Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
How many steakhouses do you know that have a dress code? I've been to zero restaurants with enforced dress codes beyond "wear clothes I guess?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i've had this conversation with my gf a few times -- there's definitely still a very small handful of restaurants with enforced dress codes but they're basically a dying breed at this point, the world has, by and large, moved on from giving a poo poo about formal wear

the last time we went somewhere fancy that she swore up and down wouldn't allow me in if i wore my regular skate shoes / black jeans / band shirt / random plaid, and she forced me to wear some ridiculous getup........ there ended up being a table full of assholes next to us in khaki shorts and flip flops, lol

she found this less funny than i did

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Oh right. What's the nicest steakhouse in the twin cities that does NOT have an enforced dress code? I don't care if it's "really super fancy and you definitely would be underdressed wearing athletic clothes" if they will take my money and give me steak.

Um lemme ask some people and I'll get back to you! (I've been a vegetarian for like 15 years lol)

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Oh right. What's the nicest steakhouse in the twin cities that does NOT have an enforced dress code? I don't care if it's "really super fancy and you definitely would be underdressed wearing athletic clothes" if they will take my money and give me steak.

Oh my friend got back quickly! She says Porzana. She said "no dress code and the food slaps"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CubicalSucrose posted:

Manny's is pretty much the quintessential American Steakhouse, very expensive but (at least when I was last there) quite good and dripping in that old-school feel. But you could wear whatever there.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Oh my friend got back quickly! She says Porzana. She said "no dress code and the food slaps"

This is also quite good, and less stuffy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

mycelia and I had both already claimed the moe message.

How is this a scum reaction?

To me this is messy town reaction trying to make sense of what the message means. Scum would've known what the effect was, I don't see this as a slip.

Hrm, I dunno, it doesn't really feel like a super townie reaction either, but I concede that it doesn't make a lot of sense to draw attention to yourself as scum here

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Manny's is pretty much the quintessential American Steakhouse, very expensive but (at least when I was last there) quite good and dripping in that old-school feel. But you could wear whatever there.

Thank you both.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Cloacamazing! posted:

How many steakhouses do you know that have a dress code? I've been to zero restaurants with enforced dress codes beyond "wear clothes I guess?".

Uhh...more than zero I think, but not many.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I think the funniest option is that it's Zoya and Hal. Less than 5 hours to deadline.

Votecount for Day 4

SporkChan (3): PhantomMuzzles, mycelia, CubicalSucrose
mycelia (2): SporkChan, yuming
PhantomMuzzles (0): SporkChan, SporkChan

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, Zoya

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 03rd, 2024 at 10 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 4 hours, 43 minutes.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Seems unlikely. Hal has called me scummy for a few game days now, so he would be able to vote me with impunity.

Honestly if either of them were scum I would have expected them to vote for me by now, and then go after myc or PMuzz tomorrow.

It's why I'm pretty sure scum are in the people already voting.

myc>PMuzz> Cube = yuming

That's my current ranking.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
What’s your claim spork?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I have class at deadline but I will be around at lunchtime.

It’s nice and sunny here :sun:

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

SporkChan posted:

Seems unlikely. Hal has called me scummy for a few game days now, so he would be able to vote me with impunity.

Honestly if either of them were scum I would have expected them to vote for me by now, and then go after myc or PMuzz tomorrow.

It's why I'm pretty sure scum are in the people already voting.

myc>PMuzz> Cube = yuming

That's my current ranking.

Scum haven't hammered because they're trying to save you, their scumbud :colbert: You bring up a good point about Hal, though. If Yuming is wrongtown, Hal is the next obvious choice for me. Zoya's also unusually low-effort, but I'm not sure how to interpret that, exactly.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

yuming posted:

What’s your claim spork?

Claims don't seem as useful, but I'm the library ghost. Very light breadcrumb in my first word in my first post of the game.

I ninja watched Iggy on N1 and saw bif visit. She was hinting at looking for love, so I thought she was the protagonist of the game, and town read her.

Since then I've been cramming, but I got to WIS10 and have one of those cool powers tonight.

Could've rushed for a stump, but alas.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

cube's the only one here i think i trust ATM, deadline approaches and i don't think i'm gonna get any closer to deciding who the duo is

killing josef was scum's smartest move this game, it sent me reeling, lost, confused

longing for those halcion days....

Zoya posted:

JosefStalinator and Zoya captured together in their natural habitat, the track team masonry, copyright 2024

without my track team partner, i'm left adrift. i peck at breadcrumbs in the park, but they taste like.. emptiness. someone nearby opens a pudding, and the thought of wanting it only manages to make me feel mildly ill... even the simple joy of squeezing myself into one of those cold/heat expansion cracks in the side of the overpass leaves only a dull ache in my chest

Lord Pudi... why have you taken him from me......

anyway ##vote spork :redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

SporkChan (4): PhantomMuzzles, mycelia, CubicalSucrose, Zoya
mycelia (2): SporkChan, yuming
PhantomMuzzles (0): SporkChan, SporkChan

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 03rd, 2024 at 10 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 1 hour, 29 minutes.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
"I know! It was HIM!"
"But... why would a ghost want cake?"
"I don't know, but he's pretty spooky, don't you think?"
"Yeah, fair."

SporkChan, TOWN-aligned Fujishiro Nageki has been confined in a circle of salt Day 4!

quote:

You are Fujishiro Nageki, the quiet guy!

You are a ghost and you haunt the library. You also get really annoyed if people don't return their library books, because other people would like to read them.

Your starting stats are:
WIS 5
VIT 1
CHA 3

Because of your starting stats, you may pick one of the following common oneshot abilities:
- Track: As a night action you may ##track another player, learning who they visited
- Watch: As a night action you may ##watch a player, learning who visits them. You may use this ability on yourself.
- Ninja: When performing a night action, you may combine it with the ##ninja to make your action undetectable

On reaching certain stat levels, you will gain the following personal abilities:
WIS 6: Waving through a window: You don't really need sleep, what with you being dead, so you can observe from the library window. You may ##watch a player, learning who visited them. You may use this ability on yourself.
CHA 6: Invisible: Most people can't actually see you. Your actions will be undetectable from now on.
VIT 6: Already dead: If you die, you will be turned into a stump. Your flip will be janitored. You won't be able to vote or use actions any more, but will be able to talk in the thread as well as any masonries you are a part of.

You are TOWN-aligned. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

It is now Night 4!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
"Mr Incandenza! Psst, Mr Incandenza!"

Hal awoke to a hushed voice whispering outside his cave.

"There has been an emergency at the shopping mall! Your magical girl powers are needed! Bring your broadaxe!"

Hal needed no other encouragement after hearing this. And it was thus that the residents of Littledove Hachiman City could read the newspaper headline of "Human caught on rampage with battleaxe! Detained until further notice!" the next morning...

Hal Incandenza, TOWN-aligned Tosaka Hiyoko has been arrested on false charges Night 4!

quote:

You are Tosaka Hiyoko, the protagonist!

You are the only human to attend the prestigious St Pigeonation Academy. Orphaned at an early age, you used your superior strength to become a hunter-gatherer and live in a cave by yourself. You have made many friends during your time at St Pigeonation's and hope the school festival will be exciting!

Your starting stats are:
WIS 1
VIT 5
CHA 3

Because of your starting stats, you may pick one of the following common oneshot abilities:
Vigproof: passive ability that protects you from a single killing attack during daytime
Empower: Lets you ##empower a player as a night action, making their action unblockable
Jugg: When performing a night action, you may combine it with the ##jugg to make your action unblockable

On reaching certain stat levels, you will gain the following personal abilities:
WIS 8: Pretty Coore Dark Grey: You are a member of the Pretty Coore Magical Girls (or at least cosplaying as one). On reaching this stat level, you will learn the identity of the other two Pretty Coore members. If more than one of you reaches this stat level, magical things will happen!
VIT 10: Broad Axe: You unleash your trustworthy broad axe to wreck havoc! All of your actions are now unstoppable!
CHA 7: Jackal Pack: You have befriended a pack of local jackals and been accepted into their tribe. You gain a oneshot of ##roleblock, allowing you to block another player's night action.

You are TOWN-aligned. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
(Yes I know Hiyoko's VIT is canonically 800, but it was translated into bird VIT for this game.)

It is now Day 5!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): CubicalSucrose, mycelia, PhantomMuzzles, yuming, Zoya

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 06th, 2024 at 10 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Moe. <:mad:>

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

If you need me I will be brooding over my incorrect accusations in the corner. Moe.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

mycelia posted:

If you need me I will be brooding over my incorrect accusations in the corner. Moe.

Not me. I've learned to relish being wrong because previously my alternative was just being waffley and not reading people at all. I'll pick someone new to be wrong about today. My gut rn (have not reread anyone since Spork's flip) is Cube>mycelia>Zoya>yuming

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Today I will be escaping a room and then spectating some sport, so I will have intermittent availability.

We're probably at "mess up and lose" today so let's not vote rashly.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

That said, I am likely to want to vote for PHuzz today.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am most confident about mycelia as scum, but I am going to entertain all options.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I would suggest fullclaiming (and we probably should do this anyway), though it seems unlikely to be useful.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I targeted Zoya last night with an empower. moe~ ??

It’s lunchtime bb soon.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

PHuzz, Myc, and Zoya were on the Spork vote. At least one of those has to be scum, possibly two depending on Yuming, but Yuming had flipped off of Spork basically all of yesterday, so I'm not super interested in looking there.

Zoya could've hammered pretty much whenever, though it seems like waiting as they did would get the most towncred. And that was successful! Zoya is possible for last scum, but I'd have a hard time voting there today.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am a gull guard ~with a fancy hat~

I started with an empower and a bodyguard action.

N1 crammed VIT
N2 crammed VIT
N3 protected Josef
N4 empowered Zoya

My bodyguard would've killed me so I crammed to get a bulletproof.

Still disappointed I didn't get to be Okosan but Zoya, let's kill the scum today and ascend to Puddi. :h:

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

CubicalSucrose posted:

That said, I am likely to want to vote for PHuzz today.

I could see Pmuzz. I'm not scum, though I acknowledge I've played poorly as town.

I'm confident Yuming is town now, so that's nice.

Pmuzz raised the Zoya-hammer point in the masonry, so I don't think it would be both of them together, but it could be either one.

Don't know how I feel about Cube.

...poo poo, that's everyone, huh? Okay, well, now I feel a lot worse about Cube.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

N0: Masoned Pmuzz
N1: Crammed Vit
N2: Crammed Vit
N3: Verbed (loudify) Spork
N4: Docced Yuming

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
So my girls are napping and I have an evaluation to write so of course I'm going to play mafia instead :sun:

I'm going to look at each player in isolation and then go from there. Please claim what you have so that I can best contextualize your play T I A

Preview edit: ty mycelia~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Cube

D1
Mechanics stuff, prodding lurkers, goes after keats for the Iggy content.
At EOD Cube participates in the spork vs. Illu disucussion saying he would move to spork, but holds steady on keats.

Neutral town read.

D2
Engaged in the Maer content / neutral read

D3
Cube says he will reread and does not. Does not vote Illu.

D4
Looks at poop and vote history, ultimately votes Sporkchan.

**BONUS: Maer went after Cube as a Real Case.

Overall, I see Cube focusing on mechanics and trying to figure things out. Maer going after him makes me think he is town.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
mycelia

D1
Talks about how he is quiet D1, say it is hard to ~just post~
Calls keats town without explaining why and without engaging in the discussion // lean scum on this ! !

Pops back in at EOD

mycelia posted:

I like this argument better than the Keats one. Sure. ##vote Spork
This is in response to me calling spork out for a lack of content.

mycelia posted:

Fine fine fine ##vote illu
What I see here is scum avoiding an obvious case with keats and trying to look participatory at EOD. I don't see any ~spark~ of trying to solve the game.

D2
Happy Birthday! / no content

D3
Says he was surprised by the Maer flip and posts (this) effort post. It's all very "hmmm could be this or that" with no conclusion.

Does not vote Illu.

The day was short so missing hammer is whatever but the watered down reads are +scum.

D4
Hard push on spork with the role related gotcha. I especially hate this from mycelia because he claims to have targeted spork.

Is it really so hard to believe that spork would've gotten a message from what mycelia did?

I'll say it again, calling spork "forced casual" was an oversell. mycelia is in lock step with PMuzz and they both are out to get spork.

This is my pet case and where I feel the best on ~feeling~ so I will do this as a placeholder. :sparkles:

##poop on mycelia

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
PMuzz

D1
poop and masonchat

PhantomMuzzles posted:

But if we vote out Iggy I'll be alone in that masonry :(
This post feels weird from a tone perspective to me because it's not curious about Iggy vs. keats' alignments.

Mafia discussion on play styles of voting ~willynilly~ / aside: it is always better to vote willynilly imo becuase you get more reactions that way.

Votes keats and then adds her justification in (here) I agree with this justification for voting keats tbh I was thinking similarly D1 myself.

Switches to spork, votes keats.

I feel like I've come around in a circle here with D1, I'm paranoid about PMuzz and masonries from CPig's game but her reads are similar to mine D1.

D2

Votes Maer.

D3

Here's where we get the post-humous Iggy content (here) and Pmuzz's own Lumpenlist (here).

This list pinged me at the time because of how high a neutral player like Tsie was on the list. I also didn't like how there was more effort put into the Iggy reads than Pmuzz' own reads.

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Lol yeah Illu is definitely scum ##vote Illu
:psyduck: woof this post gets me every time. It feels like over aggressive scum.

D4

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Does the moe thing make sense to anyone who's played the game?

I didn't get that but I didn't use an action last night so I didn't have any mod message. But seems like mycelia and Yuming are claiming their actions were blocked and results replaced with moe? But clearly someone's action worked last night because Zoya is loved

Anyway I'm still the cutest bird but Josef is now second cutest, lookit his lil face
Now this fits to me as scum who know what the moe is but want to appear like they're trying to figure it out.

Pmuzz casts light suspicion on mycelia but then goes at spork hard for the perceived slip.

Overall I can imagine Pmuzz as scum. She is my 2nd best pick in a vacuum. Conspiracy poo poo incoming next post.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
If it is mycelia and PMuzz, that means their masonry is a gambit.

By itself, the OMG ILLU IS SCUM vote from PMuzz is one of the strongest scum-feels moments I have from her.

In the situation where Pmuzz/mycelia are scum fakeclaiming a masonry the perspective does fit with PMuzz's offensive on Illu for this,

Illusionis posted:

A lot of these Iggy reads are kind of weird and have me wondering if Pmuzz is scum and making these up

Illusionis posted:

Currently I'm feeling some suspicions on Cube, Zoya, Spork and Bif in addition to the Pmuzz weirdness.

mycelia posted:

yeah, I'll be at anime club, tyvm.

PhantomMuzzles posted:

You're the track team? mycelia and I are in the manga club, which is also cool
Ya know, I don't think there is an anime/manga club in the actual game... ! !

This is a gotcha point but I'm p sure the in-game options are student council, library staff, infirmary staff and track club.

PMuzz + mycelia as a scumteam would also explain why it took so long for spork to actually get eliminated.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Is anyone else even here :qq:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Zoya

D1

Zoya votes fast and loose: Iggy, Hal, beet and stays away from keats saying the votes are too ez

At EOD Zoya is after Illu

Neutral read here. (I don't think I've even played in a game where Zoya is scum, though.)

D2

Votes Maer, we later find out that Zoya prompted Josef to track Maer which got her caught.

This is the main reason I think Zoya is town.

I'm obviously missing some of the masonry context but why convince your mason partner to track you scumbuddy WHO IS PERFORMING THE KILL. This is too wild to be a bus imo. I think the PMuzz/mycelia fake-masonry fits better because it is a relatively safe claim in such a role-heavy game.

D3

Illu was Zoya's main read. I don't see much engagement here.

D4

Zoya hangs back trying to get vibes-based reads on who the last two scum are, and ultimately hammers spork.

Not a lot to dig into but the Maer bus scenario just seems ridiculous so I think Zoya is town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Okay so.

By themselves I think mycelia and PMuzz are the scummiest. I'm warming up to my conspiracy theory that they fake claimed the masonry as well.

mycelia >> Pmuzz >> Cube >>>>> Zoya