Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Next time you pop your dick in your mouth do us all a favor and bite down, smart guy.

I advise you to not do this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Hollismason posted:

Having a boar for a president would be really tedious.

Amazing

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

VitalSigns posted:

That's why I said "ultrawoke folk" ie not the nonvoting young and poor and the PoC who are disenfranchised, but the ones who could have voted to protect those people but chose not to exercise the privilege.

Aaaaalmost believable if you didn't relentlessly berate every disenfranchised person you encounter for their "wokeness," rape joke guy. Nobody offends you more than people who have problems you can't attribute to failing to be Vital Signs so maybe you stop telling people how to live and start chewing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

I really didn't know people took her seriously? everytime someone has posted in this thread it's just been random fantasy that is shown to be false within a day of being posted, I don't know who the audience is for just throwing out a wild claim after wild claim without any of them coming to pass.

At least with the rightwing conspiracy theorists, they make the story about some secret hidden from the public about devil worshipping abortion doctors, her stuff seems to be "got word they will be serving the impeachment papers by tomorrow" and that one is just disproven by time, but the rightwing conspiracy theory will keep living on.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 29, 2017

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I really didn't know people took her seriously? everytime someone has posted in this thread it's just been random fantasy that is shown to be false within a day of being posted, I don't know who the audience is for just throwing out a wild claim after wild claim without any of them coming to pass.

It's comforting to think that only the right wing falls for obvious bullshit from those who are desperate for fame and clicks.

Mensch and a parade of dumbasses during the primary shows that brokebrainery is the one biparitsan unifier we have left.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Paracaidas posted:

It's comforting to think that only the right wing falls for obvious bullshit from those who are desperate for fame and clicks.

Mensch and a parade of dumbasses during the primary shows that brokebrainery is the one biparitsan unifier we have left.

doesnt jimmy dorne believe the rich mathews thing and act like the russia stuff is all fake and evil CIA poo poo. i am starting to think everyone related to young turks is loving poo poo now.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Unormal posted:

Can someone tell me why carry-on laptops can explode but checked laptops can't?

I think the ideas planting an explosive or their components inside a laptop disguise hoping to convince any inspectors (if you can call those idiots that) they're laptop parts. Later, they'll get the explosive ready for boom boom in the bathroom or something. Then once on the plane or wherever they can set it off.

It's just easier to slip by without it getting noticed, to the target, and actually set off at the right time bringing in parts rather than a ready to boom bomb.

Then there's the type of explosive used. Some shake and bake explosives (organic peroxides) tend to go boom whenever they feel like so mixing them on site's a good idea.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yeah, her being posted has been kinda comforting, actually. With the right wing, you get thernovich posting "LIBCUCKS RAPE AND THEN EAT BABIES TO TASTE THEIR OWN CUCKCUM I HAVE PROOF: [literally just a white image with black text that says "Hey Mike, I just found out that libcucks rape and then eat babies in order to taste their own cum. Frightening stuff."]" And the brokebrains on the right eat it up with a spoon. a year later, you'll still have alt-righties in arguments saying "WELL YOU RAPE AND EAT BABIES TO TASTE YOUR OWN CUM, LIBCUCK! PROOF: [link to original tweet, still up in defiance of decency and god's will]".

Mensch get posted here, and we have a few people saying "…Oh man, I want this to be true, but is anyone else backing it up?" Then someone else says "No, she's full of poo poo" and we go back to debating if donald making GBS threads himself at a press conference, and asking a reporter if she's his mommy will actually matter.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Aaaaalmost believable if you didn't relentlessly berate every disenfranchised person you encounter for their "wokeness," rape joke guy. Nobody offends you more than people who have problems you can't attribute to failing to be Vital Signs so maybe you stop telling people how to live and start chewing.

I wasn't berating "every" person, I was berating Trabisnikov for making a specific bad argument and by extension everyone who agrees with that argument: the argument that it's fine to choose not to vote in Texas because Republicans always win anyway.

I think the existence of voter suppression imposes an even greater duty on comfortable White people who have the choice to vote to do so to protect the disenfranchised minorites that are the victims our despicable state government. "Republicans always win" is a lazy cop-out from people who have the privilege to vote and choose not to, but I value your perspective: what do you say to people like Trabisnikov?

Sorry about the rear end-loving joke, I agree it was crude and unnecessary of me.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I was gonna say that it's pretty neat/awful watching the diplomacy of the last 70+ years unravel in real time, but it's not really real time. We're fast forwarding. In just the last few weeks we've betrayed British and Israeli intelligence, failed to pledge adherence to NATO mutual defense, and dropped out of the UN climate accord (rumored, but uhh). We're cozying up to our largest enemy of the last ~60 years (after getting duped by them in the election) while alienating our most serious allies, and the whole world knows that we elected a mentally deficient crook. And that's not even getting into all the domestic issues.

I can't even imagine what the world will look like if this keeps up for the next four years.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

drat.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/868967403589435392

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Any weakening of our position in the world stage , strengthens China and Russia I'm pretty sure.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Hollismason posted:

Any weakening of our position in the world stage , strengthens China and Russia I'm pretty sure.

That's what's the most frustrating about all of this. Trump ran on nonsense about having a strong foreign policy, but like a child he's just managed to break something that he didn't understand. Trump has hastened America's decline on the world stage considerably.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Middle school is a jungle of meanness and eighth graders are their apex predators. Paul Ryan's bitch rear end never stood a chance against that much concentrated meanness.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Maybe that could be a good thing in some circumstances but in this case it's not. Russia seems to have a pretty good understanding of internet propoganda and is pushing and supporting far right ideologies across the world.

I am not exactly sure why though that benefits them specifically unless far right government are more likely to be isolationist.

I'd actually like to know why they are because it seems with far right governments war seems more likely.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Hollismason posted:

So what? We get to drone fewer people wah wah wah my geopolitical kissinger boner.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

There is still hope for the future. :unsmith:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Hollismason posted:

So...trump good?

say no to scurvy
Nov 29, 2008

It is always Scurvy Prevention Week.

Hollismason posted:

Maybe that could be a good thing in some circumstances but in this case it's not. Russia seems to have a pretty good understanding of internet propoganda and is pushing and supporting far right ideologies across the world.

I am not exactly sure why though that benefits them specifically unless far right government are more likely to be isolationist.

I'd actually like to know why they are because it seems with far right governments war seems more likely.

Far left governments are a threat to petro profits.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

zonohedron posted:

Sure. I grew up in a solid red district and now live in a totally different somewhat-bluer district, in states where the electoral votes are a foregone conclusion, and there's always some races where a Republican (or a Libertarian!) is running unopposed. But I would be very surprised to find any ballot, anywhere in the US, that in 2016 had HRC on the ballot and no other Democrats, even in Darkest Horrible Darkness, Idaho.

However I am pretty sure we're just arguing for the sake of argument. Maybe we could argue like Canadians on Twitter instead?

There's always my favorite game, "vote against the incumbent", especially fun when the race is contested but none of the candidates are Democrats. (Besides, the benefit is in showing that a non-Republican almost won this time, so appropriate lessons can be learned, much like how it'd be better if Quist had won than it is that he lost, but it's better that he lost narrowly than if he had lost by a giant margin. (Appropriate lessons like "maybe don't send Bernie to campaign in Montana" or "maybe run somebody with some political experience whenever possible", that kind of thing.))

I admit I probably pulled out the "stupid mother fucker" on farrady too early.

America sucks, those Canadians own.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

I'm looking at the evidence and I'm seeing that old fucks who turned out at 80% won control of everything, and the ultrawoke folk who turned out at 40% because "wake up sheeple, your one vote won't single-handedly give you everything you want, it's all rigged maaaaaaaaaaan" lost all over the country and are going to be relentlessly hosed in the rear end for at least 2 years, sooooo

And they voted themselves into poverty as they die, wrinkled and living in their kids basement.

I'm fine with Karma, personally.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

flashman posted:

Not voting because neither option offers you what you deem important is legitimate. It is the job of the party to win those votes, not the obligation of the voter to press D because they aren't the Republicans.

This is it, this is the problem right here, and why people keep calling this choice evidence of being an utter shithead. If you don't deem the rights of minorities/Muslims/LGBTQ folks/women/prisoners of war/etc, or for that matter healthcare and the environment in general, if you don't deem any of that and a thousand other things we're looking at losing/have already lost important enough to vote for someone you aren't entirely satisfied with when you are fully capable of doing so then you are a loving rear end in a top hat. Trump made no secret about how he felt and what he was going to do and surrounded himself with people of arguably even worse opinions, it's not like anything about this administration is remotely a surprise to anyone paying any kind of attention (except, perhaps, how incompetent they are).

Of course it's a legitimate decision. It's also a legitimately lovely and selfish decision. All decisions come with consequences, and being regarded as a loving rear end in a top hat goes along with this one.

I am so tired of the false equivalency of the 2016 election, like there was barely any space between Trump and Clinton. There was a loving mile wide canyon. People need to stop making excuses.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BiohazrD posted:

So...trump good?

China's one thing, Russia is another entirely

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Ogmius815 posted:

That's what's the most frustrating about all of this. Trump ran on nonsense about having a strong foreign policy, but like a child he's just managed to break something that he didn't understand. Trump has hastened America's decline on the world stage considerably.

Watching neocons and interventionist neolibs cry about America's self-inflicted wrecking of its hegemonic worldwide murder empire, which they so carefully built up over 120 years is the lone bright spot of a Trump presidency.

Hahahahahaha sorry it'll be harder to bomb furriners in the future.

E: don't worry I still voted for Hillary, because Trump being president still ain't worth it

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 29, 2017

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

China's one thing, Russia is another entirely

Russia's economy is not recovering even if the USA decides to melt down. They are all in on resource extraction, oil in particular, and that is never coming back.

e: Yes I get the irony of saying that as a Canadian

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

flashman posted:

Not voting because neither option offers you what you deem important is legitimate. It is the job of the party to win those votes, not the obligation of the voter to press D because they aren't the Republicans.

If opposing a rapist Nazi traitor scumbag conman science-denying pedophile dumbass manchild from seizing absolute uncontested power isn't important to you, you at least need to own that poo poo and say "I don't care about burning down the world if I don't see what's in it for me personally".

You people would be loving atrocious in an action movie, you know that? "Sure, the sphere is going to wipe out all life in the universe, but what has the fifth element ever done for us? Besides, life isn't perfect, maybe an unending hellscape of death and torture is what we need to whip things into shape"

This is the major takeaway from the election - people just don't loving care about opposing racism, sexism, homophobia, hate, greed, all of that as much as right wingers care about supporting those things. But somehow, that is the parties failure, and not a sign of the voters being hosed up people.

flashman posted:

If you think the Democrats platform was progressive I'm not sure what to tell you. \
Maybe you can try saying "I'm a dumbfuck who didn't even bother to look at the platform, because I think that the Dems lost because they wren't left enough and no facts will ever pry that thought out of my egg-sized brain".

I think the next president actually does need to go on an apology tour, and own it. However, she can't say that she's apologizing for America, she has to say she's apologizing for Republicans. Say they are stupid, violent, corrupt and cruel, and that America will do everything it can to stop Republicans getting elected again. Adopt the tone of a single mother apologizing for an atrociously behaved child, give the sense that the adults are back now.

Nocturtle posted:

How many of those were in swing states though? In the electoral college system a lot of those people would have been completely correct to conclude their vote was irrelevant.

And yet they didn't see that problem in 2012.

bencreateddisco posted:

The libs in here complaining about voter apathy are the political equivalent of "red-pilled" loudly complaining about how vapid women are for not being interested in them.

I must have missed how someone not sleeping with a guy leads to millions of people dying, something that the woman is fully aware of and yet she still doesn't see any good reason to do it.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It isn't just laziness. Americans as a whole are disillusioned with politics something fierce. The support for the Democratic party by registered Democrats is often luke warm at best. They just aren't a left party anymore. They're still corporate-owned centrists. They're better than Republicans sure but it's hard to motivate Democrat voters for some very good reasons. No matter what happens Wall Street is still in control.

The reason why its hard to motivate Democratic voters is largely because so many of them will gladly accept this kind of horseshit propaganda as the absolute truth and will actively fight against any attempt to disabuse them of this notion.

The reason for so many problems in America is largely because people keep saying "politicians" in cases where they should be saying "Republicans". "Republicans" always break their campaign promises. "Republicans" just want to seize more power and don't care about average Americans. "Republicans" only listen to their corporate masters and will never do anything to offend them.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/868979531641741313

He is such a stupid person.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Thread just got real.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Watching neocons and interventionist neolibs cry about America's self-inflicted wrecking of its hegemonic worldwide murder empire, which they so carefully built up over 120 years is the lone bright spot of a Trump presidency.

Hahahahahaha sorry it'll be harder to bomb furriners in the future.

E: don't worry I still voted for Hillary, because Trump being president still ain't worth it

I'll be happy if we can deconstruct the US global hegemony but maybe in a way that doesn't start a giant hot war.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/868979531641741313

lol $1t cut = "add more money"

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

He learned all there was to know about healthcare and now he has bestowed upon us his grand solution: add more dollars to healthcare.

If this tweet isn't an obvious sign of a degenerative brain disease then idk what is

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

I'll be happy if we can deconstruct the US global hegemony but maybe in a way that doesn't start a giant hot war.

Would you accept a giant wet fart?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

the propaganda is on target for his audience

look at him qualifying his statements on twitter now

SNL needs to do a skit with lawyers proofreading his tweets

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

empty whippet box posted:

He learned all there was to know about healthcare and now he has bestowed upon us his grand solution: add more dollars to healthcare.

If this tweet isn't an obvious sign of a degenerative brain disease then idk what is

We're just seeing the effect of lawyering up on his tweets. This thing was probably beautiful before the pencil pushers got ahold of it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It'll be more money per person once the US population gets decimated.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

It'll be more money per person once the US population gets decimated.

To be fair that's already accounted for in the CBO.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/868985285207629825

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"Once the Poorkiller Virus is released in Times Square @ midnight on New Years Day 2018, we'll have less people to worry about giving healthcare! Just got *my* vaccine! #ouchie"

*five minutes later*

"There is no Poorkiller Virus, and if there was, it would only kill Democrats! #wasntkidding"

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 29, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Wark Say posted:

Meanwhile, Trump can't be assed to walk past the buffet table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

This is really insidious.

He's tweeting to make sure his base knows that the only source of REAL AUTHENTIC TOTALLY NOT FAKE news is from his fat loving fingers.

• Locked thread