if Alvida's going to have her, ah, transformation.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Upsidads posted:

Shame Zoros actors famous dad didn't get the vax and died from covid two years ago. He could have had a cameo as someone

Having Sonny Chiba as your dad is a pedigree that is hard to top.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gyges posted:

If we ever do get to Brook, I hope he's just a skeleton puppet with the strings edited out.

Franky's going to be a fun challenge.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Irony Be My Shield posted:

OK I will stop dooming about the series, that's an insanely strong opening performance.

Is it enough for a second season? Who knows! Netflix sure won't say.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, imagine Marineford and all the nonsense flying hither and yon during the battle.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

I love that they think Oda not answering questions is anything new, like 3/4 of the SBS are taking the piss.

Yeah, like everybody's birthday comes from people writing in and saying when they think it should be.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bitmap posted:

and yet...I need more one piece...

Well I'm told it's all hidden in one place. You just have to find it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The amptp are not doing anything in good faith so they continue to lose money and hire PR people to make it seems like they are the poor CEOs being bullied by those nasty writers and actors. Personally I hope they all go on submarine adventures.

It's funny how badly it's working too, like nobody is on the CEOs side. They genuinely do not seem to understand that we've been able to see all the stuff they're saying, like driving the WGA into homelessness and nobody is shouting at the writers and actors to get back to work because we've all got a lot of content to keep us going for ages.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Luffy is my nakama

A powerful word meaning

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

junan_paalla posted:

Luffy wants to be the freest man on the sea so he can escape the world government's tyrannical laws and reach his real dream of marrying a giant piece of meat on a bone and then eating it

That's a horrible thing to call Hancock.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Thanks for whomever mentioned Pirate Warriors 4 was on deep discount. It's fun in that way of all Musou games, just throw on a podcast and mindlessly grind against Baroque Works. Working on making Tashigi a killing machine because she deserves being cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Took me a second. "Oh, the MISTER Beast Pirates."