Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It was the most transparent thing. A new poster with a regdate of the same day you got perma'd on, talking about the post that got you perma'd that you made months ago, posting in the same threads you posted in?

thepopmonster posted:

Localized entirely within this forum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Endless Mike posted:

I don't really think a Huawei is a legitimate improvement over an OPO.

Ojjeorago posted:

Shooting yourself in the balls is a legitimate improvement over an OPO.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

blatman posted:

Who needs toilets when you can poo poo in one of those airblade dryers

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Kvlt! posted:

this is the thread's hottest controversy since i asked what is the best necrophilia film when i was 14 years old

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Quiet Feet posted:

Private Joker: Is that... a hole in the ground?
Private Pyle: Two point three liters per flush. Full... Asian... Toilet.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: What is this Mickey Mouse poo poo? What in the name of Jesus H. Christ are you animals doing in my head? Why is Private Pyle out of his bunk after lights-out? Why is Private Pyle squatting over that hole? Why aren't you stomping Private Pyle's guts out?

Private Joker: Sir, it is the private's duty to inform the senior drill instructor that Private Pyle has a full colon that is locked and loaded, Sir!

[pause]

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: [slowly and strictly] Now, you listen to me, Private Pyle. And you listen good. I want that poo poo, and I want it now. You will place that poop on the deck at your feet, and step back away from it.

[Private Pyle grins and aims rear end at Hartman]

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: [raising his voice] What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?

[Private Pyle shits Hartman, killing him]

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Haha i lost that round of Guess The Thread hard

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Freddie Wong bought Johnny Five Aces for $5,100.

MrSpiffy posted:

I have come out of my cave of being an internet has-been to purchase this. I have the winning bid.

Roll your eyes all you want - I think this drawing is important.

I was there for the original thread, and the SA forums of that time period formed my dumbass sense of humor. That single piece of art, with the jaunty leg tilt, crotch bulge, and unorthodox card handling technique, has brought me more joy than just about any weird internet thing I've ever encountered. It's pure art - drawn by someone with genuine intent to contribute to a collaborative internet project, and like a fuckin herald of the cesspool internet to come, that project flamed out as internet strangers from around the world came together to dunk hard on it. It's one of the earliest examples of how a bunch of anonymous strangers with mixed intentions collaboratively created something far greater than the sum of its parts, and must be preserved.

This drawing and the ideas it inspired brought people together. It continues to do so. The artist claimed that dumb gently caress $150,000 banana taped to a wall is worth that much because of the "idea" of it. If so, then what is the endless fount of inspiration that this drawing represents worth?

Like the balls on the edge of the cliff, forever appearing and knocking the next one down, Johnny Five Aces will go on forever motherfuckers.

I eagerly anticipate receiving this, getting it properly framed, and lending it out to any art exhibits of internet ephemera that might happen to pop up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Friend posted:

I'm kinda sad it didn't actually go for 4420.69 in the end, but this is really the best ending the saga could've had :allears:

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

To this day I will still burst out laughing in the middle of a funeral if I accidentally think of Zybourne Clock.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Of course this guy's a goon with a drat 2000 reg date... SA used to be a real breeding ground for internet celebrities.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
It's actually being reported on BBC news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50817558

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I knew Freddie Wong from his goofy YouTube videos before I knew he was a goon, lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Krazyface posted:

What's BofAML???

Epic High Five posted:

BOFA DEEZ MARXIST-LENINISTS

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Finding out that a Goon was the buyer is a bit of a disappointment though.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

This is the news!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Still waiting on a full explanation for Johnny Five Donuts Not really, I just want people to know it existed.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

quote:

Something Awful has contributed many influences, good and bad, in online culture - being the start of British journalist Eliot Higgins' work as Brown Moses and Bellingcat and having birthed the Slenderman urban myth in 2009 - but Zybourne Clock was not one.

James attributes a lot of the attention paid to Johnny to Something Awful, and in 2010, the character made its way into a real-life video game, hidden in Fallout: New Vegas.

"For some reason these forums seem to be at the hub of a lot of weird online cultural things, so I'm not surprised it's seeped out".

Ladies and Gentleman: our place in history.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Still waiting on a full explanation for Johnny Five Donuts Not really, I just want people to know it existed.

Probably named after the robot from Short Circuit

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Shut up Meg posted:

There’s probably a book in explaining all of the ways these forums have influenced today’s culture. One chapter for each notable forum or subforum, go down the list.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
I hope a bunch of people join the forums in hopes of getting nerd bux

Plan: join the SA forums, draw dumb picture, get made fun of a lot, ???, profit?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Arivia posted:

There’s probably a book in explaining all of the ways these forums have influenced today’s culture. One chapter for each notable forum or subforum, go down the list.

I think the best we have right now is this extended interview with several of the SA old guard

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Shut up Meg posted:

I like the term seeped; I like our seepage

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Smiling Mandrill posted:

My grandfather survived storming Iwo Jima. In the battle he won two bronze stars. Later in the war he would be forced to survive 3 long months in a Japanese prison camp. Shortly before he died I asked him what drove him to keep going during those unfathomably brutal times. The answer he gave me that day will stay with me forever. He said "Every time I wanted to give up I thought to myself, Robert you can't die on a god forsaken rock somewhere in the south pacific never knowing what happened in the Betty Boop expanded universe."

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Is Chris Benoit the wrestler that killed his family, or is he the wrestler that fell to his death?

rndmnmbr posted:

The former. Owen Hart was the latter.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I’m not sure the ladder was the problem

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Arivia posted:

boy are you in for a treat

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Yeah that book’s sadly more about the chans and just uses SA as an origin story and a funny title

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Not familiar with this one, I looked it up. The wrestling event where Hart fell to his death was called Over The Edge.

Hart was just too set on that kayfabe.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
my cousin was a professional wrestler. he weighed 450 pounds and used to wear a moose head into battle and bellow at his opponents like a moose in rut. easily the crowning achievement of my family, it's been all downhill since then

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

It's also autonomous and powered by batteries, but don't let those innovations get in the way of your 2 minutes hate

Shumagorath posted:

but enough about what ur girl left u 4

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i bellow a hoot of moose

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Like half of the new ideas coming out of the tech industry in the last 4 years has just been them reinventing buses.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Like half of the new ideas coming out of the tech industry in the last 4 years has just been them reinventing buses.

At least this one isn't a scam to get money from China like that bus that let cars drive under it was. Probably.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Don Gato posted:

At least this one isn't a scam to get money from China like that bus that let cars drive under it was. Probably.

Wait til the potholes start developing. That'll be where it goes downhill, I'd wager.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

haveblue posted:

made some major revisions to the rum tum tugger I see

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's "little a salami", you illiterate buffoon

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

bony tony posted:

It's "little a salami", you illiterate buffoon

turn on your monitor?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Mammal Sauce posted:

Adolf Titler

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mein Bühbrer

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Friend posted:

That's about the level of taste and fiscal intelligence I'd expect from the guy who blew $800,000 making six episodes of Video Game High School.

The War Queer posted:

I knew Freddie Wong from his goofy YouTube videos before I knew he was a goon, lol

He stopped posting here because the site made fun of his terrible webseries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He stopped well before that.