Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

this guy is badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
https://twitter.com/Snack_Memories/status/1524419059042820097?s=20&t=1Ii7nF6mOwsiZq-l4XPBfw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
was it kevin nash or vince russo who booked a wrestling show with no wrestling

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't think that actually happened. Nash booked a Nitro with no wrestling in the first hour, like as soon as he got the book.

thats the show i was thinking of lol what a disaster

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

I remember somebody saying that they saw Conrad holding court in the crowd with a little circle of admirers at one of the Starrcasts and never looked at the actual matches once. I genuinely don't think he has actual opinions on wrestling beyond whatever gets the other guy on his podcast to talk more. It's just a successful hustle alongside whatever that scam is that lets people pay off their houses sooner or whatever.

its works all the way down brother

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Tato posted:

Went to the toy store and talked to the owner, the collection came from some Kevin Nash super fan that passed away last year. Eventually his brother got tired of holding onto the lot and sold all of it. Additional stuff I saw

• An entire stack of never used Nitro Party red cups
• Multiple sealed boxes of Kevin Nash air fresheners (various designs)
• Not only every official Kevin Nash action figure ever made, but multiple high quality custom Nash figures for Hasbro and LJN
• Multiple Kevin Nash action figure prototypes
• Anything you can fathom being signed by Kevin Nash. Newspapers, basketballs, PPV posters for PPVs he wasn't on
• A very embarrassing Big Sexy license plate to go along with the frame above
• Multiple Kevin Nash masks and Halloween costumes
• Kevin Nash clocks, erasers, pencils, keychains, VHS tapes, napkins, party supplies, etc
• Just so much non-toy WCW junk that the owner is just taking offers or planning to offload it for near nothing

Even before talking to the owner, I figured the guy who owned this stuff had to have passed away or had something catastrophic happen. You don't put this much love and time into a Big Sexy collection and get rid of it for no reason.

I bought a huge box of WCW magazines and a set of these 4.5 inch WCW figures I never even knew existed
https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=3449&ssid=4

lol badass

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hulk hogan

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lid posted:

Hogan's disasters are more memorable too, we never talk about Ric Flaur real estate and insurance.

we should because ric flair giving financial advice is very funny

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
david flair is a fighter in wcw backstage assault

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

"Superstar" Billy Graham has died.

rip hulk hogan

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
john belushi rose from the dead to watch hogan body slam andre the giant at wrestlemania 3

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TheKingslayer posted:

Turning a big dials that says "swerve" and looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the Price Is Right.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince russo appears to have issues with people of different races and cultures and women even by the standards of pro wrestling

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince russo doesnt care about plot or characters the only thing he knows how to do is write stupid plot twists to try and shock the viewers and pole matches

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
aew is a goon project

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
goldberg made the thread

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

haljordan posted:

Vince also probably thinks the movie "Road House" was a documentary.

it was

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
by the time of backstage assault they were so low on wrestlers david flair is one of the playable wrestlers

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
never let a wrestler be booker

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
russo got a concussion from that match lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
WCW world heavyweight champion david arquette

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
in memory of iron sheik i will lol at the time WCW got him to sign a contract only to realize sheiky was out of shape and to put him on the bench and forgot to cancel his contract so he got an extra year of free money lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

iamsosmrt posted:

I haven't seen any of the matches, but I think it's cool that he had a pro wrestling redemption arc two decades later due to his own actual passion for the craft and desire to clean up his WCW legacy.

nick gage almost killed him

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i would have simply not gotten into the ring with nick gage

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol arquette buying nick gage an expensive celebrity dinner and telling him not to be too rough only to nearly die from blood loss

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
love to see a maskless rey mysterio looking like a teenager next to the giant wrestlers

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
pre hollywood hulk hogan fumbling around in wcw ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
wrong thread lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
macho was always more of a heel than a face and i dont think his heel turn would have had the effect that hogan, who had been a face since the 80's, would have had

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

one of the smartest men in wrestling

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
whats the point of a dusty memoir if he isnt alive to narrate the audio book

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Hirez posted:

Didn't those 2 brothers who showed off their sweet SS tats to Heyman try to buy WCW?

they tried to buy TNA

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince sometimes personally writes wrestler promos and you can really tell because of how bizarre they are it rules lol roman reigns had to say some weird poo poo on live tv because of vince writing his promos lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hulk hogan tall tales own

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cant believe the hulkster murdered inoki...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tommy ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
has the hulkster been on cribs? i thhink not

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head