Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Does Mirror's Edge have a way to play the time trial maps? I love the game but for the price they're asking if it doesn't come with the dlc, why bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Man, the saboteur is really fun.
How does the connect stuff work? If you have the game on gog or steam you can get it on the other platform?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The Claptain posted:

And here is the first (of presumably many to come) keys for NWN1:

8E3BE-CADC3-F2D26-58D65

Thank you. The site is a nightmare to navigate on mobile

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

on gog or in general

dark forces 2: jedi knight and jedi knight 2: jedi outcast
republic commando
rogue squadron
galactic battlegrounds is a good age of empire 2 reskin
episode 1 racer is fun :shobon:

I thought this post meant the infinitely frustrating pod racer game would be there. sadly no :(
Is the escapists worth getting? all on sale right now.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Why did rayman legends disappear from the store?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pretty sure legends was at one point because I was hoping it'd go on sale.

To be fair galaxy seemed pretty crap when I gave it a try. I uninstalled it and still had to manually delete files to get necrodancer working again. Not a fan of galaxy at all.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

OhFunny posted:

Mount & Blade is free for the next 38 hours.

Looks like they're also sending out codes to people who have it. I got one as well, I guess if anyone misses their free copy.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

:captainpop:
Please tell me this is total conversion with a world map...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

A beautiful sequel to hooligans:storm over europe

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I don't have rebel galaxy. Is the neogeo baseball game worth getting? Didn't look like there was anything I wanted jn the sale :/

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Testekill posted:

It's a real fun game with the quality of spriting that you expect from SNK.

Cool. I'll give it a buy then. Always looking for fun baseball games on PC, and this should hold me until Super Mega Baseball 2 comes out.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

AbstractNapper posted:

I have an extra code for Fantasy General too, DEC56-1EB29-D4B62-75F14

Tried to get this, but it's been claimed

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Still hoping someone can find a way to get locus to run on a modern pc so I can post about it in the games that don't hold up thread

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'd love to see dark orbit come out, just because I played it for about a half hour and thought it'd be fun. reddit link, sorry

Also, locus. Still want to play locus even though I know it'd be trash now.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Agree 100% with Freedom Fighters. What a great game that was.

Also, locus please, although that one seems like it is impossible to get working.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

When Locus or freedom fighters makes it onto gog I'll be over the moon.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Most of the games on my wishlist didn't go on sale :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Squiggle posted:

Hey team! Crossposting from the grognard thread, but I thought this might be a good place to put this:

Apparently the dev of Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord (a renowned rear end in a top hat) just found out via an RPS interview that CMBO is for sale on GOG.com and calls that "a problem," so if it's something you were considering picking up it might be a good idea to do it sooner rather than later.

gently caress you, Steve.

That was a really fun game, but lord I was terrible at it. Holding position when I needed to charge in, charging in I needed to hold. Tanks eliminated immediately. Spotters always dead.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ovaries posted:

I dunno if it bolsters the claim earlier in the thread that Combat Mission may be removed from the service soon, but it's a weeklong deal at $2.50. The RPS series about it got me interested so I figured this was as good a time as any to pick it up.

Great game. So hard.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

OhFunny posted:

I'm picking up The Saboteur from the sale.

Maybe Homeworld: Emergence too. Been awhile since I played a RTS.

The Saboteur was very good and I was super satisfied with the purchase. You won't regret it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

xiii is on gog now. Makes me very happy, though the original could be run standalone without the cds.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

quantumfoam posted:

XIII got relisted on gog again? Cool, it was delisted on GOG for around 3 or 4 years, I think.
Some of the levels in XIII were really fun(bank level), other levels were annoying (wintertime forest map) to extremely bad(plain rock canyons map).
Main dislike of XIII is how it stripped you of weapons for almost every location change.

Most of them weren't too bad, but yeah I racked up loads of deaths in the canyons. Rocket launchers in tight spaces suuucks

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

doctorfrog posted:

Except for in-development games, which have an unconditional 14-day return policy.

edit: unofficially, you might be able to beg and get your $ back for not-in-development/finished games if there's evidence you never downloaded them.

When I bought shovel knight it didn't work, so I emailed them and got a refund. I tried the exe out of curiosity a few weeks later and it worked so I emailed them and the devs said to keep it, don't worry. Bought a copy for a friend and rebought the game because they were so chill about it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

GOG got the surge 2, wish I could've gotten it DRM free instead of getting on steam at release :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ymgve posted:

Have you tried DS3? Or DS1? DS2 tends to be regarded as the weaker of the trilogy.

I liked 2 more than 3, and I played 2 a hell of a lot more than 1 in the end. I bounced off it a bit initially, but after getting used to 2 I loved it. Dual wielding was a great addition, and though the combat felt like it lost some weight, it wasn't the hyper fast insanity that was ds3

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Original flatout had split screen 1v1 racing and all the shoot-your-driver-out-the-windshield games are pass the controllerable

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The Kins posted:

Surprise retro release: Freedom Fighters by IO Interactive!

I have wanted this to hit gog for years. Nothing beats pointing at a dude and sending 12 angry friends to gently caress their day up.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Not gonna lie, sleeping dogs drm-free does tempt me.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

itry posted:

:same: even though I wasn't planning a replay

I just started a replay. It's been like a year since I've played it so why not. Debating going double cop face from the get go so I can stop caring about everything

I think I might hit max cop face right before the wedding, which would be :discourse:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Very excited to play alpha protocol again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nice Van My Man posted:

The trick to AP is to get the completely broken pistol skill that one shots everything. I think there was also one that turned you invisible.

Nah, just build and roleplay however you want for the first time through.

Later runs yeah, just make mega busto builds