Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kitfox88 posted:

Same, most I can do is look like an Amishman hobo

At that point, your best option is to lean into it, in all aspects of life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

You can have some of mine. I have a high beard cheek line which basically makes me looks like my beard is slowly consuming my face if I don't keep it shaved down.

I have to shave almost up to my eyes, I'm so hairy and I live in Texas. it's so hot here please.. help.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

tatankatonk posted:

re: Gilead's miracle drug

meanolmrcloud posted:

ianad, but multiple organ dysfunction syndrome sounds like bad thing

FAUXTON posted:

yeah MODS is loving awful

VitalSigns posted:

take it to QCS

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's a good quote but good god, a one in four chance that it'll gently caress up your organs in general and/or your liver/kidneys in particular. gently caress that!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
My liver's already hosed, you've got no power here Remdesivir.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's a good quote but good god, a one in four chance that it'll gently caress up your organs in general and/or your liver/kidneys in particular. gently caress that!

Read it again, it's a one in two chance. :ohdear:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Captain Monkey posted:

I have to shave almost up to my eyes, I'm so hairy and I live in Texas. it's so hot here please.. help.

Same, if I forget to mansculpt my cheeks I turn in to Roy Rene

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Simple but perfect

Captain Splendid posted:

Looks like he's got too much thyme on his hands.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

sebmojo posted:

Simple but perfect

Does anybody really know what thyme it is?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Thyme to get spill" - The Beastie Boys probably

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

check out this tiny idiot

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Inceltown posted:

I got face hair early but also can not grow a beard / mo / whatever. I am in patchy facial hair hell.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:smith::respek::smith:
I'm in the same boat. I can grow what basically amount to turbo-sideburns that connect my hair down to the chin and neckbeard, but they will. Not. loving. Connect. There is forever a finger-width strip of skin down my chin and neck where not a single hair will sprout, even if I go a year without shaving (which I did after graduating as an experiment.) A beard will never be in my future.

Literally the only problem with growing a long glorious full beard is that complete strangers will tell you their facial hair problems all the time. You become Beard Counselor to people of many ages. The most common complaint is patchiness/'my mustache and beard don't connect'.

So what I'm saying is that these posts make me nostalgic for when bars existed :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"Oh woe is me and my glorious flowing mane, other men throw themselves at my feet and wail in despair at their inability to grow so magnificent a beard"

(:v:)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Having been unable to grow/maintain a proper beard until my loving 30s, I'm pleased to say it's overrated.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

Tried to grow a mustache during home isolation. Shaved it off yesterday cause I looked like a rapist

Should've gone for the full hitler, tbh

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Just remembered finding these old gems recently

Grand Fromage posted:

quote:

Declaration of Independence can have huge influence on the “equal”. If American do not have Declaration of Independence, we can not have these good black singers such as Ne-yo, Jay-Z, Akon, Michael Jackson etc.. And without the Declaration of Independence we can not have excellent leaders such as Martin Luther King, Douglass Frederick and even Barack Hussein Obama . But for the equal of different color people also have some bad effect, black people are violent and sometimes unfriendly to others; the equal of black and white people may caused some conflicts.

Grand Fromage posted:

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

That's someones second language right?

I teach in China, yeah.

Grand Fromage posted:

quote:

Washington has made the National People's
The famous principle of isolationism. That is soon "] wisdom" Europe of a series of fundamental interests and we irrelevant or relationship with us is very small ". Therefore, involved in Europe's political disputes. It is pointed out that the United States must avoid the conclusion of an agreement on the nature of the alliance when it is in compliance with the existing treaties signed by the foreign governments. Opposition "to any region of the fate of the United States and Europe fates are intertwined, so as to our peace and prosperity in Europe's ambitions and snares interest likes and dislikes or caprice." "Farewell" summarized since the war of independence of foreign experience, put forward the basic principle of isolationism, the isolationism from the policy level raised to the height of the thought of diplomatic strategy. Washington's thought is "isolationism", but it is a kind of "nationalism", namely, the American national interests in the first place. The publication of "farewell speech" marks the basic formation of the thought of "farewell to the mind"

Grand Fromage posted:

quote:

Many Latin American countries have the body of the nation are the indians and the europeans. That is to say, many residents of the latin american countries are given priority to with the indians and the europeans hybrids. The indians and the europeans of course is an Indians descent. Only the body of the Bolivian people are indians purebred

quote:

In 1492, Columbus found in North America, mistakenly for him to the mysterious filed with Oriental spices and tea, so good to be true that people living on this road in “indians”. From the point of appearance, actually people’s looks more close to the middle east, indians and american indian close to east Asia species. More importantly, look from the color of the skin, indians is darker than the indians to ore than one color.

The native indians today leave people bad and poor impression, not because of their skin color, mainly because they do bad things too much. When it comes to the indigenous people to associate is gambling, drinking, robbery, poverty and lazy. To be deeper, their problem started robbing on their white too much, so lead to native has been being one.
And this is the conclusion paragraph.

quote:

IN the end, most people and countries would consider American native indian as the big problem and they have a joke.
what do you call a native on the moon?
A problem.
What do you call two natives on the moon?
A big problem
What do you call if all the natives are on the moon?
……?

(I do have students who are not idiots but they're no fun to post)

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

(bolding mine)

alexandriao posted:

I'm around a fair lot of gen-Z-ers, I've absorbed their sense of humor. I found it funny, figured some people here might, posted it. I dunno how that equals that I must be evading a block. (Unless you're talking about the derails? At least one of which wasn't even started by me, everyone latched on to my comment while weirdly ignoring the one I was replying to :thunkher:)

Next time I'll just post in the memes and macros thread :smith:

Super Soaker Party! posted:

Weird, I didn't see a star by your name

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Literally the only problem with growing a long glorious full beard is that complete strangers will tell you their facial hair problems all the time. You become Beard Counselor to people of many ages. The most common complaint is patchiness/'my mustache and beard don't connect'.

So what I'm saying is that these posts make me nostalgic for when bars existed :(

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Cleretic posted:

Honestly, if they make another Warriors game with a Nintendo property, I want them to do the one Koei-Tecmo apparently dreams of.

Please, give us Super Mario Warriors.

Aithon posted:

Dynasty Warios. :colbert:

Lobok posted:

Do not pursue Lu Boo!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Brawnfire posted:

There's materials stress tests for this sort of thing, you don't just put your member in Data's hands "willy nilly".

Pick posted:

gotcha on the willy, lost on the nilly

Brawnfire posted:

I'm saying one'll have nil willies, because Data'll rip that sucker clean off, with bloodless finesse

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Jenny Agutter posted:

just remembered the funniest goon contest

I am trying to remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did at the Hitler reveal.

Kranke and everybody else: There will never be a better time than the present to try out the Michael Jordan 'stache yourselves.

Be the Hitlers you want to see in the world.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

BULBASAUR posted:

Somebody post that Soviet map predicting how the US will Balkanize

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

Baron von Eevl posted:

I was at a Melvins/Jello and the Melvins show back in the day and there was a giant dude in a denim jacket that had a huge confederate flag backpatch, he was wasted already but kept pulling tallboy cans out of his jacket, I'm not sure how many pockets he had on inside of that thing but it was wild, like a clown car. Anyway he was standing in the back with like the soundguy and the olds who just wanted to stand there and watch the openers with their arms crossed and like a pregnant lady and just kept wanting to get rowdy and start a pit, in the back of the venue. He kept getting beers out and drinking half of them then throwing the half-filled can into the crowd and would push people from behind to try and get a pit going. Eventually some little skinhead guy (he was picking a fight with Mr. Confederate so hopefully he was a SHARP and not just a neonazi) came up telling him to loving cut it out. The skin was like a full head shorter than Lynyrd Shythyd, probably more than 12" difference between them. The confederate guy just scoffed and made a sort of mocking "putting my dukes up" gesture. The skin just like hopped up and hit him once in the jaw and, my dudes, the big guy came down hard. Landed on his face, didn't even put his hands out to break his fall or anything. Eventually some people working the show managed to scrape him up off the floor and bring a mop to clean up the blood pouring out of his severely busted nose like this poo poo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Malachite_Dragon posted:

In hindsight, something probably should've been done about the people so adamantly defending their right to say a slur then and there instead of letting it lay for several years more.

Super Soaker Party! posted:

Um I think you'll find that this is the first year hindsight existed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tias posted:

It just seems really hard. Most women with desirable traits live way out theres or have incompatible religions.

It’s less bad in context.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Platystemon posted:

It’s less bad in context.

Huh, that's the first time I've actually won guess the thread.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Simple but perfect

Captain Splendid posted:

Looks like he's got too much thyme on his hands.

Who took that photo?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cacafuego posted:

Who took that photo?
Looks like a classic thyme lapse setup

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I believe you mean “self thymer”.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
why can't I

hold all this thyme

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cacafuego posted:

Who took that photo?

He sets up the camera. Then leaves.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cacafuego posted:

Who took that photo?

Herb.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

:420:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
If I could save thyme in a bottle

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lobok posted:

:hmmyes:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Maybe he had his friend cumin to take the picture

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Lobok posted:

What kind of dill weed would do that?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

e: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I started shaving at 6 years old. I had a large patch under my chin of peach fuzz type hair that if not shaved would grow out like a billy goat.

Now that I am an adult I have had a beard for 20 years now because gently caress having to shave every day. I just shaved it off for the first time so I can properly wear masks and having to shave so often loving sucks.

Pro tip for people about to have a baby: you can rent these for $100 a month and they are loving wizards worth their weight in gold. Our newborn was sleeping 8 hours a night by the time she was a month old and all our friends who have them have had similar experiences. It's made things infinitel better than our first kid who woke up every 2 hours to feed for months.