Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sab669 posted:

Well right, but again my concern would be letting my car just sit for months without being driven.

over-inflate the tires, top off the gas, change the oil, hook up a battery maintainer, put a breathable cover on it and forget about it for 5 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Hope you bought two of them

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I did something stupid

I bought an Alfa Romeo

And I don't give a gently caress if this thing eventually blows up on me because I haven't smiled this much driving something in a very long time

2018 AWD Giulia Ti:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

The most advanced thing on my previous car (2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, of which I was the owner for 15/17 of those years) was the ABS

This thing on the other hand, gonna need my girlfriend's 12 year old to explain everything to me.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

crackhaed posted:

Congrats! I got a 2020 Ti Sport RWD in September and I still love it so so so much. My daily commute involves a good amount of canyon carving and I just can't believe how awful the handling of my A3 was in comparison to this car (and the A3 was on Pilot Sport 4s while the Giulia is still on the P-Zeros it came with).

Thanks! I got the AWD for obvious reasons in the pics, and it handles the snow even better than I hoped, and that's on the all-seasons I have on there. When I get some real snow tires on there it's gonna be amazing. Not kidding, this car is just as good as my old Jeep was in the snow (at least as long as the snow isn't over like 4 inches)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I’ve got the Maxpower Pro and GoPedal, now just have to get a free weekend to put them in.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Darchangel posted:

See, that sort of thing is insanely alien to me.

you haven't lived until you're out (in my case, fat biking) on ice you know to be 3 feet thick but you hear cracking and booming from somewhere

The fishing club on Lake Winnebago maintains an ice road on the lake you can drive across, which is quite the shortcut because that lake is annoyingly large to drive around.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

gvibes posted:

You haven't lived until you are snowmobiling across what you thought was a frozen lake and hit water (never lift).

Fat bikes are very buoyant, ask me how I know

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Nyc_Tattoo posted:

A day out on The Dragon (129).
If you're ever in Western NC/Southern TN, it really is a must drive.

Trying to convince my gf to take a road trip

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

McTinkerson posted:

Is the Need for Speed Underground theme song playing in anyone elses head right now?

usually is

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Mustache Ride posted:

Flew to Pittsburgh early this morning to pick this beauty up. 2018 Jag XF S Sportbrake. AWD Supercharged 3L V6. Road tripping it back to Austin over the weekend, this thing eats miles. I was worried about it being hungry, but the 300ish miles I did today I averaged 30mpg. Almost as good at the GTI it's replacing.

Super comfortable, very quiet, seats fit my fat rear end, yeah I love this car. I didn't feel tired climbing out of it this evening. Suspension is surprisingly comfortable, and I was able to wring it up on a desolate stretch of highway and hear the whine. Honestly only downside is the awful exhaust it's got on it hiding the whine at low speeds. I'll need to switch it out at some point.

loving hell

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Solid choice on the interior colour, more people should be brave enough to get the good colours.

Ahem

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Need a red interior crew gang tag

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Loud interiors AND loud bikes?? This man is out of control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HuLHVIn-xI&t=177s

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

so, like, there's no way you're getting out of those seats without someone pulling you out right?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
The car is hideous as gently caress in pictures and looks fine in person, it’s the weirdest thing

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I did something stupid, but not in a good way, because I am an idiot.

Bottomed out the front driver’s side and busted off some clips holding the front fascia in place

Gonna take it to a local place to see if they can repair it with some adhesive of some kind, otherwise the whole loving front bumper needs to be replaced.

lmao, I such a loving dunce.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kivi posted:

2021 Giulia Super, base model (200 hp petrol AT8) with no options. It’s been fun although it sounds like dirty diesel on low revs.

Aw yiss

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Not my ride per se, but visiting my parents and took my dad’s Alfa for some vineyard tours with my gf

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I want to hear more about this bear.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

AirRaid posted:

I now have this for a week or so:

Lexus NX300h hybrid, auto.

Front grill only a Cylon could love

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
^^ nice truck

All of you with snow are making me jealous. I put snow tires (Pirelli Sottozero 3s) on this year for the first time in my 46 years on this earth and by doing so have essentially guaranteed there will be no snow in the southern half of WI. Sorry for any of you that live here and were looking forward to some snow, you can blame me.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

kastein posted:

Washington does not give a gently caress about anything. I see people driving cars with no lights or bodywork on one corner and a shattered windshield every day.

I'm not sure this should be touted as a good thing.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rhyno posted:

You're right, that's terrible.

Bed liner is probably a better option.

pffft, a mega roll of saran wrap from Costco and a heat gun is all you need, don't get ripped off by those vinyl wrap places.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
all chains will "stretch", bike chains, timing chains, doesn't matter.

Well, they technically don't stretch, the wear on the rollers causes the distance between links to increase, but the end result is the same.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

I am not a smart man and therefore I did something very stupid...

Crappy, just drove it home from being delivered, pictures for now. 1997 Caterham 7 with a RaceLine built Zetec-R on ITBs. It makes glorious sounds, the clutch is very heavy, the brakes are un-assisted and mildly spooky, the transmission tunnel gets very warm and it's stupid quick. Needs some clean up and attention, probably a new battery as well.

You dolt, you idiot, you utterly magnificent loving moron

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

Easter family tour completed. The Busso engine sounds completely ridiculous, love it.

gently caress yeah

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

chrisgt posted:

It's like working on my biturbo, I've gotten good at reading italian forums with google translate...

just remove all the "ioli"s and trailing a's, easy peasy

disclaimer: I'm only half Italian

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

I posted a pic of my V8 Vantage late last year shortly after I got it. It spent most of the ensuing few months in my garage on a trickle charger, but now the weather is getting nice it's seeing a lot of use. I've made a couple of changes to it: I've had the number plate moved down so the top is now flush with the bottom of the grille and doesn't cover any of it. Really improves the look of the front in my view.

I also found a great company who upgraded the frankly inadequate basic 160w audio to the 700w factory premium version. A fantastic upgrade and it really sounds fabulous now. The extra power is particularly welcome when the roof is down. They also upgraded the satnav screen to HD and gave me the ability to circumvent the stone-age OEM Volvo satnav and use Carplay/Auto via the screen instead. They even secreted the little control joystick for it in the ashtray, and put a discreet microphone for Google voice commands at the top of the instrument binnacle. Both upgrades completed the car for me. I can't think of anything else I want to do to it, except maybe change the tyres to Pilot Sport 4S's when the time comes to replace them. Some people swear by the twin plate clutch modification, but I quite like the heavy standard one. Will see about that one.

It's only been a few months but the excitement of owning and driving it has not diminished one iota. Absolutely love the hell out of it.

I hear they fixed the torque dip from the previous car for the GR86, which was pretty much its only flaw. It sounds like even more of a perfect, no-nonsense sports car than before. Would love to have a go in one.

I love this.

I just replaced the garbage tires the PO had on my Alfa w/Pilot Sport 4s and holy gently caress what a difference good tires make.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Nice. I hear nothing but good things about them.

the tires that were on there (Kumho Ecstas all seasons) I had to run 3-4 psi below Alfa recs otherwise it felt like my fillings were going to be shaken out, these ride beautifully at recommended psi, quieter, and tons of grip.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Very nice. I'm looking for a convertible right now because they're just so much fun to drive with the top down when it's nice out, and you feel like you're moving a lot faster than you are so you don't need to go 100+. I know the noise floor is really high on cars, especially in convertibles, but it's nice to have good speakers.

nicer to have a good exhaust note :)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
loving hell

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Raluek posted:

ive seen folks running those tire stickers for low profile tires that dont have RWL from the factory. it can look pretty cool

colored lettering always looks good on a track car

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

um excuse me posted:

Man, I thought the general consensus for white/colored lettered tires was that they were kinda tacky, but drat if you didn't all come out and make me reconsider. I have been wanting to find a better solution than using either stickers or paint, maybe I'll keep searching. I've got a good feeling about epoxy based paint, though you'd need to be VERY careful when applying that. It won't just scrape off like the oil based stuff.

I don't think it'd look good on all cars (mine), but I can certainly appreciate the times it does look good.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Those have really grown on me and that one looks nice as hell.

I finally got my car delivered and lucked out with nice weather

It's both exciting and terrifying to drive, thanks to still being completely unfamiliar with it. The suspension actually feels softer than the SLK55 I had, which is nice since the roads are pretty garbage around here. I probably shouldn't drive it too much since I don't have the plates yet and it doesn't even have a temp one.

Again, holy gently caress

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

RIP Paul Walker posted:

That looks so good, makes me wish even harder Tesla supported CarPlay. Loved the model3 I test drove other than the goddamn user interface.

you can get Android Auto working on it, you just need 2 Raspberry Pi and be a mondo loving nerd lmao

https://jalopnik.com/to-get-apple-carplay-on-your-tesla-first-buy-a-raspber-1848900762

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Oh nice so how’s it working for you??

I'll have you know I am an Apple man through and through.

You can take that green bubble poo poo and gtfo here

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
engine be damned, that thing is fun as gently caress to toss around

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kilonum posted:

There's a yellow one for sale at a dealership on my way to work

https://www.alphacars.com/vehicle-details/used-2001-toyota-mr2-spyder-5-speed-acton-ma-id-46014262

35k miles, asking $29k

Wish I had the money for it.

lmaooooooooooooooo

that car could be new off the boat and still wouldn't be worth $30k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

sk8bored posted:

Adding another white car to the pile :) 06 I picked up with only 41k on the odo.

gently caress yes