Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

:barf:

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/news/detroit-2012-chevrolet-code-130r-concept-coupe/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

bull3964 posted:

I can't be the only one who finds current Infiniti styling horrid right? All their cars seem to be simultaneously melting while having suffered an allergic bee sting. Not a single attractive car in the bunch.

Every time I see one of these whales I'm amazed anyone would buy one on purpose

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

http://jalopnik.com/2015-subaru-wrx-this-is-more-of-it-1468265557

A CVT? What the christ is Subaru thinking?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

https://twitter.com/motortrend/status/425659120356556800

Ideas?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

bull3964 posted:

I usually go, but goddamn is the Pittsburgh auto show usually depressing. We get all the 3 year old concepts. Otherwise, the local dealers just grab a few models from their lot for each brand.

Sounds like the Philly show. I stopped going years ago, never anything interesting.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

BloodBag posted:

That said, that isn't the worst looking cuv/suv/fat wagon I've seen. Infinity has that poo poo on lock.

Always and forever. I can't believe people buy these things

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

KakerMix posted:

A complete and utter lack of taste
I thought for a brief moment that I was exaggerating but nope, I was not, it really is that big and is all over personal vehicles.

Eh, I'd never do it but for free oil changes I could see why a lot of people who don't give a poo poo about how their car looks would.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

fknlo posted:

There are a whole lot of cars that fall into this type of category. EVO, STI, and as I'm learning, E46 M3. You just have to be diligent and hope to find something that previous owners haven't beat the poo poo out of and thrown a bunch of lovely mods on.

As I found out when I sold mine, Mazdaspeed3 for sure. I got at least $3-4k more for mine than similar models for sale because I didn't have a straight pipe exhaust and green plastidipped wheels. The buyer said he was happy to pay the premium for mine because it was obvious I didn't dump the clutch at every red light and turn the boost up to a million. It was just a clean well kept car with very minimal mods and good service records.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

2018 Mustang looks pretty nice.

Facelift, V6 is gone, slight power bump, 10 speed auto, digital cluster.

http://www.roadkill.com/all-new-2018-mustang-gets-a-facelift-performance-upgrade/

opengl fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 18, 2017

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Looks like the V8 is getting direct/port injection also.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Michael Scott posted:

Can they make a V90 for poors? I would buy that in an instant.

I really wanted a V50 but ended up with my Vibe because boring Toyota reliability. It's just my beater anyway.

The V50 is a little more wagon-ish though and the perfect size.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

BloodBag posted:

I've always thought corvettes were cars for fat old men to drive to and from the icehouse every sunday (same with most harleys). That day did little to change that opinion. Most of them are to scared of the car's off-idle power to really give it the beans.

Can confirm, bought mine from an old guy who told me he never floored it because he was afraid of the power, lol.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

savesthedayrocks posted:

You have to admit they were the poo poo back in the day though. Only thing more early 2000's is Altezza style lights on everything. I remember actively trying to figure out, and eventually finding over-lay gages for my 88 Prelude.

Heck yeah, I put two different sets in my Tercel back then. They were hot poo poo.

e: dug up some of my old rice rice baby pictures. First set were regular indiglo, second set were reverse backlit. Eventually I took them off and put LED bulbs in when that became a thing.

opengl fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 18, 2017

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Cocoa Crispies posted:

My '12 Mustang has the flipmode of that; flicking the key to "start" for a fraction of a second just tells the ECU to run the cranking program, which has ruined me for cars with traditional cranking setups.

I've had a few rental cars with that feature, love it. Definitely Fords, I had a Vauxhall in Scotland recently that had it too.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

The main concern I have with start stop and engine longevity is oil pressure. If the engine's off and your oil pressure is zero, and it has to crank and get you moving in under a second, are you always going to have full oil pressure immediately? In any car I've driven with an oil pressure gauge, it can take a couple seconds to build up, even on a warm start.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Choco Zulu posted:

So a few pages back people were excited at the prospect of the Ranger Raptor coming to these shores, and I get the appeal. But what about an Edge Raptor? I was out for a walk yesterday and saw a white Edge with the now-familiar Raptor grille and 3 led's across the top, just under the front lip of the hood. However, it went by so fast that I couldn't get a photo. Has anybody else seen or heard of one?

Looks like its aftermarket

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2017-...=p2047675.l2557

opengl fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 20, 2018

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

FWD, hybrid, CVT only. Don't tempt them.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Godzilla07 posted:

Don’t forget the instrument cluster, which was ripped out of a Cavalier.

Hahahaha that is shameful

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Flyinglemur posted:

Also, is there a "loving Dealerships man" thread? Because gently caress everything about the Ford dealership I went to this morning.

There was one but goons gonna goon and drama ensued and they ran off a Good Poster.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Wheeee posted:

If you’re talking about Kia salesman guy lol no he was not a Good Poster.

lol no, this was longer ago. Forget her forum name but she still posts neat stuff on the FB group sometimes.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Charles posted:

I really hate PWM lights because I can see them flicker and nobody else can. People think I'm nuts but it drives me crazy. :(

Luckily I only notice it if I "pan" across them with my eyes quickly.

CRT monitors at 60hz back in the day though, ugh. Drove me batty when nobody else would notice the flicker.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

BloodBag posted:

I don't care what anyone thinks, I want a 5.0L mustang in the worst way. It would own to have two variants of the same engine in two vehicles. My truck sounds fuckin great and my car sounds like poo poo.

Doooo it. Car is stupid fun.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

CornHolio posted:

I not only think you are wrong but I think it's a largely untapped market. The desire for used performance luxury cars like M5s is an example, and I think a lot of people would be willing to sacrifice the quality of the leather and the rain-sensing wipers for a warranty.

Dodge sells a ton of hi-po non-luxury sedans. Seems every other car I see on the road is a Charger. What is the competition against a RWD, V8 sedan at the 30-35k price point?

Those are pretty much all V6's though.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I've never been concerned about starter life, but I do feel like going from the engine stopped with no oil pressure to started and ramping up to accelerate pretty much instantly can't be good for bearings and such. But there are Prius and Camry hybrid taxis running around with hundreds of thousands of miles so what do I know.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

watching old people struggle to get in and out of their Corvette is the perfect euphemism for America

The owner of my wife's company is pushing 80 and has a hard time walking, and drives a manual C7 Z06. Takes him a solid minute to get in or out of it.

He loving hoons it. Godspeed sir :patriot:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

davebo posted:

Yeah I think they're okay, although by this point I'm acclimated to the new taillights just fine. When the GXE was first introduced all the comments on car clogs were "lol, GT-R ripoff" though. My major complaint about these is that huge gap between the lights and the edge of the rear. When I got a C5 I immediately noticed how much dirt just accumulated in that gap so I got a kit to make the taillights flush with the rear and much preferred that.

I noticed the same with my C5. Maybe they never bothered addressing it because 95% of C5/C6 owners install those chrome tail light louvers. Blech.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Auron posted:

The only "issues" I've heard of is some minor gear hunting when accelerating slowly and some low speed whining. There really hasn't been any reliability issues that's I've heard of; obviously there are probably a few outliers. There's quite a few issues with the MT-82 though, mainly aluminum shift forks.

The 10L90 is EXACTLY the same as the 10R80. There are no differences internally; only tuning.

Pretty sure most of the MT-82 complaints are people no lift shifting and generally beating the poo poo out of them. Mine's been fine, maybe a little clunky sometimes but nothing I'd complain about.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Hey cool we good we settled auto vs manual on the last page how bout them new cars huh?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Dump the clutch once in gear with the engine running and you'll wiggle for life.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Fitting song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FM6b1cLC84

I'm partial to the gen after that:

Such a pure, honest 90s design. Also, glass headlamp covers that never, ever go cloudy like the plastic poo poo on 99% of today's cars.

I feel like the Legend is the ultimate form of this style

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah you have 400+ hp and it takes you from 0-illegal in less than 5 seconds.

Which is a shame since the 2018+ got bumped up to a 7400rpm redline (the 460hp is fun too). It absolutely howls above 6k but I rarely get to hear it. It's a little better with the 3.73's but I'd still like to wind it out more often.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

BloodBag posted:

I just want a 5.0L GT with a manual in a nice blue with a black interior.

Yesss join usssss

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

MrOnBicycle posted:

Alcantara on touch surfaces can go away though.

I put an Alcantara wheel in my car. I love it.

Seats are leather bolsters with Alcantara inners, door panels too.

Alcantara everywhere please.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

KillHour posted:

The only thing I hate about my alcantara seats is they're a pita to keep clean. I have a salt stain on my back seat that is never coming out.

Weird, I had Alcantara seats in my MS3 that I owned for almost 8 years from new and they still looked new when I sold it with minimal or no maintenance. But I guess I didn't do anything to stain them.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Before I got my wheel I read that only really happens if your hands are always heavily lotioned or you sweat a lot.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Huge_Midget posted:

Factory installed Truck Nutz, factory installed double vertical smokestacks, optional LED lighting package that has the lumen output of a small star, decal package that includes your choices of Thin Blue Line, Punisher skull, Monster logo, stars, 3%ers, Gadsden flag, MAGA, Confederate flag / Heritage not Hate, and NRA stickers. Factory installed gun safe with complimentary AR-15.

Texas package includes catalytic converter delete with factory installed coal rolling ECU programming, as well as ALL OF THE CHROME.

You forgot Rockstar wheels

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I'm trying to imagine a modern Prelude with modern 4ws and its either awful or incredible

Do it Honda

It will be FWD, optional hybrid, CVT only, 4 doors, oh and also a crossover. Enjoy.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Cosmetic poo poo, really. Looks like some different colors, wheel styles and monochrome accents with the emblems/badges blacked out.

And most if not all the new 18's we've seen locally have been black, white or red. No interesting colors are left.

So it's

vs.

She's starting to warm up to the idea of the cheaper 18's so we'll see. Personally I'd go white but she hates white :shrug:

The 18 and 19 are identical other than a new color for 2019. 18 was the refresh year with more power (460hp), new front end, tail lights, quad exhaust, optional active exhaust and mag ride, some other stuff.

The two you're looking at just have different packages, the first has the tragic base wheels, the second has the black accent package that includes black wheels and roof and emblems.

The PP wheels are best anyway, second maybe to the 20" forged wheels but those are pretty rare.

You can definitely get a ton of money off, I got $6k off sticker on my 2018 when they had just come out a month before. I've seen people on the forums getting closer to $10k off 2018's now. Truecar is relatively accurate if you want to get an idea of a good price.

opengl fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 2, 2019

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I really don't get that complaint. Sure its not a luxury car but its hardly a penalty box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I reprogrammed mine to 4 blinks and its perfect for lane changes.

I need to do this, 3 blinks is just a little too short for me.