Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

holy poo poo clicking on a 'user was banned for this' now jumps to and highlights the ban reason :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

poverty goat posted:

I got the call that I've been in close contact with someone with covid, and will be getting swabbed today

My Pigs Huge Balls posted:

stay safe poverty goat

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:dudsmile:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Fumble posted:

India have been itching to nuke something.

Blistex posted:

Didn't they address that in a patch?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Moon Slayer posted:

Really wanna know more about the guy fired for telling a ghost story.

wizzardstaff posted:

He started telling everyone about this spectre haunting the workplace and the union-busters perked up their ears.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RFC2324 posted:

holy poo poo clicking on a 'user was banned for this' now jumps to and highlights the ban reason :aaaaa:

When did it not jump to the ban reason? It always has that I can recall.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Jedit posted:

When did it not jump to the ban reason? It always has that I can recall.

It jumps to the ban reason and highlights the specific entry with a red border, the second part is what was meant.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

EorayMel posted:

It jumps to the ban reason and highlights the specific entry with a red border, the second part is what was meant.
How do you keep finding these old gems?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

RFC2324 posted:

It does it for everything in the rap sheet and was changed in the last 48 hours. Very cool change to see.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Inceltown posted:

It does it for everything in the rap sheet and was changed in the last 48 hours. Very cool change to see.

You can thank Jeffrey for that - the dude is an absolute wizard and has been making so, so many excellent little quality-of-life tweaks to the forums.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It took twenty years but we finally have someone who is both willing and able to code

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Give jeff a raise

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Phlegmish posted:

Vienna police fine man €500 for 'massive intestinal wind'

Flatulent, hates the police - alright, which one of you was this?

Paper Tiger posted:

I am Fartacus

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Pastry of the Year posted:

You can thank Jeffrey for that - the dude is an absolute wizard and has been making so, so many excellent little quality-of-life tweaks to the forums.

This is 100% true but I think forums poster astral gets the credit for that change

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

It took twenty years but we finally have someone who is both willing and able to code

to be fair radium was more then willing to code, he just needed to use slurs as part of his workflow.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Give jeff a raise
"Advising fellow to ask for more pay". Sorry, you're fired.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Moon Slayer posted:

Really wanna know more about the guy fired for telling a ghost story.

Gnome de plume posted:

Failed to secure required approval of the Midnight Society

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Midjack posted:

Kyle Weatherman for Mike Harmon Racing in the Xfinity Series, if you were curious.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

one weatherman who doesn't know which way the wind blows i guess

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Muppets On PCP posted:

you'll be visited soon by the ghosts of rockabilly past and present

there's no ghost of rockabilly future

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

An extremely mentally unwell packaged goods manufacturer lures the winner of the previous book's sadistic game into his personal, all glass spaceship. The two then leave the surly bonds of earth and reach a space hotel run by the US that the president is on board. The previous book, for the record, took place almost entirely in 1950s/early 1960s era industrial England with no hint of this.

The unauthorized spacecraft approaching the hotel in space triggers its warning system and they declare the small craft with the UPGM and victim pirates who they will blow up. This is all supposed to be very wacky or something, but it just isn't. This meaningless subplot is cast aside and forgotten because space aliens attack.

The space aliens in question have exterminated all other life in this solar system, and as far as the book seems concerned every other solar system. They are capable of traveling over a million miles in a day, shape change, impervious to weaponry, and enjoy playing with their victims. Our leads force their way onto the ship to help out, or something, and the aliens appear in front of everyone to scare them. Most people abandon the ship but not our leads.

The president and some crew stay behind, to I guess fight it or because theyre really stupid, which honestly they are and are written as such. The aliens oblige by devouring dozens of people and gorging themselves on victims. UPGM kind of nonchalantly reveals that its totally hopeless, there was nothing he could ever do, the only defense is that the aliens explode on contact with earths atmosphere. He and his victim then flee back to the glass spaceship, which the aliens latch onto and explode when entering earths atmosphere.

From here on this entire plot is abandoned.

Returning home, UPGM decides its rude that victims elderly relatives are infirm and bed ridden and forces them to drink his magic potion to turn them young. This succeeds in reverting 2 of them to being babys and the third to disappear from existence. Oh no, says UPGM to victim, now we need to travel through dimensions. Again, as a reminder the previous book took place in a world where color TV was a cutting edge invention.

They travel to the minusworld, where negatively aged people go. Here they give the last relative an aging potion and they end up becoming 358. How this does not kill them is unknown, but trust the book, its agony. The victims family then begins mixing the aging and youthing potions according to the UPGMs directions which results in everyone ending up exactly as infirm and bed ridden as before which is frankly disgustingly cruel.

Haha laughs UPGM, Im a malevolent force of chaos who brings only misery with my gifts and curse your household. He doesnt actually say this, but he is. The book ends with him promising to force his victim into more horrible experiences beyond their control.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

It hate it when a death ray or pill or whatever turns my friends into being babys

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I really enjoyed this book when I was 10 :negative:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

bell jar posted:

I really enjoyed this book when I was 10 :negative:

What horrible thing did you do to earn that avatar?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pastry of the Year posted:

It hate it when a death ray or pill or whatever turns my friends into being babys

Hey I'm doing my best here, alright?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

ranbo das posted:

Trappist monks make amazing beer too, what can't they do?

chitoryu12 posted:

They make cheese too! A local World of Beer had a burger made with Chimay cheese and Chimay blue label beer.

Data Graham posted:

Unfortunately that South Park character was pretty problematic

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

"TRIPEL FIIIIGHT!"

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Funny pictures thread:

Antigravitas posted:

For real though, metal has been kicking rear end lately.

mobby_6kl posted:

Not numetal though, that always sucked and is not true metal :colbert:

Randaconda posted:

The worst part is the two most popular genres of rock after that, emo and indie, were both significantly worse than numetal :negative:

Field Mousepad posted:

System of a Down is ok. The rest can eat taints

Cocaine Bear posted:

We should talk about this for a long loooooong time.

Woebin posted:

CUT THIS THREAD INTO DERAILS
IS THIS GROUNDS FOR REPORT?
FUNNY PICTURES, NO ESSAYS
DON'T GIVE A gently caress WHAT YOUR FAVORITE BAND IS

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

SirBukkake posted:

Idk about the rest of you but it's hard for me to equate fluffy puppies to ladybugs, caterpillars, ratty-feathered birds and sentient mushrooms/sunflower seeds.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kenning posted:

Funny pictures thread:

:lmao:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Inceltown posted:

What horrible thing did you do to earn that avatar?

Gratuitous posting in the Australian Politics thread

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

UncleButts posted:

AUG thought that I just had:

When you're pooping and there's a fly buzzing around nearby, does anyone else get super paranoid that it's going to land on your butthole?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Sort of, but then I remember I can clench and capture the fly in order to absorb its nutrients.

UncleButts posted:

anus flytrap

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Uranus flytrap

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Platystemon posted:

Uranus flytrap

That's a better pun imo

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

pentyne posted:

to be fair radium was more then willing to code, he just needed to use slurs as part of his workflow.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

owned

Blister posted:

how do i become as cool as this raccoon who sits in my backyard every morning until i leave for work

edits:embeds not workin hurp

Safety Factor posted:

First, you gotta start eating trash.

Next, you gotta start washing your hands.

cash crab posted:

wrong way around dummy

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Kenning posted:

Funny pictures thread:

art

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

Speaking of something funny, there was a doctors vs lawyers brawl in Pakistan:

ideo showed the lawyers ransacking wards at the cardiac hospital, beating up staff and smashing equipment.

As panic spread, doctors and paramedics hid, leaving patients unattended, including those in a critical state.

Riot police fired tear gas to disperse the lawyers and more than 20 arrests were made. It took more than two hours to restore order, officials said.

The lawyers had been protesting over the alleged mistreatment of some of their colleagues by hospital staff last month.

But the final trigger for the violence appears to have been a video posted on social media by a doctor on Tuesday night in which he poked fun at the lawyers.
According to hospital administrators, more than 200 lawyers wielding sticks stormed Lahore's Punjab Institute of Cardiology (PIC) at midday on Wednesday.

Hospital officials said the lawyers forced their way past security and split into groups, attacking various departments and wards.

Video footage shared on social media showed lawyers - in suits and ties - smashing medical equipment and windows, and beating up staff and officials including Punjab information minister Fayazul Hasan Chauhan who had arrived on the scene to try to restore calm.
Hospital sources said at least three patients - a woman and two men - died because doctors could not attend to them during the violence. It is believed that the woman had been in the intensive care unit.

Joey Steel posted:

So... are they all criminally responsible for the deaths of patients who died during this stupid stunt? Because I feel like it'd be the case in the US.

JBP posted:

I can direct you to a couple hundred lawyers that would say no, they're not.

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.
This isn’t really ‘funny’ per se but I found this buried in the Awful Kickstarter thread.

The General posted:

Those might sell well in China, but outside flu panics, nobody really cares about a face mask.

It’s from 2015.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Phlegmish posted:

Could God create a game so bad that it only has one quicksave slot and no autosaves? Theologoons have been debating this for years

Platystemon posted:

God has this problem a lot. His son doesn’t. Jesus saves.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

ah, a Christler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lol